Bad Boy Chemistry

By simon_waters

(ENEMIES TO LOVERS) (BXB) Everyone at school knows Ace Caldwell: The Bad Boy who was expelled from his last... More

Characters & Warnings
1. When Life Gives You Lemons
2. French Word for D*ckhead!
3. Detention
4. Hello
5. Halloween in August
6. Happy Berthday Ellie?
7. String of Hearts
8. Bowling
9. I'm Fine
10. Ace
11. Harry-The-Plant
12. Go to Hell
13. Welcome to the Club
14. Nice Punch, Charlotte
15. Beach Date
16. Velvet Green
17. Cotton Candy
18. Everything
19. Break and Enter
20. Monopoly
21. The Great Apple Debate
22. Project Paris: A Presentation by Ella Jonson
23. A Cute College Dropout
24. The Hotel
25. How Many Croissants Can You Eat?
26. The 40 year old Virgin
27. The Rooftop
28. The Harpy's Nest
29. Charizard
30. Video Games
31. What The Fudge?!
32. Cloak of Invisibility
33. He Listens to Bon Jovi?
34. Oh My F**king God
35. December
36. Everyone's Invited!
37. Did you just have a Mochagasm?
38. Body Language
39. Seventeen
40. Coulrophobia
41. Never Have I Ever...
42. It's like a birthday party straight out of hell
43. The Pizza Palace
44. Mute
45. Coping Techniques
46. Pillow Fight
47. Guilty Pleasure
48. The Winter Fair
49. Disappointed
50. Cross My Heart
51. The Bad-Word Jar
52. A Modern Day Casanova
53. Arcade! Arcade!
54. Neon Blue Lights
55. Paintball
56. Let it Snow
57. Cinnamon
58. We Wish you a Merry Christmas
59. Shut up, Nerd
60. Wildfire
61. Void
63. Fireworks, Disco Balls, Balloons.....
64. Capeesh?
65. Happy Fudging New Years!
PSYCH!!
Bad Boy Vacation & More
BONUS: He's Giving Me a Striptease

62. New Me Day

47.8K 1.7K 1K
By simon_waters

Charlie's POV

It was the last day of the year.

I awoke this morning with a new mindset. No more quiet Charlie, no more caring what other people thought of me, more standing up for myself....

And a whole lot of change.

"I cannot believe that you are going to get your nose pierced!" Nora let out a gasp as we entered the body piercing shop on Main Street.

With my new mindset, I wanted to do a bunch of things I haven't done or was simply too afraid to do.

And it all started with getting my nose pierced.

"Believe it." I said, approaching the counter.

"Hi, what can I do for you today?" The lady asked.

"Can I please get a nose piercing?" I asked her politely.

I've always wanted to get my nose pierced, but I was too afraid of what my parents would do, and what other people would think about it. But I didn't care anymore.

"Sure thing." She smiled at me. "Go ahead and take a seat. I'll be with you shortly."

I complied.

To my surprise, I was not at all anxious about this. In fact, I was actually pretty excited, but that could just be a side effect of having a mental breakdown.

"Some customers ask for a anesthetic agent, but it would take some time-"

"I'm good, I don't need anything." I interrupted her, shifting into coziness.

Surely it won't hurt that bad, and even if it does. What doesn't kill you..

The lady pulled on some gloves and began disinfecting my left nostril. It tickled.

I closed my eyes, inhaled a soothing breath and released it .

For the first time in a long time, I felt serene, like I was standing on top of the world and nothing could drag me back down to earth. Again, probably just a side effect of having a mental breakdown.

But I'm fine.

I'm totally fine!

I mean, am I a little ticked off? Sure.

Does my heart ache because of- No. you know what? No. I'm okay.

I'm happy and calm.

And I feel fudging great!

This is not a mental breakdown. This is tranquility.

I feel great.

HEAR THAT EVERYONE?

CHARLIE HARRINGTON IS FEELING GREAT!

"All done." The lady smiled, her lips a shade of maroon.

Wait, what? We're done?

I didn't even feel it!

"Now, you will need to clean it at least twice a day. Try not to touch or move it until it is healed, and please avoid swimming." She advised.

I eased out of the chair to look into the mirror.

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

I looked like an entirely new person.

After paying for my piercing, along with a few aftercare products, Nora and I walked down the street.

"So, why the sudden decision to pierce your nose?" She wondered.

"I wanted a change. I needed a change." Was my answer.

"Well, it suits you." She complimented.

"I hope it will look good with my new haircut." I added.

My hair has grown quite a fair bit in the past months, reaching down to my top lip. So, as part of my 'New Me Day', I decided to get it cut. I had wanted to also get it dyed, but one thing at a time.

"Haircut?" Nora asked inquiringly.

"Yeah." I smiled, excitedly.

I don't know what it was, but ever since I woke up, I've been filled with so much energy.

"Okay, Charlie. What's going on?" She wondered. "And don't talk shit to me."

I turned and smiled at her. "Nothing. I'm fine. I feel great!"

A few people passing by turned to give me a word look. The kind of look that wondered if I was just released from an asylum. The kind of look that had judgement written all over it.

But I didn't care.

I was high on life, and I hope I would never come down.

