𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖...

By birdeyze

Now published as Two Parts Book 1 After The Storm- Dark Clouds & Book 2 After The Storm- Clear Skies. (Book T... More

𝘈𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘦
𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙰𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚜
Oᑎᗴ
TᗯO
Tᕼᖇᗴᗴ
ᖴOᑌᖇ
ᖴIᐯᗴ
ՏI᙭
Տᗴᐯᗴᑎ
ᗴIᘜᕼT
ᑎIᑎᗴ
Tᗴᑎ
ᗴᒪᗴᐯᗴᑎ
Tᗯᗴᒪᐯᗴ
TᕼIᖇTᗴᗴᑎ
ᖴOᑌᖇTᗴᗴᑎ
ՏI᙭Tᗴᗴᑎ
ՏᗴᐯᗴᑎTᗴᗴᑎ
ᗴIᘜᕼTᗴᗴᑎ
ᑎIᑎᗴTᗴᗴᑎ
TᗯᗴᑎTY
TᗯᗴᑎTY Oᑎᗴ
TᗯᗴᑎTY TᗯO
TᗯᗴᑎTY Tᕼᖇᗴᗴ
TᗯᗴᑎTY ᖴOᑌᖇ
TᗯᗴᑎTY ᖴIᐯᗴ
TᗯᗴᑎTY ՏI᙭
TᗯᗴᑎTY Տᗴᐯᗴᑎ
TᗯᗴᑎTY ᗴIᘜᕼT
TᗯᗴᑎTY ᑎIᑎᗴ
TᕼIᖇTY
TᕼIᖇTY Oᑎᗴ
TᕼIᖇTY TᗯO
TᕼIᖇTY Tᕼᖇᗴᗴ
TᕼIᖇTY ᖴOᑌᖇ
TᕼIᖇTY ᖴIᐯᗴ
TᕼIᖇTY ՏI᙭
TᕼIᖇTY Տᗴᐯᗴᑎ
TᕼIᖇTY ᗴIᘜᕼT
TᕼIᖇTY ᑎIᑎᗴ
ᖴOᖇTY
ᖴOᖇTY Oᑎᗴ
ᖴOᖇTY TᗯO
ᖴOᖇTY Tᕼᖇᗴᗴ
ᖴOᖇTY ᖴOᑌᖇ
ᖴOᖇTY ᖴIᐯᗴ
ᖴOᖇTY ՏI᙭
ᖴOᖇTY Տᗴᐯᗴᑎ
ᖴOᖇTY ᗴIᘜᕼT
Book One

ᖴIᖴTᗴᗴᑎ

68 8 0
By birdeyze

🌸ڿڰۣ-P̠O̠V̠ P̠a̠t̠r̠i̠c̠e̠

The anxiety of meeting OD was killing me. I was sure Pet knew that I was up to something. I guess it was the thought of knowing that if she or Mama knew I was going to meet OD they were going to blow up on me big time that had me paranoid.

For starters, I got out of bed and started rummaging through my chest of drawers for what I should wear. It seems all of a sudden everything I own was either tired or just did not meet my desired expectation.

Cuh yah a mussi Prince Charles yuh a guh meet!

"Fuck off nuh" I groaned as I pushed in the drawer with a frustrated shove. Then quickly added when I remember it was Sunday morning. "Lord figive mi but mi conscience a get pan mi laas nerve!"

I found myself giggling at the thought of it all. I think I am upping my stage of madness. I got up and decided to just push the stress of meeting OD to the back of my head. I was getting a little too worked up.

I made my bed and placed the hanger holding the jean jumper dress and under blouse I decided to wear on the handle of my bedroom door feeling somewhat relax inspite of knowing this might turn out to be a big fuss if a few family members knew my intention.

I left the room and headed for the bathroom just as Pet was coming out of Mama's room. But then came Petrice and new anxieties came flooding to the forefront of my morning. I figured she went to check in on Jae who was no doubt still sleeping.

"Hey gyal mi ere seh yuh gwaan wid tings last night!" she said with a huge grin as she pulled up the door.

"Good morning to you too," I said sweetly as I glared at her.

"Whateva," she said rolling her eyes as she walk up to me and gripped my arm. "Medz a waah good man. Mi like dat fi yuh."

Shit suh Petrice knows Medz?!

Was there anyone or anyone that my sister does not know?

"Mi waah use e bathroom."

I was not surprised when she came into the bathroom with me. Pet had something she wanted to say and I knew that I was about to get it.

"E tan good to," she grinned as I went to the toilet a bit self-conscious she was in here with me but she seem rather unbothered, "an him a duh wondaz fi di likkle yute dem weh waah mek in a d entertainment industry wid e YouTube channel."

I knew a little of what Medz did because at times posts of his current endeavours came up in my news feed on FB. I never really got in-depth with the in and outs of his life or his business prospects, but I was familiar with him running Medz Promotion and Entertainment Industry.

I never allowed myself to know much as he was just a means to an end. There was never going to be something serious between us.

I got up and flush then walk to the face basin where I wash my hand and reach for my toothbrush. I was partially listening to Pet as I put toothpaste on it and began to brush my teeth.

