The Samurai of the Eagle Union

By FuyumiAsaki

All I see is darkness sweeping over me. I tried to run to that light, only for it to disappear before me. My... More

Chapter 1: The eagles have landed
Chapter 2: Comforting the Sakura-Eagle
Chapter 3: Training begins
Chapter 4: Cultural exchange
Chapter 5: Day in the city
Chapter 6: 初出撃 (First Sortie)
Chapter 7: Fuyumi's caring side
Chapter 8: Time to break up?
Chapter 9: Business to take care of at home
Chapter 10: Training camp, next mission, and a mysterious past
Chapter 11: エクササイズ (Exercise)
Chapter 12: Sent far beyond the frontlines
Chapter 13: The enemy's got some serious firepower
Chapter 15: Happy Valentine's
Chapter 16: The Hunt is about to begin
Chapter 17: The interception
Chapter 18: Europeans getting along
Chapter 19: A New Force enters the battlefield
Chapter 20: Witches Take off!
Chapter 21: Training on new striker units
Chapter 22: Into despair
Chapter 23: The show must go on
Chapter 24: Outside of their main job and repairing relations
Chapter 25: A summer break
Chapter 26: Happy birthday Inorin
Chapter 27: Happy birthday Sanya
Chapter 28: Happy birthday Jintsu
Chapter 29: Merry Christmas
Chapter 30: The end?
Chapter 30.5: An argument
Chapter 31: Awakening
Chapter 32: Recovery
Chapter 33: Training both old and new
Chapter 34: Planning for the Future
Chapter 35: An Unforgettable Birthday
Chapter 36: Back in Service
Chapter 37: The end?

Chapter 14: Big sisters and the First European have arrived

97 2 0
By FuyumiAsaki

Yokosuka
3rd February 2022
No POV

As the sun was about to rise in the summoning room three figures walked out of the fog to see flags, they recognized since these three either survived into the post-war era or were born in the said era before they looked at each other.

???: "I'll introduce myself first, I'm USS Valley Forge, CV-45. Nice to meet you."

USS Valley Forge
Spirit-world
October 29th, 1971

After my service in two wars and many decorations in those wars, attempts to save me resulted in failure I today shall disappear, but one question lingered in my mind, as there was someone missing since I was CV-45 and Philippine Sea who is scrapped months prior is CV-47. So, my question is who CV-46 is, guess I'll never know the answer to this question, but I wished I had known her name if she had one, and with that thought, my final chapter ended.

Present day

As I slept, I heard something through my ears.

???: "Do you wish to know me?"

I thought about this, did it mean my sister that I thought before my scrapping was complete? I could tell her voice doesn't belong to any of my sisters, so who is she? But since it was the only thing on my mind that I've ever thought of, and if she does exist, 'I want to look after and support her as her older sister, all the way and I won't abandon her a second time if she did exist.' At that thought, I was hit by a bright light.

Real-world

As I came to, I saw two figures beside me, I wonder who they are.

Valley: "I'll introduce myself first, I'm USS Valley Forge, CV-45. Nice to meet you."

???1: "Big sis I've missed you, I'm USS Philippine Sea, CV-47."

I couldn't believe it my sister who was scrapped just months before me is here now, but that same question remains even all these years later whatever this year may be.

USS Philippine Sea
23rd March 1971
Spirit-world

I'll be honest I didn't do much for my service life since I only served in Korea and since then I wasn't remodeled making me one of the five, I just thought about this but who was between me and Valley Forge? Whoever she is I'll never know but I think many of us can agree we wish to know her name.

Present day

As I quietly rest something woke me from my sleep.

???: "Do you wish to know me?"

I thought, could it mean the identity of my sister if she was named? She doesn't sound like any of my sisters so could she be our missing sister? I had thought 'Well as her big sister, I want to know about her life if she had one and if she did, I want to help her out of that.' With that, I was hit by quite a bright light.

Real-world

Where am I? and what year is this? I believe the two figures had the same question as me, as I was lost in thought one of us spoke up.

Valley: "I'll introduce myself first, I'm USS Valley Forge, CV-45. Nice to meet you."

Philippine: "Big sis I've missed you, I'm USS Philippine Sea, CV-47. Now it's your turn."

???2: "I'm HMS Sheffield, pennant number C24 nice to meet you."

HMS Sheffield
Unknown date, Unknown month, 1967
Spirit world

A year ago, I was sent to be preserved as I was more in the character of WW2 Britannian cruisers and one of the last three standing by 1966 but as fate would have it, I couldn't be preserved due to my materials deteriorating I couldn't be preserved and instead Belfast was chosen.

I could tell she was crying as she left us as the three of us came to know each other's service records and when it came to me it hurts her even more as I was her older sister, but no one can have nice things can they? Before she left us, she promised that she'll remember both of us as she moves to become a museum, as for me I wonder 'what her life will be like, and if I'll ever see her again', Not long after that thought I headed to sleep.

Present day

As I continue my sleep a voice woke me up.

