A Very Twisted Journey

By Lightgail25

Lia only ever wanted to be the best Pokémon caretaker in the Galar region like her mother. With the support o... More

~ A Promise ~
~ The Strange Mirror ~
~ Where Am I? What's with this. . . Meowth? ~
~ Wait, You're What?! One Predicament to Another~
~ Surprises, Surprises ~
~Stuck in a Loop~
~ Just Can't Catch a Break, seriously ~
~ When One Moron Wasn't Enough ~
~ Second, Last Chance ~
~ And So, It Begins ~
Lianara (Lia) Estella Cosmo Magus
Madison (Maddie) Magnolia
Mathew (Matt) Magnolia
Madame Evangeline (Eva) Crowley
🌹Early Morning Guest, Rose Painting, Wait what?🌹
🌹First Day of School, Oh Boy🌹
🌹Lunchtime Lessons, An Apology Goes Wrong🌹
🌹Baking Plans, You two are What!!??🌹
🌹 A Not-so-Friendly Encounter, Let's Get Picking! 🌹
🌹 Baking Buddies, Some Egg Trouble🌹
🌹 Memory Lane, A Sudden Invitation🌹
🌹 A Not So Good Unbirthday 🌹
🌹The Deul, No, You're who's Wrong🌹
🌹 Inked Roses🌹
🌹Make Your Own Rules🌹
🌹The Tyrant's Tears🌹
🌹 Parties! Tarts! Leon!? oh no,🌹

🌹 Unexpected Advice, Riddle's Story 🌹

510 10 17
By Lightgail25

Lia and her group looked around for the boys and Grim for a few moments. Soon they came across them at a gazebo on the other side of the gardens. "There you are!"

"Lia? What are you guys doing here? Don't tell me Riddle kicked you all out too."

"No Theo. We left on our own accord for various reasons." She looked down at Matt, who was still clutching her hand while hiding behind her. The boys could see the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes.

"I take it all that excitement was too much for him?"

"Excitement, Excitement!? We were just kicked out of Heartslabyul because that stiff, red-headed, megalomaniac, tyrant threw a tantrum! Who does he think he is?! The Queen of Hearts himself or something?!! As if I'm gonna apologize to him after that!!"

"Ace, calm down, you're making yourself just as immature as Riddle was a moment ago."

"Don't compare me to him, Lia!!"

"you're the one who's also throwing a tantrum, kid."

"I heard that, Persian!"

Lia shook her head as she walked up to Deuce, who was sitting on the ground next to a struggling Grim. "Deuce, how are you feeling?"

"Not good, I've been kicked out of my dorm by the House Warden himself. At this rate, I'm getting further away from my goal than ever."

"Don't sell yourself short Deuce, you stood up for your comrades even when you knew the risks. I think that's pretty honorable."

"Pika! (Yeah!)

Deuce smiled at the too, "Thanks guys,"

"Grrrr, this stupid, collar! It's so tight!"

"Pika, Pika." (Be grateful that you can still breathe.)

"Oooo Hooo, you guys are killing those collars. Got yourself a nice collection going on.~"

"L - L - L - Lia. . . ." Matt stuttered, everyone turned to what had the boy sounding spooked, and sure enough, there was a floating head before them. Scaring everyone (minus Lia, Persian, and Theo), out of their wits.

"BWAH!!!"

Grim and Pikachu hugged each other. "GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! A GHOST HEAD!!!!" "PIIIKAAAAAA!!!"

"Whoops looks like I'm not all here, forgot my whole body."

Theo folded his arms, not impressed. "Oh please, you intentionally did that on purpose."

"You know this guy Theo?" Lia asked.

"Hard not to when he's always 'swinging by here in Heartslabyul with no regard at all."

"But, who is he?" Deuce asked.

"Oh? The names Artemiy Artemiyevich Pinker. A magician who's either a cat or a peculiar purrrrson.~" The guy introduced as he made himself fully appear.

"Did you just seriously make a cat pun?" Persian deadpanned.

"That's his thing,"

"Uh, look, Ar. . . . Arte. . .um. . run that name by me again?"

"He said his name is Artemiy Artemiyevich Pinker," Matt corrected Ace.

