Love Me, Hate Me, Either Way...

נכתב על ידי TheRiverRunsDeep

I've committed a sin. Well, falling in love with a Blake Dazer should be a sin. One punishable by death, I be... עוד

Hey Dork, Hello Hooker, Got A Date?
Linx
Anger and Forgiveness
I'm Weak When It Comes To Him
Cancellations and Sudden Ideas
Oh Crappers!
How Long Can This Last?
Waking Up
Routine
Fight!
I Promise ...
Lying
Drunken Kiss
Slap, Punch, Remember
You Shouldn't Have To Wait For Anyone...
Untamed Urges and Smiles
Just Friends...
It's Hot In Here, Don't You Think?
Not The Same Feeling...
Opening My Eyes
Situations
Give Me One Chance...
Date - Part 1
Date - Part 2
Raining Awkwardness
Reading The Signs
Should Have Said It Sooner...
Take That!
Falling Cliff
Why Can't You Just Say It?
An Eye For An Eye -- Still Makes Me Want A Drink
The Rave
His Munchkin ... Distraction ... and Woman
Noah
Boyfriend Trouble?
Arguments and Notes
My Official New Buddy
Girl Code
Too Close
The Past Haunts
Father Of Assumptions
Plans For Halloween
Like The Puppy, It's Over
We Need Each Other
UnEXpected
Avoidance
Halloween - Part 1
Halloween - Part 2 (Love and Lies)
Halloween - Part 3 (Second Chance)
Web of Love and Lies
Rabbit Hole
Tough Love
Epilogue
Epilogue - Part Two (20 Years Later)

Stalker(s)

28.5K 489 76
נכתב על ידי TheRiverRunsDeep

Semi-Unedited! 

Carmen P.O.V

“You don’t like fish, do you?” I asked Linx as he stared at my plate with a disgusted look.

His blue eyes locked with mine and he gave a faint smile. “No.”

I gave off a small chuckle and shook my head in disbelief. “Then why did you choose for us to eat at this restaurant? All they serve is fish,” I informed him. Taking a sip of my coke I watched him intently. I tried not to think about how this moment was so unreal. I was actually going out with Linx Smith. If you told me a month ago I would be in this position I would have punched you in the arm and called you a liar. Yet, here I was, sitting in a crowded restaurant with the man of my dreams sitting across the table from me.

“I know they only serve fish.” Linx said as he leaned back in the black booth. His eyes danced around the restaurant in a statement of ‘drop it.’

I felt sudden happiness explode inside of me as I realized he was being humble by not saying that he knew they only served fish and much to his dislike he came here just for me. “Thank you,” I muttered.

Linx’s eyes snapped back to me and he gave a shrug of his shoulders. “No biggie, like I said when you ordered, I’m not hungry.”

Acting as if I believed him, I started to eat knowing when we left I would take him to the nearest restaurant he liked and allow him to eat while I watched. I gave a chuckle as I thought about how stalkerish that sounded.

“So, I’ve been seeing Rugby try-out posters around the school. Are you going to sign up this year?” I asked Linx after eating a few bites of my dinner.

Linx looked at me and gave a single nod. “Yep. I actually think this year I will be captain. But coach won’t tell me that for sure until we get back from Rugby camp.”

“Rugby camp? What is that?” I asked as I tried to remember if he went to Rugby camp last year.

“It is a camp for different schools to come together before the season starts. You know, to get to know one another. But it is usually is a chance for rival teams to prank one another.”

“When is it?”

“In a few weeks. When we get back from fall break, next week, we’ll have try-outs. Then when coach decides who is on the team he will hand out permission slips for the field trip to the camp.”

“Oh, cool,” I replied, knowing that the moment he left, I would be sad ... but right now, I smiled a little and encouraged him. I knew he loved rugby so there was nothing I could do.

“Yeah, I’m excited for this is the first year I am able to go. Only junior and senior players are allowed to go. Last year I couldn’t attend that damn flu bug, so I’m excited about this year.”

It was then that I remembered why he didn’t go. If my memory served me right after he had that flu he was depressed for a full week, I never knew why ... well until now. “Well, we will just have to make sure this year you don’t get sick,” I joked.

“Knock on some wood will you,” he teased.

Knocking on the wood table we sat at, Linx and I laughed. I tried to hurry up and finish my dinner so we could get out of here and get him something to eat because as I looked in his eyes I could see he was growing hungrier by the second. The moment I finished I rushed Linx to pay the bill. He told me to calm down and that we were in no rush, but I really was started to feel bad that I mentioned I wanted fish when he doesn’t even like it.

Once he paid, I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of Blue Tail (the restaurant). Upon getting in his car, I buckled up and told him to drive us to a burger joint.

“You’re still hungry?!” He said in shock.

“No, food for you, Silly. I know you hate fish, but I know for a fact you love hamburgers. So, come on, let’s go.”

Turning up the heat in the car, Linx backed out. “I’ll just go through the drive thru at McDonalds.”

“I feel really bad. Why didn’t you just tell me you didn’t like fish?!”

“You wanted it! I wasn’t going to deter you from getting some fish.”

“But I could have gotten some at another restaurant that serves other foods too.”

“Yes, we could have but I hear that Blue Tail is the best place for fish. So, stop your whining you got your food,” he stated as he kept his attention on the road.

I sunk in my seat and stared at Linx. At first I was mad at him, but the longer I looked at him the more I began to be so thankful that he was in my life and cared about what I wanted. Without think, I leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek. “Thanks,” I mumbled and then sat back down in my seat.

Glancing at me for a quick second he allowed a smirk to fall on his face. “You’re welcome, Munchkin.”

I gave an angry roll of my eyes, “don’t call me that.”

Pulling into the McDonald’s drive thru he chuckled, “whatever you say Munchkin.”

“Call me that one more time and you will regret it,” I spoke right before he pulled up to the speaker.

“Welcome to McDonald’s, what can I get for you today?” A woman asked through the speaker.

“Yeah, I want a Big Mac with a large coke and fries,” Linx informed her.

“And two cheeseburgers, large coke and fries. Oh and a McFlurry with M&M’s,” I interjected.

Linx looked at me like I was crazy. I shrugged my shoulders and murmured that I was hungry. He rolled his eyes and went up to the window. Upon paying and handing me the bag Linx sighed. “I swear you have an endless stomach.”

“Did you just call me fat?” I asked him as he drove away from McDonalds.

Looking at me for a brief second he shook his head. “What? No! All I said was-”

“Why do you keep saying things about my weight?” I questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

“Carmen, I don’t ever talk about your weight-”

“You just did,” I stated with a straight face.

Linx gave a groan in frustration as he stopped at a red light. “I only mentioned your weight because-”

“Because you think I’m fat,” I allowed my eyes to well up with tears. “Are you going to break up with me?” I cried.

“What?! No! I am not I was just-”

“Thinking about it? I see now, you are one of those guys that when their girlfriend eats a lot and gains weight you break up with her.” I wiped my tears, only to have more replace them. “You are so cruel!” I yelled at him.

Without warning Linx turned on a street and pulled the car over. He parked the car and then turned it off. “Stop crying!” He demanded before reaching over and wiping my wet cheeks.

I turned my head, “don’t touch me. I’m fat!” I exclaimed.

“Carmen, shut up! You are not fat! You’re the perfect weight. I think you’re actually too skinny for your own good-”

“There you go! Talking about my weight! Gosh! You really know how to treat a girl!”

“You are being insufferable!”

“Then kiss me damn it!” I spat out.

“I just might!” With that said Linx grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me closer to him. Without even as much as a warning, Linx smashed his warm lips to mine. I gave a smile as I placed my hands in his hair and gripped a huge chunk of his strands, pulling him in closer.

I tried to get his free hand on my back but the second I touched it I found he was unbuckling me. The moment I heard the click of my seatbelt unbuckle, I maneuvered it so it was no longer constricting me.

Linx stopped kissing me for a split second and gave me a smirk. “You’re a good actress.”

“I know,” I told him before I locked lips to him once more.

***

After Linx and I had a heated make out session we ate our food while arguing about what color the sky should be. Linx thought the sky should be green and blue. I told him that the sky should be a rainbow. In the end we came to agreement, the sky should stay blue.

“I had fun tonight,” I admitted when Linx started the car back up.

“Ditto,” he stated.

"I think next time we should-” I was cut off by the ringing of my phone. Reaching in the pocket of my yellow skinny jeans and pulling out my phone, I saw it was Sapphire calling.

“Helur?” I jokingly said as I answered.

“Hey, Hobo, what you doing?”

“Ummm, on my way home. Why what is up?” I asked her.

“I was thinking of having a sleepover. Up for one?” Sapphire asked me.

I sighed and wondered if I had anything planned for tomorrow. “Uhhh, yeah that sounds good to me. Are we getting the whole gang together?” I questioned as I wondered how many people would be to the sleepover, because if it was the whole gang (Skyler, Blake, Alicia, Sapphire and I) I thought I might have to get Linx to take us to the store for some snacks.

“No, not the whole gang. Just you, Alicia, and maybe Skyler.”

“Oh, no Blake? ... I smell an explanation coming along.”

“Yeah, you will get one when you get your behind here. Hey, since you are out can you go to the store and get some food and drinks? I will play you back.”

“Okie Dokie, see you soon,” with that we hung up and I looked at Linx. “I need you to take me to the store.

