UNSPOKEN | scaramouche

By txtaer

you're holding me and holding back. | 暗黙の a scaramouche x reader au where you experience your first heartbre... More

✎ 𝐚/𝐧 ⁉️
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12
part 13
part 14
part 15
part 16
part 17
part 18
part 19
part 20
part 21
part 22
part 23
part 24
part 25
part 26
part 27 - ending.
BONUS

𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭 ; 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲.

7.3K 246 531
By txtaer

please note — !

this is a ONE-SHOT. it will not affect the real plot-line of my story. take it as a late valentine's day special one-shot and don't associate the plot-line here with the actual story lol

genres: angst, fluff, humour
word count: 2.3k (it's long i'm sorry T.T)

now playing::

» spring day - bts «
1:11 ─〇───── 4:34
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"why are you so mad on a february morning?" childe kept nudging him, receiving an annoyed face in response.

"go bother someone else, i'm not in the mood." scaramouche turned to the side, away from childe, who had an everlasting smile plastered on his face.

"is our little kuni mad he's alone on a valentine's day? hah, didn't know you were into that." childe laughed, but scaramouche didn't find this funny at all. he didn't want to lose his temper and cause a scene, so he decided to keep quiet.

they were in the middle of a park. scaramouche wanted to have a walk alone until he met childe on the way, who apparently had a date with his boyfriend and was supposed to meet up here. just when he thought his day couldn't get worse.

"oh, looks like my date's here, see you later scarapooki— ouch!" he finally got the punch scaramouche has been wanting to give ever since they came here.

"fine, i'll stop! see you later."  childe playfully winked before running over to his date, who seemed lost. it looked like it was his first time coming here.

scaramouche sighed. what was he supposed to do now? wait, why did he even come here in the first place? of course, it's because he had a tiny bit of hope that maybe he would see her today. maybe she would finally come back.

3 long years. they didn't see a trace of each other. talking through texts didn't have the same feeling as seeing her face to face. he couldn't hold her in his arms, he couldn't get cuddles, he couldn't get small kisses. though he deeply hated physical affection, he somehow craved for them whenever she was around.

how much more do i have to wait?

3 years passed without seeing each other, promises broken a couple of times, when she'd tell him she's coming soon, but when exactly is soon? everyday he'd come out, hoping she'd magically appear in the midst of a crowd, locking eyes with each other, and hopefully run towards each other to share the longest hug.

he hated how much of a hopeless romantic he was. he hated himself for fantasising about his love life. he never thought he would even have a love life in the first place, but there he was, clouded with an eternity of thoughts, thinking about nothing but her.

just like that, another valentine's day passed. she wasn't there, again. he should be used to this feeling at this point, the feeling of hopelessness and emptiness. those two were his everyday feelings. but every time he started feeling that way, he wanted to cry. and he did.

scaramouche reminded himself he was in public, and he definitely wouldn't want anyone to see him vulnerable. so he quickly held back his tears and stood up, taking the same old route back to his home and do nothing, except for blocking every single couple he sees on his social medias. he was envious. wasn't he destined to be happy too?

on reaching his house, his eyes landed on an envelope that was designed prettily and laid right in front of his entrance. who could've possibly given him that? a secret admirer perhaps? he wasn't in awe, he was creeped out at the thought that the owner of the envelope might know his address.

he went inside and quickly closed his door to not let the cold air hit him, and slowly opened the envelope. it was a letter. and it had a familiar handwriting...

dear scaramouche,

it's your one and only bbg >:)

happy valentine's day or whatever, nothing's special about it. we collectively agreed on this, right? we pinky promised every 14th of february, we'd pose as random hot girls through our accounts and text the girlfriends we are the hot girls their man has been cheating on.

wait... now that i think of it, damn we are both bad people. but it's okay, in other words we are just baddies >:) :p :0 ;) (please don't cringe, i'm definitely being satire here. i think.)

i'm losing focus of the main point again... we haven't seen each other for a long time right? i know it's not possible for us to meet face to face, i don't know when that is going to happen, but the least i can do is create a small surprise for you! that is why, go to the park, to the seventh bench from the entrance to the left, i have another letter saved for you. as for what happens after that, you'll find out on the second letter! good luck with this puzzle, i hope your brain isn't dead from missing me too much. L.

- your lovely worm 🪱

scaramouche glared. was he happy? he was more than happy. he suddenly gained every little motivation to complete this puzzle of hers, which he found entirely unnecessary and stupid. but he'd do it just for her. though he promised himself in his mind that he would take revenge on her for whatever jokes she made on him on the letter. letters are supposed to be romantic, but all she did was bully him and add random anime girl drawings everywhere.

he unlocked the entrance of his door and headed out, back to the park. as soon as he reached the park he searched for seventh seat, and as expected, there was indeed a letter on the bench.  the way it was just out in the open like that made him realise what would other people's reactions be if they decided to read the letter before his arrival.

this letter had the same design as before, with all those anime drawings again. but this time, it was anime men.

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE AN 8 YEAR OLD WITH A BOWL CUT AND MOMMY ISSUES AND NO FRIENDS (EXTREME)

"what the fuck? it's a jellyfish cut!" scaramouche literally said that out loud, not noticing there was a kid and a parent walking past him, as the kid looked clueless while the parent eyed at him for swearing in front of her kid. like he cared at that moment.

he was just glad even if anyone read it, they would never know it's him since his name wasn't menti—

OR IF YOU'RE NOT SCARAMOUCHE/KUNIKUZUSHI/BABYGIRL

he thought too soon, noticing these lines right after reading the first line. what was her plan exactly? to humiliate him in public? he continued reading.

sooo your lazy ass finally decided to walk and actually search for this letter. as a lazy person myself, i'm impressed. i promise the next one is the last one. go to the university library, to our go-to spot, you know where that is right? yeah you'll find the last letter there. goodluck!

- your lovely worm 🪱

he groaned. what was she trying to do? he scoffed at the nickname that was in the end. he remember calling her a worm in a fight and instead of getting mad, she had bowed down dramatically before him, asking him to call her that again. moments like this made him regret shedding tears for someone who he believed clearly belonged to the psych ward.

regardless, he still continued on his little
journey to the university library. on reaching the library, he went straight to their go-to place, hoping to see the letter on the desk.

but he didn't. his eyes slightly grew wide. what if someone stole it? his entire self dignity would be lost if someone decides to read all the funny remarks about him that was probably mentioned just like the last two letters. he heavily sighed, slightly disappointed in himself. the universe hated him so much he wasn't even allowed to get the surprise from her.

they were like the sun and the moon, not personality wise, but he wishes that was the case instead. in actuality, it was because they never seemed to cross paths with each other. in theory, this concept sounded romantic, but it was painful. he couldn't imagine not ever seeing her again. 3 years wasn't even that long, but if they were fated to be like the sun and the moon, those 3 years could turn into a lifetime. and he dreaded that.

how many more nights do i have to stay up?

"looking for this?" he broke out of his thoughts as soon as he heard someone calling out to him. the voice felt oddly familiar... and nostalgic. he quickly turned around to look at the owner of the voice.

there she was. was he dreaming? maybe he has finally become delusional, maybe he finally started hallucinating, he's the one who needs to be sent to the psych ward now. he looked away from the smiling figure, hoping she would disappear since he assumed it was just a part of his imagination.  but when he looked back, she was still there.

"what are you... doing here?" he hardly managed to let those words out, considering his throat was dry from the sudden mixed feelings he got.

"to meet you obviously." she raised her eyebrows, having the letter on one hand.

"fuck off."

she twitched the moment he let those words out, but she calmed herself down, assuming he was just overwhelmed.

"i was expecting you to come and hug me, but that works too i guess." y/n replied, making eye contact with him.

he looked at her bewildered, letting out a sarcastic snicker. "3 years, y/n. you promised me you'd be back in no time. do you know how long i waited for you?"