"Ooo hooo~ The little guy's got a good memory. ~ Heh, heh, heh, most folks call me Chenya, a guy in a different league altogether. ~"

"So, what dorm are you from, Chenya?"

"Hmmm?~ Why don't you try to guess, purrrty kitty? ~"

"Ooo, ooo! I know! You're from that a . . . banana-claw, right? Cause you got those ears."

"Pika, pi, Pikachu." (It's Savanaclaw, and I highly doubt that.)

"Errrrrr! Wrong, bananas come from trees. I, however, am a cat. So far little mousy here is not far off. ~"

"pika, pi," (great, another weirdo,)

"Hmmm? ~ You think so little mousy? ~ As far as I see it, my status is no more mad than anyone else here. ~"

"Also, Grim. Plenty of other students in the other dorms have animal features, not just one." Deuce pointed out.

Ace didn't care as he tried to 'shoo Chenya off, "Yeah, whatever, thanks. Look, I'm already in a bad mood cause of our 'rule book tyrant leader. So do us a favor and beat it."

"Ace, that's rude." Lia scolded. But Chenya didn't seem to care.

" 'Rule book tyrant huh? Hmmm, ~ heh, heh, heh, ~ that sounds about right for Riddle. He's always been like that as far I remember. ~"

"You saying you know Riddle, Cat-boy?" Persian questioned him.

"Hmmm,~ Maybe I do know something, maybe I don't. ~" Pikachu and Grim deadpanned at that reply.

"Pikachu," (so vague,)

"Yeah, seriously, which is it?"

"You guys want to know about Riddle and his past?"

"Heck yeah, what made him into such a control freak?"

"The best purrson to ask would be his four-eyed right hand. Both he and I have known Riddle since we were little boys."

Deuce was agape hearing that "Four-eyed right hand? You mean, Trey?"

"Come to think of it, he seems to be by Riddle's side a lot, aside from being the vice-dorm leader and all. Whenever those two talked, there was a slight familiarity aura around them. Not to mention, Riddle seems to trust him far more than one would think to a leader and companion."

"Hmmm~ You're right on the nose there, Purrrty kitty~, if you folks want to get more info on Riddle, I'd start there."

"And you can't tell us more yourself because?"

"You're so puuurceptive, Theo. No point in asking me when you already know, in more ways than one I say~." Suddenly Chyna's person started to fade out as he hummed a tune. Then, he was gone.

"Is there seriously no sane person around here?" Grim asked, trying to process what just happened.

"At least he was helpful, in, his own, odd way."

"Could have done it without the stupid cat puns though."

Lia shook her head at the child and Pokémon, "At any rate, standing around here isn't going to fix anything. We need to figure out how to confront Trey when he's alone."

"He'll be at the library later tonight."

Everyone looked at Theo, 'That was, rather quick.' "How do you know?"

"Uh, I just remembered that he has a book that's due. I was with him when he checked it out."

"Alright. . . Then let's confront him there. But first, let's head back to the Ramshackle and rest up. I'm pretty sure we've all had enough excitement for one day."

________________________________________________________________________________

Later that day, Riddle was once again baring down rules on an unfortunate student. In rule 249, those who take care of tending the flamingos have to wear pink. However, the student claimed that his only pink attire was in the wash. As reasonable as that claim was, Riddle didn't accept it, in the end, the student was called and was punished to write an apology letter and week the gardens for a week. As small as the punishment was, it was still too trivial over a matter so small.

"Do you believe I enjoy doing this?! You are the one who broke the rules, as much as I would like to not do this, I simply cannot turn a blind eye to these infractions, for your own sake and the dorms. Is that understood?"

But all the student did was whimper and cry, "Trey, Cater, remove him from my sight now, and prepare me some tea."

" . . . . . . Yes, Dorm Leader."

Off in the corner, Riddle's Loopuny and two Shaymin frowned at the scene. They never told anyone, but they felt something was off about Riddle. Like Lia, they've been seeing visions of heavy ink drops, dripping out of nowhere and making a puddle of ink get bigger and bigger. To a point where they feel a negative aura around their partnered trainer. Looking at each other, they both came to a conclusion. By sneaking out of Heartslabyul without anyone being the wiser, they made their way to the one person they know beyond a doubt, could help them.

