When Heaven and Hell Meet

By CC1259

Not good at intros sorry! Blight always stuck to the shadows. All people ever see of her is her shadow or a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
NOT A CHAPTER
NOT A CHAPTER

Chapter 6

37 5 3
By CC1259

We have to barricade the castle" I hear Mommy say to Daddy.

"What will Blight think?" Daddy asks Mommy.

"I don't know, but we cant risk her safety."

I see Daddy run a hand through his dark brown hair. "I know, I just don't want her to worry."

Why do they have to barricade the castle?

I lean onto the vent without thinking. It falls out of the wall with a loud metalic thud. Mommy and Daddy look over, their faces just turned white. I look into Daddy's green eyes. They seem calm, when I look into Mommy's blue eyes I see fear.

Mommy starts to twirl her blonde hair, something she only does when she is upset. "Blight, what all did you hear?" Mommy asks me.

"Everything..."

"Well that makes telling her a little easier." Daddy looks over at Mommy.

"Telling me what?" I ask quickly. Mommy walks over to Daddy and smacks his head, not hard though.

"David! She does not know! Now she is going to ask about it!" Mommy yells at Daddy. I recoil. Daddy picks me up.

"Its okay Pumpkin." Daddy spins me around in a circle and I start to laugh. This lasts for a few minutes until I realize they are trying to divert my attention. I focus again.

"What did you need to tell me?" I ask now serious.

"Didn't you hear? Curiosity killed the cat." Mommy says before Daddy can open his mouth.

"What?"

"Julia, she is ten. She does not understand idioms." Daddy scolds.

"Whats an idiun?" I ask, now even more curious.

"And IDIOM is putting style into what you say." Mommy replies.

"Oh."

"Lets get you into your room." Daddy says before I can ask anymore questions. He picks me up and turns towards the steps. We are just starting up the steps when I hear a bunch of loud bangs.

"Daddy? Whats going on?" I start to tremble in fear.

"Nothing sweetie!" Daddy yells as he whips open his black wings. Mommy grabs me and starts to run towards the bunker door. We are close to it when two people break through a nearby window one is a man and one is a woman. They see me and Mommy and start running after us. Mommy quickly unfolds her wings and motions for me to do the same. Then she bolts into the air. I'm not fast enough though and before I can escape the woman grabs me. I start to scream and flail trying to escape. The person starts shaking me. I look over at Mommy, she came down to save me but the man grabbed her and is dragging her away. I hear her screaming my name repeatedly while I scream and flail.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

"Blight! Blight! BLIGHT!" Someone is shaking me. I wake up, my vision is foggy. The person keeps on shaking me and I can still hear my name being called I scream and throw out a punch and I hear and feel something crack. My attacker groans in pain. As my vision starts to clear I can see my attacker.

Black... crap.

"Oh my God! I am so sorry!" I say.

Black holds up the hand that he is not cupping over his nose. After a few seconds he pulls it away. Looks like I did not do any damage.

But I heard it crack...

Then I remember that Black is able to heal anything instantly.

"Its fine." Black says. "Are you ok? You were screaming and flailing?"

"Yeah, just a nightmare of a memory..."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Not now." I shake my head.

"Well if you ever want to talk about it..." Black starts to say, but I cut him off.

"I can always come to you, I know."

I look over at the clock. It's 5:13 in the afternoon. "How long have I been out?"

"Since we got back. You fell asleep almost instantly while curling up into me." Black answers with a grin on his face.

"Shut up!" I cry as I start to remember last night.

"But you were so cute!" he replies. I glare at him and he starts laughing and after a while I can't help but smile to.

"I'm gonna go get a shower, just go help yourself to anything in the kitchen."

"Ok." he says and he heads out of my room and down the steps. I grab a short sleeved purple shirt, a par of jeans, a new bra and a new pair of underwear. When I get into the shower I wave my hand over the area where my mark is on my arm revealing it. I then start to wash away all the makeup from last night, then my hair, then the rest of my body. I get out and get dressed.

I start walking down the stairs towards the living room. I see Black standing in front of the TV looking at the last family photo that I had with my parents. I walk up next to Black.

