ꗃ: 𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗘𝗦 𔘓. 𝗍𝖺𝖾�...

By Jenlqve

敵 ┊ 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐍𝐌𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝓡. 𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭 𝓞. 𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝙀𝘯𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵�... More

𝘐𝘕𝘛𝘙𝘖𝘋𝘜𝘊𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕
𝐢. 제안
𝐢𝐢. 성격
𝐢𝐢𝐢. 혼례
𝐢𝐯. 비판적인
𝐯. 거래
𝐯𝐢. 죄의식
𝐯𝐢𝐢. 신뢰하다
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 스트립 클럽
𝐢𝐱. 감상적이지 않은
𝐱. 지불
𝐱𝐢. 질투 [𝐌]
𝐱𝐢𝐢. 살인자
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 눈이 먼
𝐱𝐢𝐯. 선물
𝐱𝐯𝐢. 단것 [𝐌]
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 기회
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 디저트 [𝐌]
𝐱𝐢𝐱. 소유격 [𝐌]
𝐱𝐱. 켜다 [𝐌]
𝐱𝐱𝐢. 신흔 여행
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 보상
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 자석 [𝐌]
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 배달
𝐱𝐱𝐯. 배신
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 살아 있는
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 유혈 사태
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 소울메이트

𝐱𝐯. 다시 시작하다

1.9K 117 60
By Jenlqve

✰⤸₊˚ ▬▬▬
▬▬ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

˓ ⊹ ָ࣪ ˓˓ ₊﹅˚ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟱 𓏲 ࣪˖ 𑁍 ࣪˖ 𓂃

꒰ ❛ 𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙼𝙸𝙴𝚂 ❜ ꒱

⁺꒷✦꒦𓄼 ┊ 敵対恋人.書籍┊ · ࣪𐇵 ❟ 𓄹 ࣪˖
∿ ✦ Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet? ❞

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

After the night that Taehyung suddenly left dinner, I didn't see him again for a couple of days. I have no idea who was on the other end of that phone call, but I hope it's nothing serious. And I hope it's not him plotting revenge against my father.

It's late in the evening when Jungkook informs me dinner will be served outside tonight. Confused, I try to ask him questions, but he walks away before I can get any answers.

I can't help but get excited about eating outside, though. The property is massive, so hopefully we'll be in a place where we'll be able to see all the stars. I've missed staring up at the night sky, which was an almost nightly ritual for me before I married Taehyung.

After I shower and get dressed for dinner in a simple navy-blue dress and matching heels, I bump into Hanbin in the hallway on the way to his room. "Are you changing for dinner?" I ask him.

"I already ate," he says with a furrowed brow.

"Oh." I just assumed the four of us would be dining again, but no matter. It must just be Jungkook, Taehyung and me. I know Taehyung can't stand to be alone with me in the same room for very long, so he'll use Jungkook and whoever else as a buffer so that he can tolerate me during the meal.

"I'm going to bed early. Goodnight, Jen," Hanbin tells me before leaning in and kissing my cheek.

I'm taken aback by the gesture, but it makes me smile. "Goodnight," I call after him before I make my descent down the stairs.

Sure enough, Jungkook is waiting for me. "Shall we?" he asks, extending his arm like a gentleman.

"We shall," I say with a giggle.

Jungkook leads me outside the patio, and I hold his arm a little tighter than necessary as we walk past the swimming pool.

"Don't worry. I won't let you fall in," Jungkook reassures me in a whisper.

"I'm surprised Taehyung didn't want to dine in the water tonight as a cruel joke on me," I tell him with a huff.

Jungkook is quiet for several steps before he says, "Be patient with him, nonna. Everything will work out in the end. You'll see."

I'm about to ask him what he means by that; but then we round the corner, and I stop dead in my tracks.

The backyard has been transformed into some magical place with fairy lights, a small, white tent with a table and two chairs. I'm in awe as Jungkook pulls me forward, and it almost feels like I'm floating to the most serene place in the world.

There's even a blanket with pillows laid out in the grass, and I am practically bursting with excitement. "kookie, did you do all of this?" I ask him.

"No. He did," he says, gesturing to the tent.

And that's when Taehyung steps out, looking brutally handsome in a black tailored suit. He's sans tie, and the buttons at the top of his black button-up shirt are undone. He looks like he just stepped out of the cover of GQ magazine, and I can't help but admit that my husband looks hot.

Jungkook carefully drops my arm and walks away, leaving Taehyung and I alone. My hands fidget at my sides. I don't know why I'm so incredibly nervous all of a sudden.

Taehyung motions to the table and chairs. "Please. Sit," he says.

He pulls out a chair for me; and when I'm seated, he slides me in closer to the table. "Thank you," I whisper to him.

I watch his every move as he goes to the other side and takes a seat across from me. I look around the gauze tent, which is decorated with more fairy lights than I've ever seen in my entire life.

"kookie said you did this," I say, my eyes darting around before finally landing on Taehyung. "When did you do this?"