________________________________________________________________________________

In the evening at the library, just like Theo interpreted, Trey was there. He had the same downcast expression when he and Cater threw the boys out. 'If only I could,'

"Trey,"

His thoughts were interrupted, turning to the side, he found Lia standing a few feet from him, with the boys and some of her familiars with her. "Oh, Lia, hey there,"

"Sorry for this sudden approach, Theo told us you'd be here to return a book. We wanted to take the opportunity to talk."

Trey looked over to his said fellow third-year. Only to receive Theo shaking his head, indicating Trey not to mention anything. Respecting his request, Trey just let out a heavy sigh, "Is that so? I take it you want to talk about Riddle?"

Ace huffed as he crossed his arms, "Darn right we do, we ain't buying the way he's running things in the dorm."

"I can imagine, I figured that be the case."

Then Deuce approached him, "We heard that you two were childhood friends back in your homeland, did the 'bootlicking start somewhere around there or what?"

That took Trey by surprise, "Where did you hear that?"

"A kid with a knack for using silly cat puns named Chenya," Persian told him.

". . . Chenya huh?"

"So what? I mean, you're older than him and a third year here, why haven't you told of Riddle for how he's doing things?" Grim asked.

"I've always been meaning to lecture him and set things straight. But that's easier said than done, as I can't be the one to scold him."

"HUH!? WHY?!"

"Ace, cool it. Why not Trey? Does it have something to do with his childhood? I think I remember Mr. Clyde mentioning that."

"Not surprised he'd let that slip. Before working here at the school, He tended to the gardens at Riddle's house as a professional gardener and landscaper. But yes, as you've guessed, Lia; It has everything to do with his childhood. Everything that Riddle is, was done by a very strict regimen his parents made. They're very famous healers in our homeland, his mother especially. She wanted Riddle to follow in their footsteps, so from when Riddle woke up to when he sleeps, he lived in a hard strict learning program. Every aspect of his life was planned for him, from the food he ate, the clothes he wore, the tools he used, and even the friends he'd made. They decided everything for him."

"Piiiika," (That's what I call 'Helicopter parents)

"And he endured all of that without question?"

"To ensure his parent's expectations? Yes, all alone and in silence. At the age of ten, he developed his Unique Magic. Ever since middle school Riddle has had the highest grade-point average in all of his classes. Honestly, I can't imagine how hard it must have been. . . In his mind, Riddle believes people can achieve their goals if they repress others' freedom with strict rules. That's why in his eyes, rule-breaking is taboo."

"So, if he doesn't deny rulebreakers, he'd be denying his 'rule-created existence?" Ace guessed.

"But that still isn't right, surely he's had some of his own desires in life he's wanted to do."

" *sigh* Your right Lia, it isn't, and I get that you all see Riddle as a Tyrant, and how he runs things isn't right, but. . . I can't. . . I just can't bring myself to correct him." Trey groaned, looking like he was both crossed and sad with himself.

"Something happened when Riddle did follow his desires," Theo guessed, making everyone, including Trey look at him surprised. "Lia told me how Riddle looked like he saw a ghost when he saw Matthew scared back at the Unbirthday party. That kind of expression only happens when something similar has happened to that person."

"Yeah, Riddle got in trouble once for breaking the rules his parents made for him, and since then he's been following them to a 'T so that it won't happen again."

Grim and Deuce looked saddened while Theo seemed to be as frustrated as Trey.

"Not everyone is meant to be perfect for others' expectations." Lia thought back to when everyone thought she'd follow in her mother's footsteps of being a phenomenal performer. But she couldn't deal with the pressure that came with it as many high-class people were placing a lot of ridiculous expectations on her when she tried it out.

Both Pikachu and Persian saw Lia fiddle with her bracelet and tried to comfort her as Ace soon spoke up.

"Okay, I get it now. It's pretty much your fault that Riddle turned out this way."

"Huh?!"

"You seriously don't have a filter on you, do you kid?"

"Shut it Persian; Look, Riddle didn't choose his parents, really no one does. But you knew what his parents were doing to him was wrong right? And that he's pretty much making the same mistakes as them right?"

"Yes, but,"

"Then why didn't you say so? How is standing there and indulging him on the wrong track gonna help? Have you seriously just been watching him deal with all this hate and isolation? Afraid to 'lose your head?"

