Notice me

By InNeedOfHollyWater

As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save he... More

Welcome darlings.
01 | Prince
02 | Sign
03 | Project
04 | Drained
05 | Alex
07 | Nightmares
08 | Glasses
09 | A Guest
10 | Threat
11 | Rain
12 | 10 Dollars
13 | Abuse
14 | Notice Me
15 | Teddy Bear And Bouquet
16 | Help; Part 1
17 | Help; Part 2
18 | Why?
19 | Plan G
20 | Pinky Promise
21 | Weak
22 | Bye Bitch
23 | Letter
24 | Rumors
25 | Court
26 | Connection
EASTER SPECIAL
27 | Pretty Girl
28 | Criminal
29 | Father
30 | Old Man
31 | Friends
32 | Change Of Plans
33 | Question
34 | Cliché
35 | Finally Saved
Former Ending (Didn't Make It)
Tips From Me

06 | Candy Cane

665 15 10
By InNeedOfHollyWater

Sienna's POV

I walk into my English class. The only class that is shared with Cheryl, Kane, and Dom.

I go and sit in my usual spot like always. Greeting my best friend who is already sitting there, beside my seat.

"No broken car today?" I joke.

She laughs, "luckily no broken car today."

We chat for some more when two sets of footsteps are heard entering the classroom. I look up and see Kane with Dom take a seat in front of us.

Cheryl sets her elbows on the desk and leans forward. "What happened to you two sitting in the back?"

That is the time a realized I have never acknowledged them in any of my classes. Especially this one.

I look around the classroom now noticing faces I have never seen before. Am I this ignorant?

Dom rolls his eyes playfully. "Hello to you too."

Kane smiles brightly. "We figured since we have the project going on and we are bonding,--"

Bonding?

",-- like friends. We could you know be together if someone needs help or something. None of us talk to others in this class than the one we are sitting next to."

True true.

Cheryl nods. "Yea why not."

Dom chimes into the conversation. "That brings me to a question: Do you want to join us for lunch?"

We look at each other. Communicating with our eyes and facial expression.

From the corner of my eye, I see Kane look at Dominic with a confused expression.

"Are they mind linking each other?" Kane whispers not so quietly to Dom.

Dominic shakes his head and whispers back, "I don't know but that is creepy as fuck."

We startle them when we turn our heads in their direction. Cheryl sweetly smiles. "We can try and then we will see how it goes."

We are just going to do this testing trial and see if we want our peace at lunch or if they will be fine.

☆ ☆ ☆

I want the peacefulness back.

Cheryl is arguing with Dom about who should get the last fries.

They are so into their argument they don't notice Kane taking the fries.

I glance at him with a lifted eyebrow.

He shrugs his shoulders with an innocent smile. "They will be cold once they finally stop. Better eat them when they are fresh and good." He offers me some.

I gladly take them.

And that's what we do. We share the fries. Eating them while watching the other two argue.

The argument goes from fries to other things I didn't bother catching.

"They are like an old married couple." I voice out for Kane to hear.

He laughs.

Soon the argument is over. Kane quickly eats the last fry, hiding the empty bag. I fight back the smile that is threatening to break out.

"You are always awfully quiet," Dom comments and looks in my direction.

"Thanks?"

Kane kicks his friend under the table. "He didn't intend the sentence to be that harsh."

I zone out for a second. Looking around the cafeteria on my daily inspection with a bit of judging.

I especially look for outfits to maybe get inspiration for me or Cheryl. Most of the time my eyes tend to capture specific people several times. One of them is this girl. She is really pretty with a bubbly personality. Others around her? Not so much. Her friends are bitches. That poor girl went through so much heartbreak because of some stupid boys. And her friends don't warn her about red flags. Yet she still finds a new boyfriend that will last a month max.

And that thing is so strange to me. It blows my mind when people have a boyfriend slash a girlfriend, break up, and then just find another one. I can only sit and stare, stunned.

"Sienna?"

I avert my eyes from the girl to my 3 friends.

"We've been talking about nicknames. I love nicknames. But the thing is we can't come up with Kane's nickname." Dom explains.

"His name isn't mouthful. Kane is fine." Cheryl reasons.

"Gosh, woman! But it's boring."

Kane dramatically gasps. "Excuse me?"

"Candy cane." I blurt out.

The whole table quiets down giving me the look.

"You wanted a nickname. I gave you one. Kane, Cane. Get it? Whatever." I give up.

Laughter shortly follows.

Fuckers.

Dom wheezes. "He-He has candy cane somewhere else!" Louder laughter follows. Hyena like one from Dom especially.

Kane wipes his tears, slowly calming his laughter down. "You are effortlessly funny."

Cheryl fans her eyes. "My makeup." She cries yet she is still silently laughing.

When I think they calmed down Kane turns to Dom. He puts his hand on Dom's shoulder and they make eye contact. "Dom? Do you... Do you want to suck on my candy cane?"

Cheryl covers her mouth trying to not laugh.

Boys try to hold it too. I even see little tears gathering in Dom's eyes.

They break. Laughing their asses off.

☆ ☆ ☆

I enter my house when my phone vibrates with multiple messages.

I ignore the first few ones but I get annoyed with the next ones. Walking to my room I unlock my phone. Seeing a whole new group chat with unread messages. I open it.

I shake my head in amusement.

I lay on my bed. Still feeling my phone vibrate.

Then it hit me. A smile makes its way onto my face. It stretches from ear to ear making me grin with my teeth showing.

I cover my face with both of my forearms. A muffled chuckle comes out of my mouth.

I have friends.

Not only one.

More.

I have a friend group.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7M 228K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
19M 586K 56
"Never call a girl a bitch," I glared into his eyes as he opened them, piercing into me, the bright blue drink I had just poured over him still dripp...
258 35 6
He'd never met someone so innocent.So annoying.So optimistic.So full of light.Not to mention her modest way of life. He hates it.He hates what she do...
305K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...