𝐀 𝐑𝐒𝐝𝐝π₯𝐞

By Brrussels

Y/N Riddle is a new student attending Hogwarts. After a controversial beginning of being the son of Voldemort... More

Sorcerer's Stone
Chapter 1: Wizarding World
Chapter 2: Diagon Alley
Chapter 3: The Hogwarts Express
Chapter 5: The Third Floor Corridor
Chapter 6: Good or Bad
Chapter 7: The Trapdoor
The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 1: Back to the Chamber
Chapter 2: Horcruxes and Howlers
Chapter 3: Lilderoy Gockhart
Chapter 4: Fracturus
Chapter 5: Recovery
Chapter 6: Sharp Claws
Chapter 7: The Spirit of Grindelwald
A/N (Please Read!)
Not an Update

Chapter 4: Hogwarts

1.8K 61 14
By Brrussels

About thirty second before the train started up, Aurora and I were joined by a black haired by with glasses and a boy with flaming red hair. Aurora started to talk to them while I simply pretended they didn't exist.

"Holy broomstick, you're Harry Potter!" Aurora exclaimed. The red haired boy stared at 'Harry Potter' in awe. Aurora turned to me. "Y/N! Can you believe it! We're sitting in the same compartment as Harry Potter!"

"Wonderful," I said emotionlessly, not peering over my book. Aurora let out a huff and snatched the third year book out of my hands.

"Oi, you nerd!" she said. "At least greet the boy!"

I sighed as I extended my hand towards Harry Potter. "Y/N Riddle," I said. As soon as the words escaped my mouth, Harry's hand flew to his head and his winced in pain.

"What's wrong?" the red haired boy said.

"My scar is burning," Harry replied. The red haired boy turned to glare at me. I just rolled my eyes, snatched my book back from Aurora, and resumed reading.

After a few minutes, a lady pushing a trolley filled with candy and other sweets knocked on our closed compartment door—I'll take the blame for that—and asked us if we wanted anything. I completely ignored her as Harry Potter pulled out what seemed to be around five to ten galleons. Next thing I knew, the compartment floor was littered with candy wrappers.

"This is Scabbers," the red haired boy asked Harry, completely ignoring Aurora. "Fred told me a spell to turn him yellow. Want to see?"

"Sure," Harry replied. The red haired boy swallowed the last of the candy in his mouth and cleared his throat. He pointed his mahogany colored want at the rat and was about to say the incantation before a brown haired girl appeared in the doorway.

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville has lost his," she said. Her gaze drifted towards the red haired boy's wand and she immediately inflated. "Are you doing magic? Let's see then."

I peeked over my book as the boy started to recite the incantation, "Sunshine, daises, butter mellow, turn this stupid, fat rat yellow!"

The best that it did was prevent Scabbers from eating anymore candy as the packet he was eating was immediately flung off of him. I saw Hermione start to open her mouth to talk but I cut her off.

"That's not the proper incantation," I said from behind my book.

"What was that?" I heard the red haired boy say in a more annoyed and angry tone.

"I said that the incantation you uttered was properly, incorrect," I replied, dropping the book so that I could make eye contact with the boy. 

As soon as Hermione saw me, she nearly deflated—knowing that she wasn't the smartest in the room—and looked at me intently.

"Well if you're so clever, you try! Go on," he said. I took out my sleek, black yew wand and pointed at the oversized rat.

"Colovaria," I said in a calm voice. A yellow flash came out of my wand as Scabbers turned the color of the sun. I saw Harry gasp in awe and the red haired boy let out an annoyed huff before proceeding to forcefully shove Scabbers in his pocket.

I fought down a triumphant smirk as I put my wand back in my cloak pocket. I then proceeded to read my book again.

"That was a very nice demonstration, Y/N," Hermione said, now animated. "I've only done a few simple spells but they've all worked for me." She walked into the compartment and took a seat next to Aurora.

"For example," she said taking out her wand and pointing it at Harry's glasses, "Oculus Repairo!" The tape on Harry's glasses flew off to reveal a perfectly repaired surface and the cracks in his glasses also vanished. Harry took off his glasses and inspected them with an expression of pure awe. He looked at the red haired boy with shock.

