The Easy Way Out

By kierstynnewritesss

Davina Faye Falix has been struggling with a drug addiction ever since her family passed in a fatal car accid... More

𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟<𝟛
ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖
«1»
«2»
«3»
«4» tw!
«5»
«6» tw!
«7» tw!
«8»
«9»
«10»
«11»
«12»
«13»
«14»
«15»
«16»tw !
«17»
«18»
«19»
«20»
«21»
«22»
«23»
«24»
«25»
«26»
«27»
«28»
«29»
«30»
«31»
«32»
«34»
«35»
«36»
«37»
«38»
«39»
«40»
«41»
«42»
«43»
«44»
«45»
«46»
«47»
«48»
«49»
«50»
«51»
«52»

«33»

279 8 1
By kierstynnewritesss

Davina's pov
                     March 6th, 10:00 a.m.

It's officially been a month since I've seen the boys, Kayson and Xander are pissed. Willow was with me for just less than a week before I told her to go home. I told my assistant to call Xander and tell him to come pick her up. I need to be away from everyone right now, including my best friend, soulmate, and twin flame. As the days went on, I ended up with more and more tattoos, I'd gotten a minimum of two a day. Every day of the month of February. On the day of Valentine's Day I got 8 tattoos, two decently sized ones, and the rest were maybe as big as the palm of my hand. My tattoo artist and I have grown really close, she comes over to the house quite a bit, just to be in my company. It's really nice. Oh, and yeah, I got a house with my first paycheck as a mafia boss. Not that it was just a normal paycheck, I took the amount I wanted from the few heists and missions we did the month before.

My new house is the house I've always wanted, for me, for my future husband, for the kids I wanted with him. It's just me though, and that oddly comforts me. No pressure. Anyway, my house is just an all black, mid-century  modernized two story. With a basement that I plan to turn into a dance room. I can't live without it. It's a four bed three bath and the kitchen is beautiful. So are the two living rooms.. and it's on one hundred acres in the middle of nowhere.. I'm acting like it isn't a big deal, but in reality I think I'm shitting myself. My life feels better, because I'm doing it all on my own. I can't say anyone would be proud of me, because at this point no one is on my side, but I'm proud of me.

"Yes, Willow. I'm okay." I turn the camera to my face, to let her know I'm not lying. "Well, you kind of kicked me out so I'm just a little concer-" She stops talking and looks at the new walls behind me. "Where are you?" She asks, still looking behind me. "My new house, isn't it nice?" I ask excitedly, turning my camera again to show her around. She looks at me sideways, mouth gaped open in shock. "Boys! Get in here!" My eyes roll before I hear Xander walk in and asks Willow a question. "Yes daddy?" She drops her head into one of her hands and shakes her head, looking back at me afterwards. "Good to know he won't change while I'm gone." I laugh as I walk to the bathroom, propping my phone up on the counter. Then I hear an exasperated gasp come from Xander, just as he moves into frame. "Can I yell at her now, babe?" He asks Willow, looking at me with narrowed eyes. I move out of frame to change into shorts and a sports bra, ready to go do my first dance in the new house.

"I've got things to do, why'd you want the guys in there with you?" I groan, seeing Kayson come into the frame, his eyes wide and jaw on the floor. My whole body is in the frame, or at least down to my knees are. A moment of silence passes before Willow breaks it. "Davina has a new house. In Russia. Too far away from us. I don't think she's coming back." She looks at Kayson after she's done speaking, waiting to see what he'll say. "She looks happier. Let it be." Xander mumbles out, then Kayson says something else when the phone cuts out, making my curiosity go wild. "What was that, Creed?" My voice comes out rough and quiet, still sick from last months events. "I said Xander was right. That's all." Willow smiles and looks down before calling him out. "Tell her what you really said, Kayson." Just at that point Kayson begins to look frustrated, confused, hurt. "I said I miss you. I said I fucking miss you." And then he walks out of the frame, a door slamming right after.

A few minutes later, after talking to Xander and Willow, I hang up, finally getting away from the FaceTime. "Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. You're okay without them." I whisper to myself in the mirror, gripping hard onto the counter. My fingertips turn white and blood covers my tongue from biting my lip so hard. My eyes close and my head falls back, trying to calm myself from the call. "Don't fold under pressure. It's okay to miss them." I continue to whisper to myself, completely bummed out from seeing their faces.

My phone begins to ring and I let out an annoyed groan, completely fed up with the phone itself. I pick up the phone in case it has something to do with the mafia, no matter the unknown number in the new device. "Davina?" My eyes go wide at the familiar voice, but I stay quiet. "Davina. My little girl. I've missed you." He continues on the other side of the line, making me more angry by the second. "Not your little girl. You decided to fake your death to get me out of your house. I think it's best you left me alone." I spit out, venom laced in every word I speak. "No no. You don't understand. It was only to keep you safe, Faye baby." I let out an aggravated laugh, my tongue grazing my cheek. "I've used that excuse once, too. It only works if you're delusional, father." I hear a deep sigh come from the other side of the phone before he begins to spew bullshit again. "I did it to keep you safe from your mother, Davina. I only want what's best for you, dear."

"Then leave. I killed my mother, my sister, my rapist and his dad, my ex's brother, and two random girls who wanted to see me dead. I'll be fine without your pity calls, texts, and excuses. Leave me be." And with that. I hang up and start getting ready to go in to my office, too much time wasted on the phone to dance.
- — - — - — - — - — - — -
Kayson's pov
12:00 p.m.

She's a completely different person. She's covered in tattoos. From her neck down to her ankles, I think. Her hair is black, with her natural hair color peeking out in her curtain bangs. The natural red color leaving highlights in her new black hair. I love her red hair, but honestly, she looks badass with the black hair. Her smile was brighter, her skin was clear, and her eyebrow is pierced. She hasn't just changed, she's turned herself into someone completely new. I kind of love it. I'm happy for her, really and truly. I just wish I was happy with her. I wish I was still one of the reasons she smiled, but I think this time apart will do good for us. Her especially.

"Dude, she has a whole ass house. She isn't gonna back, is she?" My thoughts get interrupted when Xander's loud voice trails down the hallway. "I don't know, man. She looked happier. I did say I just wanted her happy before this all even happened." Xander makes it to the table and takes a seat next to me, giving me doubtful eyes, not believing a word I say. "But are you happy, Kayson? She wants you to be happy too. Regardless of what went down." The doubt turns into empathy and worry, still not sure how I'm feeling. I bring my eyes from his and look down at the bracelet on my wrist. "I've only ever been happy when she was in my presence. So no. I'm just.. okay. I'm okay, knowing she'll be doing better where she is now." My jaw tightens and my fists clench just the slightest, showing my true feelings. He puts a comforting hand on my back before he starts to speak again. "Don't worry, Kayson. Davina won't be gone forever. Willow and I have already talked about it with her.. after you stormed out.

My eyes close and my head falls into my hands, just ready for her to come back to me. "What's her plans? She pretty much refuses to talk to me, unless it's a snarky little remark." Xander laughs under his breath, removing his hand from my back and to the bracelet on my wrist. "The bracelets Willow made you two, she has it. She keeps it on and plays with it when she's overstimulated and panicked. You want to know why?" My head shoots up and my eyes find his again, ready for him to spit out the words. "She said it's because she knows she has you on her team. She said she only needs a break, and that all she's doing is bettering herself for the future. She's mad, don't get me wrong, but she said she can't just act like you don't exist. That girl is in love with you, Kayson. Don't you forget that."

I choose to take in what he said for a second, then I let my first question come back to play. "What're her plans, Xander?" He moves his hand away from my wrist and looks down, obviously not feeling too happy about it. "She wants a year. She wants to be alone, in Russia, for a year. No contact. Nothing." He looks up at me and gives me a soft half smile, shaking his head a little. "I told her I'd give her six months. Then I'd be going to see her. She agreed, but she said she didn't.. want you there until the one year mark hits." And his smile falters. The silence in the room feels like it lasts forever before I finally ask him a question. "Could you do me a favor?" He nods immediately and smiles again. "Tell her I'll se her in six months." And his smile falters again. "And send this to her." I pull the keychain-bracelet out of my pocket and set it on the table. "Before she starts with the whole 'no contact' thing." Then I get up and walk away.
- — - — - — - — - — - — -
Davina's pov
                                3:00 p.m.

"Send the number to the rest of the team. Tell them to figure out who it is. Then come back to me. I've got meetings to attend."

We found a rat in our back pocket. Just sitting around in one of these offices, trying to kill me. Am I scared? No. Do I believe in my team? Eh. But can I handle that fucker on my own? I sure as hell hope so. My assistant has gotten good at understanding me. She asked if I wanted a coffee the first few mornings and told her each time I hated coffee. So now I just give her a couple dollars to go get me an energy drink. Coffee is gross. Tea reminds me of everything I can't stand. So energy drinks is where I stay. She also said I was the nicest person she'd ever worked for, and that made me feel some type of way, because you really don't realize how bad these people are treated until you see it for yourself. Her name is Maralynne Carletto, and that last name just so happens to be very familiar to me. Xander Carletto. I'm hoping it's someone related to Xander, that would make him the happiest person in the world. I just haven't gotten around to asking Maralynne her mother's name. Soon though. I will.

"Ms.Falix, the room is ready when you are. Everyone is sat down and waiting." I roll my eyes at the name she's trained to call us. "Call me Davina, my love. I promise it'll be okay." She nods and looks down, walking to the corner of the room immediately after. I'm still trying to get her comfortable, she acts like I'm gonna end her life with every word she says. I'm crazy, but I like her. "This makes no sense, Falix. Who could possibly be the rat?" I look down the table and right into this man's eyes. "It could be you for all I know. That's what we're here to figure out, Johnson." He stands up and walks my way, towering over me more with each step. He gets less than a foot away when he starts to talk again. "If it was me.. you'd be dead by now." I keep my face level with his chest, not daring to look up at a man who's at a lower level than me. I laugh to myself quietly, pushing him back aggressively. "Back the fuck up, Johnson. Stay where you are."

He walks back up to me, testing his life that I could take any second now. "No. What are you gonna do? Kill me?" He laughs or loud and looks around the room, waiting for someone to agree with him. I pull my gun from my waist band and press it against his hard abdomen. "Yes. That's exactly what I had in mind." His face turns back into my direction, his eyes wide and filled with fear. With no warning I pull the trigger. It won't kill him, it's just a warning. Maybe. "Test me again, Johnson. War is close and you're the one leaving first. Better heal quickly." He cries out, loud and obnoxious, cursing me out and apologizing at the same time. Once my bodyguards drag him out I turn my body back to the rest of the people. "Anyone else wanna play today? I've got 4 more bullets ready for anyone who wants it." Everyone stays quiet and shakes their heads rapidly, scared shitless of what could happen to them.

"Good, let's get this started."

- — - — - — - — - — - — -

Chapter 33 !

Mafia action is about to get real, Kayson is losing his mind, Xander might have a sister, and Willow is about to do some crazy shit.. hope your ready🤙🏼

Anywayyy, vote, comment, and communicate, i love hearing feedback from everyone 🙂

Comment a 🤠 if you read this far.. love you🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483K 17.6K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
261K 5.4K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
46K 2.6K 62
Until a year ago, Kacey's life had always been easy. But when it rains, it pours, and he loses what always seemed a given. A year and a half later, h...
323K 5K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...