Red Strings: Fated Bond (Unde...

Av Ira_Alessia

"I don't want to become the kind of Adwait who would rip every single skin cell off any man who dares to have... Mer

Author's Note (Must Read!)
Character's Aesthetics
01| OMG! He's coming
02| Call me by my name
03| Stay out of my sight
04| They love you
06| I saw him
07| Is it because of that guy?
08| Give me your number
09| Leave me alone
10| Nothing will ever happen between us
11| Don't meddle between us
12| Love? Not for me
13| I can't take that risk
14| Why aren't you looking at me?
15| She's someone else's girl
16| You're not bothering me
17| She hates me
18| Just listen to me once
19| You hurt her the most
20| Let's now remain strangers

05| It's my fault

13.1K 909 30
Av Ira_Alessia

"What are you selecting?" Arushi inquired, peeking at the form in my hand.

"Literature, and you?" I replied, snapping the pen shut before passing it back to her.

We had been tasked with choosing our elective subjects for the upcoming semester. Given my preexisting interest in literature, I chose it as my subject. Reading books and novels had always been a cherished hobby of mine, and I believed that opting for Literature as an elective would be advantageous. 

Basically, it's a break from the hardcore demands of my architectural course, a chance to pursue something I actually enjoy.

"I am selecting the same course. It will serve as inspiration for my fashion design program, as I have a particular fascination with the fashion of the 1700s and 1800s in America." Arushi explained, while filling out her form.

Made sense. Immersing herself in the literature of that era would provide her with valuable direction and a deeper understanding of the styles and trends prevalent during that time.

"Let's go; I've completed it," she declared, and together we strolled towards the enrollment department.

I caught sight of Ishana emerging from the block, and upon noticing me, she scoffed, rolled her eyes, and swiftly walked away.

"Why is she always so agitated, man? It's like her ass is constantly on fire," Arushi remarked, tilting her head back to observe Ishana's retreating figure.

It had turned into a bit of a routine with Ishana, those odd looks she kept shooting my way every time we bumped into each other, like she'd stumbled upon an alien or something. But honestly, I'd gotten used to it. Instead of getting annoyed, I just felt kind of sorry for her and her whole nonsensical vibe.

"How about we give her a fire extinguisher?" I mused aloud.

Arushi smirked in response. "Leave that poor extinguisher, Nitya. It's better off far away from her. Knowing Ishana, instead of extinguishing, she'd probably end up burning that extinguisher too."

I erupted into laughter. 

We split up off to our separate lectures. For me, it was the same old routine, the professors droning on, my pen dancing across the paper as I scribbled down notes, tackled equations, and endured the occasional barrage of questions. It was all as predictable as breathing. 

Nothing more, nothing less. 

Perhaps it was because I didn't have any friends besides Arushi. Can't really blame me, though. My trust issues were as sharp as broken glass, and being a scholarship student from a middle-class background only amplified those insecurities. 

I had no desire to get tangled up in the mess of the rich and privileged. Not that I was judging, but from Ishana's experiences, that's just how it seemed to be.

"Thank goodness! It's the final lecture now. I'm absolutely exhausted," Arushi commented as we both stepped into the literature class.

I scanned the room for an empty seat and my eyes landed on the last person I expected to see: Adwait Scindia. 

His name had a certain gravity to it, much like his presence, and I had zero interest in getting pulled into that vortex. I noticed his friend sitting next to him, and the conclusion was clear: we were in the same course. 

Another complication added to the ever-growing mess of my life.

"What happened?" Arushi's voice pulled my attention away from Adwait and back to her.

"Look, over there," I discreetly signaled her with my eyes.

She heaved a sigh, her eyes filled with understanding. "It's fine, Nitya. You don't have to be so nervous around him. He won't bite," she chuckled, gently patting my shoulder.

She was right. I had been overthinking everything, creating unnecessary nervousness around him. Sure, our first encounter had stuck with me, but dwelling on it wasn't doing me any favors. There was really no reason to be nervous.