"You all should probably change into your robes; I expect we'll arrive soon," Hermione said standing up. I snapped my fingers and my outfit was exchanged for the new, clean Hogwarts robes.

"Woah," Hermione breathed, "you have to teach me that."

"Hey, could you do the same for me?" Aurora asked. I rolled my eyes as I twirled my finger and her outfit changed into Hogwarts robes. Aurora nearly squealed with excitement.

"You've got dirt on your nose," Hermione said to the red haired boy. "Just there."

***

When we arrived at Hogwarts we were greeted by a half giant whose name was supposedly Hagrid who ushered us to a fleet of small rowboats. The funny thing was, the rowboats didn't have any oars.

"Four to a boat!" Hagrid called out. Aurora, Harry, Ron—I finally found out his name—and I sat in a boat. Ron nodded at me—he finally got over me showing him up on the train—while Harry brought a head to his forehead upon making eye contact with me.

I had completely zoned until I heard Aurora gasp. "What is it?" I asked her. Aurora pointed a finger and I followed her gaze to find the most beautiful castle in the entire world.

"Hogwarts," I heard Ron breathe. I was still in awe at the size of the place. We moved at a steady pace towards the castle that I had enough time to pull my eyes away from the castle and start thinking about the sorting ceremony.

I hope I get sorted into Gryffindor, I thought. Ravenclaw didn't sound too bad either; all I knew was that I didn't want to be in Slytherin or Hufflepuff. First of all, I didn't want to be a Hufflepuff because—from the texts I've read—they don't get much respect and I didn't want to be a Slytherin because then I'd be instantly antagonized by the entire school.

I thrown out of my thoughts by Aurora as she had yanked my arm from the boat and pulled me onto the castle grounds of Hogwarts.

I'll be the one to say that the school was even better up close. The eves of the great castle seemed to almost glitter in the air. Hagrid ushered us into the castle and up a long staircase. When we got to the top of said staircase, there was a woman waiting for us. If you looked up the word witch in the dictionary, you'd see this woman. She looked like all the magical witches from novels. Her pointed hat and green robes made sure of that.

"Firs'-years, Professor McGonagall," Hagrid said.

"Thank you, Hagrid, I'll take them from here," Professor McGonagall said. She lead us into what I supposed was the Entrance Hall and she paused at a set of large, medieval looking doors. She took this chance to introduce herself—or the castle, should I say.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," Professor McGonagall said. "In a few moments you will walk through these doors and join your classmates but before you can do that, you will be sorted. When you are at this school, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points, while any rule-breaking will lose you points. There are four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. The Sorting Ceremony will start shortly. Please wait quietly as we get everything ready for you."

McGonagall walked through the doors as the students waited nervously. "How exactly will they sort us?" I heard Harry whisper to Ron.

"I don't know," Ron replied. "I think it's some sort of test. Fred said it hurt a lot."

I saw Harry's face pale considerably. I smirked, already knowing what the 'test' was. Unlike my fellow classmates, I had read about the four founders of Hogwarts and I knew that they all put a spell on a hat that would sort the first-years.

"What're you smiling about?" I heard Aurora whisper to me.

"Nothing," I said, waving her off. We waited in silence for precisely sixteen seconds (I like to count) before I heard a voice.

"It's true then!" I heard voice say. I followed the sound to find a platinum blonde haired boy staring at Harry. "What they say on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

I rolled my green eyes as I heard numerous people whisper about the boy. "This is Crabbe and Goyle," the boy said, gesturing at the two boys who looked like they ate too many sweets last Halloween, "and I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

I heard Ron snort. Draco's cold gaze shifted to Ron. "Think my name is funny, do you? No need to ask yours," he said. "Red hair, and hand-me-down robes? You must be a Weasley." Draco turned back to Harry. "You'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." he extended a hand. Harry matched his icy cold gaze.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks," Harry replied coldly. At that precise moment, McGonagall walked back into the hall. She tapped Draco's shoulder with a rolled up piece of parchment.

"We're ready for you," she said vaguely.

