๐‚๐‘๐”๐„๐‹ ๐’๐”๐Œ๐Œ๐„๐‘ | out...

By -illicitaffairss-

' I don't wanna keep secrets just to keep you.' jj x oc started: ??/07/21 finished: n/a book 2 in the obx se... More

CRUEL SUMMER.
ACT I. THE AFTERMATH
๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๏ผŒWHAT HAPPENS AFTER?
๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๏ผŒALL I THINK ABOUT
๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿค๏ผŒJEALOUS BOYFRIEND BULLSHIT
๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿฅ๏ผŒINTERNATIONAL NUMBER
๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿฆ๏ผŒWOOGITY WOOGITY
๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿง๏ผŒSPITBALLING
๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿจ๏ผŒTICKLE THE WIRE
๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿฉ๏ผŒLORD OF THE DORKS
๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿช๏ผŒITS SO FUCKED UP
๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿซ๏ผŒFACE TO FACE WITH DEATH
๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿข๏ผŒTIFFANY BOX
๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๏ผŒBLUE RIDGE
๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿค๏ผŒ BOARDING SCHOOL BLUES
ACT II, THE CONSEQUENCES
๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฆ๏ผŒREUNION
๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿง๏ผŒTHE CHASE
๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿจ๏ผŒFEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF
๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฉ๏ผŒAN ULTIMATUM
๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿช๏ผŒACHE
019, DEADBEAT
020, NO WAY OUT
021, SINGLE CLEANSING
22, BONFIRE

๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ๏ผŒEDGE OF SEVENTEEN

1.3K 29 17
By -illicitaffairss-

CRUEL SUMMER
013 | Edge of Seventeen

SEVENTEEN. Renee hated feeling of another change in her life looming over her. Even if she didn't feel different physically and it was practically a simple written change in her life. She despised it — hence why she wasn't as happy for her birthday as she once used to be.

Her mind couldn't falter from this time last year, the simpler time where she was woken up to a poorly decorated boxed vanilla cake made by John B whilst he sung to her crouched by the bed until she had conjured up enough sleepy strength to blow out the few candles that John B had managed to find in the drawers of the kitchen.

The two were soon accompanied by the other pogues who had all been persuaded (some taking more than others) to skip school and spend the day on HMS pogue in the marsh drinking beers and dancing to the music that came out of Renee's phone. The night ended with John B challenging himself with the impossible task of making her seventeenth better than her sixteenth.

And where was she now? lying in the back of Heyward's truck, no where near home — using a sheer blanket as a way to keep her warm whilst JJ's head rested on her shoulder and Benji slept down by her feet. Staring at the blank blueness of the sky, just knowing if her phone wasn't out of battery and if this place in the middle of nowhere had service she would have been receiving an abundance of calls and messages  from both her mom, brother, Fletcher and maybe even Jaylee.

She was at least a day late than she said she would be. in her head, her mom was already packing up her belongings and would be taking her to boarding school the next time she stepped into the house. It was a fate she had accepted but was not ready to live through.

JJ turned over, fading away from her. Another snore leaving his lips — Renee smiled, sitting herself up before pushing his hair out of his face. Another thing she was not ready to leave, knowing how long distance relationships had worked for her lasts time.

Renee quietly slipped her shoes back on, woke Benji and began to walk down the strip of grass that lined the road they were camped out on for the night. Not straying far from the others as she watched the dog run up and down the grassy area.

A yawn escaped her lips as she crossed her arms, feeling her skin tingle as a pair of hands cupped over her eyes. " guess who?" he asked.

Of course she knew exactly who it was, the scent of their faded cologne had been inhaled by her all night. It was a scent that was home to her, taking over the smell of the ocean when she woke up. Because most mornings she woke up with JJ now.

She leant back, her back gently colliding with his chest " Harry styles, have you finally decided you're in love with me?" she fakes an exclaim.

JJ's hands moved from her eyes, and slipped down to wrap around her waist, pulling her closer and allowing his chin to sit comfortably on her shoulder.

" happy birthday pretty girl." he whispered, pressing a kiss to her cheek as Renee moved her own hands to sit over his, intertwining their fingers.

" I'm surprised you remembered." she grinned, JJ faking a scoff " it's a shame we're stuck here, I had a whole day planned."

Renee hummed, letting him continue " yeah, five course meal with a string quartet." he joked as Renee exhaled.

" so I'm translation," she concluded " burgers and fries on my dock and whatever music plays when I shuffled my playlist."

