Bad Boy Chemistry

By simon_waters

(ENEMIES TO LOVERS) (BXB) Everyone at school knows Ace Caldwell: The Bad Boy who was expelled from his last... More

Characters & Warnings
1. When Life Gives You Lemons
2. French Word for D*ckhead!
3. Detention
4. Hello
5. Halloween in August
6. Happy Berthday Ellie?
7. String of Hearts
8. Bowling
9. I'm Fine
10. Ace
11. Harry-The-Plant
12. Go to Hell
13. Welcome to the Club
14. Nice Punch, Charlotte
15. Beach Date
16. Velvet Green
17. Cotton Candy
18. Everything
19. Break and Enter
20. Monopoly
21. The Great Apple Debate
22. Project Paris: A Presentation by Ella Jonson
23. A Cute College Dropout
24. The Hotel
25. How Many Croissants Can You Eat?
26. The 40 year old Virgin
27. The Rooftop
28. The Harpy's Nest
29. Charizard
30. Video Games
31. What The Fudge?!
32. Cloak of Invisibility
33. He Listens to Bon Jovi?
34. Oh My F**king God
35. December
36. Everyone's Invited!
37. Did you just have a Mochagasm?
38. Body Language
39. Seventeen
40. Coulrophobia
41. Never Have I Ever...
42. It's like a birthday party straight out of hell
43. The Pizza Palace
44. Mute
45. Coping Techniques
46. Pillow Fight
47. Guilty Pleasure
49. Disappointed
50. Cross My Heart
51. The Bad-Word Jar
52. A Modern Day Casanova
53. Arcade! Arcade!
54. Neon Blue Lights
55. Paintball
56. Let it Snow
57. Cinnamon
58. We Wish you a Merry Christmas
59. Shut up, Nerd
60. Wildfire
61. Void
62. New Me Day
63. Fireworks, Disco Balls, Balloons.....
64. Capeesh?
65. Happy Fudging New Years!
PSYCH!!
Bad Boy Vacation & More
BONUS: He's Giving Me a Striptease

48. The Winter Fair

50.6K 1.8K 1.3K
By simon_waters

Charlie's POV

How do you break up with someone who just said they loved you?

I stood there, completely dumbfounded. My heart began to palpitate and all the air inside of my lungs threatened to escape.

Okay, maybe I misheard him?

Maybe he said he loved my shoes and my romantic brain formed the words 'I love you'.

Maybe I've been watching too many damned rom-coms.

"Really?" Was all I managed to say.

"Yes. And you don't have to say it back, I just. I know I fucked up, and not just with the Clayton and Nora thing." I took a breath. "All that time I was friends with Joey, and all the times he bullied you, and I just stood there, afraid. Like a coward."

"At least you're not friends with him anymore."

Ryan shifted, looking up into the sky before coming back down to earth. "Do you know why I was afraid?"

I raised my eyebrows, my body slightly trembling with anxiety. "Why?" I asked him, my voice was faint.

"I was afraid that he would've found out the truth."

"That you liked boys?" I looked up at him.

"Well, yeah. But also because I liked you back then."

I felt my cheeks turn red. He liked me back then? I couldn't believe it.

There was no way, right?

I smiled at him. "You did?"

"Yeah." He blushed, reaching his hand down for mine.

"SHE DID WHAT?!!" Ella's massive gums interrupted the moment.

Both Ryan and I whipped our heads in her direction and returned to the table. "What's going on?" I asked.

"Yeah, is everything okay?" Ryan wondered.

Ella looked at me with fury. Did I do something wrong?

"Was Olivia the one who outed you to the entire school?" Ella asked, this time her voice was only loud enough for us to hear.

I looked to Clayton, then back to Ella.

"I cannot believe that bitch!" Ella stood abruptly and stomped her way across the lawn.

"Ella, wait!" I called out.

She continued across the lawn, headed towards the tree line where Olivia hung out with her squad of cheerleaders.

From behind, Ella tapped on Olivia's shoulder. Olivia turned around, only to be met with a fist to her face.

My jaw dropped as a choir of gasps filled the air.

"Holy shit!" I heard one guy say.

Clayton stifled a laugh from beside me. "Uh, Clay?"

He looked over at me, his right hand covering his mouth, as if to stop him from laughing.

"Why'd you tell her?"

"Cause." Was his vague answer.

