If I were a human, would you...

By Burnt0utCandl3Wxck

I upload every week, on Wednesday. Writing gets better over time. Contains: Asmodeus x Iruma <--(Main ship) K... More

Chapter 1. A very 'normal' day.
Chapter 2. The threat.
Chapter 3. Im begging you.
Chapter 4. Being sick sucks. ⚒️
Chapter 5. Back to school. ⚒️
Chapter 6. Punishment? ⚒️
Chapter 7. Pain and...
Chapter 8. ..Bloodshed.
Chapter 9. Anger and suffering.
Chapter 10. Do I love him?
Chapter 11. I did what?
Chapter 12. Gravestones.
Chapter 13. Messages are knives.
Chapter 14. Cuts and crying.
Chapter 15. Hes so close.
Chapter 16. A kiss?
Chapter 17. Nervousness.
Chapter 18. Playtime.
Chapter 20. Love.
Chapter 21. Invaded.
Chapter 22. Explosions.
Chapter 23. Dinner.
Chapter 24. Lies.
Chapter 25. Monday.
Chapter 26. My protectors.
Chapter 27. The past.
Chapter 28. School trip. ⚒️
Chapter 29. Wings.
Chapter 30. What he falls?
Chapter 31. The Sea.
Chapter 32. Death is closing in. 🛠️
Chapter 33. A conversation.
Chapter 34. Guess whos back?
Chapter 35. A void.
Chapter 36. Bitten.
Chapter 37. Heartache.
Chapter 38. Report.
Chapter 39. Dreams.
Chapter 40. Raw eggs.
Chapter 41. Asmodeus's estate.
Chapter 42. Petting snakes.
Chapter 43. The past.
Chapter 44. Alleyways.
Chapter 45. Head trauma.
Chapter 46. Pats.
Chapter 47. Death.
Chapter 48. Condolences.
Chapter 49. Alikred.
Chapter 50. One mystery at a time.
Chapter 51. Its monday again.
Chapter 52. Cookies.
Chapter 53. Gym class.
Chapter 54. Secrets out.
Chapter 55. Suck it up.
Chapter 56. Im sorry.
Chapter 57: Lets make up.
Chapter 58: With the "bro's".
Chapter 59. Halucinations.
Chapter 60. Night terrors.
Chapter 61. Rushing in.
Chapter 62. 3am Calls.
Chapter 63. Sleepovers.
Chapter 64. Dinner.
Chapter 65. The confession.
Chapter 66. Captured.
Chapter 67: Playing with fire.
Chapter 68. Kisses.
Chapter 69: Games.
Chapter 70. Embarrasment.
Chapter 71. Horror.
-- Extra 1. Valentine's gone wrong. --
Chapter 72. Saying goodbye.
Chapter 73. Unexpected monday.
Chapter 74. Going home.
Chapter 75. Swallowing rocks.
Chapter 76. Dreams or reality?
Chapter 77. Hugs, kind off.
Chapter 78. Anti crazy pills.
Chapter 79. Grandpa, ..why?
Chapter 80. Untrustful.
Chapter 81. Guilt.
Chapter 82. Fuck you.
Chapter 83. Celebration.
Chapter 84. A visit from border control.

Chapter 19. Ice cream.

623 21 55
By Burnt0utCandl3Wxck

Asmodeus's pov:

"Shit, Iruma!"

I should have known something was wrong when I heard someone hyperventilate. It wasn't a weird sound some of the vents made after all.

I held his body up while it lifelessly fell forward. Shit. I should have stopped him from hyperventilating, but how?

I don't want to be a bother.

I moved my legs to create more space in the cupboards and dragged his body to mine. The cupboards were quite cramped, but they were enough for two people to fit in, barely.

And in the place we were sitting, neither of us could get out of the cupboards without falling to the ground.

Iruma wasn't moving. I put my hand on his chest, listening to his heart. It was beating as if he were asleep, slowly and calmly.

I then listened to his breath, waiting for him to regain consciousness. His breath was slow and weak, like that of a child with a fever. My arms were starting to feel uncomfortable, keeping him in this position wasn't easy, I had to hold his body up.

I switched the position yet again, pulling him to my chest this time. I couldn't see him, it was dark in here, but I could hear him, and after a while his breath became different. It became much quicker, much faster.

He tried to move, but the small space cupboards wouldn't let him.