???: "Sheffield, our world that we live in now needs our help, please." I recognize that voice that was Belfast, judging by her voice the world I left is now in danger. 'I want to fight for the peace of our world that I once left, no matter how hard it'll be to achieve it. I wonder who'll my allies be. Would I meet my once-former enemies and get on good terms? and most importantly can I see her again?' That light blinded me.

Real-world

As I came to, I saw two figures beside me and the two introduced themselves.

Valley: "I'll introduce myself first, I'm USS Valley Forge, CV-45. Nice to meet you."

Philippine: "Big sis I've missed you, I'm USS Philippine Sea, CV-47. Now it's your turn."

Sheffield: "I'm HMS Sheffield, pennant number C24 nice to meet you."

No POV

As the three got acquainted with each other Chiyase stepped in.

Chiyase: "Sorry I'm late, let's get started on introductions. I'm Chiyase, admiral of the Eagle Union, and yes, I'm sure your curious as to why I'm in the navy but I'll explain later when we're seated." Then the three introduced each other to her.

Chiyase: "Nice to meet you all, and Sheffield for now you're staying in the Eagle Union's dorm since there are no members of the Royal Navy here yet. I'll try to get in contact with someone from your navy."

Sheffield: "I see, that's okay then."

Chiyase: "Good, now if you'll follow me."

The three of them followed and as they walked by, they saw another flag present that was of the nation of Sakura as they exited the port was filled with life from conversations happening all around them. They soon reach the cafeteria where she explained everything to them over a meal.

Valley: "So that's what's happening now, all right when do we start."

Chiyase: "At most a week from now to get your equipment and a month at most to give you the green light for combat. Oh yeah, I just remembered Valley, Philippine, one of your sisters is currently on a mission right now."

Valley: "EH, who is she."

She shows them a photo of her taken just before she left, they thought hard but couldn't put it as they have never seen any of them like that even if they were deployed to Sakura during the post-war years, they didn't wear it for long and yet she told them she's been wearing since last month and hasn't changed too much since.

Philippine: "No clue, can you tell us."

Chiyase: "Her name is Iwo Jima, CV-46, the last of your class to be built." The question that has lingered in both of their minds for decades has now finally been answered.

Philippine: "How has she been?" The two sisters were worried as they'd never seen her in combat.

Chiyase: "To put it simply she had a rough start thanks to me, but because the girls care for her so much that the past simply never existed in their minds as they focus on making her happy since she's never been 'born'. Oh yeah, Sheffield, you'll be staying with her once she gets back."

Sheffield: "Is it because I'll be placed in a weird spot?"

Chiyase: "Yeah, and besides it's also a good experience for when more of your friends and Karlsland get here, they'll look towards you since you're the most experienced even if it's a different kind of setting, but it still can apply."

Sheffield: "Then when can you get in contact with my admiral?"

Chiyase: "Not sure when given their busy trying to maintain a supply route to your homeland, but I'm sure they'll find time to talk with you. Speaking of that I'll send a message to Fuyumi to call me ASAP."

Valley/Philippine/Sheffy: "Wait why are you calling her that?"

Chiyase: "Well it's because using her full name is cumbersome and using her first name is saddening because its meaning is sulfur. So, she thought Fuyumi meaning Winter Beauty would be a more fitting name for her to go by."

Valley/Philippine: "I see." She sent out a message and off her phone.

Chiyase: "All we can do is wait for her to get back to us, so just enjoy the rest of the day, but be here for dinner I'll show you to your rooms."

Valley/Philippine/Sheffy: "Understood." Valley and Philippine went together but they can't help but wonder what her personality is like.

Valley's POV

As we left, we saw a group of carriers, two of ours and two of theirs. We thought where better to understand who she is than the ones who could've potentially trained her.

Valley: "Um can we borrow some of your time."

???: "Sure, and you are?"

Valley: "I'm USS Valley Forge, and this is my sister Philippine Sea." We bowed our heads.

???: "Nice to meet you I'm Lexington CV-2, and this is Hornet CV-8, Akagi, and lastly Kaga."

Valley: "We want to know more about our sister's personality so could we ask you?"

Akagi: "Sure, just so you know we're not as close to her as her own fleet members, but we'll provide what we can to answer that question of yours."

Philippine: "Thank you very much." They brought us to the looks of a hotel placed behind another dorm with the Eagle and Sakura being fused to make a very beautiful emblem.

Hotel

Hornet: "Well this is the first time I'm in this place and it looks like your not in the base at all."

Lexington: "Yeah, but back on topic we should go in chronological order."

Hornet: "Yeah, well I'm the first to meet her and have been with her since day one ain't too long because of her own command and before that she spends time with her friends. In the instances I have spoken to her, she's a kind girl and as far as I could tell a troubled one too cause of her past, but with everyone here she's happy."

Akagi: "Kaga and I were next, like Hornet we didn't speak often since she's used to training with second or fifth carrier division, but the times we did train with her. She's a determined and strong-willed opponent to face, her story until now is like that of our nation's flower that has not ended yet, and while we all wish her a happy life, we all know too well that it doesn't last forever, we'll support her to the best of our abilities when the time comes." Kaga nods her head.