The professor strolled in, and I did a quick scan for an open spot. Of course, my luck was in the dumps because the only seats left were right in front of Adwait. Reluctantly, I plopped down there.

The professor started the lecture, providing an introduction to the course. I attentively listened and jotted down the notes.

Still, having him right behind me was seriously annoying. I could sense his eyes on me every now and then, and I couldn't shake off the fact that his mere presence was giving me major goosebumps. It was a total distraction, making it a real struggle to concentrate on the lecture.

Oh, God! How would I face him for the entire semester? It seemed like Literature wouldn't be as enjoyable as I had first imagined it to be.

As soon as the lecture concluded, Arushi whisked me away to the cafeteria and ordered herself some soft drinks.

"Now that the day's done, how about we go out somewhere? A café, maybe? Or perhaps a stroll through the market?" She proposed, taking a leisurely sip from her can of juice.

"I can't, Aru," I murmured with sadness. Her gaze snapped to mine. "You know how it is with my parents. Roaming the streets, indulging in luxury hangouts—it's just not the norm in our family."

She rolled her eyes. "Screw this crappy norm," she spat out. "You're coming with me. Don't let these ridiculous rules spoil your chance for some fun. It's not like you're committing a crime. And besides, nobody's going to rat you out to your parents, and honestly, I don't think there's a need to. You're your own person, damn it." She tossed the can into the nearby disposal and linked her arm with mine. "Let's get going. We'll take my car."

I resigned myself to her demand and followed along. 

Deep down, I guess I craved the same freedom as any other girl my age. At first, I shoved those thoughts aside, drowning them in a sea of responsibility and duty. But ever since I met Aru, those desires erupted like molten lava, unstoppable and all-consuming.

We reached the parking lot, and I settled into the passenger seat while Aru took her place behind the wheel. Twisting the key, she ignited the engine, and soon we were cruising down the open road. 

I remained silent, content to soak in the passing scenery outside the window. The evening was just beginning, casting a gentle glow over the landscape, and the weather, thankfully, was not too oppressive.

She killed the engine as we pulled up to a nearby café. The place was aesthetically pleasing, to say the least. Cool, inviting colors greeted us, and the inside was like a sanctuary of calmness, with flower arrangements scattered around and artistic decorations decking the walls. 

We settled into seats by the window, soaking in the serene vibe and placed our orders for a meal.

"So, I've been mulling over a vacation to the hills," Arushi initiated the conversation. "I really want you to come along, but since you won't be able to make it, I'll make sure to share every little detail with you over the phone."

I smiled, a flicker of amusement dancing in my eyes. "Looks like I'm in for a virtual trip then. Quite the epic adventure it promises to be."

She let out a soft chuckle, a brief moment of lightness before a sigh slipped past her lips. "God knows when that day will come, when we can set about on a long trip together." 

"Manifested," I crossed my fingers and send a silent prayer heavenward.

Before long, our order landed on the table, and we wasted no time diving in.

We dove into conversation between bites, chatting about college rumors, swapping personal stories, and everything else. Talking to Arushi was like a breath of fresh air. Her company always lift the burdens from my shoulders and make me feel truly alive.

Once we polished off our meal, I insisted on splitting the bill, but true to her stubborn nature, Arushi waved off my protests and took care of it herself.

"I'll drop you home," she offered, pushing open the door and gesturing for me to step outside before joining me on the sidewalk.

"No, I'll go on my own," I insisted before and she could protest, I quickly interjected, "Aru, this café is close to my house. Just a 20-minute walk, I'll be there in no time. You don't have to go out of your way. I insist. Plus, I could use the walk after indulging so much."

She sighed in understanding. Pulling me into a brief but warm hug, she then slipped back into her car. Rolling down the window, she gave me a smile as I waved her goodbye, watching until she disappeared into the opposite direction.

I walked when the sight of a fruit vendor caught my eye. The thought of grabbing some fresh fruit sounded pretty appealing. I strolled up to the vendor and checked out the selection. After a quick scan, I settled on a couple of apples and a bunch of tangerines. After making the payment, I continued on my way.