Ella returned to the group and flipped her hair behind her shoulders, adjusting the few stray strands that frayed out.

"That was badass." Ryan stated.

I nudged him in the arm.

"Do you guys want to go to the St Griffiths Winter Fair?" Ella asked the group.

St Griffiths Winter Fair? This is the first I'm hearing of it.

"Sounds fun." Ryan said.

~

We arrived at the Winter Fair half an hour after school had ended. When I first heard about it, I imagined it to be a small affair. A few rides, few food stands, less people.

Instead, to my surprise, it was congested. There were a dozen rides, including a Ferris Wheel that would be sure to give you an entire view of both St Griffiths and Clarence.

"This looks awesome." Ella commented as we took in our surroundings.

I must admit, it looked spectacular.

Ryan's hand held mine as he whispered in my ear. "What do you want to go on first?"

"How about we just get some cotton candy and head on home." I suggested.

"You're not scared, are you?"

"Oh, he's terrified!" Ella stated.

I scoffed. "I am not scared! It's just... Carnival rides always make me feel sick." I explained.

"Scaredy cat." Ryan whispered.

I shoved him. "I'll key your car."

Ella gasped. "Oh my god, we should go on the bumper cars first!"

"Hell yeah!" Clayton said.

"Sounds good." Tom added before everyone looked to me.

"Okay." I said.

"Don't worry, you can ride with me." Ryan whispered.

I gave a weak smile, nausea beginning to set in.

I mentally prepared myself to be jerked around in a bumper car like a puppet on strings.

After the bumper cars, we went on a bunch more rides, though I refused to go on anything that was either too fast or too rough. The last thing I needed was to hurl on a carnival ride and embarrass myself in front of everyone.

The last ride of the night, well my last ride, was the Ferris wheel, which was much more scarier than it looked, especially since Ryan kept shaking the damn thing like an idiot. I literally thought the bolts were going to come undone and we'd fall to our deaths.

When the Ferris wheel stopped, allowing us to get off, we walked around the carnival and played some games. I failed at milk bottle ring toss, and basically at every other game we played.

"Do you want to play another game?" Ryan asked.

"Uh, maybe we could get a bite?"

I honestly felt like I had been starved for a week. I could eat anything.

"Okay, sure."

We headed towards the nearest food stand and gave them an order. Ryan ordered a jumbo corn dog and a can of cola, while I just ordered a small bucket of fries and a cup of strawberry soda.

"I wonder where the others are." I looked around to see if I could spot any member of our group.

"After we eat, do you wanna go on the twister thing?" Ryan asked.

I shook my head. "Nah, I don't wanna be sick."

The sun had just fallen over the horizon, so the entire fair was glowing with lights.

As we sat down to eat our food, I kept my eye out for Ella, Tom and Clayton.

These fries were heavenly! I gave a moan of satisfaction as I shoved another fry in my mouth.

Ryan put his hands in my fries and took a handful, causing me to frown at him. "Hey." I nudged him.

"I just wanted to see what the fuss was about." He popped the fries in his mouth and smiled. "Damn, these fries are good!"

"Then get your own." I smacked him playfully, continuing to eat my fries.

"Huh, I didn't know Ace had a girlfriend." Ryan voiced.

I turned to face him. "What do you mean?"

He gestured over towards the balloon popping station where Ace had held out a stuffed Teddy bear to an unfamiliar girl.

I didn't know he had a girlfriend either.

From where I was seated, i could tell that she was beautiful. Raven black hair and an accentuated body. The way she was acting with him, it was as if they had been dating for years.

I turned away, feeling a sudden hint of jealousy as I took a handful of fries and shoved them in my mouth.

When I turned back to look at them again, they were kissing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 12.3K 35
(bxb) After a year of surviving an all boys boarding school, William Brown thought he had finally navigated the ups and downs that the rich, private...
72.3K 4K 16
[BXB] Two boys, an ice cream store and a summer to fall in love. ✩✩✩ Outgoing Tanner makes it a mission to befriend his reserved coworker Austin over...
272K 8K 20
A twist of emotions and physical contacts leaves Cameron, the Neko, in a damaged state. (Smut Everywhere)
133K 4.1K 24
(BoyxBoy) Carson's snarky, rude and badboy attitude is why every teacher hates him and why he draws the negative attention of the perfect boy jocks...