COTE: The Mad Demon

By Kagenou_Pooch

In this story, one teenager, who died in an unknown death, was suddenly transported in a domain that judges t... More

Chapter 1 - Punishment or Reincaration?
Chapter 2 - Contribution
Chapter 3 - School Rules
Chapter 4 - SLAP!
Chapter 5 - Glimpse of the Past
Chapter 6 - Book Buddy
Chapter 7 - Swimming Class
Chapter 8 - Being Mediocre Isn't Enough
Chapter 9 - Bet
Chapter 10 - A Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 11 - Poking The Sleeping Dragon
Chapter 12 - Deal With The Devil
Chapter 13 - Forgiveness
Chapter 14 - Little Girl
Chapter 15 - Farewell...
Chapter 16 - How Mischievous
SS Yuki Himeno: First Meeting
Chapter 17 - Unexpected Incident
Chapter 18 - Apology
Chapter 19 - House of Cards
Chapter 20 - Class C
Chapter 21 - Class B
Chapter 22 - Fantasy
Chapter 23 - The Witness
Chapter 24 - Patronage
Chapter 25 - There's Something Hidden
Chapter 26 - Deja Vu
Chapter 27 - Amigo

SS Shiina Hiyori: First Meeting

878 37 4
By Kagenou_Pooch

Shiina POV

At the month of the first day of April, today is the start of the educational institution called Adavnced Nurturing High School, or simply called ANHS. It is a school that boasts 100% employment rate to your desired career.

Not only that, you don't need to pay for the tuition fee every month, instead, you just need to pay once and sign a particular contract to the school. Which hooks many students, especially the middle to lower classes, hoping to change their fate by their own hands.

As for me, I don't particularly care about the 100% employment rate boasted by the school. Although, I would be lying if I don't want something that would be advantageous for my future, what I mostly care about is one particular facility in this school, and that is the library.

The library has a wide range of different books comprises of variety of genres. For me, this is a great place to read books.

"Oh, I somehow lost".

While thinking about the library, I noticed that I somehow lost as I look at the surroundings that is now feeling deserted.

And that's when I noticed a boy that is sitting on a bench. I then decided to call him out.

"Excuse me".

"Hm?".

When I looked at the boy, his eyes are dyed with crimson color while his long jet-black hair is tied in a ponytail. Comparing him to an average person, I could say that he could be on par with the top celebrities in Japan.

Although, I think of him as handsome, he was just that, handsome. For me, he is just a stranger that I need to ask help with.

"May I asked where is the location of the gymnasium?".

"Just go straight on that direction. When you arrived there, you'll see a huge rectangular building. That will be the gymnasium" he answered as he point his forefinger to a particular direction.

"I see, thank you".

"Your welcome".

I then strode towards the gymnasium, along with the other students who intends to go there.

===

After the orientation about the school ended, I decided to head over the library immediately to see the library facility.

And when I entered there, I felt so amazed as a pile of books that are kept to every bookshelf are now in front of my eyes.

"Agatha Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle, there are too many books to read!".

"Shh".

When I almost screamed, the librarian almost reprimanded me. I apologized to her afterwards by bowing my head while saying "sorry" to her.

Anyways, I then decided to bring 10 books with me which comes from the most famous authors in the world. I then put it on the table to read it one by one.

While reading each books, it brings me immense joy as I could use my imagination to know the feelings of the protagonist with the use of words. It will be great if I have a friend who could read it with me.

...But isn't this the reason why I always read books?

Since I don't always socialize, this is my own way to cope with my loneliness.

While feeling sad about not having friends, I noticed a boy that is looking to a book in a particular bookshelf, specifically in the academics section.

'Isn't he the boy that I asked for directions earlier?' I thought to myself.

He then grabbed a few books before sitting in a table and started reading it.

And after a few hours, his focus to the books are still intact. Is he also a fellow book reader like me?

When he was removing his attention from the book I immediately proceeded to look at the book I'm holding, pretending to read it.

After he put back the book he was reading, he looked at me shortly before leaving the library.

'No, that was suppose to be my chance!' I thought to myself as I did a downcast look.

''Okay, starting tomorrow, I will definitely approach him" I muttered to myself as I gather an ample amount of courage for tomorrow.

===

Today is the second day after the entrance ceremony, and as expected this afternoon, he entered the library.

Okay, when he finished reading, I will approach him and ask him if his interested in books.

After a few hours of reading, he closed the book and decided to head towards the bookshelf.

'Ok, now is my chance' I thought to myself.

However, before I was about to stand up, doubt started creeping into my mind.

What if he is not really interested in books?

What if he was just here not enjoying the books he read?

What if I make a fool of myself?

Multiple questions started to form in my mind, and before I knew it, I became hesitant to approach him.

After he sense my gaze, he immediately looked at my direction while I pretended to read the book again.

However, for some reason, he chose to read a book again, I wonder what is his purpose?

And after 2 hours of reading, he decided to stand up to leave the library.

'Hiyori, this is your last shot! It is basically do-or-die! If you don't do it, you won't find this chance ever again!" I thought to myself as I proceeded to stand up myself as I approached him.

"Wait!".

When I tucked his sleeve, he looked at my direction.

"Is there anything I can help with you?" he asked.

"Uhmm..." I trailed off.

W-what should I ask him? I think I should ask him about books.

"Are you also perhaps interested in books?" I asked.

"Uhh, I guess?" he replied.

He then added, "But honestly, I didn't read any books coming from the most famous authors, though".

"Oh, is that so..."

So he didn't read any famous books. How unfortunate.

"I'm sorry if I waste your time, please excuse me-"

"Hm?"

When I was about to leave, he started to say something.

"Wait, is this one of Agatha Christie's books, The Murder is Announced?"

"Huh?! Ah! Yes, it is! How did you know?" I asked as I talk with surprise.

"Of course I knew, this is one of my favorite books."

So that means I can now finally find a friend! And it is now in front of my eyes!

"R-really? Then... Would you like to join me in reading books tomorrow?"

After thinking for a while, he then nodded, "Sure, let's see each other tomorrow after classes".

"Great!" I shouted with joy, but I immediately covered my mouth to avoid getting reprimanded by the librarian again.

"Then, see you tomorrow" I said as I walked away from him.

But before I moved away completely from him, I turned around in front of him and asked him again.

"By the way, may I ask for your name?"

"My name is Okuma Ikuto, and I love donuts" he replied.

Hehe, that was funny.

"I see, my name is Shiina Hiyori, nice to meet you, Okuma-kun"

"Likewise" he nodded before he decided to leave the library.

After that, we went into our separate ways. And that's how he became my first friend in my first year of high school.

I really hope that it will continue this way. Always.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 647 10
As the name says, this fic only contains oneshots. In this fic, I'll write the oneshots completely based on readers' requests. You guys name it in th...
306K 9.5K 93
Fukazawa Yato is forced to go to the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. Even if he had no motivation to go at the beginning, that wi...
13.5K 532 10
"In this world, winning is everything; winners are validated and losers are denied. Until now, I've never lost at anything, and I won't in the future...