๐–ฃ˜ ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™‰๐™ฎ๐™–๐™ก๐™– ๐˜ผ๐™ฅ๐™ž...

By ryrylovesavatar

เผ„ "๐™ƒ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™–๐™." เผ„ Started : 1/29/23 Finished : This story is inspired by @lovelivp she's a great wr... More

The Nyala Api
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
pls read ๐Ÿ˜‹

11.

563 14 0
By ryrylovesavatar

    A gathering was held at the Olo'eyktan's hut.

"My people, I know you have been hearing the sky's anger." He referred to the storms.

"We will prepare for these storms how we are familiar to doing." Tsahìk La'wan followed his comment. "No flying or training until my word."

The pair went on for about 10 minutes about the storms and such, "How long do you think the storms will last?" Lahar asked Lei.

"Maybe through a full moon." She shrugged.
Lei braided a small piece of her hair repeatedly as she'd wait for her tribe leader's to complete their speech.

Suddenly Chief Katu changed subjects, "We will begin patrolling for sky people. They're drawing in closer, and we will strike first if we feel needed." He spoke proudly. Jake Sully and his family stood along side Olo'eyktan Katu and Tsahìk La'wan. Lei feared for what lie ahead, but she was willing to protect her tribe.

"Me and my family will fight beside you all." Neytiri spoke, holding her chin high.

——————————————————————

Lei was atop of her hut, securing thick layers of leaves and leather material on the roof. This is one strategy of preparing for the storm season.

"Lei hurry up." Lahar ordered his sister from below the hut.

"Come help then." Lei threw a small rectangular leather patch towards his head. Lahar hissed jokingly, beginning to climb up the hut walls— onto the roof.

"You are the worst." Lahar spat while he slapped the patch across Lei's back. Lei winced, slapping his leg.

Lei began to continue to intertwine thread through the patches, securing them onto the roof. She handed her brother the necessary tools, then returning back to the same patch she was working on.

"Will you have to go, Lei?" Lahar asked.

"To what?" She noticed scarce raindrops beginning to fall, "We should hurry."

Lahar paused.

"Oh, most likely." Lei realized he was talking about the battle that was nearing closer.

Lahar nodded slowly while he bit his lip.

"I'll be alright Lahar." She noticed his anxiousness.

"I know, I just wish I could come with you."

Lei shook her head, "Your time will come brother, don't worry." She rubbed his lower back affectionately.

The two continued preparing their hut for the storm season, it soon began to pour.

Lei quickly made her way to Awani's hut through the rain with Lahar.

"Hello." Lei smiled lightly to Awani's mother.

"Lei, Lahar." She smiled while dipping her head. "Congratulations, I'm proud of you." Awani's mother gently hugged Lei, Awani's mother shared her kind hospitality with her daughter.

"Thank you." Lei wrapped her arms around the woman.

"Lei." Awani called from a doorway, "Hi Lahar." She dipped her head.

"I must talk to you." Lei quickly made her way to Awani.

They settled in Awani's room, resting next to eachother on her hammock.

"Katu said the sky people are nearing attack." Lei reminded her friend.

"I know." Awani sighed.

The rain partially soothed Lei's growing nerves, she had been wanting to tell Awani what was on her mind.

"If something bad happens—"

"Nothing bad will happen to us." Awani abruptly reassured Lei, but she was mostly soothing her own concerns.

Lei grabbed Awani's hand, "If anything bad happens, I want you to save yourself." Lei said slowly.

Awani stared at her with great sorrow but understanding, "Promise me the same." She picked up her remaining hand.

"Promise." Lei nodded, resting her forehead on Awani's.

"But we'll be okay." Awani broke the silence, she laughed as she spoke.

Lei nodded, sharing a giggle with Awani.

——————————————————————

Jake Sully and Chief Katu had deeply discussed and thoroughly went over the objective. Each family in the Nyala Api were called to to the Olo'eyktan's hut and relayed the information, each young Koa under the age of 17 would have a safer duty.

Awani and Lei were informed that they would be waiting for an inferior ship to cross their path, and when the time came they were instructed to shoot it down from afar. Although the inferior ship wasn't promised to arrive, they were basically on stand by.

Jake Sully's children would be seeking cover with the village's gatherers, the Nyala Api became warriors at a young age while the Omatikaya prefers to not take the risk. Neteyam and his younger brother were especially frustrated about this, they had begged their father to at least stand by— but denied each and every time.

Lei was speaking to Matahari about the Sky People and the battle that was soon to arrive.

"You are going to want to run, and you are going to be scared." Matahari was explaining to Lei, "But you must stay put, abandoning your post will put you in immediate danger."

"I understand." Lei nodded. "Father is going to be near, they positioned him a few... miles?" Miles was a new word to Lei and the rest Nyala Api. "A few miles away." She finished.

Matahari nodded, "That's good. And you'll be with Awani as well."

The rain against the roof provided a calm atmosphere, but Lei still felt awkward.

"About.. Neteyam." Matahari spoke.

"Hm?" Lei cocked her head slightly to the left.

"I'm aware I created tension between the two of you."

"... Mhm.." Lei squinted her eyes slightly, confused as to what Matahari was trying to say.

"Don't listen to me, I was wrong about that family." Matahari admitted, avoiding eye contact with her sister.

Lei lifted her eyebrows, "...Okay." She nodded slowly.

Matahari chuckled awkwardly, covering her face with the palms of her two hands. Lei rolled her eyes slightly.

"Get out." Matahari teasingly pushed her off her hammock, Lei exited the room.

——————————————————————

Lei, Awani, Percikan, and Hantu were making their way to the Sully's hut. Awani had proposed they got to know them all better.

Lei knocked on the wall of the hut. Lo'ak pulled back the flap that served as a door, "What?" He blankly asked.

The 4 stood on the porch, dripping from the rain. Neteyam soon approached the door way as well, standing behind Lo'ak. Neteyam's eyes flickered to each one of their faces before meeting Lei's eyes.

"We're bored." Awani spoke, "And we wanted to bond with you all." She smiled, Percikan and Hantu stood awkwardly behind the two girls.

"...Sure?" Lo'ak looked at Neteyam before stepping aside to let the Nyala Api teens inside.

Kiri was sat on a woven chair she had made, playing with Tuk. Lei took something out of a small pouch that hung off to the side of her hip, it was the small wooden ikran figurine Lahar had gifted her. She'd figured Tuk had better use for it, she walked over and leant down to Tuk's level.

"Here." Lei smiled, holding the partially burnt ikran structure to Tuk.

Tuk gasped, "Thank you!" She smiled at Lei, Kiri dipped her head to the girl.

Lei turnt, the 2 brothers and her friends were sat around the built in fire place like structure.

She joined them, sitting in between Percikan and Awani. "Do you guys know how to play truth or dare?" Lo'ak asked, his father had brought some of his traditions and games from earth.

"No, teach us." Percikan answered.

Kiri and Tuk soon joined the circle as well, Kiri simply explained the game how she was familiar with.

"So Hantu, truth or dare?" Kiri asked him.

Hantu looked up from the fire, "Uhm, truth."

Kiri thought for a moment, "What was the last lie you told?"

Hantu rubbed a circle on his hand with his thumb attempting to remember, "That I wasn't upset when the Riti pooped on my head." He smirked.

Awani bursted into a cackle, she found that story hilarious. Lei laughed at her friend's dramatic reaction, hiding her face in her palms.

"Okay okay, Kiri, truth or dare?" Hantu asked.

"Hmmm, dare."

Hantu deeply thought, "Do a hand stand." He slowly instructed her, he didn't know what to say.

Kiri tried her best but failed numerous times to complete the dare, everyone laughed at Kiri as she stumbled around.

The game went on and on, until it was Lei's turn to ask. "Awani—"

"You already asked her, ask someone you haven't asked yet." Percikan flicked her arm.

"Oh, uhm..." She looked around, "Kiri?"

"No." Percikan shook his head, "Oh! Neteyam." He nodded.

Lei awkwardly turnt her head to Neteyam, "Truth or Dare?" She asked.

"Truth."

Lei tapped her wrist before asking a question, "What do you dream about?"

He opened his mouth the speak, but he was cut off by the sound that everyone was familiar with— the horn that signaled war. The sky people had reached their limits, 3 young Navi were on patrol and spotted 3 ships.

The time had come to defend their village, and Lei was ready.

Everyone scrambled to smear red, orange, and black paint over their body's and to ready their weapons.

Lei and Awani sprinted to their post they were assigned, they were sat atop a high tree branch. The rain was beginning to come down hard, thunder and lightning following.

AN

If u haven't heard of the willow act it's basically biden signing away Antartica for oil drilling and it will induce irreversible climate change onto the planet. Go to one of these sites to help prevent this from happening if you can 🙏

https://earthjustice.org/action/make-the-call-stop-the-willow-project

https://www.evergreenaction.com/blog/stop-the-willow-project-conocophillips-disastrous-plan-to-drill-the-western-arctic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

537K 20.2K 26
Tacenda - Things to be left unsaid; matters to be passed over in silence or Tsa'tvayi gives Neteyam a purpose, while caring for his family as if they...
307K 8.1K 32
โฅ ๐‡๐ž ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ . ๐‡๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐จ๐ฆ๐ž. ๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ฒ๐š๐ฆ ๐ฑ ๐จ๐œ!๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ (๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ฒ๐š) #1 in neteyam (2/23/23) #1 in p...
925K 30.7K 46
-ห‹ห เผปโเผบ หŽหŠ- แดŠแด€แด‹แด‡ ๊œฑแดœสŸสŸส แด€ษดแด… ษดแด‡ส'แด›ษชส€ษช สœแด€แด… ษดแดแด›สœษชษดษข ส™แดœแด› แดŠแดส ส™ส€แดแดœษขสœแด› แด›แด แด›สœแด‡ษชส€ สŸษชแด แด‡๊œฑ, แด›สœแด‡ษชส€ แด„สœษชสŸแด…ส€แด‡ษด แดแด‡แด€ษดแด› แด›แด แด›สœแด‡ แดกแดส€สŸแด… แด›แด แด›สœแด‡ แด„แดแดœแด˜สŸแด‡. แด…แด€สœสŸษชร„ แด€สŸแดกแด€ส๊œฑ แด›แดสŸแด…...
72.2K 1.5K 23
"๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต, ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต." ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—ˆ๐—…๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ผ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐–ฝ. ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐—‹๐—‚๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐–ฝ๐–บ๐—Ž๐—€๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹. ๐—๐—...