Not The Same Feeling...

Sapphire's P.O.V

"It's not that bad," Blake stated as we walked down the school hallways.

I kept maneuvering my hair over the spot Blake had made on my neck. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Of course you would think that you jack rabbit! What am I going to say when Alicia, Carmen, Skyler or Linx asks what the hell happened?! Because you and I know very well, I can't lie worth a shit, and if I tell them the truth, I'm sure your ass will be grass..."

Blake gave me a guilty expression before looking away. "I dunno..."

Sighing, I walked over to my locker and got my books for the first three classes. Shoving them in my Hello Kitty backpack, I closed the metal locker door. I expected Blake to be leaning on the locker beside me, but instead I found Skyler. He gave me a slight smile, whereas I gave a shocked look.

"Skyler!"

He chuckled. "What? Expecting someone else?" He asked.

Not answering, I smirked. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to see if you found a free day to hang out... you know, just me and you."

With small strides, Skyler and I made our way to first class. "Yeah, today is perfect for me to come over. If that is okay with you?"

Nodding Skyler said it would be fine.

As I sat in first class I wondered if what Blake said was true... that Skyler wanted to be more than friends.

Glancing over at Skyler, I studied him for a second. Sure, he was cute, and definitely boyfriend material ... but for me? To be honest, I don't think I have ever seen Skyler like that. Suddenly, he looked over at me and smiled. I returned the gesture before focusing back on the teacher, Mr. Lockhart.

Close to the end of class, the door opened and a girl that I knew to be, Mary, walked in. She smiled at everyone before handing the teacher a note.

Mr. Lockhart glanced over the note. "Sapphire Smith?"

I perked up in my desk. "Here!" I stated and stood up.

Mr. Lockhart extended his hand, with the note. I walked over to him and got the letter.

Sitting back down in my seat I saw that the note was from Coach Woods.

Sapphire Smith:

Tryouts are Monday for track! Don't forget!

Coach.

Folding the note, I then realized it was Friday. Sighing, I shoved the letter in my backpack.

****

"That was the most boring hour ever," Skyler commented as we walked into his house.

"Detention is not supposed to be fun," I informed him.

He chuckled. "Yeah ... Hey, we didn't prank Mrs. Weaver!" Skyler exclaimed.

I smiled at the memory of how last year when we would always prank the detention teacher, Mrs. Weaver. "Oh, yeah we didn't ... Next time?"

Nodding Skyler strolled farther into his house. "Would you like to watch a movie? Or play some video games?" Skyler asked when he walked into his house.

"It doesn't matter ... Where is Alicia?" I asked.

Skyler went towards the kitchen, and I followed.

Once entering the kitchen, he opened the fridge and got two Dr. Peppers out. "She's at Carmen's; I think they are talking about some upcoming dance."