"Are you alright, master?" I asked, waiting for him to answer.

It stayed quiet, but he didn't have to answer with words, and answering without them he did. I could hear him sobbing, his body moving as if it were uncomfortable, I couldn't see him, but I knew he felt bad. I wanted to hold him.

I slowly pulled his body even closer to mine, gently letting his body rest on mine, his head on my chest.

Master, whatever could have happened to you to make you this sad?

What can I do to ease his pain?

Right now, lets just hold him. He wouldn't talk to me when I asked him what was wrong, and he isn't responding to anything else, so he problaly doesn't want to talk, or he can't.

I slowly put bot of my arms around his body. He is so small.

I already noticed it before, for example when he got sick and was unwell in the Babelys garden.

I wonder, what happened to you as a child? It could be genetic for all I know, maybe both of his parents were small. It wouldn't make sense though, since the chair demon is quite tall.

He would at least be a little taller.

I slowly felt Iruma changing positions. He probably feels cramped too. I could feel the warmth of his skin radiate against mine. It feels nice.

"Iruma, are you alright now?" I asked, trying to get him to talk.

He is the only thing that makes me feel truly happy after all.

I waited, but had gotten no response.

Its fine that he doesn't reply to me. I will just focus on calming him down then.

"It's okay, master Iruma. Everything is going to be okay. Theres no need to weep."

I whispered into his ear, trying to get him to calm down his sobbing.

After a while, it did. His breath became slower, and his sobs less frequent. Yet he was still crying. I knew that if I wanted to calm him down all the way, that this was my chance.

"Iruma, are you alright now?" I asked, suprised by how upset my own voice sounded.

It took a while before I got a reply. "I.."

I waited for him to continue. I have all the time in the world, if it means im in a world with him.

"I-I" He was stuttering, and his breath became faster yet again.

"Its alright, you don't need to tell me if you don't wish to do so." I added, making sure he knew how I felt.

But, heres the thing. And I hate to say this, but my master is weak.

Not physically, mentally.

Physically, he is alright, and I don't worry about him much, but mentally. Mentally, hes very weak. I wished that it was different, but it isn't.

He is not that hard to upset, he just hides it very well, but have learned to notice when hes upset.

The thing im most worried about is that he gets scared easily. In the demon world, being scared is by far the most cowardly thing you could do, and demons target easy people, people just like him.

I'm aware of the fact that he's lived a solitaire life with the chair demon, and I know for a fact that he doesn't know much about the world because of it.

And I thereby try to keep him out of the sight from bullies and people who have returned to origins.

Im trying to keep him from being scared, but with him, its very tricky. He gets scared very easily, and very randomly too, you see?

For example when you hold something above his head, or when hes asked to sit down.

He thinks that I don't know. That I don't know that hes been trough a lot, but I know.

I can't exactly point to what he has been trough, but I know that he has had a reason to be this scared.

And all I can do right now is comfort him, and I hate it. I hate that this is the only thing I can do for him right now.

I just feel so.. useless.

I love and care for him so much, but I can't stand the thought of someone making him upset to the point of a panick attack. To the point of hyperventilating and hiding.

I just wished I could do more. Do more than whisper sweet nothings, do more than hug him tightly.

So much more.

But I have limits, a border that I won't cross. And that border is asking him what he has been trough.

I didn't need to tell him about my bloodline ability, wich I am thankful for. It also means I will return the favour.

"Iruma, I won't ask you to tell me whats going on, but please, just know that you could tell me anything. Anything, how ridiculous it may be. Just please, try to stay safe.

You are my sole reason for living, and it would kill me to live without your smile, or knowing that you are not safe. So could you please tell me when you are ready?"

He waited a few seconds, and nodded. He then slowly let his tense body relax. He had already stopped crying, but didn't relaxe. Now he was feeling better, however, and was now laying on my chest.

"could I ask you something?" Iruma asked quietly, his voice hoarse.

"Of course." I replied.

"Do you care about me?" He asked, startling me.

What? Of course I do. Does he feel like I don't care about him..?

"Very much so." I replied, hugging him tighter.

"Could I ask you another question..?" He asked, hesitantly.

"Go ahead." I replied.

"How much do you care about me?"

Does he really think that he doesn't matter to me? No, that can't be, right? Of course he would know, maybe he is testing me? No, he's probably just upset.

"I care about you like.. This is quite a hard question, but I guess it would be like the sun."

