An Original's Doppleganger

By Choco_kitty05

After the epic showdown of the H2O mermaids and the red haired mermaid Charlotte who lost her tail, Emma Gilb... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
💜Updates💜
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
🎉Top 3🎉
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 3

5.2K 189 7
By Choco_kitty05

I couldn't believe my parents got me a ticket to go to New Orleans but it was easy to take in since I was currently on a flight to the  birth place of Mardi Gras.

I wanted to know more about the place such as the best cafes and sites I could visit during my stay.

I just got out of the airport and into a taxi as I gave the man the address for the place I'll be staying at. My parents said I'll be staying at a place called the French Quarter and so it didn't take long for the taxi to arrive at my destination.

I paid the driver before exiting the vehicle as I looked around but sadly I didn't notice the strange look that the driver gave me before he drove off. I walked up to this lovely apartment building with flowers hanging on the balcony. I knocked on the entrance where I was greated by a lovely old lady.

"Hello deary how may I help you?" she asked.

"Hello my name is Emma Gilbert my parents booked one of the apartments," I replied.

"Oh my well come in dear let me check the registry to see what room you'll be staying in," she replied as she helped me with my suitcase inside before walking around the desk.

"Ahh Emma Gilbert room A103 says here you'll be staying here for two months,"said the woman.

"Yes it's summer vacation before I go to college,"I replied.

"Well Emma I'm the owner of Bells and Beau apartments Agatha Green but you can call me Miss Agatha or Aunt Agatha and I hope you enjoy your stay," she says giving me a welcoming smile.

"Thank you and I will," I smiled before walking to the elevator that she told me would take me to my apartment floor.

I walked out of the elevator and into the corrador looking for the door that has my room number.

"101,102, A103 I found you," I said as I arrived at my room door.

I placed the key into the key hole and opened the door as I stepped inside. I was awestrucked at the design of my room. Outside made it look small but damn whoever did this is skilled.

I placed my suitcase and bags on the bed as I decided to explore since I saw two rooms. I entered the room on the left on to see that it was a bathroom.

I loved the bathroom and even the tub since I loved relaxing in the room. Rikki and Bella didn't like being in their mermaid form much but I loved it. Even though at first I was sad but just the feeling of relaxing in a tub filled with soap and my tail hanging over was relaxing to me.

I then left and walked to the room next to it and saw that it was a kitchen which made me feel puzzled as how on the outside this place looked small but the inside is so big.

I hear a phone ringing and looked to my left where I spotted a phone. I answered it only to realize that it was Miss Agatha on the line.

"Hi Miss Agatha."

"Hi deary just calling to ensure that you're settled in," I heard her say.

"Yes I am thank you for asking," I replied.

"Well I just wanted to tell you that even though there is a built in kitchen, you can still order room service like the others or if you want to cook your own meal I can give you the info for a business that delivers vegetables and other stuff to save you the journey of going to the supermarket," she informed.

"Thank you and I would love to have the number of the delivery service," I responded.

"No problem deary I'll send it through the fax machine in your room well goodbye."

"Goodbye," I responded.

I love that there is a delivery service that can make getting food easy but I think I'll try going to a supermarket first while I am exploring.

I started to unpack my stuff and place them in different drawers when I notice two necklaces and a ring. I wondered how they got into my suitcase when I realized there was a note beside it.

Dear Emma,

     I heard you were going to New Orleans and so I decided to give you two parting gifts. The locket is a friendship necklace that all you girls have to celebrate being mermaids together which helps to prevent you from changing when water accidentally touches you and the heart necklace and ring is to help you during a full moon. Stay face you extraordinary girl

Love Miss Chattam.

I smile as I read the letter which really touched my heart. I then realized that I didn't remember the whole water touching me makes my tail appear in ten seconds.

I guess it's due to be being able to use my powers and deflect the water before it touches me. Let me say this wasn't easy but with a lot of practice and Lewis' help I mastered it so not only will I not get wet but I'll be discreet.

I looked outside and realized that it was dark outside. I didn't want to shower so late so I just changed my clothes into my pajamas and white socks as I did my hair in a messy bun.

I placed my glasses on and pulled open the balcony doors as I stepped outside looking at the beautiful starry sky and the lively people who walked down the streets. I breathed in some fresh hair as I went inside for my laptop and a bag of chips out of my bag.

I sat on the chair on the balcony and placed my laptop on the table as I decided to video call my family to let them know I arrived safely.

They were glad to know I was okay and reminded me to prepare for the full moon that was next week and to ensure I eat healthy and not too much seafood. They sent me kisses before hanging up.

'I hope this vacation is interesting and allows me to experience new things,' I thought but oh boy I didn't know that I want to take back that thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 793 44
Jessica Gilbert has finally graduated high school and has decided to attend the University of New Orleans with her twin sister Meredith, without tell...
454K 10K 51
When you think of Klaus Mikaelson, you think of the murderous Original hybrid; few don't and Violet is one of them. After saving her life in the 1920...
71.6K 1.6K 25
Rose left the Moroi & Dhampir World because Dimitri broke her heart & got together with Tasha, & Lissa destroyed their friendship. Rose went to the o...
366K 7.1K 67
Rosalie Marie Gilbert, the infamous identical twin sister to Elena Gilbert. She's been pulled into the world of vampires, werewolves, and witches eve...