MaAn - Tale Of 2005

By ShrishtySays

Story Of How destiny brings Anuj And Anupama again in front of each other after 10 years since her marriage... More

Chapter - I [Tune Jo Naa Kaha]
Chapter - II [Dard Pehle Se Hai Jyada]
Chapter - III [Hasti Rahe Tu Hasti Rahe]
Chapter - IV [Ye Raat Bhi Guzar Jayegi]
Chapter - V [Do Pal Rukaa Khwabon Ka Karwaan]
chapter - VI [MAI HOON SAATH TERE]
Chapter - VII [Yoon Shabnami Pehle Nahi Thi Chandani ]
Chapter - VIII [Kuch To Bata Zindagi]
Chapter - IX [Meri Duniya Hai...Tujhme Kahi]
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter - X [Jiye To Jiye Kaise...Bin Aapke]
Chapter - XI [Jo Tu Mera Humdard Hai]
Chapter - XII [Jeete Hai Chal]
Chapter - XIII [Chupana Bhi Nahi Aata]
Chapter - XIV [Ek Ladki Ko Dekha To]
Chapter - XV [Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye] ~Part - 1
Chapter - XV [Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye] ~Part - II
Chapter - XVI [Pyaar Hai Yaa Sazaa]
Chapter - XVIII [Akhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se]
chapter - XIX [Ek Dooje Ke Vaaste]
Chapter - XX [Ye Dil Tum Bin]
Chapter - XXI [ Darlin' you look perfect tonight]
Chapter - XXII [Sab kuch Hi Mitaa denge]
Chapter - XXIII [Sab kuch hi Mitaa denge (Part - II)]
Chapter - XXIV [ Jalte Diye ]

Chapter - XVII [Abhi Na Jao Chodkar]

1.1K 89 28
By ShrishtySays

Writer's Note :

Welcome Back Lovely Reader!!

Posting here after a long time due to prior commitments. Apologies for the same. Thankyouu to each and every one of you for being patient with my delays. It really means a lot to me. Many of you were emotional regarding the last chapter.
Here's the New Chapter to make up for it!!!
Hope you like it.

AND Happy Valentine's Day To Everyone Celebrating....This is a little gift from my side🥰❤️

Recap - Anupama is shocked to hear Anuj's confession and goes away. Anuj is guilty and comes to meet her but finds out that she hates him. He left for the US but forgot some important documents at her house. Will Anupamaa reach Airport on time??

Read To Find Out!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her eyes welled up with tears, heart racing apace, she rushed towards him.

"Anooooooooj"

He turned back, only to collide with her as she lost her balance and held his shoulders for support. Her warm hasty breathe touched his neck and made him aware of her urgency. She wanted to speak in galore but something stopped her. She stood on her feet, looked straight at him -

"Mat Jaaiye naa....Mujhe Chodkar"

He wiped a tear fell on her cheek and poked her nose -

"Rote hue tumhari naak laal ho jati hai yaar"

They both laughed out loud.

AN HOUR BEFORE

"Bhaiya Jaldi Chalao ne"
said Anupama, wheeling her Pallu in distress. She had to reach the Airport before he checked in. She knew it wasn't a movie and they won't let her in without a ticket. She knew him very well,  He would have to leave without the documents that he required if she didn't reach before the boarding time.
One call of Mr. Patel, his secretary gave her the shock of life.

"Anuj Sir is leaving for New York today but he forgot his important documents at your residence I guess, ma'am. Please check if it's there."

That was enough for the landline to slip from her hands.

"He is leaving...without telling me....he told me he loved me that day...do you leave the people you love...how can he....No I can't...I can't"

Only these thoughts were running through her mind since then. She never felt this restless before.

SARDAR VALLABHBHAI PATEL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
GATE - 3

Anuj was standing at gate no. 3 and constantly calling Patel to know the updates of his documents but he did not pick up. Patel was stuck in traffic, in a low network area as he didn't get a response from Anupama and left for her residence.

He was walking back and forth in the corridor outside the gate. His restlessness was at its peak but then he saw an auto halt there and Anupamaa getting out of it. He wanted to hide but she saw him and was walking towards him. Her face was expressionless. He couldn't make anything out of it. Moreover he was confused regarding how she knew about him being there and leaving for the US. And if she never wanted to see him, why was she here??

Though he had questions in his mind, he was still relieved to see her after so many days. It felt like rain after scorching heat of summer. She stood in front of him and handed his documents.

"aapka Kuch samaan reh Gaya tha mere Ghar par. Ye lijiye"

She looked extremely pissed off. He realised that Patel told her about him.

"Anu..pamaa wo mai tumhare ghar......" 

She came close held him by his shoulders.

"Samajhte kya hai aap apne aap ko haa....Mujhe bataye bina, itni door jaa rahe hai. Pyaar karte hai naa mujhse phir ek baar bhi nai socha mere baare me. Aur jab ghar aaye the to mile kyu nai, kya lagta hai aapko sab humesha aapki marzi se hoga, jab chahe aa jayenge, jab chahe chale jayenge...Socha bhi aapke Bina mai kaise......"

He kept looking into her eyes, listening to her rant, it was like honey to his ears. Anupamaa...His Anupamaa finally talked to him. She looked around to see a few people looking at them and left his collar, all embarrassed.

Anuj didn't know what to do.

"Anu...tum to mera chehra bhi nai dekhna chahti thi naa. Maine kitni koshish ki tumse baat karne ki. Mujhe laga mai utar gaya tumhari nazron se."

She looked at him, still enraged.

"Kabhi kabhi Kaano suni baat bhi sach nai hoti Kapadia Ji. Ek Aurat jise aaj tak yahi ehsaas dilaya gaya ho ki wo kisi ke pyaar ke layak nai hai, uski keemat sirf ek aadmi ke pair ke jooton me hai,
Use achanak koi aakar kehta ki wo usse pyaar karta hai aur wo is desh ke sabse bade businessmen me se ek ho jiske peeche ek nahi,  do nahi, hazaro khubsoorat ladkiya padi hai to kya use yakeen hoga."

Anuj was flabbergasted.

"Anu mai...."

Anupamaa cut him in between and continued -

"Aaj mai bolungi aur aap sunenge.
Mai ek bahut aam ladki hoo Anuj jiske jyada bade sapne nahi the, mujhe sirf apna pati, apna Ghar, chahiye tha. Par kismat ne mujhse wo bhi cheen liya. Jis aadmi se maine sab se jyada pyaar Kiya usne mujhe charitraheen kehne se pehle ek pal nai lagaya. Jis aurat ko maine apni Maa se badhkar pyaar diya usne mujhe gaali di. Usi waqt aapne apna sach bata diya. Waqt doosra hota to mai kuch aur sochti magar Jahaa meri izzat taar taar ho rhi thi , mai kuch aur nai soch payi....isilie itna waqt liya maine....Mai aapki nai uski shakal dobara kabhi nai dekhna chahti jisne mujhe...apne bacchon ki Maa ko Sare-Aam badnam karne se pehle ek baar nai socha. Aur ab aap mujhe akele chod kar jaa rahe Hain."

All this while, Anuj kept thinking about his pain of staying away from her. It did not strike him that the person she loved the most earlier, butchered her pride in thousand pieces that day. How could she stay sane. He hated himself for being selfish.

She lost her control and burst into tears. She put her hands on her face while weeping. He held her hands lovingly.

"I am sorry Anu...Mai apne guilt me itna doob Gaya ths ki tumhare dard ke baare me soch hi nai payaa...I am really very sorry."

She pulled her hands away.

"Konsa guilt, kya mujhse pyaar karna aapko galti lagta hai."

Anuj held them again.

"Agar Zindagi me maine ek acchi cheez ki hai apne liye to wo hai tumse pyaar karna. Tumhe kabhi paa sakunga ya nahi ye mai nai jaanta lekin meri aakhri saans Tak mai tumhe chahta rahunga. Khud se wada kiya tha maine, ye pyaar sirf mera rahega mai kisi se....yaha tak ki tumse bhi kabhi nai baatunga. Lekin Maine wo waada Tod Diya, tumhe meri wajah se itna dukh hua, ye guilt tha Mera."

Anupamaa -

"Aap mujhe kabhi dukh nai de sakte Anuj. Dard to kisi aur ne Diya hai. Maine to pata nai kon se janm ke punya kiye hai jo aap mujhse itna......
Mere Mann me hazaro sawaal hai...aur aapko sabke jawaab Dene padenge. Ab Ghar chaliye."

She clutched his arms and turned back but he freed himself from the grip. She turned towards him and looked at him perplexed.

"Mujhe jaana hoga Anu. Bahut Zaroori kaam hai. Ab US se headquarters India shift kiya hai humne to waha ka kaam setup karna padega naa. Iske liye mujhe kam se kam 1 mahina waha rehna padega. I know it's filmy, tumhe laga mai tumhari wajah se jaa rha hoo but genuinely kaam hai yaar."

Anupamaa was relieved at one point that he didn't take any emotional decisions. But she was upset about him leaving. He looked at his watch and it was 10:15 already.

"Dekho flight ka time ho gaya hai, mai jaata hoo. Byee"

He walked away to enter the airport.

PRESENT

(Read the intro again)

She was an emotional mess - giggling, weeping not ready to leave his hands for a second. He looked at her yearningly.

"Mai jaldi wapas aa jaunga...promise, tab tak tum bacchon ka aur apna dhyaan rakhna please."

Anupamaa came closer, with her head down, said in a low tone.

"mujhe office ka koi kaam nai aata, kaise karoongi sab kuch. Aur...Aur..Aapke Bina man nai lagega naa."

He lifted her face and cupped it.

"Tum bahut strong ho Anu...Jitna sochti ho usse bhi jyada. Tum sab kar logi. I know, office me meri manager hai Vishakha wo tumhari poori help karegi. Tumhe waha koi pareshani nai hogi. Aur rahi baat Vanraj Shah ki..to tum jaanti ho tumhe kya karna hai."

She got all the strength she needed for her battle. He was standing strong with her. She didn't need anything else. But so much was left unsaid. She didn't tell him what she felt about him. What she thought about his confession. She herself didn't know about her feelings. One thing was clear, he was much more than a mere friend to her. It broke her heart seeing him leave.

Anuj was walking towards the airport gate but his heart wanted to turn back, run and hug her. They already couldn't see each other for so many days due to the truck fiasco and now when things were sorted he had to leave. He knew Anupamaa wanted to talk and he was dying to be with her but such was life, it never gives anything so easily. A lot has to be sacrificed to built a perfect one.

**********************************************

Anuj got his security and immigration checked and headed towards the boarding gate. The boarding pass was collected.
Flight - AI 481 (AMD - JFK) via San Francisco Left on its scheduled departure time of 10:40 Am for New York.
Anuj left For The US.

3 DAYS LATER 

DEVIKA'S RESIDENCE

Anupamaa was making honey pancakes for Samar and Devika in her kitchen. She asked devika -

"Devu Anuj ko jaraa phone karke bula le ne....unko pancake bahut pasand hai....Garam garam khaenge..."

Devika looked at her giggling, she was so used to him being around that forgot about him not being in the country at the time.

*****FLASHBACK

"Anuj kya aap bacchon ki tarah yaha baith jaate hai slab Pe kitchen ke, chaliye utariye."

Anupama ordered Anuj while swirling the batter of pancakes on the pan.

"Mai nai utarne wala, tum pancakes bana rahi ho aur use khaane ke liye 3 competitor Samar, GK aur Mukku bahar baithe hai. Mujhe sabse pehle chahiye."

Anupamaa laughed looking at him drooling over pancakes. He took some batter from the bowl and was about to lick it with a devil smile.

Traditional sanskar imbibed in her hated that and she held his arms to pull him from the slab. Anupamaa used all the muscle power of her tiny arms but He didn't move an inch. He was enjoying looking at his baby putting so much efforts with that cute bunny like face and little hands.

Finally he loosened his grip and since she was using so much force, he came over her and collided. The batter of his fingers got smeared on her nose. He laughed out loud as she looked like a little mouse with red nose.

She was annoyed now. she took some batter and smeared on his nose and cheeks while giggling loudly.

He chased her around the slab to take his revenge but she was quick like a squirrel. While they were busy in Tom and Jerry match. Samar, GK and Mukku poured Fresh Honey on pancakes and finished all of it.

Both Anuj and Anupama's laughed out loud looking at them. Since he didn't find anything better, He like a good boy took her pallu, and cleaned her face slowly and carefully. He did not leave any rim untouched. She bit her lips and closed her eyes in apprehension, though he was a bit away, she could smell his manly Cologne along with buttery pancake mixed with his warmth left her blushing like rose.

