Love and War

By rdcastillo24

Lee Hyun Woo seeks revenge against the people who had killed his biological father, Lee Kyung Ho. Even if he... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter One: Betrayal
Chapter Two: Anna
Chapter Three: Wound
Chapter Four: Disconnection
Chapter Five: Finding You
Chapter Six: Mysteries
Chapter Eight: At The Crossroads
Chapter Nine: Mysteries To Be Solved
Chapter Ten: Through The Darkness
Chapter Eleven: Cosmos
Chapter Twelve: Scar In My Heart
Chapter Thirteen: Evidence
Chapter Fourteen: Who Is The Monster?
Chapter Fifteen: The Silent Dragon
Chapter Sixteen: A Spark In The Sky
Chapter Seventeen: Statice
Chapter Eighteen: Orbit
Chapter Nineteen: Yin Yang
Chapter 20: Run With You
Chapter 21: Don't Lose Your Way
Chapter 22: The Stars Cross Tonight

Chapter Seven: The Day I Lost You

30 2 10
By rdcastillo24

A/n: Hoping that you like this new chapter!!! I am so very happy that there are people who like this Alternate Universe Story Sequel of Your Lie In April. I know that this book has lots more original content than Your Lie In April and for the fans of the anime, I hope that's fine with all of you. :)

For the past few weeks, the only way Anna was able to see Hyun Woo was through news outlets, and newspapers. There were also times wherein she could only see him driving his white sedan whenever it passed by her house. She wanted to be with him as she still loved him so much but she knew that she couldn't as she chose to leave his side for her sanity since Hyun Woo could do anything for the corporate group since he had always used its private army for the sake of keeping it safe. At first, she remembered that she was fine that he took that responsibility as he did lots of changes for the organization. He also made it sure that the organization does not deal with any drugs, but even if that was the case, Hyun Woo and the gang still did things against the law. 

Hyun Woo could kill anyone in his group, abduct those who don't pay the loans in the casinos with his uncle, Lee Tae Jun, and most of all, she was aware of his involvement in political bribery and personal investment scams of a few of his trusted gang members. She didn't want to take part in it anymore. More so, she wanted him to leave it already but it seemed, the man she loved won't budge, much more when he lost his memories at the age of twenty-one years old. Even if he slowly remembered a few of his memories, a lot of them were nothing to him now.

She was able to discover as well that Prime Minister Han Do Jun was his uncle in his biological mother's side through the news. They talked about business, and at the same time, the news claimed that the prime minister, with the help of Lee Hyun Woo, will be able to buy the South Korean government a lot of fighter jets. Of course, it was a shock to him that she truly married someone too powerful in South Korea and it was a shame that she got a divorce from him but at the same time, she was also relieved that she didn't need to be with those people. 

Anna sighed deeply while she walked inside her living room while wearing a simple, pink dress. It had been years since she was able to wear such a simple and basic dress since for the past five years, Hyun Woo had required her to wear fancy dresses even at home so that when they get visitors, she won't need to change clothes and she'd look presentable already. The living room was huge and spacious with musical instruments, too. It also looked very chick and modern with black and white paintings. "You're here already."

Ryota looked at her while he was still on the black couch in the living room. He placed the brown envelope on the oval center table and at the same time, plastered a smile on his face. "I have what you asked for me. What you were asking for was the Lee Family's wealth distribution and the corporations they own, am I right?"

"Yes, that's right,"  Anna replied after she took the envelope and held the papers inside it to read them. "I've been wanting to know how they divided the group after the death of Lee Kyung Ho."

"Hyun Woo owns everything," Ryota told her. "They made him become the chairman of the board at a very young age. It seemed they placed him there for him to be a linchpin so that the group and the family won't fall out. The group and the family's highly traditional and they see the throne as hereditary. It looked like the family respects that tradition and none wanted to break that, yet."

"Can you now tell me about his relatives?"

"Tae Jun manages a lot of casinos in Tokyo and Seoul while Lee Haru owns a nuclear power plant and drugstore chains. Lastly, Jane Lee, his aunt, is the president of the Lee-Han Fashion Industry. Most of his cousins were in college, middle school, and primary years. He's the linchpin of the family the way the late Lee Kyung Ho and Lee Jeong-hui were. The Lees are a traditional family, and they were patriotic nobles since the Joseon Era."  

"He's a linchpin?" Anna wondered. "If they were nobles in the Joseon Era, when did they start doing illegal jobs, then? It could have been more understandable if they were pro-Japanese."

Ryota swallowed his saliva hard. As a Japanese man, knowing the hatred of South Koreans over what his ancestors did to Joseon. "You talk as if you're not Japanese, Anna. Saying that isn't easy for us."

Anna smiled back at him. "Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude."

"Anyway, Lee Tae Jun and Lee Haru are Hyun Woo's uncles," Ryota began. "As you said, Hyun Woo also does have an aunt named Jane Lee, but when I researched the reasons why she's an outcast, it wasn't because she's an illegitimate child as she stayed with the Lees since she was young. She was... She was also the middle child of Lee Jeong-hui."

Anna raised her eyebrow. "Why did you stop talking? You changed your statement, don't you?"

"Anyway, I think that information is nothing for you, anyway," Ryota spoke after he stood up and placed his hands in his pockets. "Got to leave. This isn't just my job, anyway. I'm not a private detective. If you want to know more about them, hire a private detective would you?"

