The story of A storyteller

By MeghanaVinjamuri

"She chose you over herself, she loved you more than anyone in this world," he says. Who is she? After all... More

Prologue
First day with the first page
I lost it
A new friend
An invitation
A coincidence
Suspension
Mission Trilogy
Dad!?
Sha...?
What about your Mother?
A day of apologies
He sneaked into my room...again
I wish all the happiness for you
A bicycle ride
The carnival night (Part I)
The carnival night (Part II)
A boy can do anything if a girl means a lot to him
An unexpected letter
I know what you're searching for?
I wish I could see him again
I prefer you calling Sir to uncle, dad
A meeting
With Ani In My Life All My Dislikes Are Becoming My favourites
The time has come.... To Unravel The Truth
THIS CAN'T BE REAL
WE ARE DONE
Time Will Change
Breakdown
Missing
An Accident
Happy Birthday
A Reunion
Everything Will be Alright
Give Us Strength
Dads And Daughters
It's Just A Dance
Farewell Gone Wrong
Come Back Dad
Last Wish
Life Goes Pretty Fast
Epilogue

You'll love this Place

17 2 0
By MeghanaVinjamuri

Anara's POV......

Life is unpredictable. We never know what happens next. Who knows how lives can change in a few days? Who knows how life brings both surprises and miracles just like hurdles and tears? Who knows if there will be a cliffhanger in our lives just like in stories. Everyone has a story. Every life is a story and my story starts at the end of a person's story. My mom's life. Never in my life have I ever felt this guilty after I learned the truth about her. Never in my wildest imagination would I wonder that her life was at stake because of me.

Although my heart shattered into a thousand pieces, I am still breathing only because I met these amazing people and the family of Mom. They love me just as Mom loved me.

"What are you thinking about, sweetheart?"

I diverted my gaze from the car window as Dad interrupted my thoughts. Even though we had a great lunch together a few hours ago, it won't make me feel better. Nevertheless, I should appreciate their efforts to cheer me up.

"Nothing, Dad" I lean over Dad's shoulder and think about the diary. It's the only thing of mom I had.

"Tired?"

"A little"

"Really? You shouldn't be tired"

"Maybe I am"

"Come on, you still have something to see"

"What?" I sat straight as I heard it. I don't know how to take that. Like I should be worried or excited. I can't take all the sadness in a day. Dad knows that, right?

"It's okay, dear. It's not a bad one. It's a good thing that you are going to see it. Alright?"

"Yeah," I sigh in relief and lean back rubbing my face with my palms. For a while, my heart sank. It is not prepared for any other bad news. It's a long day anyway. Still, I need some time to process everything that happened today.

"I know. You are hurt. But this won't hurt you and I'm sure that it will make you feel better instead" Dad says like he read my mind. He might have understood how I was feeling and taken up all the things. How silly I am!! Who can understand me better if it's not my dad?

"How are you so certain about it?" I ask him instead of asking him where he's taking me next. I knew that he didn't mean lunch with Mom's friends before when he said that there was something he planned for me.

"Because it makes me feel more alive than anything in this world"

That piques my curiosity and urges me to ask him "What is it, Dad?"

"My Home...."

It must be a place that is so special to Mom and Dad. My curiosity bubbles up again and my brain starts functioning to anticipate it before we arrive there. I try to recollect everything I read in the diary and the answer hits like bolting.

Mussoorie....

Mom and Dad's special place.....

Dad saw her first time and they both fell in love when they.....yes. I know it. I put all the pieces together and figured it out.

"It is the place where mom used to narrate her stories, isn't it?"

His face lits up and he has a huge grin as I ask him excitedly.

"Yes. It is the place where I fell for a storyteller"

"And where your love story begins" I add. He nods at me smiling. I had never seen him this happy before. He misses her a lot. I could imagine the pain Dad felt these years. Earlier, when he told Pratheek's uncle that he might never have what he has today if he was in his place, I noticed the guilt in his eyes. I understand what he meant. But I'm not mad at him. He's right though. Mom should be his priority. He chose her against the world and everyone's will. His love is so precious and I am so glad that he still cares for me and loves me although I am the reason for mom's....

"Sir, we've reached the destination" The driver halts the car bringing me back to reality.

"Here we go...."

