Soulmates?

By AJcool250

You're the outcast at school. It was your 16th birthday. What happens when you find out that your soulmate is... More

A/N
Soulmate Mark
Soulmate Found
Robbery From A Soulmate
Soulmate Gem Duplication
Flash Mob With Soulmates
Away From Soulmate Bliss
Chillin' With Soulmates
National Soulmate Day
Planning For Your Soulmate
The Soulmate Date
A/N

Training With Soulmates

278 6 0
By AJcool250

[Mentions of abuse and scars]

Your POV

It was funny to see Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst's reactions. Pearl screamed, Amethyst's eyes widened, and Garnet just sat there, clearly shocked. "Hello.. I'm Steve-n?" Pink had said, but you laughed, and said, "Maybe you should go by Steve for now. Less confusion." he nodded in agreement. "How exactly did this happen?" Pearl asked after freaking out for a solid hour. "Well, for some reason, soulmates duplicate gems to those who don't have them??" You state, not really knowing either. You just knew that you didn't want Steve to have to explain it again.

"That means-" she started, but you finished, "That I have one too." you lifted up you shirt to reveal your nasty scar, along with the pink gem that you had just received. "Woah, how'd you get that scar?" Amethyst asked, and you laughed. You didn't give a strait answer. "Oh, you know, stuff." you had mumbled. Steven just smiled supportively and Pink Steven just sat there, not really understanding emotions.

"We have to train Y/n before their powers get out of hand. If something were to happen, it might result in what happened to Steven not too long ago." Garnet states, and Steven turns pink. Steve glares jokingly saying, "My color." we all laugh, but Steve just - doesn't 'glare' anymore. 'We might have to work on that' you think, putting a hand on Steve's shoulder. It was obvious that his own lack of emotions was making himself uncomfortable. "I'll teach you how." you whisper in his ear, and Steven gives you a nod of agreement.

"How bout' we all head to the training arena?" Amethyst says, "I heard that Greg had to pay more than a hospital bill." you blush in embarrassment. "I mean, now we know that she can float!" Steven says cheerfully, and we all head to the warp. "Try." Steve says. I put my hands out in front of me, and concentrate. 'Training arena?' you think, but it sounded more of a question then a command. Suddenly, a blue light surprises all, and you end up in some sort of broken, beat up, training area.

"This is it! Well done, Y/n!" Pearl says, and you smile, proud of your accomplishment. Steve gives a thumbs up as did the others. You, Pearl, Pink Steven, and Regular Steven make it to the center while Greg (you didn't know why he was still there), Amethyst, and Garnet sit on the sidelines. "Try to summon your weapon." Pearl says, and you think. 'What makes me happy? Good grades? Friends? Steven.' but it didn't work.

Your mind flashes to your parents; 'What would they think? Where are they? Were they looking for you?' then, you felt something in your hands. You opened your eyes (yes, they were closed) and you could see a vibrant pink scythe in your hands. You turn to the other gems for approval, but all you see is everyone hiding behind Steve. "Did I do something wrong?" you ask, and Steven explains saying, "We all have bad memories... With rejuvenators... Maybe unsummon it for now?" and you frown, "But this is something I can do! Can I try and change it?" Steve shrugged, "Go ahead."

'What was I even thinking about? If I can't do this, than I'm useless...' It took you a full minute, but you realized there was something else in your hand - two things in your hand. You opened your eyes once more to find twin swords. Pearl jumped out from behind Steven in delight. "W-we can work with this! I'm not even going to question how you managed to change it!" She cheers, and makes a holo-Pearl for you to fight. With no instruction, it starts attacking you.You parry the Holo-Pearl twice, then dodge it's thrust. This was level one, the basics. "You go (Girl/Boy/Child)!" Amythyst cheers, but you don't look up. You can see Steve and Steven getting restless. The parry, parry, thrust movement goes on for a while longer, but you decide during thrust to sweep it off it's feet and point at it's chest. "Challenger defeated... Do you wish to go again?" Before Pearl can say anything, you say, "Yes. Activate level 100." and you get off the holo-Pearl.

Everyone is rushing at you now, but you make a bubble and widen it enough so that they were trapped out of the arena and only you and holo-Pearl were left. Everything was still visible from the outside. You sent everyone a thumbs up, while they sent you worried looks. The holo-Pearl turned red and asked, "Do you wish to activate mist?" you say no. You wanted everyone to see you kick this holo-Pearl's butt. Then it starts attacking you. You make another bubble around you and widen it. Now, the holo-Pearl can't reach you when you pop it.

You do so, and its sent flying and it hits the other bubble saying, "Challenger defeated. Wish to go again?" you say, "No." and it returns back into Pearl's gem. You pop the other bubble, and everyone comes rushing in. They are all asking questions, but you walk up to Pearl and ask, "Why did it feel as though I was fighting a baby with a sword?" and Pearl just shakes her head in disbelief. "H-How?-" she mutters, but you say nothing. Steve and Steven come next, clinging to you like you died. "Are you okay?" Steven asks, clinging to your leg. You laugh at the childish behavior and say, "Yes." Amethyst just begged you to show her the technique, and Garnet was trying to convince you to fuse someday. You warped back to the temple, with the two Stevens still on your legs. "Get off." You say once you get there and they do so, falling off your legs to the floor. "You guys act like children." you laugh. "I am a child. Whatz your excuse?" Steven laughed, and Steve joined him, smiling. You groan in annoyance. "That was an inside joke, wasn't it?" they nodded.

