Lost in the Fog

By The_Nocturnal_Raven

A broken, powerless soul is lost to an unnatural fog. A cycle of pain and torment allows him to eventually be... More

A Fracture of Pain
New Struggles and Saviours
Respite From the Dark
A Chill Wind Over the Night
Death is Not An Escape
Frenzied Thoughts
Darkness Among Us
The Path Less Travelled
Tormented Without Choice
Reinforced Resolve
Cursed with New Power
Condemnation
Cursed with Empathy
A Glimpse of the Other Side
Escalation
The Doctor is IN
Misplaced Trust
The Mentor's End
The Twisted Masquerade
The Twisted Masquerade Continues
A New Path Ahead
What it is That Came Before
Trickster's Paradise
The Alchemist's Workshop
The Spider's Nest
A Glimmer of Hope
The Gamble
Not so Smooth Sailing...
"What happened to you?"
Projected Impacts
A Date of Importance
Beginning of Resistance
First Day
Home Away From Home
Finally Catching Teachers up to Speed
How Tragedy Bleeds Reality
Capture a Lullaby
Izuku's Report
Burnin' Questions
The New Glyph
Flight of the Fugitive
Rest
Jailbreak
Interruption
Looming Darkness
An Average Saturday
Stalkers in the Shadows
Lost and Found
Sports & Slaughter
Aftermath
Test of Intention
The Truth
Three Lost Kids
Why am I here?
Brought to the Light
An Edge for Victory
Forged by Fog
Preparations
Punching the Pack
Missing the Little Things...
War on the Horizon
From the Fog
War of the Fog
Final Embers of Hope
THE Decisive Strike
Humanity's Resilience
Entity's Aftermath
Birth of An Imperium

The Impact of Choice

395 12 4
By The_Nocturnal_Raven

Sadako walked through the realm. She felt eyes constantly on her. They most definitely were, as crows watched from trees nearby, until she arrived at the newest realm: The Shattered Square. A burnt and decrepit battlefield, filled with the ruins of European midieval homes and buildings, with one main inn still standing. Entering the building, she found the basement stairs and walked down, heading deep within the ground, to a structure known to any who have been in the realms for any lengths of time. The Basement, with its lockers, angry glows between the wall boards, and the quintessential four, unbreakable hooks. She ignored that and walked to the back of the room. The wall opened reflexively, as the entity subconsciously recognized that Sadako wanted entry to the Mineshaft, and it obliged.

Her feet pattering against the solid rock as she strode, deliberately, confidently... but with her usual gait. In order to show that nothing was out of the ordinary. After all, she was still a hyperlethal killer, by fog standards, and she had to show that she still was.

She could see the furnace, and all of the remaining killers, the ones still here. They turned to watch her, since her last visit was rather... eventful. Glancing around, she found that the only killer not there was the Ghostface. Which was perfect. She didn't need the Entity's favorite here to hear this. Approaching the furnace at the center, she turned to everyone, and started to speak. "You may have heard things. Unusual, but true."

The other killers were surprised that she even spoke in the first place. Only a few knew that she did, and those only thought she spoke Japanese. Continuing to speak, she looked over every killer. "The entity is coming close to consuming another world. You maybe drawn into the conflict... but... Izuku Midoriya has a plan, and the power to fight back. Will you still serve, or will you choose your freedom from a painful existence? I have chosen my side. It will soon be time for you to choose yours."

Rin Yamaoka asked, curious. "And your side is this world's?"

"I will stand with Izuku."

Rin's eyes widened, as both of the Japanese killers knew the implications of calling someone by their first name... and now knew that she would not budge from this position. "Then let us all... think about it."

Sadako understood, and started to leave. "I wouldn't tell you to do anything until the time comes. Only I have a way to leave the realm, but soon, you all will. And then it will be your choice."

The Onryo demanifested and then traveled to another TV. Leaving the Mineshaft for the last time.

Enjiro Kirishima strode away from the train station. The last train to Ako had just let him off, and it was unlikely another would come back. At least until the Crucifiction killers had been taken care of. The cruelty that had been seen, from news helicopters, brought most people to fear them. Call the town lost and leave it alone. But Kirishima was not one of them. These were thugs. Supernaturally empowered thugs, but thugs alone. He could hear a scream in the distance, and started to walk through the town to get to the source... before accidentally bumping into a man. He wasn't one of them, but clearly running from them. He had grey hair, wore a leather jacket with a faded red shirt underneath, and worn jeans. He looked up at Kirisihima with fear, before realizing that he wasn't a part of the group of killers, starting to speak, "Grazie al cielo, si può ragionare?"

Confused, the redhead asked the man, "Um... sorry, I don't know what you just said..."
However, the man seemed to recognize his dialect, and immediately apologized in that foreign language. "Mi scuso, sei giapponese..." He then cleared his throat, before speaking in an accented, but near perfect Japanese dialect. Albeit a little outdated, "Greetings. Can you be reasoned with, unlike Tarhos?"
Kirishima nodded, before asking, "Is Tarhos one of the Crucifiction killers?"
"Is that how they are known here? A fitting title... he is their leader. One I know well enough."