"You're not fine." She said.

"Nora, I'm fine. Okay?"

A few steps forward, we reached the hairdressers. I walked straight in and kindly asked the first hairdresser I saw for a hair cut.

"Sure, do you have a particular style in mind?" The guy asked.

"I'd just like it to be shorter. Like, this big." I used my left thumb and index finger to measure the length of what I wanted.

"Easy, go ahead and take a seat in one of the empty chairs."

I eagerly hopped into the closest chair that was vacant.

"You ready?" The hairdresser asked me.

"Yes."

~

"Oh my god! What did you do?!" My mom started as Nora and I returned home.

My nose was pierced, and itchy. My hair was cut shorter to the length that I desired, and after a spur of the moment decision, my regular light brown hair was now dyed blond.

"Surprise?" I smiled.

"Charlie Harrington! What did you do?"

"Mom, calm down." I calmly suggested.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN? You went out an poked a bloody hole in your nose and put a bunch of chemicals in your hair, and you want me to calm down?" She fumed.

"Mom, chill out." Nora voiced.

"You are going to take that nose ring out this instance, and we are dying that hair back to brown!" She demanded.

"No."

She was taken back by that, her eyes fluttering with surprise at my refusal to comply.

"Charlie." She stared sternly at me.

"Mom." I mimicked.

"John!" Mom called out to wherever dad was.

"What!" He shouted back.

"Come and take a look at your son!" She bellowed.

I heard footsteps coming from the kitchen area, headed towards the entryway where we're standing.

When he came into view, his eyes widened at my new appearance.

"Jesus!"

"See, even your father thinks it's ridiculous." She stated.

Dad scoffed. "Don't put words in my mouth, Harper." He took a step closer, examining me.

"I think he looks cool." He gave a nod of approval.

"Thanks dad." I smiled appreciatively.

"For crying out loud." My mother complained. "Why would you do that to yourself? You look so different."

"Because I hated the old me." I said. "And I wanted to change how I looked, and I think i look awesome. So why can't you just be a nice parent and say I look good instead of disregarding my feelings and making me feel like shit!"

I inhaled a deep breath and hurried upstairs to my bedroom.

So much for the new and serene me, huh.

I threw my bedroom door open and slammed it shut.

After taking a breath, I rushed towards my closet and began minimalising.

I didn't need these stupid sweaters, and I didn't want to wear dumb tight jeans anymore. Also, I hated shorts, so they have got to go.

I started a pile in the middle of my bedroom for things that have to go. It started with clothes I no longer had interest in wearing. Then I decided to widen the scale by getting rid of other things.

I tore posters off of my wall, and added anything I didn't need to the pile.

I walked towards my homework desk and began to rifle through it to find more things to throw away.

But it was mostly just filled with useful stationery.

Notebooks, textbooks, scissors, staplers, sticky tape, markers, pens, pencils and highlighters.

I rifled through the papers in one of the drawers. That's when I found that stupid drawing.

The drawing of the person I hated most. Even more than Joey.

It was the sketch of me, signed by Ace.

I picked it up, and it was as if I was examining it for the first time.

I sighed.

I wanted to just scrunch it up and toss it on the pile.

I should just do that.

Knock knock. Someone thudding their knuckles against my bedroom door distracted me.

I set the drawing back into my desk and told them to come in.

It was my mother.

I sat down on my bed, eyes facing down as I picked off the stray bits of lint on my pants.

"I'm sorry son." She said, cautiously taking a seat next to me. "I'm so sorry. You're right, I'm a crappy parent. I didn't mean to make you feel bad."

I continued picking off stray lint.

"I was being a complete ass."

I laughed.

"I think you look very handsome, I bet a lot of guys, and girls, will agree." She put a hand on my arm.

"Really?" I genuinely asked.

She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into her embrace. "Even if you had no eyebrows." Was her attempt at encouragement.

I chuckled. "I would actually jump off a cliff."

"Please forgive me for being so shitty." She implored, nudging my shoulder.

"I'll always forgive you, mom. Even if you had no eyebrows."

She laughed and shoved me playfully.

"What's with the pile?" She wondered.

"It's all part of the new and improved Charlie." I gave a smile.

She nodded, as if in thought. She's probably considering taking me for another check-up with doctor Laura Marin to see if I was experiencing another mental health episode.

"Shall we go to the mall and buy you a new closet?" She raised her eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

"Hmmmm. Will you promise to let me pick my own clothes?" I asked her.

"Fine." She rolled her eyes and smiled.

________________

So, there's only a few chapters left....

But don't worry, i have a surprise coming up, a surprise you probably won't see coming.

Also, what do you think will happen in the final chapters?

Always love reading your thoughts.

Please leave a vote and comment.

Please vote and comment.

Hoping you are all well :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 250 15
Elliot Burton hasn't known peace since Bennett Harris popped around for 6th form. Known for his strong build, rebellious streak, and aggressive tende...
2K 243 35
''Each of your scars have a story, and i am more than happy that you feel comfortable enough to let me in on those stories...'' When two polar oppos...
272K 8K 20
A twist of emotions and physical contacts leaves Cameron, the Neko, in a damaged state. (Smut Everywhere)