Arguments and Notes

Sapphire’s P.O.V

Aerie looped her hand around Blake’s arm and pecked his cheek. He didn’t even push her away, I noted, as she walked arm in arm with him down the halls. Her nails lightly dug in his skin as a wicked smile of satisfaction crossed her face. Aerie was happy, that was evident, because she had what she wanted...

“Who does that bitch think she is?” Alicia asked me as she came over to me.

“His new girlfriend,” I bitterly replied and shoved my book into the dull grey locker.

Anger coursed through me. It has been one day! No, less than one day! And Blake was sporting a new girlfriend ... but it wasn’t just any girl... it was Aerie!

He knew this pissed me off more than anything. The random looks and blank expressions pointed my way showed me that he was doing this all on purpose. He wanted me to hurt, to cry, and beg for him back. It was sick, cruel, and only pissed me off more.

“What?! You and him are dating!” Alicia cried out.

Slamming my metal, locker door, I turned away from them. “Not anymore.”

“I oughta kick his ass,” Alicia spoke with narrowed eyes.

“Who are we beating up now?” Carmen asked with a rather suspicious smile plastered on her face. I examined her for a minute and noticed that she was glowing and all happy looking.

Not that that was a bad thing, no, it’s just not normal for her to look all ... cheerful and foodless...

“Blake! The damn boy is going out with Aerie,” Alicia proclaimed as she pointed to the two love doves in the middle of the hall.

“Why do we have to kick his ass?” Carmen naively asked.

Alicia face palmed herself. “Do I have to do everything myself?!” She asked as took off her red high heels.

“A-Alicia, what are you doing?” I questioned as I saw the look in her eyes. She wanted blood, and blood she was going to get.

Her green orbs of eyes landed on Blake, and a sinister smile spread on her face. With nothing but air under her feet, she ran towards Blake while screaming like a wild cave-woman.

I gasped and went to go after her, but strong arms wrapped around my waist. Looking over my shoulder I saw Linx. “Let go of me!” I shouted.

He shook his head, “either she beats him with high heels, or I punch him until I see fit to stop.”

I looked at the arm flinging Alicia in horror.

She was swinging her hands around as Blake kept flinching back from her attacks.

Aerie, being the best girlfriend ever, stood there and watching with a shocked expression.

“You son of a whore!” Alicia ranted as her high heel jabbed into his shoulder.

“Ms. Williams! Stop this at once!” The principal bellowed out at her.

Alicia made no attempt to calm herself, and instead kicked Blake in the shin.

The principal grabbed her and started yanking her away from Blake, but she kept flinging her arms around.

“You biscuit eating, cheater!” Her voice called out to him with venom.

Blake’s cast his eyes down to the floor, before they finally looked up and locked with mine. A guilty expression etched on his face.

Wiggling out of Linx’s arms, I glared at Blake before turning around.

***
“I hate the principal!” Alicia exclaimed as she sat down at the lunch table.

“Are you expelled? Suspended? What?! The suspense is killing me!” Carmen bickered before taking a large bite of her caramel apple. She closed her eyes in bliss for a split second and muttered lowly, “mmm, caramel!”

“No, I didn’t get expelled or suspended, just detention.”

“Wait, I thought fighting automatically gets you a week of suspension?” I inquired.

“Yeah, it does, but Blake used his grandfather’s power in the school board to get me out of trouble.” Alicia bitterly spat. “I didn’t want his help!”

My eyes flickered over to the other side of the lunch room. Blake was sitting at a table by the back wall. His dark green eyes were gazing over in our -- my -- direction. He watched me with a spiritless expression as Aerie leaned in and whispered sweet nothings into his ear. Blake didn’t even turn his head and look at her as she ran a finger down his neck and chest. His eyes were too engrossed in staying locked with mine.

She followed his stare, and narrowed her eyes at me. Her smile widened as she placed a kiss on his cheek and cuddled up to him.

“Just say the word and I will be happy to show him my fist, again,” Alicia proclaimed in a hiss.

Breaking our intense stare, I glanced over at Alicia. “No, don’t. He spared you from being suspended.”

“Doesn’t mean what he is doing is right,” Alicia half yelled.

“I broke up with him!” I exclaimed.

