Ishq Mein Adhoora Sa - A Shiv...

By LunchbirdS

A sacred bond of togetherness, compassion and love. Completed with the symbols of their love. Likin kaha jata... More

Prologue
Characters
1.
2. 1
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

2. 2

472 52 129
By LunchbirdS

Haan main galat
Galat meri baatein
Galati se hi duniya bani

Shivaay and Shivani looked up from their pans and bowl when they heard the music. Rishi peeked from the kitchen door and entered with his iPad, which was the source of music. He stood at a safe distance from the counters and began dancing. Watching hum Shivani began to groove as well while Shivaay chose to focus on the food.  

Poora sahi koi nahin hai
Le le meri chetaavani

As the pre-chorus approached, Shivani could no longer hold back and hopped over to the other side of the counter to dance with Rishi. The music also attracted Rubina, Ansh and Raahil. 

O ho ho.. Dil mein aaye
O ho ho.. Aaj ho jaaye

"Hook step! Hook step! We have to do the hook step." Rubina urged and immediately set her phone up to record them.

O ho ho.. Dil mein aaye
O ho ho.. Aaj ho jaaye

RuRiShivi got into formation to do the hook while Raahil and Ansh danced along to the music but out of the video. 

Aa stage laga hai badi jagah hai
Do it with a twist...

As the kids danced to the chorus, it finally clicked to Shivaay.

"When and why did they remake Twist?! What is wrong with the music industry?!" Shivaay exclaimed and was almost horrified. 

"Remake? This is not an original?" Shivani asked.

"No! The original is Twist from Love Aaj Kal." Shivaay revealed.

"But yeh gaana bhi toh Love Aaj Kal ka hain." Ansh argued.

"Love Aaj Kal is also a remake of the original. I think 2009." Raahil added. 

"So Twist was... twisted?" Rubina joked, only to receive a glare from RaaShi.

"Shut up Rubi."

"Language! And you kids need a lesson on music history." Shivaay took Rishi's iPad and played the original Twist. 

Run the track run the track
Run the track no matter let'em say
Run the track man run the track
Run the track no matter let's spark 
(A/N: Please tell me I wasn't the only one singing "Run the chalk" all this time 😳)

As the music started playing, Shivaay began grooving to the song, only slightly enough for RaaShi to notice and exchange a pleasantly surprised look. Rubina, expecting a beat change, began to dance but sheepishly dusted her clothes when the music ran longer than expected.

"Purane gaane mein music is so long." Rubina complained.

"Music lamba nahi hain, tum bacchon ka attention span kam ho gaya hain." Came Shivaay's savage reply.

Let's have some ranouk shaunak
Let's have some party now
Let's have some roula rappa

Once the lyrics started playing, RaaShi remembered the song playing on the car radio and sometimes on TV while RuRiAnsh were fascinated by the newly discovered old song. 

Chalo chalo ji lak lachka lo
Chalo chalo ji mauj mana lo
Chalo chalo ji nach lo gaa lo
Pakad kisi ki wrist

Shivaay was already dancing along to the song and when the pre-chorus began, Shivani (literally) grabbed his wrist and brought him where the KiddOs were dancing. 

And we twist
We twist, we twist, we twist
And we twist
We twist, we twist, we twist

Shivaay and RaaShi danced to the chorus while Rishi tried to quickly learn the steps. Rubina and Ansh could only gawk at Shivaay perfectly dancing to a song that was older than them. 

"Oh my Mata! Dance-shance chal raha hain kitchens mein?" 

As Shakti and Pinky entered the kitchen, Shivaay straightened up and went back to putting the food in serving dishes while Rishi paused the songs. Shivani immediately touched Pinky's feet, who lightly grazed her hair and then Shakti's, who said his blessings and hugged her.

"Kaisi ho bacche? Dopeher tumse mil hi nahi paaya kyoonki dawayiyaan lene ka waqt ho gaya tha." 

"Main achhi ho Dadaji. Aap kaise hain?"

"Bahot khush, is ghar ki raunak jo waapis aa gayi." Shakti responded. 

"Dad, mom, kids; jao, have a seat at the table. Shivi, Raahil, help me with the dishes." Shivaay asked and all of them immediately complied. 

Rest of the family began assembling at the table as Shivaay, Raahil and Shivai brought the dishes out and the staff laid out the tableware. After keeping the pan down, Shivani patted her pocket and furrowed her eyebrows on finding it empty. 

"Mere phone..." Shivani mumbled but Shivaay heard her. 

"Kya hua?" 

"Mera phone shaayad kitchen mein reh gaya." Shivani said and went inside to look for it, but couldn't find it. 

"Should I call on your phone?" Shivaay came inside and suggested, to which Shivani nodded.

Shivaay called her phone and rang, but was muffled. They looked around until they realised the phone was ring from... inside the refrigerator. Shivani immediately retrieved it and although it was cold, was working fine. 

"Cream rakhte hue shaayad... phone bhi galti se fridge mein rakh diya." Shivani sheepishly said, looking towards the wall because she couldn't meet Shivaay's judgement-filled eyes.