"You care about me like the sun?" He asked.

"Yeah, you are always on top of my world, covering me in light and sunshine. You are at the center of my universe, the sole thing that makes my life worth living. You are the one making my days filled with shadows fade."

There was one more thing I wanted to add to it, it was burning in my throat, yet, I knew I couldn't say it.

I couldn't mention the fact that I had.. I fell in love with the sun.

That I had fallen in love with him.

Me and Iruma stayed there, together, waiting, cuddling in the cupboards. The silence felt nice, yet it was strangely bugging me.

However, it was just me, alone with him. I couldn't have wish for anything more.

"Azz?"

His voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, master?" I replied, waiting.

"Could we stay like this forever?" He then asked, making me laugh.

"I wish, master. We will have to get out soon, but if you want, we can stay like this just a little longer. Make stupid Clara search some more."

He laughed, and so did I.

I was content. I loved it. We just laid there, as we stayed at each others presence.

I felt his head against my chest, I was worried that he would hear my heart race. The warmth of his body made me feel all bubbly inside.

I wonder if Iruma feels the same right now.

After a while though, we heard an alarm. Iruma jumped into the air, hitting his head against the side of the cupboard. It wasn't much later until we heard another sound, footsteps. They eventually faded away, getting softer with each step.

Suddenly, the doors of cupboards flew open.

"Boo."

We both jumped when Clara suddenly jumped at us. We both fell out, hitting the ground.

Stupid Clara, ruining everything.

"Why you stupid-

"Aha! I found you both!" Clara screamed, looking happy. "Iruma-chie needs to count next!"

"Oww.." Iruma said, standing up from the ground. I stood up aswell, ready to attack the green haired goblin if she dared to mess with my master.

Suddenly however, a voice came from behind us.

"No I think its best if we stop here for today."

All of us flew into the air, including Clara, who fell with us this time.

"Opera!!!!" Iruma screamed, trembling. "Don't scare us like that!"

Iruma's butler then helped him stand up while me and Clara were already standing back on our feet.

"Come on now, dinner is almost ready. You guys can stay too, I've already asked your parents, Clara. Same goes for your butler, Asmodeus, so feel free to join us."

Wait does that mean we can stay here for dinner?

Stupid Clara was jumping around, making a fool out of herself. We didn't even notice Iruma's butler vanishing, before heading to the exit ourselves.

When we got out, I quickly skimmed Iruma's body. His knees were open, dried up blood covering his wounds and he had scratches everywhere. His face was even worse though, his eyes were red, and he looked like he had cried.

Well, he did, so I guess thats logical.

"Master Iruma! Are you alright? Look at all the blood on your knees, we need to get you fixed up as fast as possible!"

Once I was done showing him my consern, he just laughed. "Don't worry, its just a scratch. Come on now, Opera is waiting for us."

He then took me by the hand, dragging me to the table. All though he grabbed Clara's hand first, I was still happy. I loved seeing him smile like this again. Even if Clara was ruining the moment.

"Haha, see?" She said, grinning. "Iruma took me by the hand first, so he clearly loves me more." The anoying green girl said, full of herself.

I had to keep my insults in my head, for Iruma's sake.

It was a painfully hard task, but I eventually did it.

After we made it to the table, Iruma went and sat down. He sat in the middle of the 3 chairs that were now lined up at the table. He then asked us if we wanted to sit down too.

Once we had finished settling down, the chair demon entered to sit with us. He seemed rather exited. "Oh I'm so happy! I heard Iruma brought his friends over for dinner! Has he been a good boy at school lately?"

"Yes, sir. Iruma is a very hardworking demon." I said, taking my chances to brag about my master.

"Thats good to hear." He said, smiling while Iruma's butler filled the room with dishes.

There were all sorts of dishes, lavishly prepaired. We each got one dish. Iruma's being much larger than ours.

He really does eat a lot, I wonder how it all fits into his little body. I hope he doesn't eat himself sick.

"First up, medium done rose cow roasted with asperges dressed up in a sauce of sweet menachilly and depair.

From my right, I heard my master speak. "Thank you Opera, the food looks wonderfull today."

His butler, Opera seemed exited at his words, his ears twitching. Honestly, my butler David is the same, exept that he actually shows his gratitude.

Nonetheless, well done, Iruma!

After we ate our first meal, we got our main serving.

