Lonely Rabbit

By dinorocket5

Izuku, more well known as Rabbit, is finally enjoying his life after years of hell. Now, he gets to save peop... More

Chapter 1: The Day Things Changed
Chapter 2: A Night of Work
Chapter 3: First Real Friend
Chapter 4: Plans for the Future
Chapter 5: Detective and Training
Chapter 6: Eraser meets Rabbit
Chapter 7: Time Flies
Chapter 8: Back Off
Chapter 9: Resurfacing Memories
Chapter 10: Taking Action
Chapter 11: Shinso Saved
Chapter 13: School Talk
Chapter 14: Haunting Nerves
Chapter 15: Anticipation
Chapter 16: Arriving at UA
Chapter 17: Exam
Chapter 18: Acceptance
Chapter 19: UA
Chapter 20: Proposition/Combat Exercise
Chapter 21: Classes
Chapter 22: USJ Part 1
Chapter 23: USJ Part 2
Chapter 24: Back to School
Chapter 25: Gearing Up
Chapter 26: Sports Festival Start

Chapter 12: Hero Family

2.4K 93 28
By dinorocket5

Eraser had thankfully kept up with Izuku, ahem, Rabbit about Shinso's case and how his friend was doing (Even if Hitoshi was texting him about it himself). Apparently Mic had been more than happy to take him in an also lent a hand to the case. It wasn't even 12 hours later that he had received a message from Eraser that they were making a move. It also helped that Izuku had used his spy fly to get some evidence of the parents ranting to themselves about Hitoshi and how they were going to treat him when he got home that morning. Not very subtle about it either.

At noon, Izuku asked to leave work early and watched from a nearby alley as Eraserhead arrested the two ex-foster parents. According to the texts the hero sent, President Mic had wanted to come as well, but ended up staying home with Hitoshi. It was a good call, based on how Mic had furiously helped with the case as soon as he heard it, the man was angry and as much as they all wanted to, they could not punch the people. Aizawa probably wanted to as well, but he has a bit more control over his anger.

The two of them were missing from the coffee shop for 4 days. Sure, it made Izuku a bit sad and dare he say lonely, but Hitoshi was finally getting help and that's all that mattered. The trial was held, and Hitoshi had to get settled into his new home with the heroes after they signed the papers, and he was officially apart of their family.

Finally, they came back to the coffee shop, this time together with Yamada as well. As a family. While the two adults were lagging behind, arguing about something, Hitoshi walked up and waved. "Hey Zuku"

Izuku smiled brightly. "Hi Toshi! Good to see you again!"

Suddenly, the heroes' conversation stopped and Aizawa raised an eyebrow, eyes glancing between the two in mild curiosity. "You two know each other?"

He nodded happily, "Yup! Have for some time now, it's good to see you again Aizawa and I presume this is your husband, Yamada? Nice to meet you sir, I am Megumi Izuku."

"Nice to meet you too Little Listener! Sho here has been gushing about your coffee for years now."

Aizawa glared at him accusingly before turning back to Izuku, "I'll just take my regular."

"Me too", Hitoshi piped up.

After typing in their orders that he knew by heart (and because they were so simple), Izuku turned to Yamada who was looking over the menu. "I'll just have some black tea and slice of pumpkin bread."

Izuku finished up their order/payment and went to make the drinks while the family sat down at the Aizawa's usual table.

As he walked out with their drinks and pastries on a tray, he spotted Yui talking with the family.

"those dirty little- "

"Yui, it's fine. They are gone now."

"I know, but if I ever see them, I will not hesitate to teach them a thing or two"

"Don't worry, those two won't be out of there for a long time, me and Zashi made sure of it."

Izuku walked up and smiled, "Don't get too upset Yui, from what I've heard, they got what they deserved."

He began to hand out the drinks and pastries while Yui was now off slightly behind him and pouting, "I still wish I could have seen their faces"

At that, she waved goodbye and quietly told Izuku to take a break soon. He knew she was trying to get him to sit with the hero family, but he couldn't just crash it. Sure, it was fine with just Hitoshi or Aizawa, but they were here as a family. A family Izuku wasn't apart of.

He attempted to turn around and get back to work, but, surprisingly, Yamada was the one to stop him. "So Little Listener, how do you know Hitoshi here? I can tell Sho is dying to know as well" He glanced towards his husband mischievously while Aizawa just glared back half-heartedly.

Izuku rubbed his neck, "Ah well, he came in for a while and after I helped him with something, we got to know each other. It's been a while since then."

Even though he was trying to be cryptic and not give much aways, apparently Hitoshi wasn't. Instead, he elbowed Izuku with a scoff and turned back to his dads.

"Basically, he helped me chase off some bullies and was the one who helped me train after being the first person to tell me that I could be a hero." Hitoshi stated bluntly and smirked while Izuku just mentally face palmed, his face heating up slightly from embarrassment.

He hadn't wanted the heroes to find out about all that, but he knew Hitoshi wouldn't let it go. Izuku didn't need to go to UA, but Hitoshi had other ideas and was definitely pushing them right now.

When they were talking about getting Hitoshi into UA on one day of training, the boy had asked Izuku if he was going to the school as well. Of course, Izuku said he wasn't interested, but Hitoshi hadn't stopped pestering him about it. And now that his friend knows he is a vigilante, well he was more determined than ever to make Izuku 'legal', even though he technically couldn't be charged for vigilantism since he didn't have a quirk to even use.

Either way, getting the eyes of two pro heroes who teach there meant that he might not have a choice anymore if they specifically asked him about it one day. Why would a teenager need to be as strong as a mid-level pro hero in combat if not for heroics? Worst case scenario, they would assume him a villain.

"It was really nothing Hitoshi. Bullies are stupid and I didn't like them that's all." He could tell the heroes wanted to ask him more, but thankfully another customer came in and Izuku was able to excuse himself from their conversation.

While he worked, he kept glancing back the family. They were now relaxed and arguing about how Aizawa apparently can't cook to save his life, last night's dinner seemingly was proof enough.

Izuku hadn't realized it at first, but he felt it now. His chest was clenched and throbbing, waves of something bittersweet flooding him when he heard them laugh or poke fun at each other good naturally. It was familiar and yet unwelcome, this sense of yearning he felt.

Small claws pierced through his pants at his shin and Izuku looked down at Sushi who had just woken up from her nap under the counter. She must of sensed that he was upset.

Izuku crouched down and let her perch on his shoulders now as he cleaned another table. The pain in his chest was numbing and he reached up to scratch at his cat's head.

"Thank you girl" Sushi chirped and began to purr. It was comforting and Izuku was somehow able to keep his emotions in check for the next half hour. He was pretty sure Aizawa hadn't noticed his weird mood and avoidance of them. Maybe.

When the family had left, Izuku just waved them goodbye, but Hitoshi paused at the door before turning around. Without a word, the taller boy hugged Izuku and then whispered quietly, "thank you."

Izuku patted his back after a moment while trying to hold back his shock at the sudden affection. When they pulled apart, Hitoshi was smiling softly and Izuku could only return it along with a small nod.

He may or may not have watched, with a tight pain in his chest, as the family of 3 began to walk down the street together and out of sight.

~ ~ ~

That afternoon, Izuku laid in his bed, listening peacefully to the crickets and cicadas outside his cabin. He began to space out and wonder out loud, "A family huh... What would it be like?"

Similar to earlier that day, a fluffy white paw batted at his nose, no claws this time, bringing him out of his daze. He meet the small fluffball's intelligent eyes which simply blinked at him in concern.

With a gentle smile, he rubbed her head, "I guess we have to be each other's family."

She simply began to purr in response, giving his cheek a small lick before snuggling into his chest more. He smiled wider before letting himself relax and drift off into a comfortable sleep.

~ ~ ~

A/N: 2k reads??!?! O.O I honestly didn't think that this story would get so many reads so fast so thank you so much to everyone reading!!! (ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥

Here is a picture of Sushi that I made in thanks for 2k! ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.4K 3.7K 44
life·less /ˈlīfləs/ adjective dead or apparently dead. Midoriya likes to think he lives in hell, until he feels it through the awakening of his quirk...
46.4K 1.2K 15
Izuku Midoriya has had a tough childhood. His mother abuses him, his father left when he was a baby, his childhood best friend bullies him every day...
3.9K 231 32
"Take a swan dive off a roof, and hope for a quirk in your next life." What if Izuku listened to what Bakugou said? What if he died but came back to...
80.7K 3.2K 16
Due to something rather unexpected Izuku turned into his older self. Now being back in the body of a 10-year-old child, Izuku doesn't remember anythi...