"How old were you when they died?" Black asks.

my body stiffens. "Nine." I mumble.

"That had to have sucked. How did you survive? I'm guessing you were all alone."

"I wasn't alone. I had Tal, I have known him since I was a baby. He was three and I was a year old when we met . He would come by everyday after he learned that they were both dead. He brought food, clothes, anything he thought I needed to survive. He got me through life until I was able to handle it myself. But now instead of bringing me food though, he steals all of mine." I laugh.

"So you two are very close?" he asks, I can hear the worry in his voice.

"Yeah, but it's more of a brother sister bond."

"Oh." We stand there in silence, looking at the picture. I can remember that day perfectly. My mom was freaking out because she could not get the camera to work, my dad was sitting there trying to help her, I was laughing my head off because they could not operate the simplest things. I remember how I went over and touched one button and the camera started to work. Then when mom took the picture, I couldn't even bring myself to smile because I heard her whispers to dad about how the hunters were close. Before mom took the picture she said something to him really quietly, I could not hear it, but whatever it was, shook dad and his face went hard right before she snapped the picture. She printed it out with a giant printer immediately after, framed it then put it on the wall above the TV. The day all of that happened was one week before Dad was killed, and a week and a half before Mom was killed. A tear escapes my eye and slowly rolls down my cheek. Black throws his arm around me. We continue to stand there and just look at the picture until there is a knock at the door. My body tenses once again. Black squeezes my shoulder.

"Hey, nobody is going to hurt you as long as I'm around." Black reassures me.

"I know, its just..." the knocking gets louder.

"Just what?"

"The day my mom died there was a knock at the door. She went to open it and there was a demon standing there. He immediately ripped her heart out of her chest and said to her 'This is what you get for causing the death of the demon prince.' I froze up in fear and he looked over at me. He came over to me and grabbed my arm. As soon as he saw my mark he let go and left. I had to bury my mother, on my own. I had to touch her dead body, and her heart. That scars a person... especially if you're a nine year old."

"Oh God." We get to the door and Black opens it. Standing outside is Tal with flowers and a box of chocolates.

"Blight I'm... What are you doing here?!" he looks at Black and then he looks at my shoulders. He seems to recoil when he sees Blacks arm draped across my shoulders.

"Being a... friend." I quickly reply. I look over at Black and see disappointment all over it. "Why are you here Tal?"

"To say I'm sorry. I was such an ass before. I'm just so sorry." Tal starts to walk in.

I put up a hand to stop him. "A little late don't ya think?"

"Look, I'm sorry. I wasn't myself."

"Ya know you don't have to hide what you are from me." I snap at him.

"Blight I-I..."

"You what? Your sorry? I don't want to hear it."

"I'm just gonna go over there..." Black points to the living room.

"Blight, please just listen."

"No Tal. I am not in the mood right now!" I shout as I start to think about what happened with Ozi last night. Tal tries to get closer to me.

That's it!

I send a gust of air at him knocking him back. He sits on the ground in shock. I slam the door shut and then join Black in the living room.

"Just friends, huh?" he asks.

"You never asked, so I just assumed..."

"Okay... well then Blight will you do out with me?"

I feel my stomach drop. "Yes." I say. Black comes over to me and wraps me up into his arms and then gently kisses me. I can feel all the rage from before leave my body and I forget about everything around me. Right now it is only me and Black, nothing else seems to exist in this moment. All I feel is bliss.

So what do you guys think so far? I just had to write this chapter today. I could not help myself with Blight being pissed off at Tal. I also had to specify that they are now official!!! I need ship names!! It is so hard to come up with ones for Blight and Black. Next chapter will be dedicated to the best one! Also please don't be silent readers. I would love hearing what you guys think of the book so far!

-CC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 833 25
Shiori was different from everyone else in her high school. It wasn't just her strange features that made her different. It was her. She was differen...
210K 5.4K 25
Dawn is 22-years old and a Beta's daughter. She is strong,fast,outgoing and has a great sense of humor. She is rebellious, adventurous and confident...
1.1M 33.8K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
55.6K 1.4K 26
A werewolf in the midst of humans. What's up with that? But then, a group of werewolves join the school. What happens when the Alpha is her mate? Wi...