Leaving For a Family

By princess101855

Harry has had enough. Finally cracking when his name comes from the Goblet, he runs to the States to an old f... More

Decision
Making Arrangments and Shopping
Meeting the Team and the New Case
Babysitting and Explosions
Getting a Baby Settled and Stalemate
Small Break, News and Bigger Case
Meeting and Headaches
Meeting the Team, News and a Discovery

Plan in Action

10.5K 263 18
By princess101855

"talk" bond (or "talk" in flashback)

Harry felt the free fall and would've enjoyed the wind passing through him if he wasn't being screamed at. He put his fingers in his mouth and whistled. Hedwig came souring though the sky at him. Her wing tips glowed as they started catching on fire. Harry put a hand up to touch her and they both disappeared in a ball of flame.

The professors were shocked to the core. They just saw Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, commit suicide. Running to the edge, they heard a small whistle and saw a bird come flying towards Harry and his hand reached out and disappear in a ball of flames.

They both ran back down the Astronomy Tower into the Great Hall where everyone was still sitting. They only left twenty minutes ago. Was it really that long? Snape burst through the door while Professor McGonagall walked at a slower pace. She looked at the students faces. Some were looking at her while others started looking at Snape whispering in Dumbledore's ear, while the rest were staring at the door seeing if Harry was going to walk through. Dumbledore turned white when Snape handed him the letter.

The Slytherin's were wondering what was going on right now. They knew that their Head of House never got along with the headmaster and was now having a whispered conversation. Dumbledore stood up and the hall went quiet. He took a breath trying to get his emotions under control.

"This evening, one of our numbers are gone," whispering broke out while the Weasley's and Hermione looked unaffected.

"Harry Potter is not dead-" a few groans were heard from Slytherin, "but has left a letter he dropped. As it addressing the student body I shall read it.

Hello Headmaster, professors, students, 'friends',

If you haven't already guessed, I'm gone. Not dead but has probably left and I have no intentions of coming back either so don't even bother. Now, you're probably wondering why I left. Am I not the Boy-who-lived? The one who saved all your miserable hides? Or as I personally like calling myself The Boy-who-acts-like-everyones-scapegoat-while-everyone-sits-on-their-ass-and-does-nothing-all-day. Think I'm being a bit harsh? I think not. I'll tell you a little story about why.

You see, there was a boy, who was loved by his parents, godfather and his father's friends. Now, one day, they went into hiding for some reason. They preformed the fidelius charm that needs a secret keeper. Now, the godfather and father were brothers in all but blood but, they thought it was the perfect plan. Too perfect. You see ladies and gentlemen, that person would only make sense to be the secret keeper so the godfather switched with a friend who they thought no one would suspect. It was perfect. If only the secret keeper wasn't a spy. He had been spying for Voldemort-"

There were loud gasps and screams of shock.

"Once you people stop freaking out on a fake name, anyway, he betrayed their secret. Voldemort went after the father first, trying to give the mother time to run with the child but there were wards around the house preventing the escape. Voldemort killed off the father first then went after the mother. She barricaded the nursery while trying to calm the baby down. Voldemort then blasted open the door and turned his wand on the mother, giving her a chance to live. She never took the offer. Instead, she pleaded to not kill her child so he killed her. He finally turned to the child and said the unforgivable 'Avada Kedava.' The spell reflected because of the sacrifice the mother made to protect her child and destroyed his body. The child was now crying for his mother when his godfather found him and got him out of the burning house. Then a half giant came to take him to his last living relatives. The godfather persisted to take the child but the half giant would have none. So he settled for the next best thing; Revenge and to bring in the traitor. The half giant took him to the Aunt's house where the headmaster was and put him on the door step in the middle of the night, disappearing for the next ten years.

Sound familiar? It should be, seeing as it's my story. The only thing the 'official ministry', got wrong was that instead of my godfather being the secret keeper, it was that rat Peter Pettigrew who betrayed my parents and no, he's not dead.

Why am I telling you all this? I want you to actually think for once in your life. Not what daddy tells you, or agreeing to whatever the rumour mill says or the newspaper. If you all think Sirius is guilty, then look for the trial records from that November. Or, ask my 'friends.' Although, they probably don't give a damn now what happens. So, on with the story.

You all think I was raised arrogant, spoiled, having the relatives serving me on a bent knee. If you were talking about my whale of a cousin, then you're right. I got the complete opposite treatment. The so-called 'Gryffindor Golden Boy' lived in a cupboard under the stairs for ten years. Hell, that's where my first Hogwarts letter was addressed to!

The Golden boy, for every little thing that goes wrong, gets beaten.