"Ace, you're going too far,"

"Don't butt in, Lia. This guy needs to see the reality of this. If you're really a childhood friend of Riddle's, then act like it! Stop being a pathetic coward and do something about all this!"

"THERE'S NO YELLING IN THE LIBRARY!"

Everyone suddenly jumps at the sudden appearance of Headmaster Crowley. The man's sudden outburst earned him a good whack to the head. As he and Madame Eva come from behind a shelf.

"You're the one who's being loud here Dire."

" *clears throat* S-sorry my dear," Then he turns to the group, "But still, please maintain indoor voices. This is still a place for reading and studying."

"Apologies, Sir, Madame." Theo lightly bows to them.

"Worry not, now then, may we ask what you lot are discussing with such solemn expressions?"

"It's a long story, to be honest. But as we're asking questions, why are you two here, Headmaster?"

"We were just doing some research for your case, sweetie." Madame Eva answered.

"My case?"

"My dear, do you recall how your magic is sealed, yes? My darling wife and I were looking for a way to have it unsealed."

Persian gave the masked man a 'brow, "Well, any luck?"

"Unfortunately, no. There isn't a single spell that's advance enough to undo the seal."

"Why not just ask Mr. Xavier to undo it? Isn't he also as good with magic as Mr. Brandel? I mean, they are brothers."

"Ace, remember what he said in class yesterday? No one's magic is the same. Even if he's as good as my dad, he probably doesn't have the right level of magic to do it."

"Lia's right and we have tried asking Xavier. However, according to him, this particular seal is completely out of his field of expertise. And he's seen plenty of seals in his days."

"If my dad is saying that. Then that means that this is an entirely different magic seal we're dealing with."

"Well, if it was done by Brandel Magus, I'd expect nothing less."

Lia looked over to the two third-years, "Is my dad really that powerful of something?"

"It's a bit more complicated than that Lia, it's not so much as how powerful, it's more of how knowledgeable he is. Yours and Theo's family is known for having access to all of Twisted Wonderland's magic history. Including the magic history of very powerful or noble families. So, the possibility that your dad made up the seal on you, specifically for you, is high."

"And that there's no doubt that only he knows how to undo the seal. The problem is, no one has seen Uncle Brandel for the past seventeen years."

"What happened?" Grim asked.

"That's the thing, Grim, no one knows." Deuce stepped in, "His sudden disappearance is one of the greatest mysteries no one has been able to solve."

"The only clue we do have is that he was last seen somewhere deep in the mountains of Thorn Valley, but not even the royal Draconia family knows where he went after that." Ace finished.

"So, I'm stuck with this seal for 'Arceus knows how long? Terrific,"

"Pikachu," (There's got to be another way,)

" *Ahem* Putting that aside for now, once again, why are you all here?" Crowley asked, breaking the tension.

Deuce sighed, "Well sir, madame. It's like this,"

Once The group filled the Headmaster and the Madame in on the matter, "I see, so from what we understand, you're resistant to the idea of apologizing to Mr. Rosehearts in addition, you also refuse the idea of surrendering to his order."

"To sum it up, yeah."

"Well, if you and Riddle are unable to settle the matter, my best option for you is a ' Dorm transfer. However, I hope you're aware that this dorm was chosen for you by the Dark Mirror based on your soul. To do this, we'll have to undergo some procedures and rituals for it to work. But from what I've seen from you so far Mr. Trappola, that option is also a 'no, correct?"

"Heck yeah -er! Yes, Mame. Transferring just sounds like I'm running like a coward."

"Well then, that just leaves option two,"

"Dire,"

"What's option two?" Lia asked.

"Challenge Mr. Rosehearts for the position of Dorm leader, of course."

". . . . . WWWWWHHHHAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!"

Madame Eva suddenly clapped her hands, everything and everyone was dead silent when she gave her signature glare, "Please contain yourselves, we're still in the library."

"S-Sorry Mame, it's just, what Headmaster just said was crazy!"

"There's nothing crazy about it, after all, that is how Mr. Rosehearts received the position last year."

Madame Eva sighed, "That is true,"

"Exactly, how does the process go? With how House Wardens are chosen for the dorms." Deuce asked.

