Till the end of time

NovaWwritesss tarafından

Linnea Johnson and Warren Reid have had a bond like no other since childhood till all of that is threatened w... Daha Fazla

*character aesthetics*
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
*A/N*

28

1.5K 32 40
NovaWwritesss tarafından

Linnea can light up any room as we all know.

The second she walks in everyone's mood lightens up.

That's how I felt when she walked into my garage at around 8 pm which was 3 hours ago.

She's sitting on a black crate just in front of us with Naomi and Maeve beside her.

Just like when we were kids.

She's pretty.

I will never get over how pretty she is.

I make sure not to falter on the lyrics I'm singing while Dayton bangs on the drums and Tyler plays the guitar.

There are arrays of flashing colorful lights throughout the garage with fairy lights hung up along the top of the wall connecting to the ceiling.

Linnea's idea.

I love her.

I know its too early but I think I've loved her ever since we were young.

I know it's going to be messy and hard but that's inevitable in relationships.

That's how you grow and learn.

The messy and the hard parts.

I believe in us though, although we haven't even started our relationship journey I know it's going to happen soon.

I know we were bound to fall for one another.

Ever since we were kids.

And I know that for a fact now, as I remember all the times as a kid she sat just like this in front of me while I sang songs which were all dedicated to her but she just didn't know it.

All the times we stared into each other's eyes. While I meant every word I sang to her.

I meant all of it. Every. Single. Word.

I think she knows I love her, I hope. I don't expect her to love me right now, that would be crazy but a guy can dream.

She's everything to me.

She really was my light in all the dark, corny I know.

Even when we weren't speaking to one another.

When I was stuck in that dark horrible hole just the thought of her kept me going.

I've loved her all along.

And I am willing to do whatever it takes to prove to her that I am worthy of her.

Of her kindness.

Her heart.

As we finish the song the girls stand up and clap like it was the best performance they've ever seen.

Linnea walks over to me and wraps her arms around my neck. I lean my head down and whisper in her ear. "I've got something to show you, meet me out back in 5?"

She looks up at me with a cute confused look.

She slowly takes her arms back and smiles with her head dropped down walking over to Naomi. I look at Tyler and Dayton who give me thumbs up with huge grins plastered on their faces.

Here goes nothing I guess.

I walk as fast as my legs will bring me to the bathroom and check the mirror. I ruffle my hair a bit to make sure it looks okay.

I think it looks fine.

Hopefully.

"Okay, Warren don't mess this up bud" Dayton and Tyler appear behind me.

"We believe in you." They both give me enthusiastic thumbs-up once again.

"What if this is all absurd and she doesn't even like me like that?" What if all I am to her is a friend?

Oh god.

This is a bad idea.

"Hey, hey, hey. No. You know you guys are so much more than that. You guys were never meant to be "just friends." He puts up air quotations.

I nod doing my handshake with Dayton then my handshake with Tyler before walking out.

I wave bye to Tyler and wait for Dayton to leave but he doesn't.

"Listen Warren. Just be yourself okay? You have to believe in yourself. And hey if it all goes to shit, we can go hit up the local Sonic and stay there till we grow old."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Don't fuck it up now." He points at me walking backwards before turning around and heading out the door.

I take a few deep breaths.

You are enough.

You may not be perfect but you're enough.

I remind myself.

I look out the window quickly to make sure it's all good to go. I set up a few things in the backyard.

Thankfully the snow has melted and the lovely spring weather is creeping its way in.

Fairly lights that I know she loves so much drape from practically every tree in the yard. The trail is lit with smaller lights guiding the way to the center of the yard next to the pool.

The lights light up the dark night. There's a small table with flowers and a speaker.

I make my way through the path walking beneath the wooden arch covered with vines.

Flowers, check. Snacks, check. Sonic, check. Slushies, check.

I hear the glass door open and close.

"Warren? What is all this? It's beautiful." She says in awe looking around the yard that Tyler, Dayton, and I spent all day decorating.

"Do you want to dance?" I hold out my hand for her while she nods and takes it. I press play on my phone quickly before tossing it on the patio chair. "XO" By Beyonce starts to play.

Her face lights up at the sound. This has always been her favorite song.

I hold my hand up and she slowly spins around. We hold our hands together and dance like never before. We probably look crazy right now but I could care less. I hold my arm out once more and she spins into me as I dip her down looking into her eyes. Pretty.

I spin her out cinnamon roll style and she spins around on her own with her head thrown back looking up at the fairy lights and the night sky.

I stare at her. I don't care if she notices, heck I want her to notice.

The chorus picks up once more and we dance like nobody's watching once again without a care in the world.

The song comes to an end and she begins to laugh while giving me a hug.

I hug her back, holding her close.

"You're amazing Warren, you know that?"

If only she knew how perfect she is in my eyes. I laugh a little pushing a piece of fallen hair behind her ear.

I turn away, walking over to the table and grabbing the bouquet of roses. I take a deep breath. You got this.

I face Linnea and hold out the flowers to her. She looks surprised. I notice her eyes light up a little.

"Aww, thank you Reid. You are such a sweetheart." She takes the flowers from my hand softly.

"Of course." I smile trying to calm my nerves. Holy shit I can't do this.

"Warren what's all this about?" She pokes my chest giggling a little.

"You're my best friend, does that sound about right?" I sit down onto the lawn chair looking down at the ground. I don't know if I can do this.

"That's right Warren, unless you've gotten some random other best friend that I don't know about" She says in a humorous tone.

"I would do anything for you, you know that?" I look up.

"Yes? So would I. What's going on, are you okay?" She places her hand on my forehead as if she is checking for a fever. Classic Linnea.

"And you also know I would never want to do anything to jeopardize our friendship on purpose." She nods.

"So with that. I hope with everything in me that this doesn't ruin us." I stand up, turning to her.

"I'm not going to beat around the bush and waste both of our time. I love you. I'm pretty sure I have for years."

"I can't even picture myself with anyone else. You're it for me. You, Linnea, are everything. You bring so much light into my life. More than you could ever know. You make me a better person just being around you. I like the way I feel when I'm with you. I like the person I am when I'm with you. I wanna be with you. Even if it's hard and messy. I want it all. As long as it's with you."

She stands up.

"You don't have to say anything back just know I'm utterly in love with you and finally got my feelings together enough to realize it."

"Warren, I-"

"Warren!" Damnit. Some random guy opens the sliding door. Who the fuck?

"Where's the beer!" Beer? Dayton appears behind him yanking the guy from the door and slamming the back door shut.

Did a surprise party just show up at the house? Yeah no we have school in the morning that can't happen.

"Shit!" Linnea curses in frustration.

"What's wrong?"

"Maeve is calling me and says it's an emergency, look I have to go. I'm so sorry, talk later?" She runs her hands through her hair.

"Uh-yeah, of course, talk to you later." Damnit. She walks toward me going on her tippy toes kissing me on the cheek before running back into the house looking back at me once more.

Why can't things go my way just once? All I ask really. I plop down onto the chair thinking about all of the ways she could reject me when I see her at school tomorrow.
.....

Predictions? 🤔🤔

LMK ANY THOUGHTS OR THINGS YOUD LIKE TO SEE FOR OUR LOVELY CHARACTER

YOU ARE STRONG AND AMAZING DONT FORGET BYE LOVE YOUU

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

8.6K 337 34
---- Caroline Morgan/ Lin Morgan, a girl who seems very ordinary but also has her own problems. Her older sister Scarlett Morgan helps her through th...
332K 11.8K 46
"And it took me a while to realize it, but everything I've had to go through in this life, all the pain and sadness I've had to bear . . . well, its...
1.3K 417 50
Some people wait their whole lives to find the perfect friend. But not Isabella Washington. She knew she'd be best friends with Aiden Cunningham the...
12K 282 11
When Taylor Burke met Bucky Barnes during their sophomore year. He basically kept their tutoring arrangement a secret he was less than thrilled about...