"i'm sorry, it was my parents' decision, not mine. and... we'll be going back soon again..."

scaramouche sighed, "are you going away, permanently?"

y/n looked down, unable to reply. she knew that if she did, she'd start tearing up again.

"i'll take it as a yes..."

"i'm so sorry, i promise i will come back—"

"another fake promise." scaramouche coldly cut her off.

his reply was enough to make y/n tear up, which she quickly wiped off in embarrassment. he noticed.

he slowly walked towards her and held her face on both of his hands, looking straight into her teary eyes. "promise me something realistic. i'm tired of false hopes."

"what?" y/n asked in almost a whisper.

"let's promise to keep loving each other, no matter how far we are." he said, with genuineness visible in his voice.

y/n nodded, her teary expression now replaced with a faint smile. "you know time's running out, will you take the next step or not?" she jokingly asked, as she noticed he still had both of his hands on either sides of her face.

"your letters were stupid, by the way." scaramouche scoffed, before closing the gap between the tiny space between them, as their lips crashed onto each other. their lips moved in a rhythm, god knows how much he craved her touch ever since she left. he didn't want to pull away at all, as his hand went to the back of her head, pulling in deeper.

their little moment continued for a few minutes, as they were almost running of breath but neither of them wanted to pull back. until a foreign voice interrupted them.

"i know it's valentine's day and all but stop kissing in the library oh my god." hearing this made both y/n and scaramouche to pull away from the kiss, noticing none other than kaveh.

both of their faces flushed pink, realising they got caught. just then, another person joined in. obviously it was alhaitham, who else would it be?

"why are you so pissed off suddenly? i saw you were staring them kiss for a whole minute." alhaitham commented with a raised eyebrow, earning a shocked look from kaveh.

"what!? huh? you saw?? wait, why were YOU looking at me for a whole minute???" now it was kaveh's turn to raise his eyebrows.

alhaitham stayed silent. no emotion could be seen from his outer expression, but he internally died a little on the inside.

"that's what i thought! i know i'm pretty." kaveh flipped his hair back.

"whatever makes you sleep at night." alhaitham replied, before turning around to walk back to his place.

"hey wait! i'm not done yet, muscle bitch!" kaveh shouted, as he followed his footsteps, and soon disappeared from the sight.

"these two are so weird..." y/n sighed.

scaramouche narrowed his eyes. he was annoyed he got interrupted in between the kiss, that was the last thing he wished for.

"let's continue this at my home." he spoke in a monotonous tone, causing y/n to side-eye.

"sure whatever, you want me so bad."

"i wasn't the one who was just crying a few minutes ago!" scaramouche defended himself even though in reality, he was indeed down bad.

"i know you cry like a baby to sleep every night because you miss me so much, let's not lie there." y/n jokingly said.

"wait how'd you know?"

"WHAT?"

—☆—

the rest of the day, both y/n and scaramouche decided to spend their time together at his home, as neither of them left each other's embrace, thinking if they did, the other one would go away.

y/n would be going away soon, and scaramouche promised himself he'd make as much memories as he could during their little time together. their valentine's day wasn't the most ideal, but at least they were both in each other's presence physically now, if not forever. they made a promise, and both of them knew they would never break this one up.

until i can see you? until i can meet you?

the end.

—☆—

a/n: my single ass made me write this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 827 14
❝ i hope i never lose you, hope it never ends. i'd never walk cornelia street again.❞ modern!au it was bad for him, for you, for the both of you. you...
232K 7.4K 29
✩❢ scara x f. reader ✦ genshin modern au fanfic ❧ you move to your online friends school. whil...
18K 893 37
001 -^𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔^- --𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐊𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐮𝐳𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢 Previous title: 'Next...
34.7K 1.2K 20
❀ -ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ 'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪ'ᴅ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ ᴍʏꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴅʀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ- 'ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴘᴇᴛ...