positions (Ariana Grande/You)

By ImagineWriting1

You are a popular Youtuber who is gaining more recognition for interviewing celebrities in a fun and respectf... More

0. Prologue
1. meeting you was just like magic
2. my motive? trying not to have a crush on you
3. no one like you
4. ride or die
5. might be my main (no)thing
5.5. or something (part 1)
5.5. or something (part 2)
5.5.5. or everything (part 1)
5.5.5. or everything (part 2)
6. shut up
7. best behavior
7.5. worst savior
8. only
8.5. 100-99
9. flying
9.5. falling
10. if i love you, is 'us' completely off the table
11. meet you wherever you are
12. three sixty
13. point of view (Ariana's)
14. so good it's nasty
15. the obvious unseen
16. your mind, body, and soul
17. lingua franca
18. positions
Extras #1. meet me in the middle
Extras #2. Point of You

17.5. continuance

1.3K 70 9
By ImagineWriting1

You had done more kissing on that day than in your entire life. And they weren't only those chaste little pecks, but wet, open-mouthed ones that had you seeing stars.

Right now, you were trapped between Ariana's legs as you lay on top of her.

One would think it was easy to get out of that position, but they did not experience Ariana's death grip before. You were pretty sure her nails would rip your bathrobe apart if you attempted to escape.

Your savior came in the form of a notification sound, causing Ariana to loosen her hold on you reluctantly to grab her phone. You move off her, allowing her to sit up. As she checked her phone, you refastened the towel on her head.

"Is it work?" You asked when she stared at her phone for far too long for a simple message.

Ariana looked up at you with a look that could mean anything from 'it's going to rain later to 'I've got some bad news. "No, it's not. I told Scooter specifically not to disturb me this week."

"What is it then?"

"It's my mom, she wants to have dinner with us." You could tell she was trying to gauge your reaction. While you met her before, you knew this time was much more significant. Still, you tried to school your face into neutrality. "Also... Nonna's joining too. She will be cooking."

You didn't have to date Ariana to know her grandmother's importance.

It was purely instinctive to get up and get the house and food ready for their arrival. However, Ariana doesn't share your mission, hellbent on anchoring you to the bed.

"Ari," You managed out before the next word got stolen by her. "Gotta prepare for your family's visit."

"I have people for that."

"I know, but I want to do it. I have to make a good impression."

Ariana's eyes twinkled with soft affection, "They already have."

It shouldn't surprise you, since there was nothing in Ariana's life that her family doesn't know, but it still did. You had never been in this situation before, nor been someone whose partner told their parents about. "So they know everything? That I'm officially your g- the person you're dating?"

Ariana nodded her head. "They're the only ones I told, besides Vic and Court."

Somehow, she had managed to coax you back to the bed, back to her arms. She sat on your legs, as if to stop you from escaping again, before enveloping you in the duvet too.

"Alright, I'll let the professionals handle the preparations." You looked around, spotting clothes strewn across the floor. "But at least let me clean the room up."

"I wouldn't dare to stop you," Ariana agreed.

"We have to change the sheets too." You turned to face her again. "Also, do you have room spray?"

-

You don't think you ever anticipated a doorbell ring more than this one in particular, besides the first time Ariana visited your house.

Ariana let out a quiet giggle when you jumped to your feet - out of surprise more than initiative. She put you out of your anxiety by taking the lead. Like a kid on the first day of school, you practically hide behind Ariana when you follow her to the door.

When the door opened widely, you observed Ariana's mom and grandmother greet each other by kissing each other's cheeks. "Hi mommy, hi Nonna!"

Your heart warmed at their loving interactions, so much so it canceled out your nervousness. "Hi darling! And is that the girlfriend?" You snapped to attention when you realized they were referring to you.

"Yes, that's me." You stepped out from behind her, extending your hand out awkwardly. Nonna disregarded it, going in for a hug.

"Nice to meet you dear."

"Likewise," You relaxed at her gesture, before pulling back. "Let me help you with them."

The woman thanked you when carried the numerous bags of groceries. The three of you trailed behind as Nonna headed to the kitchen like a woman with a mission.

Deciding to divide and conquer, Ariana helped her grandmother with an apron while you took it upon yourself to sort out the ingredients and arrange them on the counter. Joan went to set the table.

"Thank you, sweethearts," Ariana's grandmother said when everything was prepped. She turned to point at you with a knife. "You aren't vegan, are you?"

"No ma'am, but strictly no pork."

"Bless her heart, but thank god Ariana didn't convert you."

"Nonna!"

"What, you know how I feel about meat and cheese. Don't start with the fake kinds."

Pouting, Ariana turned her target towards you. "Are you willing to sacrifice kisses for Nonna's cooking?"

You chuckled fondly. "I'm pretty sure a toothbrush will allow me to have both. I'll even floss twice and use the mouthwash."

"Fine." Ariana accepts easily, and you knew she wasn't serious about her "threat".

"As much as I hate to interrupt, will you two be a dear and make the salad?" Ariana's grandmother broke the silence that had settled.

"Of course." With her instructions, you and Ariana washed and prepped the appropriate vegetables. The salad was created quickly, and you found yourself with another task to do - stirring a pot of marinara sauce. You were so focused, you didn't notice Ariana recording you with her phone, until five minutes later. It's been a while since you felt camera shy. "I'm just stirring sauce."

Ariana smiled at you there was a joke you weren't let in on. "Then why do you look so good doing it?"

"Maybe it's the lighting." You replied when you finally stopped blushing. Changing the subject, you nodded towards the pot. "Want a taste?"

Ariana hummed contemplatively, before nodding. You grabbed a small spoon and dipped it in the sauce. Before giving it to her, you blow on it a little. She thanked you before tasting it. "It's so good. You got to try too."

"Yeah?" You said, reaching for the spoon. However, Ariana placed it back in her mouth for the second time, confusing you, until she placed her lips on yours. You licked your lips subconsciously when she pulled back. "You're right, it's delicious."

"I'm glad you think so." You almost forgot that Ariana's grandmother was in the room too. "Dinner's ready."

The four of you sat around the dining room table, digging into the meal after a quick word of thanks. The food - consisting of two different types of pasta, spiedini, salad, and garlic bread - was probably the best you ever had, sorry Chef. Every bite was flavourful and delectable, and you felt like Remy when he paired cheese and strawberry for the first time. You didn't talk much, content with stuffing yourself and listening to the three generations of women's conversations.

"You have a big appetite." You looked up to see Joan smiling at you.

You swallowed before replying. "When the food is as wonderful as this, it's hard not to."

"Oh, I think you're my new favorite child. Ariana thinks pasta will kill her."

You raised your eyebrows incredulously at the information. "Really?" You turned to Ariana. "But we eat pasta together often. You even cooked them, for me.

"That's because you like them," Ariana admitted, taking a sip of water. "And I started to like them again."

Laughter arose when Ariana's grandmother shouted "Hallelujah!"

As time passed, you noticed Ariana's glass gradually emptied. You slid yours towards her. "You can drink from mine for now, if you want. I'll go refill yours."

"Thank you." She said as she handed you her glass. It was automatic for you to lean in when she tilted her head left, pressing her lips on yours softly. "Come back quick."

"I will." You stood up, turning towards your unintended audience in slight embarrassment. "Excuse me."

You practically power-walked towards the kitchen before letting yourself breathe. Meeting Ariana's family and being publicly affectionate in front of them was daunting, even if Ariana had done everything to assure you that it shouldn't be. After calming yourself down, you returned to your task.

Upon heading back to the dining table with a full glass of water, you overheard Grande's conversation - about you.

"I like this one," The accent was unmistakably Ariana's grandmother's, "She's good for you." Something akin to reassurance settled in you at her vocal approval. "The way you looked at each other reminded me of me and your grandpa."

"Really?" Ariana's voice floated from the room, in soft realization. You could see her with your eyes closed, twirling her hair with a shy smile. A picture of happiness - created by you. "Speaking of which, I'll go check up on her. "

Ariana must have been in a hurry to do so since she collided with you when she rounded the corner of the doorframe.

You wrapped your free arm around her waist instinctively, while steadying the glass of water.

"Oh!" She managed to stop herself from letting out a scream, replacing it with a breathless sort of laughter. "Hi there. Guess you've been here all this while?"

You smiled sheepishly, "I didn't want to interrupt the conversations with your family."

"I know," Ariana said. You caught the small blush staining her cheeks. "So you heard everything?"