The Boy-who-was-raised-like-a-prince, was sometimes not given food for days on end for doing better then my cousin at school.

Harry Potter, treated worse then a house elf.

I didn't think magic existed until I was eleven. I thought this world would be better then the non-magical. I won't say muggle. But no, between the wizarding and mundane, I choose the mundane world because I would be another faceless person who has people caring about then. Not being hailed as a bloody hero who is a celebrity for something I DON'T REMEMBER.

If anything, it's my parents and everyone else who tried to stop Voldemort the first time around who are the hero's. Not me. So, do you still think I can't get enough of my fame? Or 'doesn't he have enough attention already?' You bloody sheep! Some of you have known me for the past four years and yet you turn your back on me because you would be declared 'the enemy' by acquaintance. I know how this works. When Voldemort returns (no mistake, he WILL return), don't come crying to me. Clean up your own mess for once. I am leaving and probably never coming back unless I feel like it or something drastic happens. Enjoy the rest of your year because if I'm not here, then you don't have to have a temper tantrum about Cedric being the real champion. Oh and one last thing, as I keep telling you, I never entered.

Harry James Potter

The entire hall was still with shock. Some of the girls had tears running down their cheeks in shame. Others were wondering what pushed the Boy-who-Lived over the edge. Before anyone could do something, a phoenix flamed in and dropped two broken pieces of a wand then flamed out. Dumbledore examined it and dropped it in shock. 'He's really left. Now how am I going to control him?' The two broken pieces are what remains of one Harry James Potter's wand.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Harry was at the entrance of Gringotts bank with Hedwig on his shoulder as she nipped at his ear.

"Oh, Hedwig, can you take this to the headmaster please?" He took his wand from his pocket and snapped it. 'If I need a new one, I'll get one custom made,' he thought. Hedwig bobbed her head and took the broken wand and flashed out. He only found out about her being part phoenix last year after Uncle Vernon took the belt to him after Ron's phone call.

Flashback

Harry limped upstairs. Uncle Vernon ('why should I even call him Uncle?' Harry thought), was…not happy about the call from Ron. 'Jeez, I told him how to work one last year and it didn't go through his head.' He opened his door with the locks going down almost the entire frame. Harry slowly took off his shirt that was littered with scars. The newest ones were from the cane after they arrived home from the station from the 'Weasley' incident. Harry winced at the pain. The belt buckle ended up breaking the skin so there was blood trailing down his back.

Hedwig watched from her perch. She couldn't stand seeing her master in pain. She always tried healing him in the night but unlike pure phoenix tears, hers only left scars. She plucked up her courage and flew over to Harry.

"Hey girl." He said while stroking her feathers. He laid on his stomach while trying to block the pain when he felt something wet on his back. He laid still until it was done then turned his head. Hedwig had her head lowered to his back. Harry blinked seeing of he was imagining things. Hedwig let one last tear fall and hopped to his head. Staring at his owl (or he thinks she's an owl), and went over to his mirror and jumped in shock. Not even five minutes ago, there was blood trailing down his back with open cuts and bruises. Now, there were only scars. He turned to Hedwig.

"What are you?" He asked softly.

Hedwig couldn't really answer. How could she? So, she decided to bond with her master. Not many familiars do but she felt that Harry was special. She hopped over to him and nipped his finger then she nipped herself and pressed the two cuts together. There was a golden glow around them while Harry watched. The glow disappeared and Hedwig stared at him.

"Harry?" a voice said in his head. He jumped.

"I'm on your shoulder," Hedwig said in amusement. Harry thought he was going crazy.

"Hedwig? What happened? Why can I hear you now, no, talk to you?" Hedwig ruffled her feathers.

"I'm part phoenix Harry. Didn't you wonder why after you were eleven, every time you went to bed with fresh wounds and were healed in the morning?"

"I thought that as my magic again."

"No, that was me. I wasn't sure if I should bond with you-"

"Wait, bond?" Hedwig sighed.

"A bond between a familiar and their owner is rare. It means that they have absolute trust in each other and would never harm them. Since I am part phoenix, I can heal you but it still leaves scars and I can flame but I can't carry heavy loads like more then one human." Harry nodded. He did think it was odd in that sort of sense that after a beating when the wounds were bad, they were healed the next morning.

"Ok then, you are part phoenix then and we're bonded. That doesn't change anything."

"I was hoping you'd say that."

Flashback Ends

Harry waited for Hedwig to come back and only had to wait for about a minute when she flamed back. With that, they walked into Gringotts and went up to the nearest teller.

"Excuse me? Can I get some money from my vault?" The goblin looked up.

"Name?"

