Mismatched - ONC2023

By OniVogel

Christine Clarke is a 35-year old tailor who hasn't had so much luck in the search of the love of her life. O... More

The Prompt
Characters
Chapter 1. The Arrangement
Chapter 2. The Date
Chapter 3. The Attractive Stranger
Chapter 4. Impulses of Bravery

Preface

15 4 4
By OniVogel

When we are kids, we imagine how we will be when adults, what we'll do for a job, the family we'll make. When we are teenagers, we wish fiercely that our crush invites us to prom and imagine our wedding with them. And when we become adults, we have dreams too, we foresee possible futures for our life... but a few are the ones who enjoy themselves thinking that one day they will be locking eyes with their future murderer.

She wasn't one of those few and, however, she was there: staring into the eyes of the person who was going to kill her, with a pain that went beyond the fear to die itself. A pain which gripped her and prevented her from acting. Only time, the little she had left, would say if that state would prevail... over surviving instinct.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 3.9K 20
"I want you to be present at every beck and call of mine. And your contacts with men should be very limited" "What exactly do you think I am?" "I kno...
335 46 39
"Cut the Mr. Knight bullshit, sweetheart. We both know I'm more than just your boss and it's futile to believe otherwise." He growls. He leans close...
4.4K 356 36
Cassie is self-sabotaging, a dry sense of humour, a sultry melody, a sarcastic remark. She's a dead gaze, smudged eyeliner, a garden of withering red...
10.5K 1K 40
Since Aubrey James could crawl, she has wanted to decide things for herself. So when an archaic law allows her parents to choose who she will marry...