Ayesha's POV....

"Yeah. See you tomorrow" I reach my bicycle saying my goodbyes to Paayal and am about to go to Anara's home.

"Hey," Advik stopped by with his bicycle. What's with him?

"Hey,"

"I...um,"

"What is it?"

"It's...just"

"Come on. I'm getting late"

"You are going somewhere"

"Yeah"

"Yeah....right.....okay"

"So..."

"It's okay" he is about to go but I stop him saying "Wanna hang out with us"

"I would like to...but"

"Is anything wrong?"

"No, I am about to ask you out. Like just you and me hanging out. There is a snack hub nearby...."

I look at him with my mouth slightly open. Is it really happening?

"Oh, don't take me wrong. It's just... Now we are almost friends, right? And I just want to give you some time for us if you are okay with it"

"Not an offense. But I really don't expect this from you"

"Did I say something wrong? Or–"

"No. I mean I heard that you hate girls and never talk to any girl in the school. You never even hang out with the girls before. Seems like I heard them wrong"

"I changed my opinion"

"Seems so" I look at him amused.

"After I came to know about you" he shrugs simply making me blush a little. Silly me. He is good to me because I am good to him lately. So don't you dare to embarrass yourself in front of him? I warned myself and said..

"That sounds... Cool"

He smiles a little and waits for my answer.

"Will you give me a minute?"

"Sure"

I dialed Anara's Granny's number to find out if they had returned.

"Hello, Nanny. Is Anara at home?" I ask her as soon as she lifts my call. "Okay. When will they arrive?"......" Alright. I'll call back soon Nanny".....

"Let's go"

"Are you sure?" he asks me hesitantly.

"Positive"

With a huge grin on his face, he offers me a ride. As I had my bicycle, I denied it with a smile.

"No worries" he's disappointed a little.

I feel bad about it so I say "You said it's near... which is walkable, right?"

"Yup"

"So, why don't we walk to it?"

"That's great"

"Then what are we waiting for?"

Anara's pov.....

This place is just like I used to imagine. Beautiful and pleasant. It's a small place though but she made it ravishing. She was so talented. With a huge grin, I look at Dad who is so indulged in looking at the place with so much pride and passion. A small smile forms on my lips on seeing him happy after ages. He smiles at me and holds my hand saying "You'll love this place"

I see the beautiful garden as I enter. I enjoy the greenery and feel the fresh incense of different roses on our way. As I entered the small building, I saw a reception first....oh wait.

At first, I thought it was a reception. But it is a small bookstore adjoining a big hall. I didn't expect that Mom could do something like this. She was wrong about her. She wasn't as dumb and naive as she used to think about herself. She was the great, most confident versatile woman I've ever seen.

"This book is amazing. You know this author, Naina. She was an extraordinary storyteller. I not only love the way she narrates the story but also the world she built with the incredible plot"

"Yeah, I love her books too. Not to forget how she presented all the emotions with the beautiful choice of her words"

"Why doesn't anyone speak about her book endings? They are the most beautiful as ever and I used to re-read her books. That's how I got addicted to them"

I hear people speaking about Mom's books in the hallway. That made my day. Speaking about her makes me miss her more. I wish I could see her once.

As Dad noticed my disappointment, his hold tightened. "Are you ready for this?"

I nod at him in assurance and he takes me to the big hall where I see the balloons and confetti all over the walkway on the green carpet. It feels special as I walk through it. There is some audience in some seats looking at me curiously as I walk. Dad leads my path to the stage which is closed with curtains.

As I stand on the stage, I feel the presence of Mom. I remember from the diary. She used to stand here and narrate her beautiful stories with all her heart. I close my eyes to see it all black. I never saw her but I can feel her. Her every word. Her every emotion. Her goodness. Everything about her. Then I open my eyes to see an eagerly waiting audience in front of us. It's like they are waiting to hear an announcement.

Dad looks at me before he speaks. "My due respect to everyone who arrived here at my request. And without wasting your precious time, I am going to say the sole purpose of why we gathered here" he pauses for a while and looks at me. "We gathered here not only in remembrance of our beloved Naina but also as an answer to all of your questions" he continues saying looking straight into my eyes. It's like he's saying something to me.