JJ chuckled " exactly." pressing another miss to her cheek as Renee sighed " sounds like a dream."

Renee was turned around by JJ, now facing him as he slung his bag from over his shoulder to be be able to reach into his bag.

" here." JJ rustled into his bag and pulled out a box, it was black and covered in a synthetic soft fuzz that was soon gripped in Renee's fingers as she looked at him with furrowed eyebrows,

" you didn't really think I wouldn't get you anything for your birthday?" Renee looked at him " I'm your boyfriend."

"No it's just- you didn't have to." she told him, he swatted the gesture away.

" shut up and just open your present." Renee obliged, beginning to open the box — a gold shine making Renee's mouth drop as she looked between the necklace and JJ.

A necklace, it had a small gold heart pendant attached to the end. it was engraved to look like the beach with a couple waves. It was beautiful,

" I engraved the little waves." he added, making her eyes look back up. Her smile wide as she looked at him " you engraved it?"

He hummed, delicately flipping the necklace to show a messy engraved 'fkot' in the back.

" it stands for-" be began to explain, but Renee already knew.

" forever kind of thing." she inputted, JJ nodded his expression prideful as Renee felt butterflies race through her stomach.

Renee grinned at him, if heart could be shooting out of her eyes like they did in the cartoons then they would have been.

" J, I love it." she told him, only making him smile more " thank you."

He took it from her " want me to put it on?" he asked as she nodded. Using her hands to lift her hair up, noticing the small pearl pendant that sat on her chest. She moved her hands down to slickly take it off, all without JJ's noticing. Only leaving the small 's' pendant sitting on her chest.

The metal of the necklace was cold against her skin as JJ placed it on her. He let it go as it fell to sit comfortably on her chest. Renee turning around and placing her hands on his cheeks,

" I love you." she spoke softly, JJ smirking as he hummed " I love you too."

Their lips gently collided, Renee's hands moving to sit in JJ's hair, her fingers scrunching his hair between them.

Maybe this birthday wouldn't be as bad as she anticipated.

" WHO EXACTLY ARE THE LIMBREYS?" , JJ hummed as Pope drove down the streets that was leading them closer to the address of the house.

" they're a bunch of fancy people, they've had like three governors in the family." Kiara explained, Renee's eyes fastened to the colonial houses that in the light of the sun looks gorgeous "They've run Charleston for like 300 years."

JJ exhaled, " these kooks make our kooks look like Pogues." he hummed. Once Pope finally pulled up outside the house their heads turned facing the structure as they all took it in. "you sure this the place Pope?" he asked, not diverting his eyes from the house.

"Pretty sure." he replied simply, not taking long before everyone exited the vehicle. Renee followed By JJ who held onto Benni's leash and Pope and Kiara who exited via the opposite side.

Her footsteps stopping as they reached tall black gates that blocked them from entering on their own accord. Renee's eyes panning up as she noticed spikes that sat up the top of each pole. "Talk about home security." JJ said, Kiara and Pope soon standing by them, their eyes lingering on the same thing.

"Those spikes out to keep people out?" he asked, silence lingering in the air a little while longer before Kiara finally answered him with a simple 'no'.

" The slaves quarters are over there." his chin lifting to point them out " those spikes were to keep people in."

A cold shiver ran down Renee's spine, out of instinct reaching for the small heart necklace she had been gifted by the boy stood beside her a couple hours ago. Rubbing the pendant  it in between her fingers, not noticing JJ's small smile as he noticed her action in his peripheral.

"I know I'm saying this a lot now." Renee hummed, following Pope up towards the front door " But, I don't have good feeling about this."

"You never have a good feeling about anything." Kiara hummed, Renee turning her head to look back at her momentaily before shrugging " What can I say? almost dying  multiple times does that to a person."

The casualness of the blonde girls remark made the two boys who stood in front of her exchange a look before turning back around before Renee could notice. Pope exhaling and stepping forward, his fingers wrapping around the door knocker that was shaped as a lion with gold covered metal. Knocking it a couple times, the echoing daunting as the anxious feeling grew in Renee's stomach.

Taking a step back " you think that was too much?" he asked, looking to JJ who nodded " It echoed the entire house that's for sure," he hummed " So they definitely heard it."

Kiara looked to Renee, growing slightly panicked also " Maybe no ones home." she suggested. Pope once again stepping forward to repeat his three knocks, his fingers slipping off the metal as the door opened.