"It pretty much varies in each dorm, some are traditional and some are based on the traits of the dorms themselves," Theo replies.

Grim folded his paws, "I think I remember Trey saying something about Riddle getting the spot on the very first week of school when he started."

"Pika, Pika," (Me too,)

"As Mr. Theo said, there are several ways to have the position of House Warden. To name a few, you can be appointed the post by the previous warden or challenge the current warden to a duel. Quite frankly, a duel is actually one of the simplest ways to obtain the title."

"And if I'm correct, by a duel, do you mean having two individuals competing against each other till one of them can't fight anymore?"

"Indeed Miss. Lia, I do. Do you have something similar in your world?"

"It's basically our world's system." Persian speaks, "In our world's regions, we have these individuals called 'Champions. They are people who are strongest and have the highest rank of Pokémon battling. In order to be a Champion, a Pokémon trainer needs to go through the Pokémon League; an organized battle competition that a trainer can register in, once they have all the needed necessities. Once that is done, they either do a Pokémon tournament or defeat the region's Elite Four, who are a group of specific Pokémon trainers that are a rank higher than Gym Leader."

"And whoever is able to defeat the Elite Four or wins the tournament, is the region's newest Champion." Lia finishes.

"The more I hear about your world, the more I want to see it myself."

"Maybe some other time Deuce,"

"Anyway, I understand the jist of it, but isn't fighting with magic banned?" Ace asked, getting everyone back on track.

"In general, yes, however, a duel intended through a formal procedure is an entirely different matter. If it's conducted in the presence of either the Headmage or Vice Headmage; you can hold a proper duel and face each other on equal terms."

Trey uttered under his breath, "Duels don't allow handy-capped opponents, in other words,"

"Ace can get Riddle to take the collar off without doing an apology." Theo finished.

Ace smirked, "You're telling me that not only I can get away scot-free, but also get a shot at being Dorm Leader?"

"The 'right to challenge their Housewarden is given to all students that enroll into Night Raven. That being said, what's say you? Mr. Trappola?"

"Heck yeah, I'm doing it!"

"Whoa! Ace, are you sure? I think you're going over your head here."

"Relax Theo, what's the harm?"

"Then I'll join too!" Deuce declared, bashing his fists.

"is it just me, or does Deuce react similarly to a Primape?" Persian whispered, making Pikachu snicker as Lia did her best not to laugh.

"I'm in too!"

"I'm afraid you cannot Grim. Duels like this are only for those in the same dorm."

"Pika, Pikachu," (And since you're not in Heartslabyul,)

"HUH!? Then how am I going to get this 'buzzkill of a collar off?!"

"No worries Grim, once I get the spot as Leader, I'll have Riddle get it off for ya."

However, instead of being grateful, Grim just glared at Ace, "Exactly how am I supposed to show off to everyone with that?!"

"I don't know about this guy's, this doesn't sound like a good idea,"

"I agree with Lia, are you sure you all want this? I really didn't expect you to throw yourself into this Deuce."

"Every man needs a shot at glory, right?"

"There he goes again with that act," Ace smirked.

"In that case, Dire and I will get the paperwork settled. Oh, and before I forget, since this is a 'magic duel; non-magical attacks are forbidden, and any violent spells are out of the question. This school still has its standards, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Mame,"

And with that, everyone took their leave. Except for three, Lia looked over at Trey who looked hesitant about the whole thing. "I'll try to resonate with them and see if we can try something else."

"It's not the Duel situation I'm worried about Lia. It's what Riddle will do after,"

________________________________________________________________________________

Back at the Ramshackle, the boys started making plans on how to deal with Riddle. Maddie asked if she could come along this time, as she wanted to pick a bone with Riddle as well. When the group got back from the party and explained everything, she was not happy seeing her twin looking so scared that his eyes were a bit puffy from tears.

"No one but me messes with my brother! Mr. Riddle's gonna pay for making him cry!"

"Ha! That's the spirit Mads!"

"Don't encourage her, kid,"

"Oh lighten up Persian, we're just getting ready for the real fight."

"Plue my neck is on the line here!"

Not wanting to listen to their upcoming bickering, Lia went outside to the patio for some air and looked to the stars. "Mom, do you have any advice that could help me with this?"