"Before declaring my decision, I would like to introduce someone you all have to know" Dad leaves my hand and holds my shoulders with both of his hands. "She is Anara, the only daughter of me and Naina, and the sole owner of not only this place but also my company"

"What?" I mumble in confusion. What is Dad doing? Is he kidding?

"So, let me introduce the successor of all my assets and properties.....Anara Rathod"

What's just happening? Who are these people actually? Why are they looking at me in shock and awe at the same time?

"Dad, what are you doing? Are you out of your mind?" I ask Dad but he doesn't hear me in the sound of claps.

"That's all of it, gentlemen. The announcement was done and the decision was made. But I request all of you to wait for the small celebration of Anara's birthday and give your blessings and best wishes to her for her bright, long future"

Just then the curtain opens revealing the huge cake beautifully placed on the table surrounded by all the people I met at the cemetery. Aunt Ishani and Ria come to me and take me to the table. Dad stands beside Uncle Arnav and Pratheek. Everything is as perfect as it is except for Dad's announcement. I am too stunned to process what is happening. Although my birthday celebration is going on just like everyone's birthday, I am not in my senses. I blew out the candles and received everyone's wishes casually. But my mind is numb still thinking about Dad's big decision. Why did he do that? Why is he doing all this? I mean I know it's because he wanted me to know about Mom. But...this announcement, these people. It doesn't feel good. It's all suffocating like I am in the limelight and suddenly I got all the attention of the world. It all feels surreal and I don't like a bit of it.

After everyone exits, there is no one....other than me and Dad. Uncle Pratheek and Aunt Ria have taken their leave to look after the people who visited here. Uncle Arnav and Ishani have to leave because of the call from their home. They looked so anxious before they left. I'm worried about them. What possibly can make them tense all of a sudden? I wish I could spend some more time with them but I have to clear some things up with Dad first. Why is he acting weird after his return? Something has really gone wrong and I have to know what it is that makes Dad act like he is doing everything on purpose. Handing over all his properties and responsibilities to me is certainly not a random thought.

"Dad,"

"Yes, dear," he says without looking at me.

We are sitting on the stage as Dad hangs his legs down the stage moving them forth and back whereas I sit beside him holding my knees with my hands.

"Is everything alright?"

He looks at me and stares at me for a while like he's reading my thoughts.

He blinks his eyes in answer and again looks straight into nothingness.

"Why am I feeling like something is not right"

He looks at me again and takes his time to answer "You are tired. Let's go"

"I am tired.... in search of answers," I say the last part in a low voice.

"It's getting late. Your granny might be waiting for us. Let's go home" he's about to get down the stage but I stop him from doing so.

"Dad, can we stay here for some more time? Please...." I plead with my eyes. He nods at me and says "No more questions" I don't understand why he is avoiding my gaze and my questions. What is it he hiding from me?

"Wait here. I'll be back in a minute"

As much as my brain is storming with all the never-ending questions, I ignore the part of it and look around to feel the beauty and significance of this place. This is the place where mom and dad fell in love. I still remember how Dad confessed his love to Mom in a cinematic way. I smile as I imagine how Mom might felt when he proposed to her in front of like hundred people I guess. I love this place.... really and from now onwards this is going to be my place. My happy place. The place I will be going to visit whenever I want peace like I used to visit the park.

Just then Dad comes back "Shall we go?"

***********

Hey guys......

How are you doing? Hope you are doing well.

I'm back with a new chapter. I know right? It's been a long time and I'm sorry. This time it's a small chapter too.

Anyway, it has become quite common to both of us. Right? So, how's the chapter?

Do you like it?

Please vote if you like the chapter and don't forget to comment.

Keep supporting...

#staysafe #spreadlove

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23 0 9
When a young girl develops feelings for two of her childhood friends, what will happen? Who will she pick? Or is it just a one sided love between fri...
61.8K 721 16
"You liked him this whole time?" "Not... not the whole time..." • Your kinda basic college love story :) The updates may be a little slow, but I will...
128 1 16
Two best friends. One girl. Two sudden rivals. She never wanted to come between them. But they didnt give her a choice. One was hopelessly in love. T...
2.2K 146 22
"What is she doing here?" "Oh Jaden, the way you talk, someone would think you own this entire neighborhood. " She's quiet,not very social and very ...