"Up second, a smoked salmon with hashlows and hattez, for the sauce we have boujaé with jazzy."

Did he just say salmon?

Salmon..?

Salmon is a fish.. right?

Oh no, I don't actually have to eat that.. right?..

He brought out the fish, my heart beating nervously in my chest.

This would be the toughest thing I had to do for master Iruma yet. Eat a fish.

He served the fish one by one. Till...

Huh..? Did he forget about me?

"Master Iruma had let me know that you disliked fish, so I have prepaired a chicken dish for you instead."

He then set the plate on the table. I looked to my right. Iruma was smiling right at me.

Hes such a devil! He isn't a demon, no hes a devil! Thank you, Iruma! You are the best!

He laughed while I stared at him, unable to keep my face from being shocked.

"Haha, don't worry! You don't need to eat fish. But if you do want some, we still have some prepaired." Iruma laughed. "Your face looks adorable though."

I look adorable?

"Hey!! No fair! I'm adorable too!" Clara boasted.

He turned around, facing Clara. "Yes you are adorable too!" He then ruffled her hair.

No fair, I also want him to ruffle mine.

"You get one too, Asmodeus, don't worry."

He then went into my hair and ruffled it.

Shit, don't blush, don't blush. You can't blush around him.

Why is he so cute????

And why is he giving Clara more head pats than me!

After we ate our main course, we got a third, dessert.

"Up third, Ice cream. You guys can pick one."

Iruma's butler held a plate in hand, carrying various variety's of popsicles.

The chair demon was the first to choose, but he was busy making photo's of my master, problaly as much as possible.

He eventually chose a chocolate cornetto though.

He has bad taste.

Clara was up next, she chose a curly rainbow stick. She really loves chaotic looking things.

Iruma was next. Whatever he would choose, I would choose too. After a while of looking, he picked a strawberry flavored ice cream.

The problem was, there was only one. While defeat stung me, it was my turn.

I can't get the same ice cream as master Iruma now.

So, what do I pick?

Mhm.. do I want mochi flavoured ice cream? Or do I want chocolate.. maybe that one? Oh.. no that one, wait no that is a cornetto. Do I pick this one then?

No, this one.

I grabbed my ice, it was a blue ice cream. Blueberry flavoured. The color was the exact same as Iruma's hair.

I slowly opened my ice cream. It really did match his hair.

Too bad I still wanted the same one Iruma had. This was fine though. I stared at the popsicle he had. It was light pink.

Iruma looked at me with a puzzled look on his face. "Do you want some too?"

He must have noticed me staring.

"S-sure?" I replied, flustered. Were we going to share the popsicle?

"How about we do half half?" He asked, completely serious, yet still smiling. "You can just eat half of yours and then I'll give you mine."

Oh my badness. Are we really going to share?

"S-sure?" I replied, flustered, and probably red from ear to ear.

I went back to my popsicle, eating to about halfway. My popsicle was smaller than his, yet he was done eating his halfway much faster than me.

He then took mine, trading it for his. He smiled. "Thank you."

Oh my fire. I think im going to die.

Is he flirting with me? Maybe he's just messing with my head.

Or he's just being sweet? Oh my devil, please help me.

I slowly put the popsicle in my mouth, the ice cream melted away once I put it in my mouth. It was sweet, and tasted like strawberries. It was good.

Iruma then looked at me, smiling. "The popsicle is the same color as your hair, it fits really well."

Is this coincidence? Him choosing my color and me choosing his?

I am overthinking this way too much.

Once I had finished my ice cream, Opera, Iruma's butler, undressed the table. Me, Iruma and Clara went to sit and talk on the couch.

"Hey, Iruma! Its getting pretty late." Clara said, giggling.

"Well, maybe.. Maybe I can ask Opera if we can have a sleepover party?" He asked, unsure.

We both looked astonished at each other, and then looked at Iruma, who was looking at his lap in embarrassment. When none of us answered, his body slowly curled up. His breathing became unsteady.

"Yes! Let's have a sleepover party!" Clara then screamed.

Thank you, Clara.

I smiled at him, while he looked at me. "Yeah. I'll ask David if I can sleep here. My mom doesn't need to know. She needs to stay out of my business."

He then looked at Clara, and then back at me, his eyes sparkling. "Alright, I'll ask Opera!"

He stood up to leave. "Alright, if you guys stay here I'll ask Opera. I'll see you guys later!" He waved whilst he left.