"Harry Potter."

The goblin looked up sharply.

"Come with me." He hopped off his stool and walked down one of the twisting hallways. They stopped at a door with a plaque that had the name 'Chaintooth.' Knocking on the door, there was a call of, "Enter."

The goblin pushed the door open and saw an older looking goblin at the desk writing and measuring some gems. He put down his quill and looked up.

"Ah, Mr. Potter, I was wondering if I'd ever see you here. Have you been getting your statements?" Harry gave the goblin a look.

"Statements? I've never gotten anything from Gringotts."

Chaintooth was now pulling out folders with a ticked off look (Harry noted to not get goblins angry).

"Here is all the statements from 1981 when your parents were killed," he handed the folder to Harry. Scanning, he looked up puzzled.

"Sir, I never came here before 1991. It says here that there has been withdrawals since my parents deaths and I've only came here once a year, not every month."

Harry did the mental math. 5,000 galleons were taken each month and 20,000 galleons in a separate payment each year. So, for fourteen years, that's 260,000 and on top of the 5,000 galleons, that's 1,090,000 galleons he's missing. Harry was furious.

"Chaintooth, can you track down all the money and get it returned to my vault. And-" Harry thought for a minute.

"Did my parents have a will?" Chaintooth thought for a minute.

"Yes, there should be a copy here. The one at the ministry got sealed but Gringotts don't go by wizarding laws."

"Who sealed it?"

"Dumbledore."

"WHAT!" Harry fumed. What else had the Headmaster screwed his life over with?

"Chaintooth, can I please see the will?" A nod was all he got.

Chaintooth went over to a cabinet and pulled out a drawer while going through each file trying to find a specific one. Finding it near the back, he pulled it out and brought it back to his desk.

"Now then Mr. Potter, here's your parents will," he handed it over to Harry who took it with his hands shaking slightly. He opened the will.

I, James Charles Potter, and I, Lily Marianna Potter nee Evans, proclaim this as our final will and testament with all others void.

If you are reading this, then we are dead. We are sorry to everyone. If we do die and were still in hiding, then that means Peter Pettigrew betrayed our secret. We really hope that Padfoot doesn't do anything rash. So, onto the beneficiaries;

First, to our dear Moony, we leave you 1 million galleons (and no, you can't take it back). Buy a new wardrobe, you deserve it.

Second, to Padfoot, we leave the guardian of our son in your hands and control over the Potter vaults until Harry is of age and 1 million galleons for you own usage. You and Moony both have the Marauder's Hideaway so use it well (*wink).

Third, to Wormtail, we leave you also with 1 million galleons unless you betray us, then you get nothing.

Fourth, to our son, we're so sorry that we didn't see you grow up to be the man that you would be. We hope that you have a good life and make lots of friends (and girlfriends. JAMES!). So, to you Harry, we leave everything else to you when you become of age.

We are leaving a list of guardians if Padfoot can't take Harry as he is his godfather. We're sorry Moony but until the ministry gets rid of their ridiculous werewolf laws, you can't be a guardian.

Frank and Alice Longbottom (Harry's godmother)

Peter Pettigrew (Unless he betrayed us)

Amelia Bones (good friend)

Minerva McGonagall

Arthur and Molly Weasley (good friends of the family)

If none are available, then Harry is to go to a good wizarding home. HE IS NOT TO GO TO MY SISTER PETUNIA AND HER HUSBAND. THEY HATE MAGIC WITH A PASSION!

That is our will.

We love you Prongslet,

Lily and James

Witness:

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Chaintooth

Harry had tears streaming down his face. 'He knew. He knew and still let Sirius get locked up and send me to the Dursley's. The British wizarding world can do with out me.' Harry contemplated on what to do next. He had everything shrunken down in his pocket.

He was thinking of leaving Hogwarts for a while and the Goblet of Fire incident just solidified his case in leaving. So, he tried to stick around and put up with everything but it became too much. The final blow was when all the Weasley's and Hermione turned their back on Harry and nobody talked to him and made those ridiculous badges. Along with the supper incident.

Flashback

Harry sighed as he walked down to the great hall. His trunk and firebolt in his pocket. He's been carrying them around all week just in case it gets looted. All conversations seemed to stop when he walked into the Great Hall, again.

Then the whisperings of "cheater," "attention seeker," "traitor," followed him to an empty seat where he stared eating in silence. He didn't eat very much when the Ron and Hermione started talking.

"…it's not like he gets enough attention or anything. I bet he did this to get in the paper and do a sob story about his life. Now that I look back, I can't help but think that the over large clothes and the bars on the window were suppose to get sympathy…"

Harry was hurt. Did Ron really think like that? He got three cat-o-nine tails over the pudding incident. What was worse, Hermione slowly nodded and the other Weasley's said nothing. His eyes started prickling and suddenly got up and stalked over to their seat. The hall went quiet but Harry didn't notice.

"Oh yeah Ron, I wear over sized clothes for the hell of it and those bars, that's nothing compared to what those Dursley's did to me before hand. Did you ever wonder why no one has ever seen my back. I'll tell you why, do you know what cat-o-nine tails are? I thought not. It's a piece of leather or rope tied into nine knots and soaked in rum and vinegar. One strike against the skin breaks it. Two tares all the muscle and three shows the bone and sometimes cracks it. So yes Ron, I really went for the 'sob story,' as you elegantly put it." He stood up and turned to the rest of the table. He saw some skeptical faces and not caring faces. The only one he didn't see was Neville. Not that he cared. He left the hall for the Astronomy Tower when Neville came in holding a note.

"He's leaving us." All the note said was 'Goodbye.'

Flashback Ends

"Chaintooth, is it possible to get a passport and a muggle credit card for my vault?" Chaintooth raised an eyebrow.

"Are you leaving?" Harry nodded.

"Yes. I've had it with the stares, the slander and that whispers. I'm also thinking of leaving the Wizarding World. The one on Britain anyway." Chaintooth scratched his chin.

"Where would you go?"

"I was thinking America to an old friend's father. He can help." Chaintooth nodded.

"In that case, here's a passport. It's charmed to update your picture and it has all the muggle components of an authentic one and a Gringotts card."

"Can we charm it to look like a mundane company?" Harry got a weird look for saying mundane.

"Yes, every time you use this, it costs 15 sickles although that will look like nothing compared to the rest of your money."

"Thanks Chaintooth. Can we get a plane ticket flying to Washington D.C. please?" Harry just said Washington D.C. because that's one of the American cities he remembers from grade four geography. Hopefully he can call Gibbs by tomorrow. Chaintooth got out a plane schedule for the Gatwick Airport.

"The airport is 27 miles south of London called Gatwick Airport that goes to Dulles International Airport. It's in Chantilly, Virginia, about an hour from Washington. Here's the flight schedule." Chaintooth handed Harry that list of flights. He pondered and took the 3:00 p.m. flight in two days.

"Can I have first class please?" Chaintooth just wrote it down and said something in Gobbledegook. The parchment glowed and turned into a plane ticket.

"Here you are Mr. Potter. The muggles were also sent a notice as well so no need to worry about that. Now, here's your bank card and is that everything?"

"Yes. Well, one more thing. Can I have a file of everything I own please and is there a Gringotts in Washington?"

"Yes, it's on New York Avenue called Potbelly Sandwich Works. Muggle's can go in but the magical folk can go in to back and there's something sort of like a Diagon Alley in behind there. Ask for Jack and he'll show you. He's always in the back. Does that answer your question?"

"Yes, thank you for you time." Chaintooth handed Harry a folder, his passport, plane ticket and his credit card then left the bank.

"Come on Hedwig. I'll meet you in the Leaky Cauldron in a while ok?"

"Alright Harry."

Hedwig took off flying into the night while Harry made his way to the pub. Carefully making sure that no one was watching, he changed his hair colour to brown and his eyes to a more chocolate brown by using a glamour charm. He found out about them last year and tried doing it with a wand and wandless, though without a wand, they don't last very long. He couldn't do anything about his scar so he just hoped that it would be enough. Walking up to Tom, he asked in a gruffy voice, "I need a room for tonight." Tom looked up from wiping his glass.

"That'll be 3 sickles." Harry nodded and handed the money over. He kept a little bit of wizarding money on him. The credit card changes his money into pounds and soon to be dollars so at least that won't be an issue. He followed Tom up to his room where he laid on his bed for a while. Hedwig came back and was now standing by his head.

"Well Hedwig, we're off the America," he whispered and went to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 109 15
β™‘Discontinuedβ™‘ You had just moved from another school and you meet Imogen will she was getting off the bus. Harry's kinda's homphobic in this
502 8 21
Cousin of none other than James Potter joins Hogwarts after being homeschooled for 3 years, will the school accept her? will she be able to survive...
9.4M 290K 75
β˜½ΰΌ“ο½₯*ΛšβΊβ€§Ν™ (Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) ❝ π€πŸπ­πžπ« 𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐭𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, π₯𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐑𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐑𝐲, 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐀𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐑�...
129K 3.5K 35
After a beating lands 4 year old Harry Potter in the Hospital it is discovered Tony DiNozzo is his father. Tony must step up with some help from his...