We all walked through the doors to find one of the most magnificent halls I've ever seen. I saw four tables—which I assumed were to seat the four houses—as we strolled between the two middle tables. We all waited in a crowd at the front of the room as Professor McGonagall stood next to a stool with a hat on it. McGonagall tapped it slightly and, almost as if it had been woken up, it became animated. It suddenly opened it's mouth and began to sing.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty, but don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me. You can keep your black, your top hats sleek and tall, for I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat and I can cap them all. There's nothing hidden in your head The Sorting Hat can't see, so try me on and I will tell you where you ought to be. You might belong in Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve, and chivalry set Gryffindors apart; you might belong in Hufflepuff, where they are just and loyal, those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil; or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning, will always find their kind; or perhaps in Slytherin where you'll make your real friends, those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends. So put me on! Don't be afraid! And don't get in a flap! You're in safe hands (though I have none) for I'm a Thinking Cap!"

I nearly fell asleep during the song but was woken up with the obnoxiously loud sound of clapping. Professor McGonagall unraveled the parchment she was holding and began reading off names from the list.

I basically zoned out until we got close to the letter 'R' which was the starting letter of my last name. The only thing I knew was that Hermione Granger was sorted into Gryffindor which kind of surprised me—I always thought she'd be a Ravenclaw.

"Prott, Aurora!" I heard McGonagall call. I felt Aurora's nervous aura flicker as she walked from me to the stool. McGonagall placed the The Sorting Hat on her head and after a few minutes...

"GRYFFINDOR!"

I felt myself smile as I saw Aurora walk excitedly towards the Gryffindor table. McGonagall glanced back at her list and called the name we'd all been waiting for.

"Potter, Harry!"

Whispers erupted throughout the hall as Harry Potter walked towards the stool. As soon as the hat was plopped on his head, the hall was instantly silent. Even Albus Dumbledore stood up to watch Harry. 

It was almost five minutes of arguing, recommending, and praying before The Sorting Hat finally bellowed, "GRYFFINDOR!"

I wide smile spread across Harry's face as he joined Hermione and Aurora. When McGonagall looked at the paper, something odd happened. There was fear in McGonagall's eyes.

"R-Riddle, Y/N!" she said cautiously. I made my way up to the stool as McGonagall's eyes traced me like a falcon. She looked over at Dumbledore with worry in her eyes. Dumbledore himself didn't look too calm either as I sat down on the stool.

"Another Riddle!" The Sorting Hat exclaimed, louder than I was comfortable with. "Your father was great you know. It was too bad that he turned out to be... never mind that. You have the creativity and brains of a Ravenclaw, and courage of a Gryffindor, but there is one house that jumps to mind when I see you. SLYTHERIN!"

There was silence. McGonagall looked even more worried. Dumbledore looked at me wearily before putting an artificial smile on his face. I walked over to the far table as I sat next to Draco Malfoy.

"Y/N Riddle, huh," he said smiling. He extended a hand. "I think we're going to be great friends."

(A/N: I'm not entirely sure what I'm going off of. I'm basically going to do some of the movies, some of the books, and a little bit of just me. Enjoy!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

778 85 30
ᡃ ᢠⁱʳ˒ᡗ ᡖᡉʳ˒ᡒⁿ Λ’α΅—α΅’Κ³ΚΈ α΅ƒα΅‡α΅’α΅˜α΅— ᡐʸ α΅’αΆœ ᡃˑᡃ˒ᡗᡒʳ Κ³β±α΅ˆα΅ˆΛ‘α΅‰ - 𝐎𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐠 - "πš‚πš•πš’πšπš‘πšŽπš›πš’πš—!" πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš‘πšŠπš πšŒπšŠπš•πš•πšŽπš 𝚘𝚞𝚝 πš‹πšŽπšπš˜πš›πšŽ πš’πš πšŒπš˜πšžπš•...
9K 321 14
The first year of an adventure that helps you discover who you really are -- A witch Getting the letter of acceptance at Hogwarts school discovering...
6.8K 165 49
A Harry Potter Fanfiction. Athens Riddle. Daughter of Tom Riddle, aka Lord Voldemort. She hates her father and is very open to everyone who knows. S...