"Yuh really need fi mek a move in a waah suitable relationship now enuh Pat," she said her voice now serious. "Mi know yuh nuh waah ere dis but lowe out OD e---"

I spat the foam from my mouth and glared at Pet in the mirror above the sink.

"Listen Pet him a Deenie father a mi naah run him out an r life. Him nuh duh nothing fi deserve dat. Evrybody a galang like a sin fi di two a wi fi deh." I snapped. "A wah so bou mi n him dat wi cyaah deh hmmm?"

Silence fills the bathroom as we look at each other in the mirror. I sighed and rinse my mouth before speaking a little calmer.

"Yuh cyaah gi mi a reason because in all honesty yuh a carry feelings fi how e grandmother handle mi, but a nuh OD duh mi nothing suh tap use d ole vagabond fat fry OD."

I watch as she took a deep breath and let it out but before she could speak I continue. "I love OD but mi cyaah tell yuh seh e still love mi all mi can tell yuh seh Deeni need fi know are fawda. I not going to let her live like us not knowing neither madda r fawd."

Petrice sighed and I turn to the sink to wash my face. I knew I should tell her I was going to meet up with OD but I said nothing. I guess I wanted to find out first what he wanted to meet up for entails.

I let the apprehension in my fluttering heart subside as I dry my face. When I look over at my sister I saw the love and care etched in the concern on her face. All her life she has been my mother, my friend, as well as my sister and I, knew she was only looking out for me.

"I think it's time for Odenia to stop being in the middle of a grudge that neither she nor I constituted," I said walking up to her and hugging her.

"Yuh tink?"

"No, a nuh tink mi tink a know mi know," I said relaxing as she hugged me back. "OD asks mi fi meet him, him seh e waah c mi."

"Wah yuh seh OD wah?!" She said shoving me away to stare at me.

"Pet cool nuh, an tone dung yuh big mout! Cho man."

"Gyal if Mama know seh yuh..."

"A yuh a guh mek she know wid yuh speaker box throat ole." I groaned moving to open the door but she held me back.

"Listen Pat mek sleeping dogs lie," she said and I stare at her then ask with a hint of accusation.

"Yuh know something weh yuh naah tell mi?"

"All mi know a d same thing like yuh, nothing," she told me with a sigh. "But fra Mama reaction to yuh and OD getting close to him breeding yuh and Ms Murl equally dutty and aggressive behaviour mi know something nuh simple inna dis."

"Well e ova due fi mi know an if a fi stir up ants nest mi a guh dweet," I said with outright determination etch on my face.

"Yuh tink e betta yuh just talk to Mama bou e again?"

"No Pat."

The finality in my voice had her shaking her head in understanding. She reached for the bathroom door handle and turn it, as she open the door we came face to face with Mama.

My heart fluttered as I watch her look at us my mind racing with thoughts of her overhearing Pet and my conversation.

"Di two a yuh a Deenie an Jae now?" she asked looking at us, "any weh one deh d adda affi deh?"

I gave an inward sigh of relief. If Mama had overheard us she would have without any doubt been up in my face giving me hell as to why OD and I were oil and water.

"Morning Mama," I smiled.

"Morning," she returned. "Memba mi a ask yuh fi guh stay inna shop fi mi."

"Yeah, Mama."

"An Pet mi put on d peas already an start d pork d rest is up to yuh," she continued as we step out of the bathroom and she stepped in.

"Yes, Mama."

"The both a yuh alright?" she asked looking intently at us.

We hurridly move off saying in unison. "Yes, Mama."

The hours leading up to meeting OD seems like an eternity as my mind was now more than ever occupied with the unknown reason as to why our families hated us being together.

I wanted to have OD in our lives but I knew without this bit of information he will be out of my reach more than he already was.

I sighed as I went to find my daughter. I just wanted to hug her tightly. I found her in the living room with Jae both having just woken up.

"Morning loves," I greeted them then ask Deenie. "Yuh going to Church wid Mama?"

I walk up to her sitting on the sofa her face still puffy from sleep. The same face as the man I was going to meet. My heart pounded with anticipation and anxiety.

"Morning, yes mommy," she replied.

"Ok."

I hope when this day is over I can put a happier smile on her face. It was way overdue for her to have her father in her life.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
Please👇

Nuff love 🇯🇲

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 13.7K 56
At age 30, publications editor Kelsie Taylor is slowly losing hope in finding her fairytale romance. The stories of the women around her who experien...
27.1K 3.1K 56
******COMPLETED***** 𝔸 𝕁𝕒𝕞𝕒𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕊𝕣𝕠𝕣𝕪 🖤💚💛 Leslie wanted a drama-free life now that she was paving her own way as a young ad...
1.5K 176 31
Completed. Welcome to Book Two - After The Storm: Clear Skies. *Not A Stand Alone* 🇯🇲Jamaican Love Story 🖤💚💛 This is the continuation of Patr...
7.2K 481 16
This story relates the life of a female who was raised in a single-parent household and derives from a working-class family. She is determined to bre...