FLASHBACK*****

She tapped her forehead and chuckled.

Something had changed in her. She was surprised at herself. She found everything beautiful now. Even "doodh Wale bhaiya" in the morning reminded her of him.  And she gave him a big smile while he was confused and scared too at her weird behaviour. She was hallucinating him everywhere. 

She was getting ready for the office and combing her hair in front of the mirror. Then she started making braids.

"Ye Baal khule rakho naa....Aise hi acche lagte hain."

He took her hairlocks and opened the braid and freed her hair.

"Haa ab theek hai."

The pressure cooker whistled and she came out of her reverie. She did not tie the braid but clutched her hair with a hairclip and left them open. Devika looked at her and rolled her eyes, teasing her. She hushed her off and left for their office.

NEW YORK

Anuj was sitting at Kona Coffee Roasters, 57 2nd Ave, New York, waiting for his coffee to be served while he looked through his files before his meeting.

He saw a woman enter the cafe wearing a light blue coloured Blazer Draired with white pearl tassel earrings. He kept his palm on his chin and kept looking at her imagining his Anu.

Her hairlocks were left open, waving in air and was she was smiling, coming towards him.

She found him creepy and gave him death stares while tossing her heels bitterly, she walked ahead.
He was flustered so took his coffee and walked out in a hurry thinking -

"Anuj..... tu pakka pitega ek din."

While walking on the footpath along the Central Park. He saw a couple walking ahead of him and imagined himself walking hand in hand with Anupamaa dressed in the same dress.

She was giggling looking at the little kid dancing in the park, her cheeks went peach due to the cold. She looked like a baby, he couldn't hold himself and kissed her cheeks, making her blush and run.

He hit his head on a street pole and realised he was kissing it. He was missing Anupama terribly so walked towards the phone booth to call her but didn't dial as it would be 2 am in India and she would be sleeping.

"Damn you time difference"

he thought and hit the receiver back in the phone and went to work.

AK GROUP OF COMPANIES - AHEMDABAD

Anupamaa reached the office to sign the agreement with the Kapadia Group for her project. This time there was much more confidence. As informed by Anuj, Vishakha was waiting for her at reception. As soon as she entered, Everyone stood to greet her which made her feel a little awkward but yet she kept her confident face on and greeted them back.

Vishakha showed her the place and gave her the papers. Mr. Gupta who was appointed as her secretary (until she gets one herself) explained to her how the work is done. It was just the first day but she showed great enthusiasm and learnt very fast surprising everyone.

She first asked Mr. Gupta to give ads for various posts like Secretary, Marketing head, cloud kitchen staff and cooks for her outlets.
She also finalised one specific design for all the three outlets after thorough discussion with the Architects recommended by AK under the guidance of GK. It was classy yet had street food counter vibes to attract the youth.

GK was there with her like a mentor helping her with every little detail. His position in Kapadia Empire was not less than of a CEO,  people respected him as Anuj's father and mentor. He was handling everything in his absence.
Anupamaa worked with determination as she trusted his vision and experience. She finally found a father figure she had been missing in her life all these years.

A few days later many people submitted their resumes for the posts. Anupamaa along with some other experienced people in Kapadia Industries who were recommended by GK, started taking interviews.  She didn't want a huge team and to take things slow as it was her first project. After all the other positions were finalized, interviews for her secretary started. GK recommended her to take it alone the other day as she was hiring one of herself and should know the requirements. She opened file of all the  applicants. One of them was - Kavya Gandhi.

AK GROUP OF COMPANIES - NEW YORK

Anuj was working round the clock to shift the base from US to India. He always loved his country more than any other place in the world. Earlier It was his compulsion then to be there. Now all he wanted was to finish off his job and go his family...his home. The home where his love resided. He appointed trusted officials to take care of the work there while he would coordinate through phone and internet. He managed to get everything done within 15 days. Staying extra for even one minute was waste for him. He got his tickets booked and headed to surprise his lady love.

DEVIKA'S RESIDENCE

Anupamaa came back home after the long day of work. Devika put kids to sleep amd slept herself as she had office early next day. She sat on the couch and rested her head on the back support. She saw the beautiful red diary lying on the side table and picked it.