Lexington: "I was last, compared to them I spent even less time with her, but as her senior, I still care for her because she's new to all this. The feeling of joy, sadness, meetings, and parting ways with those she cares about. Like Akagi and Kaga I'll support her when the time comes, I even gave her a good luck charm even if it's mostly made of an unlucky color." She shows us the photo of the scarf.

Lexington: "I made it as an interpretation of her breaking away from the past of eternal sleep and into the future represented by the white Sakura flowers. She gave me a good luck charm in return."

She pulls a plane from her hangar and shows the group, it looks like a Zero dating from the Pacific war, but it was slightly larger and had a bit more firepower.

Lexington: "She made these new planes before she left calling them the A6M9 type 0 model 22, in short, it kept good things about the old design while adding new things to it, such as armor protection for the pilot and self-sealing fuel tanks. Can't wait to tell her that its performance was amazing. Akagi, Kaga, here." She passed them the plane.

Akagi: "You sure this is okay."

Lexington: "Yeah, I also want you both to have a feel of it since you're most familiar with the Zero."

Kaga: "Very well then, Akagi I believe you should try it out first."

Akagi: "Understood."

She takes the plane into her hangar, and we head to the carrier range to let it loose, during her evaluation it went up to I think about six hundred and fifty kilometers per hour, its turn time was equal to those of the late war Zeroes. It returns to her, and she passes it to Kaga who also arrived at the same conclusion. For the rest of the day, we got to know them better.

Sheffield's POV

As I wonder around the base, I saw someone lying down on the grass near a tree simply taking a nap, based on her clothing she must be from Sakura.

???: "Hmmm..." She stretches her muscles as I think she had a long nap. "I haven't seen you before, you are."

Sheffield: "I'm HMS Sheffield, just call me Sheff, and you are."

???: "Lead ship of the Sendai class, Sendai. Say you love night battles?"

Sheffield: "I quite enjoy it as it's a game of cat and mouse without radar."

Sendai: "That's indeed true, now then let's prepare."

???1: "Not so fast, she's new here maybe you'll get that chance when she gets hers."

Sendai: "Alright, see ya around."

???1: "Goodness, so your Sheffield right."

Sheff: "Just call me Sheff and you are?"

???1: "I'm USS Arizona, BB-39." Wait am I seeing things? Is this Arizona, the ship that brought the Eagle Union into the war with her death?

Arizona: "My admiral told me to bring you to your new room now since I believe you don't have much to do here for now, right?"

Sheff: "Yeah, let's go." We head over to the Eagle Union dorm, as we were about to approach, I noticed a very odd building made in the middle of the two camps.

Arizona: "You're wondering about that building, aren't you?" I nod my head. "That building is recognized by both sides to be neutral ground, it's not to say we can't cross over as and when we please, but it's easier to not feel so on edge there."

Sheff: "I see." We head into the Eagle Union Dorm, she brought me up to the second floor and finds an empty room.

Arizona: "Well, I'll see you for dinner."

Sheff: "Yeah." I look forward to seeing her and possibly staying in her dorm.

No POV

It was already night when the three of them met up again.

Chiyase: "All right Sheff, you know which room you're staying in right?"

Sheff: "Yes, that just leaves the two of them." Just then a ring interrupts them, and Chiyase picked it up to reveal a face time.

Fuyumi: "Hey admiral, what's with your message all of a sudden don't tell me there's an OP more important than Hawaii."

Chiyase: "It's not that, but rather I want you to meet your sisters." She motions to them to say hi.

Valley/Philippine: "Hey sis, it's us Valley Forge/ Philippine Sea."

Fuyumi shed some tears as to think she's not going to be treated like their sister despite being born many decades later than them, but to at least the two of them they consider having failed her once already, and now that she's here they won't fail her again by not being good big sisters to her.

Valley: "Sorry we couldn't be there for you when you needed us, but we're going to be here for you from now on, that's our promise."

Fuyumi: "Yes."

Chiyase: "Sorry to butt in but you've got someone to take care of."

Sheff: "I'm Sheffield you can call me Sheff, nice to meet you."

Fuyumi: "Nice to meet you too, so let me guess I'll be taking care of you until your admiral arrives, right?"

Sheff: "Yes."

Fuyumi: "Well I'll make sure you're well taken care of, and if you want to stay after your admiral arrives then just say it to your admiral, okay?"

Sheff: "Understood."

Fuyumi: "Is that all admiral?"

Chiyase: "Yes, that's everything, goodnight."

Fuyumi: "Goodnight." She ends the call and they all headed off to bed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 653 35
(This will be my second story of Shipgirls getting Reincarnated Project) A Month before The Attack on Pearl Harbor, Nagato started to have dreams of...
17.6K 505 26
On 7 August 1943 during In the Battle of Vella Gulf, Kawakaze was at death's door, as her crew, and her comrades betrayed her as they were ordered by...
5.1K 143 16
"Destiny is no matter of Chance. It is a matter of Choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved... Destiny is what you're...
35.4K 437 27
Well it's done. All Sirens are confirmed destroyed, the Crimson Axis has surrendered and have joined forces with the rest of Azur lane and peace was...