"You're hiding something!" 

Ryota frowned at her. "Hyun Woo has reasons why he's with them, Anna. One of the reasons was that he's not Japanese but rather, he's full-blooded South Korean. I cannot tell you the information, most especially, it wasn't about you. I will help him get justice for his father in secret but that's my limit. Do you understand? I thought I lost you but I do hope I gain you back."

"Leave," Anna said to him. "You're siding with my ex-husband, now."

"I'll leave anyway," Ryota said after he rose from his seat. "After my investigation, I discovered that you used me to go against him, anyway. Even if he does go against the law so many times, there won't be shreds of evidence that will connect him to those small mice they could just throw away!"  

...

At the same time that day, Ryota was going home when all of a sudden, he saw Anna Jang flirting with a different guy wearing a brown suit in an expensive hotel restaurant. He was staying in Seoul Blue Hotel. It was one of the most expensive hotels in Seoul. Ryota wanted to go to her at the time and ask why she was drinking and flirting with such a guy but then, he saw Hyun Woo who was holding two roses stand up in shock behind him. 

It appalled both men when the young man wearing a brown suit kissed Anna making Hyun Woo feel anger burning throughout his body and at the same time, he shook in so much jealousy. Since Ryota saw his anger burn so much inside him, he held him out of the restaurant as he might do something he'd regret. 

Of course, it was a shock to Hyun Woo that Ryota stopped him. He tried his best to get out of his grasp but after a while, he calmed down, allowing Ryota to release him. 

"Aren't you divorced?" Ryota asked him. "What's with the flowers? Do you still love Anna?"

"Who are you, anyway?" Hyun Woo asked him. "I saw you hovering inside my building once and I received reports that you're all over the companies my relatives manage."

Ryota stepped closer to him and stared straight into his eyes. "Do you not know who I am? I know who you are, thanks to your mighty butler. We lost you eleven years ago."

"You know who I am? How can you lose me eleven years ago?" Hyun Woo glared at him. "Why are you so calm now while talking to me, anyway? Months ago, you wanted to arrest me because of the nonsense USB that Anna had with her."

"I don't know you as Lee Hyun Woo, exactly," Ryota explained to him. "I just know that you were once Arima Kousei."

Hyun Woo flinched at the name. "You knew me as that boy, then? Forgive me but I don't remember much about who I was when I was living with that fake name. I've lost my childhood memories thanks to a truck that murdered my father and almost killed me. Anyway, I've regained a few memories, such as the time I was with my adopted mother, Arima Saki. She took care of me for twelve years with Arima Takahiko. Even so, she passed away. Do you know me? Is that also the reason why you arrested me back at that time? You just wanted to make me remember things in my childhood?" 

"I didn't know that you suffered from memory loss," Ryota told him. "I know you, and you were a friend for about ten years until you disappeared eleven years ago. "

"Lee Kyung Ho claimed me as his son eleven years ago," Hyun Woo answered him. "Mr. Arima Takahiko admitted everything to me that for the past fifteen years, they were keeping me due to the orders of my biological father in South Korea. It was difficult to accept the truth at first but I felt his love for me. He also asked me to find my biological mother who disappeared twenty-six years ago. I believe she's still alive somewhere. I'm sure she's alive..."

Ryota sighed deeply. "Did something happen to her twenty-six years ago?"

"Why should I tell you?" Hyun Woo asked him, then, he tried to step away from him again to get inside the restaurant to confront Anna and the man wearing a brown suit again but Ryota blocked him once again. "Could you just step away? My ex-wife is flirting with a business rival here!" 

Ryota's eyes widened in shock and he just stared at Anna in disgust. He didn't know that someone like her would flirt with someone whom her ex-husband considered an enemy.  At the same time, Anna and her companion stood in shock when they saw Hyun Woo. 

"Hyun-" spoke the man in the brown suit but he wasn't able to continue speaking when he was just punched by him painfully and sharply in his face. "Aren't you separated? Why are you acting as if you're still together?"

"Kang Dong Min!!!!!" screamed Hyun Woo. "I told you not to touch Anna, am I correct???"

"Hyun Woo!" Anna ran to him and at the same time, she wrapped her right hand around his bleeding fingers. "It was me, okay? It wasn't his fault." 

"How could you stand next to a trash?" Hyun Woo asked her. "Did you like him more than me?"

Anna looked away but at the same time, she asked Ryota for help. In a jiffy, Ryota begged him to come with him and leave before he does something more. When he didn't want to budge, Ryota threatened him that he'd arrest him. Soon enough, he came with him and left with a broken heart. 

A/n: Thank you to the people who still stay with me! Thank you to the people who vote, comment, and support this AU!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 55 5
Park Eun Woo is a smart and kind boy however he is one of the Losers in the class of 2-3 Yooil High. Like most of his fellow losers he tries not to...
85.7K 3.1K 51
detective han jisung finds himself repeatedly assigned to dangerous cases committed by a mafia headed by lee know. as jisung dives deeper into the in...
95 0 16
*Content Introduction* In the spring of her thirties, Eun Jiyeon decides to divorce her husband of three years, Cha Minwoo, and dreams of a new start...
19.7K 1.2K 80
Over the years Kim Seohyun never knew who was really behind the death of her brother Kim Seokyong, the police we're having trouble on finding clues a...