"Lop! Lopunny!"

"Shaymin!"

Snapping out of her thoughts, Lia found both Riddle's Shaymin's and Shiny Lopunny standing before her. "Oh hello there, what are you three doing here? Shouldn't you be with Riddle in Heartslabyul?"

"Punny!" (We need your help!)

"What's wrong?"

"Shay! Shaymin, Shay!" (Something is wrong with Riddle! There's a lot of impurities around him!)

"Impurities?"

"So, you sense it as well,"

Lia and the others turned to see Lucario standing near the doorway. "Apologies, I couldn't help but overhear."

"Lucario, could you explain what you meant before?"

"Lia, do you remember how you've been spacing out at times? Please recall when it first started."

"Um, alright, I think it all started when Riddle was getting all riled up back in the cafeteria yesterday. But I ended up seeing something while I zoned out."

"What did you see?"

"Well, it was a barely lit room with a shuddering feel. Then I heard this dripping noise, at first, I thought it was water, but it wasn't."

"Lopunny?!" (It was ink, wasn't it?!)

"You saw it too?" Lopunny nodded, then told her something that really shocked her.

Apparently, Lopunny has known Riddle back when she was a Buneary. It was back in Riddle's childhood home where he found her. She was stuck in a rose bush, wounded, and in very poor health. Riddle took her in and saved her. It was around the same time when he first met Trey and Chenya. Since then, they've relished their time together and become really close. But then one day, Riddle's mother caught him doing something he shouldn't and confined him back to his educational routine, with her watching over him like a Staraptor. When his mother found out about her, she immediately tossed her out like she was a 'disgusting vermin. (his mother's words not hers)

"How have you managed to survive after that? But more importantly, how did you end up in my mother's care, then back here in Twisted Wonderland?"

Lopunny explained that after Riddle's mother kicked her out, she stayed hidden and did her best to look out for Riddle in the distance. During the times when Mr. Clyde visited to tend to the gardens, he took care of her. Then one day, she saw a bright light and ended up in a forest suddenly. To her shock, Palkia was the one who took her back to the Pokémon world. They explained to her that she needed to become stronger if she wanted to be with Riddle again. And so, she trained daily so she'd evolve and go back to Riddle. When Lia's mother found her and took her in, her strength increased with her help. Then a few days after she reached her goal, Palkia kept their promise.

"Your bond with Riddle must be so strong that you're able to feel his aura and sense whatever is wrong with him."

Lia turned to Lucario, "How did you conclude that there's something wrong with Riddle?"

"Forgive me Lia, but I took it upon myself to investigate after your last vision last night. I followed you and the others to the party in Heartslabyul. In the end, when he kicked the boys out, I felt his aura go dark the same time you zoned out again."

Lia went silent for a moment, 'Riddle's aura going dark at the same time Lopunny and I see these ink drops? That can't be a coincidence.'

"For now, let's keep our guard up. I don't know what's going on, but I have a sneaking suspicion that things will escalate at the duel tomorrow."

Lia later reached into her bag and pulled out a small pouch, giving it to Lopunny. "Plant these in the garden where the boys are mostly active in. I have a feeling we'll need them. Lucario, have Venasoar know I'm taking him and a few others tomorrow."

"Do you have a plan, Lia?"

"Not entirely, but better to be safe than sorry right?"

'I don't know what's going to happen, but I hope in some way whatever power I have will help whatever is coming.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 759 24
It's tough being on your own in the nation of Caelum when you're a child. You have to fend for yourself in an unforgiving world of pirates, moral-les...
1.5M 62.8K 200
(Twisted Wonderland X Fem! Reader) Y/n Wonderlin, the first girl in her family's bloodline. Her family is well known, even back then. Even tho she ma...
58.9K 3.1K 35
[𝐓𝐖𝐒𝐓 𝐱 𝐌!𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑] [BEST RANKINGS:] -1 in 'malleusdraconia' (12-6-22) -1 in 'enmayuuken' (02-23-23) -2 in gamexreader (02-23-23) -3 in vid...
4.8K 145 14
Victoria Bright thought she had seen it all as a pokemon researcher/assistant. Traveling from region to region, she had faced countless dangers from...