The man did not look friendly, hence why Renee did not even attempt to look welcoming as his eyes scanned the four teenagers ( and one dog). His finger pointing to Pope as a small grin curved on his thin lips " You must be Pope."

"Um.." he began, looking to JJ who gestured for him to continue before speaking again "Are you Mr Limbrey."

"Miss Limbrey was expecting you yesterday." he said, Renee looked to Pope who had began to stumble on his words again.

"His truck broke down on the way here." she stated, shifting the attention to her as she swallowed dryly "lots of smoke and not a lot of phone signal." she told him.

His eyebrows furrowing " and you are?" he asked.

"Uh..Renee." she said, noticing his shift in look that was meaning he was asking her full name " Renee Lowe." she told him. A expression shift that could easily be noticed by everyone.

" She was real upset when you didn't show up." shifting his attention back to Pope, Kiara stepping forward slightly " we were gonna call, but there's no number on the invitation."

"we got here as fast as we could." she finished, there no was shift in the man's expression but once again looked back to Pope.

"She also expected you to come alone." he stated,

"I mean.." Pope started " these are my friends, they helped find the Royal Merchant too so I-"

" The instructions were explicit." he cut him off, " So your friends can stay outside." finally offering a sardonic smile of sorts.

JJ scoffed " We're sort of a package deal man." he told him, soon being interjected by Pope who looked at him.

"JJ, it's ok." he reassured " I got this."

The blonde looked hesitant at first, but soon nodded and accepted the fact Pope would have to do this alone. " I'll be good." he said, looking round to the two girls who nodded and smiled.

" We're right here if you need us." Renee said, although Pope's main attention was on the brunette who stood behind her.

" Keep the car running." he told Kiara, his hand taking hers momentarily before letting go and leaving the rest of them on the porch.

" IF LIMBREYS LEGIT." Kiara hummed, turning her head along with Renee and JJ at the sight of Pope exiting the home and into the garden of the property.

" Then ward gets arrested and maybe Sarah gets the gold." she said, eyes still focused on Pope as Renee exhaled.

" does that look voluntary?" Renee asked, eyebrows furrowing as Pope was pushed onwards by the man who had greeted them at the door only a few minutes ago.

" that would be a negative." JJ said, the blonde girl reaching for the door handle " come on." she said.

Feeling a slight force pushing her back, turning her head as she noticed JJ's hand on shoulders " wait, hold on, hold on."

Her eyebrows furrowing " what?" she asked her boyfriend who continued to watch Pope and who he presumed was as Miss Limbrey.

" They're going into the back alley." He took his hand off as she began to start up the truck " go round back?" Kiara hummed, grasping JJ's idea.

" yeah, we'll meet them on the other side." JJ told them. Beginning to drive around, Renee wiping her hands on her legs as she exhaled. Looking at the back end of the buildings but with nothing showing any presence either Pope or any of the adults he was just with.

" look, where did they go?" Kiara questioned, " what If they went underground?" JJ asked, still maintaining his eye contact with the road.

" Because in chud, when they took people down into the sewers." He began to ramble, only creating more panic in his girlfriend who sat beside him " it would turn human into humanoids cause of the radiation."

" and then all of a sudden—" he continued, before Renee reached for his hand " babe, focus that doesn't make any sense." she sighed.

" right. Sorry. Did you see him?" He said, Renee's head turning to look at Kiara who shook her head answering with a simple "no."

JJ picked up the speed, circling around the row of houses. Eventually pulling into a side street, the sound is grunt spiking Renee's interests.

" wait, guys I think I heard something." she said, tapping JJ on the shoulder to get him to stop driving, stopping abruptly in this street. Renee urged him out of the truck, her and Kiara following soon after.

" Pope!" Renee called out, noticing the top half of his figure appear over the side of the wall. A small amount of hope filling in him before He was forced back down.

" did you see him?" JJ asked, Renee nodding as she eagerly scanned for a way into the property, " come on, kind a way in." she instructed.

Her feet fast as she scaled a wall to the left of where she had seen Pope only a few seconds ago. Renee's fear for her friend seemingly over taking her strategy for how exactly she was going to overpower a older, stronger if Pope was struggling.

But she wasn't think about it as she ran through an opening and landed in the battle zone. Both fighters on the floor and a side battle for the only weapon that wasn't their fists. The gust of wind that flew past her as JJ raced in front, kicking the taser away from the opponent, Renee bending down and picking it up.

" We need to go!" she called out, JJ turning his head from his girlfriend to Pope. Who looked up at the blonde, panting. The calls for them needing to leave were ignored as he gave a final punch to the man.

