The Wolf, The Lion, and The D...

By PhoenixWolf7Fox

Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that h... More

Bio
Ch.1 The Next Step
Ch.2 Remembrance
Ch.3 Of Runaways and Stowaways
Ch.4 Family
Ch.6 Tipping Point
Ch.7 Punished
Ch.8 A Much Need Talk
Ch.9 Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back
Ch.10 Kuroyuri
Ch.11 Taking Control
Ch.12 No Safe Haven

Ch.5 Menagerie

13 0 0
By PhoenixWolf7Fox

Brisa's Pov

An air horn sounds loudly. The offramp is slowly lowered on the ship bearing Blake, me and Sun to allow passengers to disembark. The town has many small buildings and homes set among dunes and palm trees. A loud clanging of a bell from the town bell is heard ringing from its belfry.

Sun and Blake make their way from the deck to the offramp. Blake proceeds without pause while Sun stopped to look at the town.

Sun: "Huh."

Several Faunus in summer wears meander casually at the dock, some waiting for friends or family among the new arrivals. The dock is also a commercial area, with mobile kiosks selling food and other wares. It is a relaxed atmosphere on a sunny day.

Sun is looking around while he, me, and Blake disembark and walk through the market area together.

Sun: "I've never seen so many Faunus in one place!"

Blake: "This is the one place everyone can feel safe, no matter who or what they are."

Sun: "Wow, sure is, uh, crowded, huh?"

Blake: "Yes. Yes, it is."

Sun: "Is it always so... cramped?"

Blake: "Well, when you try and take an entire species and put them on an island that's two-thirds desert, yeah, it tends to be cramped."

Sun: "Are Faunus kind the only ones living in here?"

Brisa: "Pretty much, yes."

Sun: "Wait! You guys have that much more space? Why waste it? A little desert never hurt anyone!"

Blake: "It's not like the desert in Vacuo, Sun. The wildlife here is more dangerous than most other regions."

Sun: "So, they give us a terrible island, in the corner of Remnant, to try and shut us up."

Blake: "That's a pretty good summary, yeah."

Sun: "Huh. Jerks."

Blake: "We try to make the best of things."

The three of us pause in our walk to look at the view of the town the road affords. The road they are on goes downhill and to the side, bordered by palm trees and homes that have either canvas or wood roofs. The vista of palm trees spreads out to the edge of mountainous dunes in the distance. Right in the middle of all this is a large house with an open courtyard that the road appears to lead directly to.

Sun: "Whoa...

Blake: "This, is Kuo Kuana."

Sun: "It's... beautiful. I take it all back. This place looks great! Why would anyone ever want to leave?"

Blake: "That's not the point, Sun! We asked to be equal, to be treated just like everyone else! Instead, we were given an island and told to make do. So we did the best we could. We came together and we made a home where any Faunus could feel welcome."

Brisa: "I remember coming here, but this town, will always be a reminder that we're still not equal. That we're still second-class citizens."

I thought that was wrong since Menagerie is supposed to be a "safe haven", but my kind says that it is more like a prison. They're not wrong though.

Sun: (putting his hand on my shoulder) "Well, hey, this guy's feeling pretty at home."

Me, despite having a gloomy demeanour, irritatingly removed Sun's hand from my shoulder and walked a few steps in front of them.

Brisa: "You won't for long."

There was an awkward silence between the three of us, before decided to break the uncomfortable ice.

Blake: "Alright, time to go home."

Sun: "Oh yeah? Which one's yours? Can you see it from here?"

He wraps his arm to her shoulder, pulling her in. I rolled my eyes as I watches Sun uses his free hand like a visor to help him, peer, at the houses.

Blake: "Kind of."

Sun: "Is it that one? What about that tiny one down there? I like the paint job."

Blake sighs, taking Sun's intruding arm by the wrist and directing it toward the large house.

Blake: "It's... that one."

Sun stares for a second before pointing his finger at her with a questioning expression. Blake nods. Sun looks at her for a beat before taking his arm off her and stepping back. He covers the sides of his head and crouches a bit, staring wide-eyed at the house and making a comical, amazing noise. I, on the other hand, just had a neutral expression on my face.

Brisa: "Oh. Then let's go."