My attention was abruptly drawn to my bag, which had developed a crack in one of its handles. I struggled to balance it by trying to adjust my grip and prevent its contents from spilling. In my distraction, I failed to notice the green light and stepped onto the crossing without paying attention to the cars.

Out of nowhere, a car appears and screeches to a halt, tires skidding against the pavement. I'm so freaked out that I lose my grip on my bag, and it hits the ground, spilling everything out and sending my fruit rolling everywhere.

The sound of car doors opening and footsteps approaching made me snap back to reality. I quickly bent down to retrieve my scattered fruit, feeling embarrassed and flustered. 

I stood up and turned to face the person only for my eyes to widen in recognition.

Adwait????

Oh no, not again.

"So, what are you going to say this time? That it's all my fault?"

The way he was gazing at me with a blend of annoyance and sarcasm left no doubt that he was taunting me. I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment and anger as I tried to figure out how to respond.

"It's my fault," I replied, my voice barely above a whisper. "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I'm sorry."

"See, it's not that hard to admit you're wrong," he remarked with a smug tone in his voice. "You should've done the same yesterday."

Excuse me? What did he say?

"It wasn't just my fault yesterday and I'm not going to apologize unless you do too." I could feel the annoyance rising within me.

He was acting like he had done nothing wrong, and I wasn't about to let him get away with it. 

My words seemed to have an effect on him, as I noticed a slight wavering in his smirk.

Adwait and I were still locked in our standoff when a figure emerged from the surrounding crowd. It was an old man. He approached us with a look of concern written all over his face.

"What's wrong, my child? Is this guy bothering you?" he inquired.

My eyes widened but before I could even utter a word, he swiftly turned his attention towards Adwait.

"What seems to be the issue, young man? I can sense that something is wrong here. Are you trying to run this young girl over with your carelessness?" His gaze shifted from the car to my hands, which were haphazardly clutching the fruits.

I noticed Adwait's face contorting with anger, and his fists clenched tightly. It was evident that he was making a conscious effort not to lose his composure and snap. "She was the one who suddenly appeared in front of my car."

The old man's eyes shifted from one of us to the other, taking in the situation. 

"Yes, uncle, it was my mistake." I quickly interjected, not wanting the situation to escalate any further.  "But it's nothing serious, really. Thank you for asking though."

People around us were now starting to take notice of the commotion, their eyes curious and filled with interest. I didn't want to cause a scene, and I felt relieved when the man nodded in understanding.

Just when the old man moved away, I quickly stuffed the remaining fruits into the bag and grabbed it from underneath, since the handle was now broken.

I shifted my gaze to Adwait whose intense glare was fixed upon me. He closed the distance between us, coming so close that we were only inches apart.

"You always make me look like the troublemaker in front of people, and I fucking hate it." He groaned with a low voice.

He spun on his heel and marched back to his car. The tires screeched as he peeled off.

I remained rooted to the spot, feeling a mix of shame and anger swirling inside me.

The remainder of the day left me feeling utterly drained, both from the activities and the encounter with Adwait. The next morning, as soon as I arrived at the university, I resolved to confide everything to Arushi.

Although it wasn't a major issue but it was the second time in a row that I had managed to irk him. The only way I could find comfort was by talking to Arushi and seeking assurance that nothing was that serious.

"God, Nitya. Why is this all happening to you?" Arushi let out a deep, exhausted sigh. "The more you try to get away from him, the more you get close to him."

"I know, right? It's so frustrating. Every time we come across each other, it's like a verbal cat-and-mouse fight," I exclaimed, expressing her exasperation.

"Don't fret; it's a minor matter. Put it out of your mind," she reassured me with a warm smile.

"Seems like no one missed me."

The sound of a familiar voice disrupted our discussion, causing us both to turn towards its source. 

Arushi's eyes lit up at the sight of the man. "Virat! You're back," she cried, running towards him.

I watched them wrapping each other in a hug.

He planted a gentle kiss on her cheek, causing a pink tint to spread across her face. 

For a span of three years, they had been in a romantic relationship. Their initial encounter took place during their secondary school days. And as luck would have it, they ended up attending the same university with Virat being two years ahead as a senior.

When Arushi first told me about him, it felt weird to me because I had always been taught in a girls-only school and I never got close to a boy, leaving my family behind.

So, the concept of having a girlfriend or boyfriend seemed odd to me.

At first, whenever Arushi invited me to hang out with them, I'd feel a bit jittery because I'm kind of introverted. But as I spent more time around Virat, watching how he treated Arushi and hearing their conversations, I started to see that he was actually a really good guy at heart.

Before I knew it, I was tagging along with them for lunch and gossips.

He made me feel at ease and was always willing to help me, no matter the task. Over time, our relationship grew stronger and Virat became like a big brother to me, filling the gap in my life left by the absence of a sibling, and in turn, I became like a little sister to him.

I caught sight of Virat, drawing nearer, "How are you, little munchkin?" He playfully greeted me with that usual nickname he like to use, and I wrinkled my nose in mock irritation.

Arushi and Virat both chuckled at my reaction. He wrapped his arms around me in a comforting embrace, patting my hair like a loving brother.

"I am fine." I smiled and hugged him back. "Why haven't you come to university for the past two days?" I asked, breaking away from the embrace.

"I was busy handling some personal stuff," Virat replied as he brushed his hair back with his fingers, looking into my eyes with a slight shrug of his shoulders. "But, I'm here now, so let's not talk about that anymore. How are things going?"

Arushi's fingers curled around Virat's arm as she pulled him into a sideways hug. "She's doing alright," she reassured him with a small smile. "Just a little tangled up with Adwait at the moment."

"Adwait?" he frowned, "You mean Adwait Scindia?"

His tone was serious, as if he was trying to piece together the information.

"Yes, Adwait Scindia," I replied sheepishly to him.

"What did he do? Did he say something to you or harm you in any way?" I could see the protectiveness in his eyes as he waited for my answer.

I shared with him the entire episode, starting from the cafeteria incident and recounting every detail up to the road incident. He listened up real close, his eyes locked on me, and his brows all scrunched up in concern.

Arushi had gone to get coffee for us, leaving us alone sitting in the pavilion to engage in the conversation.

"Stay as far away from him as possible, munchkin. He's not a good person. I've heard things about him, and I can assure you, they're not good. Do you understand?" Virat's face grew serious as he cautioned me.

I nodded in agreement. Whatever advice he was giving was for my own benefit. I trust him more than I trust myself.

Arushi returned with three cups of cold coffee. She settled on Virat's right side, while I sat on his left, as we each took a cup of coffee from her.

The cold liquid was a welcome relief from the sweltering heat, and we drank it eagerly, pausing only to exchange bits of gossip and laughter between sips.

The bell rang signaling the start of our next class.

"I have a lecture now," Arushi announced.

Virat got up, stretching his limbs before turning to Arushi. "I also have to fill my remaining subjects for the new semester as I have missed two days already. I'll come with you babe." His eyes snapped to me, "Munchkin, let's go."

"I'll stay here. I have a free period and I'd like to just sit and relax for a bit."

"Alright then, see you," they both spoke in unison as they took their leave.

I was about to grab the empty coffee cup but a hand appeared, snatching it away before I could. I lifted my gaze to the figure and my face went pale.

Hope you liked the chapter. Your views regarding it?

Do like, comment and share if you are enjoying the story.

...
❤️

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

20.5K 386 75
Author: Habitat Without Heart Category:Tanmei Fan Fiction Gu Zhongjing took his former rival and later crush Chu Yan from the end of the world to a p...
2.8K 460 27
I love you, Alara! My love for you knows no bounds-I would sacrifice everything for you!! ...
325K 11.2K 31
Kim Jisoo, the beautiful girl, from an ordinary family with a big dream to become a popular author and writer. With that unique personality of her, s...
1M 15.3K 148
This book will consist of a collection of one-shots, drabbles, preferences and what not, of the Avengers. Tony Stark (Robert Downey jr.) Steve Roger...