"How about' we make some food?" you ask, and Steven nods. Steve just sits there. "I don't need to eat." he says sadly. "But you can." Steven says. Steve nods and says, "Whatz for breakfast?" you laugh and look through the fridge like it was your own. "We have waffles, pancake bites-" you start, but they screech, "PANKAKE BITES!!!" and you go ahead and take them out. "Geez, my ears have bled twice in one day, be careful." you whine, and they laugh, muttering a "sorry."

 Pancake bites were mini pancakes with chocolate inside, and from the sound of it, Steven (and Steve) love them. You remember having them once, but it had been when you were really young, so you didn't really know what they tasted like. "How long?" you ask, putting them in the microwave. "35 seconds!" they say proudly, and you punch in the numbers. "I have a feeling you like pancake bites more than your soulmate." you mutter, and Steven says, "That's not true!!" and clings to your arm.

"What should we do in 35 seconds?" you ask, and then realize, "Maybe we should teach Pink Steven how to show emotions... Or talk in complete sentences?" Steve nods and says, "Limited speech gets annoying." Steven agrees and says (letting go), "Well, you're doing pretty good, maybe we should work on speech first??" and Steve shrugs. "Okay, how about this? Working on emotions will help you with your speech." you spoke, and the two agreed.

The microwave went off, and you take out the bites and they pounce on the paper plate holding them. "Leave some for me!" you call, walking into Steven (and Pink Steven's) room. "Mind if I take one of your old clothing?" you call, and Steven says, "Sure!!" you start to rummage through a bag of old clothes, mostly consisting of red star shirts and jeans. You change into them, but the star shirt fit like a crop-top, and his jeans look like shorts on you. You sigh, "This will work." and you walk to the kitchen to see two upset Stevens and an empty plate of pancake bites.

"What happened?" you grumbled. "There are no more." Steve says, pointing to the plate. "Then make more." you say, and their eyes lit up. "Thanks Y/n!" the shout, and you chuckle at their foolishness. You go ahead and sit on the couch. Amethyst comes out of her room, and the first thing she sees is Steve and Steven watching the microwave happily. "Some things never change." she mutters.

"Heyo!" you call, and she looks over to see you sitting on the couch. She laughs, "When did you start wearing Steven's baby shirts? Looks good on you!" and you shrug, "I needed something to wear, and it's not like I'm going back to my hou-" you summon your scythe on accident. "Sorry!" you yell, and it disappears. "I never gonna get used to that." Amethyst says.

Then she realizes your scar and gem. "Woah! Cool!" she says, and you shyly smile. You had several scars, some more noticable than others. This one was the deepest and largest though and you didn't bother hiding it like your other scars that you had gotten from beer bottles your parents had thrown. She comes and joins you on the couch, curling up beside you. "If you ever need to talk, you can come to me." she says, clearly seeing the thoughts from the look in your eyes.

"W-What!" You fake laugh, "What are you t-talking about?!" and Amethyst sends you a serious glare. You stop and say, "Okay." just then, Garnet and Pearl warp in. "Great training today!" Pearl complements, and her and Garnet enter her room. "I'm going to join them, I think it's important. Watch the kids." Amethyst says, pointing to the two Stevens, who were now glaring at her. "Okay! Bye!" you bid farewell, and walk over to the two 'kids' as Amethyst called them.

"We ran out of Pancake bites!" Pink Steven whines, and you and Steven exchange looks for a moment, but then Steven says, "Can we get more??" and you sigh. 'Amethyst was right. I met Steven two days ago and I know this is how he acted when he was 12 (probably).' you think. "No. You had too many. No more." you say, and they pull out the puppy eyes. "Steven taught you that, didn't he?" you say to Steve, and he smiles and nods. You glare at Steven and he shrugs. You resisted the eyes and said, "No." once more.

They sighed in defeat, and went to sit on their bed. "How bout' we go and train? Just with regular power stuff?" you suggest, and Pink looks at you and says, "Your already a natural, I am the source of these powers, but Steven could use some work." you smile and say, "Your doing good with sentences. Told ya!" but Steve just looked confused. "I haven't smiled once." he states and Steven scoffs, "We all know that's a lie. Also, that last thing was offensive!" and he punches Steve's arm lightly. "What was offensive?" Pink joked, and you laughed. "Maybe we should go and train." you say, and you drag the two out the door.

Steven tried to protest, but Steve just slings him over his shoulder. "Eh, he's okay." he says, "Where to?" and you point to the cliff near the temple. He nods and you to walk there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 68 14
(Currently on hiatus) What if Rose survived Steven's birth, but she lost her memories? Returning back to her original form as Pink Diamond with no re...
6.9K 170 26
While the Off Colors and the Crystal Gems talk downstairs a fight between Lars and Steven break out upstairs resulting in the end of their friendship...
170K 4K 26
BOOK #1: Steven Universe: The Movie CRINGE VALUE: EXTRA LARGE ➪(Edited description) Now that peace has been brought to the galaxy Steven and the Cry...
1.9K 25 14
Ok as some people may know steven died in the last book but managed to stay in Pink Stevens body to relive! But because he's body passed to Pink Stev...