And now I was alone with this clingy brat. She began hugging my arm for no reason, moving her head around as if she were a cat.

"Would you please refrain from doing that, Valac?" I asked the stupid goblin.

"Nope, you are soft and warm and cozy. Just like my brothers and my sister!" She then screamed, unwilling to let go.

Iruma was back soon enough though, with Opera leading him. His butler seemed upset, and Iruma looked confused.

"Iruma and Asmodeus, could you two wait here? Clara I need to talk to you for a second."

Opera's pov:

I was cleaning out the kitchen when my phone suddenly rang. It was the one from the Valac family.

"Hello, you are Opera right? I'm sorry, I don't think Clara can stay at your home anymore, she needs to get home. Could you please tell her to come home as quick as possible? Something happened to my precious
Keebow and Ran Ran." She said, ranting. She sounded extremely upset and dire. "Also, could you make sure she gets there safely? I don't want her to be alone at night."

"Alright, miss, I will." I replied, knowing how serious this may be.

I was about to leave when Iruma suddenly entered the kitchen. I was already walking away, so I grabbed his arm, pulling him out of the kitchen.

"Come, Iruma. Lets go."

"Huh? He said, sprinting behind me.

Once we were at the couch I saw Clara and Asmodeus having fun together. Though, Asmodeus didn't seem to have as much fun as she did however.

I stood still, grabbing their attention. I looked at Iruma and then at Asmodeus.

"Iruma and Asmodeus, could you two wait here? Clara I need to talk to you for a second."

"Okay!" She said, sprinting happily behind me while I took her to the door.

"Alright, I want you to listen to me very well now, do you understand, Clara?" I asked.

"Sure?" She said, questioning.

"Your mom just called me. She told me that something happened to Ran Ran and Keebow, and that you needed to get home as fast as possible."

Her happy expression faded away as soon as I mentioned something bad had happened.

"But they are okay, right?" She asked, a creepy smile planted on her face.

"I don't know, your mother didn't tell me any details, go ahead and put your shoes on, I'll escort you there.

I then walked away to inform Asmodeus and Iruma.

"Clara needs to go home now, I already knew that there was the possibility of you all wanting to have a sleepover, so the beds are already prepared. Also, you are allowed to stay over, Asmodeus. Go say goodbye to Clara now."

I walked back to Clara, Iruma and Asmodeus following me. Mrs. Valac was done putting her shoes and coat on, so I picked up her bag from the floor and handed it to her.

"Its best you don't forget this. Shall we go now?" I asked her, trying to calm her down.

"O-okay." She mumbled.

Stepping out the front door, Iruma and Asmodeus were waving her goodbye, both their stares confused and worried to what happened.

Clara waved back, she looked as if she had seen someone be murdered infront of her eyes.

Once she stopped waving, we walked. Back to her residence.

I truly hope that her family is okay.

Iruma's pov:

"Clara just left, I wonder whats going on, she looked so.." I stopped talking.

"Yeah she looked aweful." Asmodeus replied.

"But does this mean its just the two of us now?" I asked, suddenly very exited.

"Y-yeah it is." Asmodeus said, stuttering.

I was suddenly hit with a wave of nervousness. Me, alone, with Asmodeus.

Me, and Asmodeus.

Oh god.

---

---

---

Oh my god I made this chapter wayyyy too long, almost 3700 words. This is almost two times as much as normal.

This has to make up for last week, right?

Next week you will all be smiling, shipping and crying, prepare accordingly.

Anyways, we have almost finished the beginning of the book, from here on out, we can let the real shit begin.

There should be around 25-50 more chapters and an ending (1-10 Chapters)

So till we hit the end road, I hope you'll stay reading!

Stay safe and I'll see you guys next week!

(I've been preparing for the 5k mark, its getting really close ✧⁠◝⁠(⁠⁰⁠▿⁠⁰⁠)⁠◜⁠✧)

--15 February.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 6.3K 39
Ethan went to boarding school every year, he didn't love it but it was better than staying home. Every year it was the same, maybe some new classes b...
958K 39.3K 31
[Book #1 in the Blackwood Pack series] Currently in the process of rewriting (it'll be uploaded as a separate book) ________________ ...
58.2K 1.6K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
56.5K 2.7K 30
All my life I had never really experienced any hardships. Most people would say that I had the perfect life. That wasn't that far off from the truth...