“What?! I’ve fed you twice tonight! Please tell me you are not still hungry! Because I might have to break up with you for causing me to go bankrupt.”

“Ha-ha, no I’m paying and it’s for a sleepover. Sapphire is hosting one tonight ... I think something happened between her and Blake.”

“Like what?” He inquired.

“I don’t know; guess we'll find out when we get to your house.”

***

“Why did she call us here?” Alicia asked as she walked over to me.

Grabbing the last grocery bag from the trunk, I shrugged my shoulders. “I have no idea. I think it has something to do with Blake ... Hey, why is Johnny here?” I saw Johnny standing by the front door. The more I looked at him the more I thought he seemed like a fish out of water. I could tell he felt slightly uncomfortable being here. I sighed knowing that he wasn’t happy being around Sapphire because of what happened at the restaurant a few days ago. Alicia informed me yesterday that he was kind of intimidated by the whole scene that happened at the group dinner.

“I brought him here to show him that we are funny group. Not just a cluster of people that have drama surrounding them.”

“Well, if he doesn’t like drama then I don't think he will last long in our group.” With that said we walked up to Johnny. I gave him a smile before entering Sapphire’s home.

Walking into the kitchen I saw Linx standing by the refrigerator with Skyler. From the eavesdropping I did I realized they were talking about some video game. Not caring about their topic of choice I walked in and sat the bags on the counter.

“Carmen! Please tell me that you bought me some Salt and Vinegar chips!” Sapphire asked as she came marching into the kitchen.

Rolling my eyes, I pulled out her bag of chips. “Here you go.”

Snatching the bag from me, she smirked like a wild cat. “Thank you buddy!”

I chuckled, “you’re welcome. Don’t forget you owe me the total I spent today.” I reminded her

“Cheap ass.” She muttered past a mouthful of chips and I just laughed.

Entering the kitchen with Johnny in tow Alicia sighed. “So, what are we going to do?” She asked before crossing her arms over her chest.

Everyone remained silent as we all started to turn our gazes at Sapphire. “What?” She naively questioned.

“Well, you are the one that called us all here,” Alicia answered before walking over to a counter. With a small leap she jumped up on a counter. Sitting on the marble surface she awaited Sapphire to speak up.

“I ... Does everyone like comedy movies?! I rented Titanic,” Sapphire stated before she attempted to exit the kitchen.

However, Linx went to block the exit she was trying to escape from. He placed his hands on the door frame that he was in between. With a shake of his head he hinted to her that she was not getting through without an explanation.

Turning she looked at us like a deer in headlights. Making small steps, as if we wouldn’t see her she tried exit through the other door.

Leaping off the counter, Alicia raced over to the door and blocked Sapphire from trying to leave.

Stomping her foot, Sapphire gave a small growl. “This is not fair! Corning me!”

I tried not to smile at her irritation and the way her nose was flaring because it was really humorous. “Just tell us why Blake couldn’t come and we will watch Titanic.” I told her.

Spinning around, Sapphire huffed. “Nothing happened.”

“And Linx and I are not dating,” I sarcastically exclaimed.

“What?!” Everyone in the room shouted, even Linx.

I threw my hands up in the air, “geez guys! That was a lie as much as Sapphire here is lying!”

Everyone sighed in relief.

“For a moment there, Munchkin, I thought you were breaking up with me.”

I chuckled, “no, never.”

“Wait ... Didn't we ban Carmen from making jokes and sarcastic remarks?” Alicia asked.

Thinking about it for a second everyone, except Johnny, nodded. “Yeah, we did,” Sapphire replied.

“Oh come on!  I can be funny and sarcastic!”

“Sorry Munchkin, but you kinda are bad at it,” Linx admitted.

I narrowed my eyes at him. He had the audacity to say that to me. “You all are really mean!” I told them.

“Thanks,” everyone muttered at the same time.

Rolling my eyes, I looked back at Sapphire. “Speak now!” I demanded.

“Well ... Ummm ... you see ... I broke up with Blake, for good.”

“No way! You two are perfect for each other!” I proclaimed.

Shrugging her shoulder, Sapphire moved so that she was leaning on a counter. Her eyes suddenly became fixated on the time floor of the kitchen. With a loud exhale she started to look deep in thought as the room fell silent.

My eyes twitched over to look at Linx. He was staring over at me and when he saw I was looking at him he gave me a wink. I shook my head think this was the worst time to give me a sexy wink.

“What happened?” Alicia asked as she walked over to Johnny.

Shaking her head, Sapphire look as if she lost her train of thought. Her brown eyes danced around the room before she sighed once more. “I love him, I do. But we both ... we both have different ways of looking at things. I think ... I know in the end we wouldn’t have worked out.”

Giving Sapphire a pity expression, I walked over and embraced her in a tight hug. “We are here for you!”