"That's why I say tum apni maa pe gayi ho. Tum phone fridge mein band kar deti ho aur woh khud ko!" 

"Hey! But it still works and is still in one piece!" 

"Now come on, let's go eat or the food will get cold." Shivaay ordered and marched out (he couldn't let her know he didn't have a comeback for her comment).

At the table, everyone was singing praises about the delicious meal. 

"Bhaiya, khaana kya tasty bana hain, muah!" Rudra blew a kiss.

"Aap toh diet par the na?" Bhavya remarked.

"Kal 20 push-ups extra kar loonga, aaj yeh rare delicacy enjoy karne do." Rudra commented and went back to eating.

"I hear Shivaay had help from a very sweet sous-chef today?" Tej spoke in a soft voice, that almost made Om choke. Still had to get used to this rarely seen side of Mr Oberoi. 

"Phir bhi tasty bana hain khaana hain." Ansh commented, only to receive a glare from Shivani and light smack on the head by Raahil.

"Khaane ke baad, tum sab bacche jaldi so jaana. Kal second semester ka pehla din hain." Gauri instructed.

"Uh! Why did mini-vacation end so quickly?" Shivani complained and kept her head on the table. 

"Bright side, 8 hours away from these three." Raahil pointed out and high-fived Shivani. 

"Raahil bhaiya, aap humein bilkul nahi pyaar karte?" Rubina puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms.

"Raahil, kaahe paresaan kar rahe ho inhe?" 

""Kabhi kabhi toh mujhe lagta hain Shivani aur main bhai-behen nahi, in bandaron ki toli ke parents hain." Raahil commented.

"Papa, bhaiya mujhe bandar bol rahe hain!" Rubina complained.

"Rubi, main aisa thodi keh sakta hoon. Main tum teeno ko bandar bol raha hoon." Raahil added while Shivani suppressed a chuckle.

"Papa!" RuRiAnsh whined while their fathers could only shake their heads.

Shivaay's phone rang and he received it. 

"Hello! Meri yaad kaise aayi? ... Seriously? ....... That's great, congratulations!" Shivaay spoke cheerfully.

"Papa, no phones on table." Ansh reminded and Shivaay requested for one minute.

"Yes, what about about school? ...... Oh my God! It's like history repeating itself. Hey, come over for dinner ...not weekend, Thursday? ... alright, congratulations and best of luck." 

Shivaay cut the call and kept the phone down. Realising all eyes were on him, he addressed them. 

"Farhaan ka phone tha."

"Farhaan, tera childhood friend?" Om 

"Yes. Uska promotion ho gaya hain to Country Head, India. Toh woh apni poori family ke saath Mumbai shift ho raha hain. Shivani, Raahil; you remember Faizan, right?" 

"Yes."

"Uska admission bhi St Paul's mein ho gaya hain and he'll be in your class."

"Seriously? But Faizan toh humse ek class aage tha na?" Shivani asked.

"Yes, but schooling system different hone ki wajah se he'll have to retake to 9th ke finals." Shivaay explained.

"Oh, poor him! I'd rather die than study Euclid's Geometry twice." Shivani exclaimed.

"Ah!" 

The shriek emitted by Ansh drew everyone's attention. Shivaay and Shivani immediately rushed to Ansh's side, who was clutching his mouth. 

"Ansh, Ansh, buddy it's okay, move your hand, I got you." Shivaay encouraged and gently brought Ansh's hand down. Gasps erupted in the room seeing Ansh's lip bleeding.

Though worried himself, Shivaay kept a calm composure. "It's okay, it's just a small lip bite. Rudy pass me the tissues."  Kids tended to get injured but since Ansh's medications caused blood to not clot easily, bleeds had controlled fast.

Rudra passed the tissues and Shivaay dabbed it on Ansh's lip, but the sting caused him to scream. "Mumma!" 

That made Shivaay's heart hurt but he continued to dab and hold pressure on the cut. "It's okay, it's gonna be alright. Shivani, will you get the Smyle gel from the fridge? It's with eyedrops, next to the egg tray." Shivaay instructed and Shivani went to retrieve it. She returned with the gel and ice cubes. She wrapped an ice cube in a tissue and knelt beside Ansh.

"Ansh, hold this to your lip." She took over from Shivaay and held tye ice cube on the cut. Shivaay was looking at her quizzically so she explained, "Ice helps with cuts-"

"Because it contracts blood vessels and stops bleeding and inflammation, that's right." Shivaay spoke then turned towards the family. "Aap log please khaana khaa lijiye.

Although still slightly worried, the family members resumed eating. Shivani reminded Ansh to eat slowly while Shivaay applied the gel to his lip.

"That should feel better by morning." Shivaay assured. 

After dinner, the kids went up to their rooms. RiKara and RuVya also went upstairs. Shivaay went to his room and changed into his nightwear. When he came out of the bathroom, Pinky had come in, Shkati trailing behind. 

"Shivaay, meri baat sun."

"Kya hua mom?" Shivaay asked while looking towards his dressing table. 

"Jo aaj hua woh nahi hona chahiye tha."

Shivaay furrowed his eyebrows but somewhat knew where that discussion was going.

"Mikki se mil toh le ek baar. Achhe ghar ki hain, padhi-likhi hain-"

"Mom not again!" Shivaay groaned. 

"Kya dikkat kya hain?" Pinky asked heatedly.

"For starters, Mikki is half my age! You expect me to make her a stepmom of two kids? And secondly, I am neither interested nor going to get married. So please let it go!" Shivaay snarled then frustratedly ran his fingers through his hair.

"Pinky..."

"Ek minute Shaktiji, mujhe mere bete se baat karni hain." Pinky said sharply. "Tujhe intraests nahi hain, theek hain. Apne bacchon ke baare mein toh soch. Maa ki zaroorat hain unhe."

"Aur unki maa hain!"

"IS GHAR mein toh nahi hain na! Aaj Ansh ko chot lagi toh usi maa ki zaroorat thi."

"Main hoon na uske liye, mere dono bacchon ke liye. "

"Tu unka baap hain likin unhe maa ki bhi zaroorat hain. Is ghar mein unhe ek maa zaroorat hain."

"Aisa kaha unhone?" Shivaay asked, to which Pinky had no reply for.

"Kya Shivani ya Ansh kaha ki unhe is ghar mein apni maa ki kami mehsoos hoti hain? Nahi, because agar aisa hota toh seedha mujhe batate kyoonki mere bacche apni problems actually mujhse share kar sakte hain." Shivaay snapped.

"Oh my Mata, tu kehna kya chahta hain?" Pinky snapped back.

"Kuch nahi. And this discussion is over." Shivaay asserted and marched out of the room and into the kitchen. He grabbed the ingredients needed to prepare breakfast and began working, although very harshly. 

Om came into the kitchen and saw Shivaay cooking. Or whatever whipping cream by hand with superhuman speed was called. He carefully approached him.

"Shivaay..." 

"Hm?"

"Butter..."

Shivaay stopped whisking and looked towards Om with confusion.

Om raised his eyebrows and pointed towards the mixing bowl. "Cream ka butter ban chuka hain." 

Upon realising the blunder he committed, Shivaay sighed frustratedly and was about to trash it but Om stopped him.

"Arey! Butter is useful, phaink mat." 

"Right, it's also unsalted toh kisi recipe mein bhi use kar sakte hain." Shivaay noted and transferred the contents into a jar. 

"Shivaay, tu theek hain na?" Om leaned towards the counter, trying to meet Shivaay's eye. 

"Of course main theek hoon." Shivaay avoided Om's gaze and kept the jar in the refrigerator. When he turned around he was face to face with Om.

"Teri aur Chhoti maa ki baat suni." 

Shivaay drew a sharp breath then stepped aside and surpassed Om, now grabbing fruits to chop instead. 

"Unhe sirf teri chinta hain." Om justified.

"Right." scoffed Shivaay. "I'll go check on Ansh and Shivani." 

"Ansh Rishi ke room mein so raha hain. Dono Buzz Lightyear movie dekhte-dekhte so gaye." Om informed.

"Shivani used to say "faltu mein Ansh ko apna room diya hain, rehta toh woh wahaan kabhi nahi hain". I'm beginning to believe she's right." Shivaay chuckled, but Om could understand the dryness of it. 

"Shivaay, tujhe pata hain na tu humse baat kar sakta hain? Kuch bhi ho, hum tere saath hain." Om assured. 

"Kuch baat hain hi nahi Om. I'm fine." Shivaay insisted while preparing smoothie ingredients as per the kids' preference. He kept the bowls of prepared ingredients in the refrigerator.

"I'll go check on Shivi." He informed and left. 

Om sighed deeply. Shivaay was great at concealing things and if one didn't pay close attention, they'd completely miss it. But it wasn't hidden from Om. He knew that the multimillionaire shrewd businessman covered the ghost of a curious and scientifically inquisitive child robbed of childhood and dreams. The rehearsed courtesies and practised smiles guarded the emotions locked deep within his heart. Out of the three brothers, Shivaay was the most caring, indulgent and had the biggest heart, doting on all five children. But underneath the affectionate and selfless father was buried an injured soul who closed the doors of warmth and love for everyone else. Even the ones he once held dearer than life. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 2.3K 44
Annika Vardhan Trivedi and Shivaay Singh Oberoi find themselves engaged in a marriage of convenience orchestrated by their families at a very tender...
71.3K 7.4K 30
Every successful and happy married life will definitely have a huge base called friendship. Everyone who's reading this right now will relate to it...
267K 24.2K 36
-COMPLETED- * "Fhat the wuck" Shivaay shouted. "What the hell" Anika shouted. "Anika and me?" Shivaay asked shocked. "Shivaay bhaiyya and me?" Anik...
35.4K 2.9K 24
it's a story about shivika...❤their first meet was with an accident & annika lost her memory. then friends to lovers. They didn't confess their f...