v e n t (+16)

By MythTeenTitans

❗A canon story for my universe❗ As the title says, it's like therapy for me to write stories of that sort. Da... More

(1)
(2)
(3)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)

(4)

33 4 0
By MythTeenTitans

Nighttime. Michelle was outside, more specifically - on the streets of Gotham. She was wandering around aimlessly, trying to find her purpose. The people of Jump City have banished her out of town. She could never return for her crimes. Only the people of Gotham could welcome her with open arms. She belonged there, among the outcasts, weirdos and psychopaths. The girl didn't remember much. There was no sign of her father, her team, her family... They all seemed to be gone. Actually... there really wasn't anyone on the streets, either. It almost seemed like the city is dead, abandoned. She sighed softly and her warm breath turned into white smoke that quickly vanished away. It was cold.

She remembered that Robin's father lives somewhere here so she attempted to find a way so as she knew exactly where she needs to go to get there. It was strange because she has never been to Gotham before, nor seen Batman. Robin never spoke of him much and when he finally did - he did it sparingly with words and in a lower tone. As a child, it made her feel dreadful about her "grandfather". She expected him not to be such a good person. In that situation though, she felt like she has nobody to turn to other than him. The bloodline wasn't important, however being very closely connected to his adopted son could lead to acceptance from him.

She looked down at her communicator and grabbed it to scroll through the contacts. Nobody was listed. Suddenly, she heard steps approaching her from behind. The wind whistled in her ears. She hid her communicator and turned around to see her enemy. Slade himself yet his one last eye was glowing bright red.

- I've come for you - he groaned lazily.

- You're dead. And I don't believe in ghosts - she stood still with pride. - Get lost - she hissed through her teeth and turned away to keep moving forward.

- You can't ignore me forever, Michelle - he followed her.

- It's rather difficult to ignore you, actually... - she said to herself, almost whispering while rolling her eyes. - Give me 1 good reason why I shouldn't and I'll think about it.

- I'm the embodiment of your darkest secret, of your deepest trauma and the demons that crawl under your bed and wait for you to stay alone - he dragged his feet behind slightly as he came over. - And I'm going to follow you for the rest of your miserable life - he looked her deeply in the eyes and started coughing.

Michelle noticed a bullet hole in his forehead, very close to the center yet still slightly to the left. As he was coughing, the hole started filling up with a scarlet-colored liquid which then dripped down his face. The coughing never ended, it only became more exaggerated. Her eyes widened and heart froze for a moment in shock. She took a few steps back and grabbed her gun from the pocket on her belt to be prepared in case something happens. Slade stood in place yet the background got louder all of the sudden. Kids were crying and running away to hide or to return home to their parents, men took ahold of some knives they had available and threatened Michelle to go away. Women approached policemen and were pointing fingers at her while yelling and sobbing and dogs were barking at her with significant aggression.

A few even bit her ankles and tugged at the leg. She tried to kick them away out of fear but that only infuriated people who owned them. Sirens from police cars were ringing in her head, causing it to ache slightly.

- Sir, it's that girl with a gun! - yelled out a clearly terrified woman, holding on to her crying toddler.

- She's going to kill us all! Come on, do something! - an older man spoke up to make the policemen move.

Myth blinked in confusion and panic, trying to understand the situation.

- Guys, I promise I didn't mean to! You have to believe me! - the girl started yelling back desperately.

She held her hands up, trying to look defenseless but there was still that unfortunate gun in her hand.

- SHE'S THREATENING US! Back away, kids!! - a man in his early 30s spread his arms to protect the youngest.

- No, please! I swear to you, I would never harm any of you!!! - she begged and tried to pet one of the dogs who was violently ripping her trousers apart with passion but it just bit her hand instead.

- Dad, even the dogs hate her! Animals always sense good people - a younger boy spoke up.

- Look what you've done to that poor man! Have you no shame?! - a young woman yelled at her.

Myth looked back at Slade who was still coughing and still bleeding from his forehead.

- HE'S A VILLAIN, PEOPLE! He would kill and enslave all of you! I meant well, please!!! - she felt like crying.

- AND NOW SHE'S VICTIM-BLAMING?! Sir, did you hear that?! - the same woman with a small child turned to a policeman again, pulling at his sleeves.

Michelle felt scared and defeated. She couldn't explain herself to them in all of those heavy emotions and loud noises. The girl looked around once again to see her father talking to another policeman and doing what he could to convince them about Myth's innocence. She has never felt happier to see him. Michelle kicked the dogs away hard enough for her trousers' ends to rip and leave the dogs behind. Her ankles were also badly damaged and bleeding because of their teeth sinking in them deeply. She was crying and rushing towards Robin to hug him very very tightly and never let go. She wished to feel safe again in that moment and the only person around who could ensure that was Robin.