Renee and Kiara already having left, scaling the same wall — Renee ignoring the small scrape of her hands against the rugged brick.

Getting into the car beside Kiara, Benji awoken from his beforehand peaceful nap and was instead not so pleasantly greeted by the chaos of the teenagers. In the amidst of all their shouting they had clarified that in fact the Limbreys were 'crazy as shut' and that they should in fact never have gone.

JJ raced down the streets of Charleston, Renee still trying to regain her breath as she turned her head with a small glint of fear in his eyes " guys, that dudes following us!" she stated.

JJ turning onto a side lane, " this is a one way!" Pope told JJ, each time he said it growing more concerned until finally Kiara and Pope shouted it to him.

Renee could feel her heart catch in her throat, as she turned back around. Eyes widening as a car who driving head on with Heyward's truck.

It was a blur of shouting and car horns, Renee placed back into reality as JJ sharply turned right. Noticing two people run out onto the road " JJ! Look out!" she rose her voice, driving past without anyone getting hurt.

" get out the damn road!" He turned his head momentarily, to face the two people be known to the fact that it was in fact John B and Sarah.

Continuing down the roads, " where are we going?" Pope asked, JJ's teeth tethered into his bottom lip as he concentrated on what his next play would be.

" hang on, Imma lose him." he reassured them. Making a sharp turn into an alley. Renee gripping onto his arm to stop herself from falling back.

If in fact it couldn't get worse, the carburettor ( which Renee had just payed almost four hundred dollars to fix) began to hiss again, smoke obstructing their vision. As the car began to lag in the middle of the alley way.

" he said he fixed the carburettor!" JJ exclaimed, clearly agitated " you said he fixed it!" his question aimed at Pope.

" he did!" Pope shouted back, the chaos intensified as through petty insults being thrown back and forth the hall climbed out of the truck. Renee holding onto Benji's leash.

" number one rule. Never trust mechanics!" JJ called out, reaching into the back and grabbing his and Renee's bags before placing them over his shoulder.

Their heads turning at the sight of the same car entering the alley behind them. " we gotta go!" Renee began to rush her friends.

Benji unlike everyone else was enjoying this spontaneous run. Renee following everyone as she paced herself. Turning her head as she noticed a black metal object being taken out of his jacket

" guys, I'm pretty sure he's got a gun!" the blonde shouted out to her friends. " shit get down!" JJ shouted back. Pope and Kiara urging their friend to keep up with them. JJ instructing them into the alleyway, Renee feeling the breathlessness closing in on her.

" I think I'm cramping!" Pope exhaled heavily, continuing down the back row of some houses — Benji's determination to keep up with others was helping considering he was practically pulling Renee along with him.

" this way! we might have to split up." JJ said, continuing to lead them, turning left and continuing to run. " I don't know where to go okay? We gotta lose them!" he called back through pants.

Colliding with a postman, creating a momentary rain of parcels and envelopes. " sorry!" the teenagers called, not being able to stop to help him recollect them.

A few metres longer, there was a slim alleyway "here, here, here!" JJ began to run down the street. Renee turning her head, letting the ache of her legs and feet get her in her head too much but she followed, she could feel the heat of the sun as well as her being inappropriately dressed for the occasion.

It was blur, if heavy breathing, of hearing her heart beat in her ears. Of JJ shouting at her to keep up, of being able to feel the presence of the man gaining on her but not strong enough to turn and face him.

But it all stopped. Every single thing she had been worrying about stopped the second when she collided with JJ's side, and she looked up.

And there they stood. John B and Sarah, alive and safe dressed in the same clothes so much so it was like they had never left. More specifically, they sat less than a metre in front of her.

They were home.

AUTHORS NOTE.
eek!! pogue reunion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 21K 62
FORMERLY PARADISE. ' I thought we had no chance And that's romance, let's dance' โƒ— in which renee lowe and jj maybank begin a secret relationship w...
67.4K 928 39
๐˜ผ ๐˜ฝ๐™๐™€๐˜ผ๐™† ๐™๐™‹ is never the best way to begin summer holidays, but maybe Lauren and her new Pogue friends weren't ready for what was coming...
233K 2.1K 18
โœ— DISCONTINUED ~ be careful what you search for rafe cameron x fem!oc [ obx season 1 ]
344K 4.2K 38
ยซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐ข๐๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐’๐š๐ฆ?ยป ยซ ๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ? ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ยป She had never told her secret to anyone, but maybe...