I says so in a blunt manner and starts walking down towards the house.

Sun: "Oh, come on Brisa! Why the killjoy? Back then you used to—"

But when Sun notices my silence, he stops mid-sentence, thinking he might've done something wrong. But upon, closer inspection, I just had a downcast look on my face. Sun whispers to Blake.

Sun: "So, what are we going to do about, Brisa?"

Blake had an uneasy look on her face as she responds.

Blake: "Bri's changed, Sun. You heard her. I think... I think it's best if she's better off like that for now."

Sun notices how Blake greatly saddened her as she said that. Blake and Sun caught up with me as we walk up the stone steps to the front door of the house. Blake hesitates when she moves to use the knocker.

Sun: "What is it?"

Blake: "I um... it's just been a long time since I've seen my parents."

Sun: "Well, you came all this way."

Blake takes a quick breath of courage and bangs the door knocker. It makes a loud, heavy, resonating sound on the large door, surprising me a bit. Sun stares up, stepping back while Blake politely backs away from the door a few paces.

Sun: "Okay, if we're being honest, that's kind of intimidating."

Me, Sun and Blake give start at the sound of the door being opened. Kali Belladonna, a short, female cat Faunus is behind it, looking around at the visitors. Her ears perk and she moves the door out of the way so she can step forward when she recognizes her daughter. She stares at her almost in disbelief.

Kali: "Blake?"

Blake awkwardly lifts her arm in greeting her mother.

Blake: "Hi, mom."

Kale steps forward and hugs her daughter.

Kali: "My baby girl."

Blake hesitates, uncertain for a moment, before her face gentles into a smile and she hugs her mother back.

They stand in front of the open doorway. I hear footsteps come closer and a shadow falls onto the carpeted entryway. Kali lets go of Blake and turn behind her at the sound of her husband's voice.

Ghira: "Kali? Who is it?"

Ghira stands with his hands on his hips, waiting to greet the visitor. His quizzical expression changes to wide-eyed surprise, before his hands, shoulders, and face all fall in a clear, emotional reaction to the sight of his daughter coming home.

Sun sees this and grins, pleased at Blake's welcome as he turns to look at how she's taking it. Blake has her hands clasped in front of her, awaiting her father's reaction. Kali has not let go, with her hands supportively on Blake's shoulder and arm.

Ghira says nothing, but smiles, clearly happy. Blake smiles back, relieved. She and Sun exchange sideways glances. For a moment, Ghira takes notice of me beside Sun. He notices my wolf ears and wolf-panther tail and my half-blue half- brown eye. His eyes widened in shock as he recognized me as a Garcia, the resistance's leader's daughter.

Sun, Blake, and Kali were confused at the sudden change in Ghira's face. They looked at what he was looking at, only to find out he was looking at me. Kali then notices my physical traits. She stands beside her husband, bowing simultaneously at me.

I looked dumbstruck at the sudden gesture, frantically shaking my head and waving my hands in front of me.

Brisa: "N-no, no, no, no! P-Please! N-No need for the formalities, Mr. and Mrs Belladonna."

Through my insistence, they both stood up, before Blake asks them:

Blake: "How come you know her?"

Kali: "Oh, we don't know her, but based on her Faunus traits and eye colour, we do know who her parents are."

Timeskip

Sun: "Come on, Brisa. Cheer up! I mean, we're at your best friend's home."

Ever since the three of us have acquainted ourselves inside the large house, Sun was hopelessly trying to me cheer up, which only annoyed me more and more.

Brisa: "And? What else is there to cheer up about, huh?"

Sun: "Uh... Meeting Blake's parents..?"

I just glared at him intensely, making Sun admit defeat in not being able to cheer me up at all. Kali finally arrives, holding a tea set and sets it down on the table. After that, she sits down beside Blake, who gives a questioning look at her daughter, no doubt about the way I acts.

Blake: "Don't worry about Bri, mom. She's just changed a little. That's all."

Kali: "And what do you mean by that?"

She says as she serves the tea to each of them. I overhears the conversation thanks to my hearing, cutting Blake off before she could even respond with an answer.

Brisa: "I.... was naive, Mrs. Belladonna. I guess you could say I used to be optimistic and sarcastic to realise... something. But after the Fall of Beacon, it told me to stop being stupid or I'm gonna get hurt or worse killed."