When she thought she's almost there, as only one large step separated them from one another, the girl felt a strong pull on her shirt from behind. She fell down on the ground.

- Aight, young lady. You're coming with us - spoke up the policeman who was dragging her behind them violently.

- N-No, please! I-I beg-g of you, let-t me go! - she was sobbing so hard that her body was lacking oxygen.

The girl was swallowing her tears unknowingly because there were so many. No one helped her. She was crying loudly as if she tried to mix in with the loud background. The longer she was whining - the quieter the rest became. It went on like this until she could only hear a long squeak in her head and herself. She was laying on the ground and sobbing. It took her a hot minute to notice that she isn't being dragged, her ankles don't hurt and the noises all silenced. She looked up and the surroundings were all pure white like paper.

- Michelle-

She immediately jumped at a sudden soft male voice behind her and started crying once again out of stress and fear.

- Oh no, I'm sorry. Please don't cry - he spoke up once again and got down on his knees to comfort her. - You're safe.

His armed hand traveled above her stiff, slightly bouncy back without touching it. A bright yellow-tinted light surrounded his palm and warmed up her muscles. The bouncing was caused by her twitching lungs due to Michelle's heavy and exaggerated cry. He began humming a calm and quiet melody while paying attention to which parts of her body he still didn't take care of.

- I want-t to d-dad - Myth left out a sad plead.

The man behind her looked up at the back of her head when he heard that. She didn't look at him, she was on her knees face down the whole time.

- Of course - he patted her back gently. - Let's see him - he spoke calmly and focused.

The white void suddenly disappeared and they both turned out to be sitting in Robin's room as if nothing ever happened. Myth was in bed under the covers, in Robin's shirt and with messy hair. She looked around feeling uneasy and still completely shocked. Her breathing was sharp, she exhaled and inhaled the air in sudden short sighs which resembled panting. Robin wasn't there. She grabbed her head in panic to calm down and realize what was going on. After she took her time, her sight finally met the guy who was there with her, just sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at her with a kind, accepting and understanding gaze and silently waited for her to feel herself again.

He wore a light warm grey armor with darker elements of the same hue of grey with a big sun-like mark on his chest. His eyes were almond-shaped and looked gentle while also deep as the soul within. His raven hair reflected the moonlight peeking through the blinders. They were short with a longer front falling on his brows in a straight line and a split in the middle. She was staring at his face for a moment because she couldn't take her eyes off of him but then she realized she's been doing that for way too long and shook her head. She didn't speak up, it was difficult to think of anything proper to say after such a rollercoaster of events.

- He's in another room - the newcomer assured her quickly.

- Where? - she sniffed.

- Living room.

She got up and tried to head there but her steps seemed lazy and clumsy and her balance was definitely off. The armed man walked over to her and decided to escort her so she doesn't harm herself on the way. She was too tired to even consider it cute, her mind simply accepted how he wanted it to go. It wasn't the first time they met. The first one was unexpected and strange but helpful. Ever since, the girl couldn't get him out of her head. Now was the first time ever he decided to speak to her. They were taking careful steps forward together, Michelle sometimes had to lean on him for extra support when her own sense failed her. She felt numb from crying but thanks to her companion - the fear went away.

She grabbed his elbow when she felt like tilting towards the other side but she got pulled towards him instead. He allowed her to hold on to him till the end. When they arrived, they saw Robin by the Tower's computer, sleeping on his desk which was covered with papers and a dirty, re-filled a few times coffee cup. Myth let go of the guy to cover her father's back with a blanket.

- Don't bother - the man stopped her. - I've raised his body temperature so he doesn't need it.

The girl was very confused but she nodded without questioning it and approached Robin to fall on her knees, hug his hip area and rest her head on his lap. He watched how the dad brought Michelle so much comfort just by being there. The visitor turned off the main computer's screen and was about to leave.

- Sentinel... - muttered the tired girl.

- Yes?

- Thank you - she fell asleep soon after letting these two words out her mouth.

He smiled softly and chuckled quietly to himself with his deep voice.

- Sleep tight - he made sure she stays warm at night and left with a few sparkles remaining behind him until they faded away completely.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 101K 77
In which the 20 year old 'retired death eater' enlists the help of the order and finds that her old DADA professor trusts her when no one else will. ...
1.2M 52.3K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
443K 13.8K 33
"Grayson. Looking as good as ever." "Madalyn... we had an agreement," Dick responded dryly, dark eyes just barely seeing me. I could tell from the ci...
420K 12.7K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...