"Today." He glances around and grimaces before confessing, "Took a long time too."

"I bet." Even though I want to let my guard down around Taehyung, I know I can't. This could just be another ploy to get me to trust him. I think back to the party, in the back of the car...when he tricked me into saying all those things so that Hanbin could hear them. Nothing Taehyung ever does is out of the kindness of his heart, so what does this grand gesture mean for me? He must want something big in return.

Before I can question him, a few members of the kitchen staff come out with our entrees. When they lift the silver lids, I'm expecting some fancy Korean dish. But I'm shocked when I see...a cheeseburger and French fries?

I laugh out loud at the sight. "What..." I can't even finish my sentence. "I haven't had a burger in so long," I say, my mouth watering at the sight.

"I thought we could try something different tonight," he offers.

I don't even wait for him to start. Instead, I pick up that big, juicy burger and bite into it. It's cooked to perfection and topped with all of my favorite things - lettuce, pickles, tomato and the perfect combo of mayonnaise and ketchup.

After I'm done chewing my first bite, I ask him, "How did you know I would like this?"

"It was just a hunch. After you told me you didn't really grow up around here, I figured burger and fries would be your go-to meal."

I nod in agreement. Whenever I was feeling down about stuff, I would always go to the nearest burger joint and indulge. It was only ever a temporary fix; but while I was eating, I could just pretend that everything was...normal.

I watch in amusement as Taehyung rolls up his suit sleeves and grabs his burger. He takes a hearty bite, the juices running down his stubbled chin as he chews. He's quick to grab a napkin and wipe his face, and the smile he gives me when he sees me watching is breathtaking. He looks so boyish and carefree. I would never assume that the man sitting across from me is a dangerous mafia boss.

No, right now it feels like we're on a date. A real date. Just two people getting to know each other without a care in the world.

The fries are fresh cut, salty and oh so good. I shovel a couple in my mouth after dipping them in ketchup, of course. "I'm assuming Mrs. Ahn didn't cook this?" I ask.

Amusement crinkles the corners of his eyes when he shakes his head. "No, I had one of the other cooks prepare this."

"Maybe she can make it for us tomorrow," I tell him with a shy grin.

"Sure," he agrees.

We eat our cheeseburgers and fries in silence for a while. I'm actually enjoying Taehyung's company tonight. He doesn't seem so...tense and overbearing. Usually he has this aura around him that's so unapproachable. But tonight, everything feels different. I still don't know what to make of it all, though. My guard is definitely still up, because I've been tricked before by my husband.

After we're done eating, the staff brings out a mint chocolate cake, my favorite. My eyes bounce up to meet Taehyung's. "How did you know?"

He shrugs with a smile.

"Hanbin told you, didn't he?" I ask.

Instantly, the smile on Taehyung's face turns into a frown. "No," he says, his eyes narrowing. "Actually you chose that cake the first time we had a meal together."

"Oh." I shrug off his reaction to me mentioning Hanbin's name and dig into the cake. I savor every bite, even licking the fork clean after I'm done. "That was delicious."

Taehyung barely touched his cake, but he doesn't seem put off by it. It's almost like he wants me to be happy tonight, for some odd reason. I just wish I could figure him out.

After the plates are cleared from the table, I'm sipping on a very expensive red wine when Taehyung picks up something from underneath the table and places it near me on the white tablecloth. I stare at the wrapped gift in confusion. "What's this for?" I ask, feeling skeptical already.

"I wanted to give you something," he says before clearing his throat. "I haven't exactly treated you fairly since you arrived here, and I'm hoping to make amends." His eyes shift to mine before he adds, "Starting tonight."

The present is wrapped beautifully in white paper and teal ribbon. I carefully remove the ribbon and open the lid. My brows furrow when I inspect the contents of the box. It's some kind of photo album.

Curious, I pull out the album and open it to the first page. It's a beautiful black and white photograph of Taehyung and I standing at the altar in the church on the day we were married. Our eyes are locked in some kind of weird trance. I think it might have been the first moment I looked at him. The expression in our faces is a mixture of curiosity and amazement. The photographer captured it perfectly, and I'm taken aback by the raw magnetism we felt in that moment together without even realizing it.

"I didn't even notice the photographer," I admit to him in a soft tone. I was so disheveled and nervous that day that I wasn't able to focus on anything other than the fact that I needed to walk down that aisle and marry a total stranger.

I flip through the next few pages. There are more pictures of the wedding, people in attendance, and my father walking me down the aisle, which makes tears well up in my eyes. There are even candid photos of the back of my dress and veil and my bouquet.

"Wow," I gasp when I stare at all the photos in awe. "This is amazing," I tell him.

"You like it?"

I look up to meet his eyes, and I can see the trepidation in his expression. He really wants me to like this. "Did you...did you put this album together yourself?" I ask him.

"Yes," he says with a nod. "Do you like it?" he asks again.