Alicia gave me a saddened look, “what? Why would you do that?!”

“You wouldn’t understand!” I told her as I stood up. The metal legs of the chair scraped the floor at my sudden movement to stand.

Alicia got up too and glared at me, “I wouldn’t understand?! Maybe, if you explained, I would!”

“Since you want me to explain stuff, why don’t you explain why you never told me you draw?!”

Giving me a shocked look, Alicia huffed, “I asked you first!”

“I don’t need to explain my shit to you!” With that I stormed out of the lunchroom knowing ever well that all eyes, even forest green ones were watching me leave.
______________________________________________________

Carmen’s P.O.V

“Talk to me, Munchkin.” Linx whispered in my ear as he sat down next to me in the last class of the day.

I flipped open my notebook, knowing we would have to take notes in class today. Pulling out a mechanical pencil, I pushed the eraser, in return pumping out some lead so I could write. All while my mind kept reminding myself I shouldn’t look or talk to Linx. Even if every fiber in my being wanted nothing more than to lean over and kiss him...

Heat flashed over my face, oh boy, not again...

All day long I had been thinking about Linx...

It was all thanks to my older sister, Jasmine. She saw Linx drop me off at home yesterday; she even spied on us as Linx and I talked for a little bit in his car. Of course we were only talking about how he forgave me for my actions at the dance. But, Jasmine thought she saw more...

The moment I walked into the house she went on a rant about how he ‘likes' me. She could supposedly see the ‘twinkle’ in his eyes as he looked at me. Jasmine rambled on and on about how she knows these things and he actually likes me.

This leads me to where I was now...

With my mind flooded with thoughts of whether Linx liked me or not. It was Jasmine’s fault, she just had to go and plant this idea in my mind ...

I wanted nothing more than to find a flower, lock myself in a room and pluck the soft petals until they gave me an answer of if he likes me or not ... or maybe I should just shake a magic eight ball...

“Are you ignoring me?” Linx asked as he threw a small paper ball at my face.

Rolling my brown eyes, I looked at him. “No, I am not ignor-” my eyes slipped down to his lips ... oh, dear mum, look away!

Glancing at the teacher that was writing on the whiteboard, I suddenly started to take notes.

Linx huffed beside me and started scribbling what I assumed were notes on his notepad.  

Not but mere seconds later a folded piece of paper landed on my spiral notebook. Taking a small peek out of the corner of my eye, I saw Linx writing away with his notes.

Grunting softly, I unfolded the paper.

Munchkin,

It’s not nice to ignore those who are trying to talk to you.

Sighing, I replied.

LINX,

I am not ignoring you ... I just find that my notes are much more interesting than you...

Not caring to neatly fold the paper, like he did, I tossed it on his desk. He maneuvered the piece of paper so he could read it. A small chuckle escaped his lips as Linx read the note.

Deciding that I was never going to catch up with the teacher’s notes, I sat my pencil down and awaited Linx’s reply, knowing it would be funny.

The paper was lightly thrown on my desk.

Reaching forward I opened it.

Munchkin,

You know I am more interesting than this lesson. For the fact that I am sexy, and sexy people -- like myself -- are interesting. *wink*

And so it began, all during class Linx and I passed secret notes to one another behind the teacher’s back.

Most of the notes consisted of me telling Linx he was an air head and thought too highly of himself. In return, he seemed to constantly be trying to get me to admit he was the sexiest and interesting man in the world. My denial was met by a note that made me freeze like duck in a frozen pound.

Munchkin,

Come to my house, tonight and I will prove to you I am the sexiest, and interesting person ever...

I wanted to do nothing more and reply with a stern ‘no’. But the bell rang and he flew out of the class, not even waiting for me to give him an answer.

Sitting in my seat, I thought that no matter how much my mind tried to convince me not to go, I would in fact go to Linx’s house tonight...

*******

A/N:

I am better now guys, thanks for all the comments. I cannot express how much they lifted my spirits when I was sick ... I hope everyone liked some aspect of this chapter.

Vote and comment as you please!!! (But it please me to have many!!! Hahah)

Btw: Last chapter was a record number of comments and as a treat, I made a trailer for this book! It's on the side!!! ENJOY!!!