As soon as she opened it, she recognised the woody fragrance. it was same as the one she found on that night when she was pregnant and spent time with Anuj on the terrace.

It was Anuj's Diary. Now she knew, every poem in it was dedicated to her. She started off from the beginning, went on the journey to discover Anuj's love, his pain, his perception of her.

There was another poem after the one he wrote on her wedding day

Page -26 [31st Dec 1995]

"Wo saamne to Hai,
Magar
deedar Ho Nahi Sakta,

( She stands in front of me, But I am not allowed to see her)

Zulf Khule To Hai Uske
Magar
Ye Gulaab Ka Phool
Unme Piro Mahi Sakta

(Her hairlocks are open, But I can't adorn this rose on them)

Ye Kaisa Sitam Hai Zamane Ka
Mohabbat Ki To Beshumar Hai

(How is Time So cruel, My Love For Her is unconditional)

Aankh Nam Ho Jaati Hai
aansuon Se Har Baar Hai
Magar
Mai Ro Nahi Sakta"

(Eyes get moist everytime they see her, but I can't cry)

She reached to the last poem in his Diary. She found a dried rose stuck on that page. She took it and grazed with affection, imagining him standing with it at her doorstep that day, wishing to get that time back to start again with him...just him. It made her realise how much he had gone through all this while. It's not easy to let go of your loved ones, but he did for her well being. He chose to keep quiet and hide all his love in his heart so that she could live peacefully. How could someone possibly do that. Does love make people this strong - asked her heart.

Page -27 [14th Feb 1996]

"Hamesha Der Kar Deta Hoon Main
Zaroori Baat Kehni Ho
Koee Vaada Nibhana Ho
Use Aavaaz Denee Ho
Use Wapas Bulana Ho
Hamesha Der Kar Deta Hoon Main

I always miss the train…

When something important is to be said.
When one has to fulfil, a promise made.
When one has to call in for the help…
Or one has to summon an old friend….
It seems, I always miss the train…

Badalate Mausamon Ki Sair Mein
Dil Ko Lagana Ho
Kisi Ko Yaad Rakhana Ho
Kisi Ko Bhool Jaana Ho
Hamesha Der Kar Deta Hoon Main

Observing tides of the ocean,
keeping self indulged in a blend.
For locked one in heart, sharing a sentiment.
Or forgetting someone becoming indifferent.
It seems, I always miss the train…

Kisi Ko Maut Se Pahale
Kisi Gham Se Bachana Ho
Haqeeqat Aur Thee Kuchh
Us Ko Ja Ke Ye Bataana Ho
Hamesha Der Kar Deta Hoon Main

To save someone from a death untimely,
a pain of affliction or grave regret.
Revealing, the truth was different,
confessing all up at the right moment.
It seems, I always miss the train…"

Precap : Ahemdabad Fit Che...Panipuri Hit che!!??!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this was the chapter!!

Anupamaa has started realising her feeling about Anuj and it's getting difficult for her to stay away from him for so long. Meanwhile Kavya has applied for a job in her company.

A lot is going on!! I am sure you will love what is coming next....

Please do drop in your precious comments, they are a huge encouragement in writing the next parts. I go through them all. Also drop your suggestions if you have any.

Eagerly waiting for your feedback.

Thankyouuu

Happy Reading♥️♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 13.9K 58
"Black Night And Blue Moon, Listen My Wisper Very Soon How Much Distance, Don't know, They Are With Me Just Show When My Eyes Have Rain! They Come si...
2.3M 85.3K 79
'WIFE'...huh you call yourself my wife, He said very calmly. "A girl like u cannot afford to become maid at my house and u call yourself my wife." He...
110K 7K 28
๐€ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฌ๐ข ๐— ๐•๐ข๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ก๐ข ๐ƒ๐จ๐œ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ ๐‘๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ห–ยฐ๐“‡ผ๐ŸŒŠโ‹†๐Ÿš๐Ÿซง ๐ƒ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ž๐ฅ ๐ˆ๐ฏ๐š๐š๐ง ๐‘๐จ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ฎ๐ž๐ณ & ๐‘๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐š ๐๐ก๏ฟฝ...
3.5K 242 41
Some say I am a devil in disguise... Some say I am an angel... But I say... I am just a normal human.... Who has a Roller-coaster ride of all emotion...