The redhead sighed with relief. Perhaps he could learn a bit about their abilities before engaging them. "So... um... sorry, I don't know your name. I'm Kirishima Enjiro."
He placed a hand over his chest, where his heart would be. "Vittorio Tuscano."

Turning to take a look around, he asked, "So, Tuscano, is there anything you can tell me about them to give me an edge?"
His eyes widened, before narrowing with some version of disgust. Not at the man, but what he was proposing. "You're... going to fight them?"
"Well, someone has to stop them. And they don't seem like the type to listen to anyone."

Vittorio looked at him with mild disdain. "So you would descend to their level?"

It was then that he figured out the guy's problem. He was a fanatical pacifist. "At this point, our world is on the verge of being taken by the Entity. So fighting is the only thing we can do. My friend, Izuku Midoriya has a plan and the ability to drive it away, but needs people like me to defend him until he can."

The man looked unconvinced, then sighed in resignation. He whispered to himself, "Anche quando la società avanza, la violenza rimane?" Before looking back into his eyes. "Very well, I shall tell you everything I know about him."

Sadako was not yet done in the Entity's realm. She had one more stop to make, and this would be the riskiest of all. Killers couldn't approach the campfire. Not because the campfire was too bright... but the light cast by that fire actually hurt, burnt the killers away. It was designed to be the one place she shouldn't go. But, she had to try. And her best chance was to stay demanifested, and hope that the light couldn't effect her when she was incorporeal. Taking a deep breath, she stepped out of the trees. Survivors were huddled around the campfire, some she didn't recognize, many she did. Laurie, Elodie and Felix were still here, and looking into the flames, thinking of something, or perhaps someone. However, her presence was noticed immediately by one of the new survivors, who pointed and started screaming. The others turned to see her there, and immediately started to get ready to run, when she shouted one sentence: "I AM NOT HERE TO HURT YOU THIS TIME!"

That got everyone to stop moving, and turn back. Laurie and Elodie, followed a few steps behind by Felix, approached the Onryo. The blonde asked, "Is it time?"

"The Entity is preparing to take Izuku's world. He has the power to stop it, and a plan to put it down. It is your chance to be free. Nancy Wheeler, Steve Harrington, Jonathan Byers all are helping Izuku to mobilize and train defenses. There is less than a month left. Start looking for alternate ways out of the trials. The barrier between the Entity and reality is weakened. Mostly by your efforts with the dark rift energy not too long ago... but I should think the choice is obvious. All I can say now is: prepare yourselves. I will never be returning to the realm. It knows that I am now its enemy, and cannot stay. Best of luck to you all... and see you in the real world." She then teleported away, starting to feel the campfire burn her skin. Arriving back at the room Nezu rented, she found that the four of them had already left, and in a hurry. The only question on her mind was: Why?

Kirishima nodded as Vittorio Tuscano finished his story. "So, This... Tarhos is the opposite of you, and revels in violence."
He nodded, hoping that the redhead would change his mind. "Yes."

Considering he was from the mediaeval era, the tough augmented human had to beg the question: "I'm surprised you, of all people, are still a pacifist."

The man understood, and gave a simple answer: "I will not sacrifice my intellectual integrity just because others use brute force to get what they want."
Kirishima shook his head, in disbelief. He liked to believe the best in everyone, but Vittorio, in his arrogance, hubris, or naivety, refused to accept that sometimes one must defend himself, or defend his home. They are way past the time for a peaceful resolution, especially when the Entity will not let them go. He'd seen what it did to people. What it did to Bakugo. The boy wouldn't let anyone else get hurt by it. "We may disagree on that, but I have a duty to perform. I have to stop him before he hurts anyone else."

Resigned, he would at least assist him in his way. But Vittorio was clear that he would not fight. "Very well. I can lead you to him, but I will not assist in the combat."
Principles be damned, he was at least content to see that he would help at all. "I know. If I go down, try to make your way to Mustafu. UA is where Midoriya is."

He formed his next words carefully, diplomatically. He seemed to want to think that because he wasn't directing the violence, that he was not involved with it. "Thank you for the advice, Kirishima. You seem a better person than others who resort to violence."
It was as close as the man would get to a compliment for barbaric, violent people. "They've killed 13 people since arriving three days ago and forced a town to evacuate. I'm surprised the military hasn't done anything yet." Kirishima noted.

Vittorio didn't respond to that, but watched as the giant redhead walked forward, towards the center of town.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 191 7
"I am falling, to my death. This world doesn't need a welp like me..." Izuku learned young how cruel the world can get. In most of the quirked world...
99.4K 2.7K 38
Izuku dies during one of his suicide attempts, but there is an afterlife. Now Izuku roams among the living as a ghost. One day while following bakugo...
113K 4.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had everything a little boy can ask for in life until a tragic event changed everything. He lost his mother, his father, his home and...
610K 21K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...