“Group hug!” Alicia announced before running over to us.

Everyone, even Johnny all huddled together hugging one another.

“Okay, I can’t breathe!” Sapphire called out from the middle.

We all laughed and separated from her. “So, what are you going to do next? Please allow me to demand my boyfriend to go get us some ice cream. I have been dying to have a pity party for a while.” I informed Sapphire.

She shook her head. “No. No pity parties ... I am actually glad Blake and I have broken ties ... I for some reason feel as if I can breathe. I don’t feel restrained.”

My lips curved into a smile, “I’m happy for you  ... which means we should have a happy party! Boyfriend! Go get ice cream!”

"I thought you already bought some?” He asked.

“I did, but first it has melted already. Second it is not enough for a Happy Party of six. Now don’t question me! Go!”

“I will get it,” Sapphire said.

“Nonsense let Linx go!”

“No, I have something I need to do. I will get it when I come back.”

Without questioning the sadness in her voice, I nodded knowing she needed some space. “Okay.”

With that said she walked over to Linx and asked for the car keys. He handed them to her and moved so she could pass him. The second she left everyone looked at one another.

“Wonder what she has to do?” Alicia asked.

“I don’t know, but she seemed upset,” Skyler pointed out.

“No shit Sherlock, she has broken up with her longtime love. Of course she is upset. Sometimes I wonder if you are my brother, Dimwit.” Alicia teased.

Skyler stuck out his tongue and Alicia responded by doing the same.

“Let’s follow her,” I blurted out. Everyone looked at me with blank expression. “What come on? Don’t you all really want to know where she is going?”

Without warning everyone dispersed.

“Let me get my coat!” Alicia shouted.

“Hold on, I am trying to find my shoes!” Skyler yelled out.

“Has anyone seen my keys?” Linx asked as he felt his pockets.

Walking over to him, I slapped the back of his head. “You gave them to Sapphire, Ding Bat.”

“Oh, yeah,” he replied.

“Ready!” Alicia stated.

“Ready!” Skyler exclaimed.

“We can take my car. It is a van,” Johnny spoke.

All of us kinda looked at him in shock. He hadn’t said a word the whole time he was here. To be honest I thought he left.

Patting Johnny’s shoulder Alicia thanked him and then raced out of the door.

Once we were all in the car, Johnny started it and asked where too.

It was then that we realized Sapphire had left minutes ago and we hadn’t seen which way she went. “Wait! I have an app on my phone that tracks her!” Linx stated as he pulled out his cell. “I got it a few days ago in case I needed to find her ... Okay! Found her! She's a few streets over. Looks like she is headed towards the highway!”

Pulling out of the driveway Johnny started to drive.

“Ouch! Skyler! Move your elbow!” I cried out.

“Sorry,” he muttered.

“Explain to me again why all three of us had to sit in the first row of seats? Why couldn’t we move Skyler to the back?” I whined.

“No complaining,” Alicia sated before turning on the radio.

"Easy for you to say, you are in the passenger's seat. All alone and comfy," I muttered. 

Turning up the music some more, Alicia drowned out my ranting.

***

“Where are we?” I asked when Johnny pulled the van to a halt.

“Damn, theses houses are huge!” Skyler commented as he looked out the window at all the houses.

“Look, she is going to the front door,” Johnny spoke up.

We all glanced out the windows and looked at Sapphire. She was knocking on a red door and tapping her foot impatiently on the welcome mat. Suddenly the door opened and we saw a man standing there.

It looked as if the guy was about to saying something, but Sapphire jumped up and kissed him.

“Is that...”

“Joshua,” Linx said finishing my sentence.  

***

A/N: 

Okay, I might have lied .... Where as you might be counting down eight more chapters ... the truth of the matter is I have done some shifting around and there is only about three more chapters .. that includes the epilogue! 

Sorry and before you come at me with pitch forks and knives .. you should at least allow me to finish the book. Then you can attack me! 

PLEASE COMMENT! 

Come on I think I deserve a comment, I wrote this whole chapter while at home sick with an ear infection ): 

COMMENT!!! 

Muahahahahahahahhahha!!!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

88.9K 2.4K 31
Weiss Schnee, a young mermaid who just have turned of age discovered that her stepmother- the Queen currently, gave her a necklace as a gift. She was...
214K 2.7K 44
In an Alternate version of Rement which resides in a parallel universe, there is a version of Spider-man. This Spider-Man swings around the kingdom o...
2.5K 73 35
"I felt like I lost you the day I left." "You never did, I will forever and always be yours." He looked at me with dead seriousness, studying my rea...
2.3K 408 16
{Complete, 14 Chapters & an Epilogue} How does it feel loving a person who has a serious mental problem? Due to a traumatic past, Lyle lost all his m...