Kali: "I see."

Kali sets down her cup on the table.

Kali: "I'm sorry you had to witness all that, Brisa. We were horrified when we heard the news. The Kingdom of Vale isn't perfect, but it certainly didn't deserve what happened. Oh, we were both so worried."

Ghira: "Please, I knew she'd be fine!"

Kali: (scoffing) "That isn't the slightest bit true. You should have seen him pacing."

Sun: "You guys have nothing to worry about. I've seen your daughter in action before! And trust me, she's got some moves!"

Blake, who was sipping from her cup while Sun spoke, abruptly lifts her head and swallows at his last choice of words. I planted my face in my palms and sighed as Ghira glares at the young man on his right.

Ghira: "And what exactly do you mean by that, Mr. Wukong?"

Sun freezes and slowly turns toward his host.

Sun: "I... uh, well, you see sir, it's just that, you know, that she's such a good fighter and all, uh, and as a fellow fighter, I have a lot of respect for her..."

Kali: (leaning in to ask quietly) "Why is he here again?"

Blake: "He just kind of followed us home."

Sun: "...because of her fighting. Not her looks. I mean, not to say she's not good-looking. She is! Very! Or..."

Kali: "I see."

Sun: "...slightly, I mean she's definitely above average."

Sun struggles for words as me and all three Belladonnas watch him and wait for him to either get out of the hole he just talked himself into or keep digging.

In the awkward silence, Sun uses his tail to pick up the tea kettle and pour some more tea into his cup.

Sun: "This tea is really good."

Sun takes a sip from his cup of tea, laughing sheepishly.

Brisa: "Ignore whatever that idiot says he has a girlfriend."

I grumbled as I takes a sip from my tea. Kali leans towards her as she speaks not quite quietly enough for an aside.

Kali: "I like him, he's funny."

Blake: "Mom!"

The loud sound of the front door knocker resonates, catching everyone's attention.

Ghira: "Darn it, I completely forgot about the meeting!"

Ghira hits his fist onto the table and Kali quickly covers it with her hand.

Kali: "Ghira..."

Ghira: "Give me a moment."

He gets up and walks out.

Blake: "Is everything okay?"

Kali: "Yes, dear, just poor timing. He can reschedule. It's just been hard dealing with them lately."

Blake: "Dealing with who?"

Kali: "Hmm? The White Fang."

Surprised, they rise up from their feet.

Sun, Brisa & Blake: "WHAT?!"

Blake and Sun rush to the door, where Ghira is speaking with two fox Faunus. The two visitors maintain respectful, formal postures, keeping their hands clasped before them.

Blake: "Dad!"

Ghira: "Blake, what's wrong?"

Faunus with Fox Tail: "Miss Belladonna."

Faunus with Fox Ears: "We had no idea you'd returned."

Every time either one of the two Fox Faunus speaks, they gesture with their hands and end by clasping their hands before their chests again. I slowly caught up with the two and approached them. Upon recognition, the two Fox Faunus bows in respect, placing a fist in the middle of their chest.

Faunus with Fox Tail: "Mistress Lycandra."

Faunus with Fox Ears: "It is a surprise to see you here."

Instead of greeting them back, I just growl at them.

Blake: "What are you doing talking to these people?"

Ghira: "This is Corsac and Fennec Albain. They represent the White Fang here in Menagerie now."

Sun: "Those psychos are here, too?!"

Fennec: "Young man, I'm not sure what you've heard of our organization, but I can assure you, we're not nearly as ferocious as the media would have you believe."

Blake: "What we've heard? We've seen firsthand. Your fanatics slaughtered people!"

Ghira: "What is she talking about?"

Corsac: "Precisely what we came to discuss with you, Your Grace."

Kali soon arrives a little while after, joining up with the rest.

Kali: "Is everything alright?"

Sun: "Wait, you guys seriously don't know?"

Ghira: "Know what?"

Blake:" The White Fang was at the Fall of Beacon."

Brisa: "These... guys attacked innocent people. They were the ones that released Grimm into the school!"

There is a brief silence. Fennec makes an innocent, sideways glance at his brother. Ghira slowly turns to face the two White Fang representatives.