"No, I don't like it." I can see his expression fall right before I tell him, "I absolutely love it."

His lips stretch into a grin, and I can't help but smile back. Flipping back to the beginning, I look at the photographs all over again, one by one. I'm so enamored by the album that I don't even realize Taehyung left the table until I hear him calling my name from somewhere nearby.

I glance over to where his voice came from, and I see that he's lying on the blanket in the grass that I spotted earlier. His suit jacket is now gone, and his black button-up shirt sleeves are rolled up, showcasing his muscular forearms.

I gently set the photo album down on the table, and I slip out of my high heels before sinking my bare feet into the cool grass. I walk over to him and stare down at him, switching from foot to foot nervously.

Taehyung pats the blanket beside him with a warm smile on his face. I only hesitate a second longer before I sink down to my knees and lie beside him on the blanket.

"Give me one sec," he tells me before pushing a button on a remote. The fairy lights suddenly turn off, and then we're surrounded by darkness. "Now...look up," he whispers from beside me.

And when I look up to the night sky, I gasp in awe at the millions of stars in the sky.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

"and that's Ursa Minor right there, or the Little Dipper," Jennie babbles away from beside me on the blanket.

I've been smiling for what feels like an hour or more since she started excitedly pointing out every constellation in the sky. I had a strong feeling that stars would be her thing, because I knew what kind of books she was reading in our library. When I went in late one night, she was asleep and curled up with book about constellations, the universe, and aliens, of all things.

My wife is a space nut. And I kind of like it.

"Show me more," I tell her. I could listen to her talk about stars all night long.

She points to another constellation. "That's Perseus, the hero. He rescued Andromeda, the princess. And she is right there," she says, pointing to a nearby cluster of stars.

"So they are together forever," I say, turning my head to look at her.

"Yeah," she says with a smile.

"You know a lot about stars," I remark.

She's quiet for several seconds before she finally speaks. "Well, when I was at boarding school, I would sneak out at night and go lie in the grass behind the buildings. I always thought that maybe my mom was up there somewhere, looking back down at me." Her eyes get glassy as she stares up at the sky. "I missed her so much. It was the only way I could feel close to her."

I hate that she had to go through so much alone at such a young age. I was a little older when my mother died, but it was still rough. At least I had people, like Mrs. Ahn, making an effort at trying to get me out of my depressed funk. Jennie had no one. She relied on the stars to make her feel better. No wonder she's so obsessed with stars and the universe. She wanted to believe in something, feel something.

It's scary how much we have in common.

My hand reaches for hers. Her skin is cool, a much lower temperature than mine, and it feels so fragile and delicate in mine. I intertwine our fingers, and I love how soft her skin is against mine.

"Taehyung?" she whispers.

"Yeah," I whisper back.

"Why are you doing this?"

Her question catches me off-guard. "What do you mean?"

"The dinner, this, all of this. What's the catch?"

I release her hand and sit up slowly, staring down at her. "Why does there have to be a catch?" I ask, my eyes narrowing.

"Because there always is with you," she says, sitting up.

She doesn't trust me. She thinks I'm doing this with ill intentions. And that pisses me off. Reaching for the remote, I turn the fairy lights back on and stand. "I just wanted to have a nice evening with you, Jennie. Is that so hard to ask for?"

Fuming, I storm into the house. I worked so damn hard to make amends with her, and she just ruined it all with a few words.

By the time I'm in my bedroom, I'm regretting even doing anything nice for her. Fuck, I shouldn't have listened to Jungkook.

Start over, he had said.

Start over?

Maybe we can't start over. We had such a rough fucking start to this marriage. Maybe there is no saving it. And I don't know why the fuck I thought I could try.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

000.𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑

Thank you all for taking the time out of your days to comment on this story. It means a lot and helps the story be spread to a wider audience &&& give me the opportunity to grow as an author. All I ask is that people vote on each chapter, please. As a creator, it takes time to write and develop stories. Especially ones such as this that take a while to write and dedicate time to. So please, vote on every chapter. It means a lot more than I could ever express.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 261 36
Tʜᴏꜱᴇ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜱʜᴀᴅᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ʀᴇᴅ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴄʀᴀᴢɪᴇʀ......ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴇʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ........ BTS ꜰᴏʀ ᴡʜᴏᴍ ᴋɪʟ...
1.6K 88 20
"𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱," "𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘰 𝘪𝘯 𝘭...
22.1K 660 47
𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝘾𝘼𝙉 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉𝙂𝙀 𝘼𝙉𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙋𝙀𝙍𝙎𝙊𝙉, 𝙋𝙀𝙍𝙎𝙊𝙉𝘼𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙔 𝙊𝙍 𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙋𝙇𝙀𝙏𝙀𝘿 𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙔💫💜 (𝙀𝙉𝙂𝙇𝙄𝙎𝙃 �...
7K 242 25
❛❛I'm so glad to have met you, to have known you, to have loved you. Let's hope we meet again, in our next births, our next lives❛❛