"Yeah." You took her hand and gave it a little squeeze, and the two of you walked back into the dining room.

"Refilling water does take a lot of time, doesn't it?" Ariana's grandmother winked. Joan joined in on the teasing, revealing, "You know, Ariana kicked me out just so you two could have the place to yourselves."

Joan laughed at the look on your face, "I'm just kidding dear, I'm more than happy to let you lovebirds have your privacy. Ari was so excited to tell me you were going to stay here with her.

"Mom, stop exposing me!" Ariana whined, hiding her face in her hands.

The rest of dinner continued along the lines of "exposing" Ariana, by recounting of her childhood stories and embarrassing moments. In exchange, you offer funny anecdotes about your life before her.

When the plates were finally polished off and loaded in the dishwasher, Joan and Nonna took their leave for the night. You thanked them for dinner and wished them to have a safe trip.

"So...that went really well," You pointed out the obvious with a smile, "Your family's amazing."

"I told you so." Ariana's voice carried a slight teasing lilt. "They feel the same way about you."

"I'm glad." As naturally as breathing air, you pulled her in gently by her waist. Your lips almost touched hers before you jerked back. Ariana looked at you in worried confusion. "I have to brush my teeth first, remember?"

The huff she let out was a combination of annoyance and amusement. She wrapped her fingers around your wrist, dragging you to the nearest room with a toothbrush.

-

The two of you ended up under the duvet, after a long shower. Since the night was still young, the both of you didn't feel like sleeping just yet. You thought about putting something on her TV, but discarded the idea, not wanting anything to distract or disrupt the peace you had with Ariana. Instead, in a cuddling position, you let your skin and your bones rest against hers, taking comfort in knowing she could carry your weight, and you with hers.

There was a question that you always had in your mind, and it seemed like the perfect time to ask. "Can I ask you something?" You continued when she nodded. "When was the moment you realized you had feelings for me?"

Ariana hummed, blinking in thought. A few seconds passed before she spoke up. "Do you remember what happened on New Year's day?"

How could you forget, when that day held so many firsts with her?

"Of course." You replied. "Was it when we kiss?"

"No, later, when we- you made love to me." You haven't seen Ariana's ears reddened so deeply before till now. "At least that's how it felt like to me."

"Is that why you ghosted me afterwards?" You asked softly. She looked away in guilt, but you held her closer in assurance. You don't blame or harbored any ill feelings for what she did. Sure, you were confused and a little upset at that point in time but she had apologized and you had forgiven her. "Hey, it's okay. You can tell me whatever's on your mind."

Her eyes met yours again, and she breathed in before speaking her mind. "Everything about it was so intense, in a way I've never experienced before. So I wondered whether it was because I did it with a woman, or if it was because of you."

"Did you find an answer?"

"Vic said both, when I asked her about it." Ariana started, but her voice lowered, almost in shyness. "But, deep down, I knew it was all you. So I panicked and put all my focus on making music, hoping that it'll distract me from my feelings."

You nodded in understanding. "So what made you reach out to me again?"

"I reminded myself to keep things lighthearted as intended and just focus purely on the sex," Ariana revealed after a beat.

"But here we are." You quipped.

Ariana brightened with a small smile. "I guess everything worked up in the end." She shifted her body, wrapping her arms tighter around you. "I'm so happy that it did."

You sighed contently into her curls, "I'm so happy too, even if it's been only a month. Cause it feels like..."

"Forever?"

"Yeah, exactly." A big smile formed on your lips. "But like, there's still so many things I want to do with you. Like going on trips and vacations, having little dates, spending time with your family, just... doing things together, you know?"

The air quieted for a moment, so you repositioned backwards a little to read her face. Her eyes were searching when they met yours, like they held all the answers.

"Why don't we move in together?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 2.2K 27
then you come through like the sweetener you are to bring the bitter taste to a halt... Ariana x Female reader
366K 8.1K 20
Ariana Grande, a world wide sensation. Famous for producing hundreds of Pop hits. Most people describe her as an incredible work force with a loving...
4K 130 24
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕, 𝑨𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒂" Y/N has always been a huge fan of...
11.7K 463 37
On the streets since she was only seven years old, Jayce Garcia was forced to turn to gang violence in order to survive. It was only when she was cau...