Ghira: "Is this true?"

Fennec: "Sadly, Your Grace, it is."

Blake: "Don't act like you're s—"

Ghira: "That's enough! Explain yourselves."

Corsac: "Though it pains us to admit, it has become apparent that the Vale branch of the White Fang is no longer operating under orders of High Leader Khan. Rather, they've elected to follow the rule of one Adam Taurus. I believe you're all familiar with the young adept and his... extreme philosophies."

Adam did I hear that right Adam is the one who rules I looked down with fear and anger since Adam betrayed me and told my secrets to the others.

Brisa: "....A-A-Adam..."

Sun: "You know, Beacon wasn't the first time the Fang started shooting up Vale!"

Fennec: "The High Council had their suspicions of a splinter group, but they could prove nothing until this latest incident."

Blake: "'Incident'? People are dead!"

Corsac: "And it is a tragedy."

Fennec: "Your Grace, we came to assure you that Brother Taurus and his followers do not represent the will of the White Fang."

Ghira: "And how can I be sure of that?"

Corsac: "We understand if you bear any scepticism towards these claims. The White Fang's tactics are admittedly, more aggressive since you stepped down as High Leader and became Chieftain of Menagerie. But this, this is no way to make our message heard."

Fennec: "We have ample documentation from the council meeting, as well as several strategies to apprehend and punish these strays if you care to review them."

Ghira: "I will, but another day. I'd like some time to reconnect with my daughter."

Corsac: "But of course, Your Grace."

Fennec: "We completely understand."

The Fox Faunus brothers then turn towards me.

Fennec: "It admits us to ask, Mistress Lycandra, but we want you to help in continuing what your mother did in supporting the White Fang before it became..... violent, or so you would like to say."

Corsac: "If possible, we would also like to you persuade your mother, as well as her friends and family, who were left out of growing to their cynicism. Your optimism could prove your parents wrong about the White Fang."

They all looked at me, waiting for my response.

Brisa: "My mother, and her friends left because they know the trust of how bad this world is. And just for the record, the old Brisa is gone."

Corsac: "But—"

My usually calm blueish-brown and black demonic eyes turns fierce.

Brisa: "I'm not stupid! I don't know if I can trust you. Get. out."

Blake gave me an impressed look as the brothers nearly reeled back from my outburst, but they kept their composure and decided to distract themselves by talking to Blake.

Fennec: "It was a pleasure to see you again, young Blake."

Corsac: "We were saddened when we heard of your departure from the White Fang, but understand if you can no longer support our cause."

Fennec: "It is a wearying fight, after all."

Blake: "Who says I'm done fighting?"

Corsac: "Hmm... If you ever do wish to return, you need merely come find us."

Fennec: "Sister Ilia would be elated."

The brothers then turn to me again as they bring a warning to her.

Fennec: "Although we must warn you, Mistress Lycandra. We've heard that the Atlas Military Forces are still out hunting for you."

Ghira: "Goodbye, gentlemen."

He firmly closes the door on them. Kali moves to stand closer and face her husband.

Sun: "So... those guys were creepy."

Ghira: "I really don't like you."

Kali: "What did they mean you were being hunted, Brisa?"

I refuses to talk and just sighs heavily as I walked off, Kali heard me mutter:

Brisa: "I just don't want to be arrested by Atlas and be stuck like that for a mistake that hurt others and seeing my family's sympathy for me because I couldn't control what I did."

Back at the tavern in Higanbana, the waitress is seen scrubbing the floor. The sound of approaching footsteps ceases when a voice addresses her, making the waitress look up, and sees a somewhat psychotic man, in a clock hood.

Tyrian: "Excuse me. I was hoping you could... help us find someone."

Tyrian laughs maniacally.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256 7 9
The second volume of the story which will still follow the timeline of the original product. PS: This is my first fanfic so it may contain errors. En...
224 0 14
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in the...
251 0 11
The continued story of Team PWWR, as they follow Team RWBY'S investigation, on the White Fang. This is a RWBY x OCs story. Everything belongs to Mon...
150K 1.5K 11
This is a story that went into my head and after reading a story kinda related to this and I will upload the bio of your gear, and in this story will...