The Vampire Prince graduates...

By Mama_Kas

After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is grad... More

Q&A
Development Project
For the Future
Career Exams
Promises
Invitation
Family Talk
Dinner
Confessions
A Whole New World
Senior Year
Orientation
Convenient
Quiet Moment
Unexpected
Second Breakfast
Theory
Letting the Cat out of the Bag
Internship
AU - Hot Chocolate at the park
Debts
Insecure
Back-Up Plan
My Brain Hurts
P.I.
Cooperation
Ice-cream Break
Let Me Hold Your Papers
Auction (Part 1)
Auction (Part 2)
Reply
The Truth
Building Bridges
Brownies make good breakfast
Digging for Information
Pep talk
Moving Forward
Insight
It Happened
Remain Calm
Lady Hargrave
Trust
Inside Job
Resurfaced
Not a Promise
Breach
In your Arms
Around the dinner table
Camellia
Roommates
Ambush
Henry
Betrayed
Call Him
Exercise Caution
Sold
Served
I Know
Gifts
Unwrapping
Traditions
Plans
A Traitor Among Us
Hacked
The Final Countdown
Love, Strength, and Trust
Well Wishes
To the Future
Times are Changing
Riot
We're Everywhere
Captured
Pawn
Exchange
Exposed
Escape
Rescued
The Truth Revealed
Sleeping Beauty
A Cure
Immobilized
Awakened
Princess
Loyalty
Graduation
Epilogue

What's the Rush?

512 26 2
By Mama_Kas

Once the break was over, there was no time to lose. While Violet was under house rest, the public hadn't been told yet. I was sure Lady Hargrave would 'accidentally' reveal the truth sooner or later. Noah was hard at work trying to find the real culprit. He was still appearing in public with King Lionel, but most of his time was focused on finding the truth.

There were so many things to keep track of.

Cassidy's mom and the other ambassadors were treated with an antidote Dr. Daniels had derived from Alexander's blood. There was little progress, but it was just a matter of time. I heard last that the ambassadors were working from home under heavy guard unless they were attacked again.

I think they were safe for now. Lady Hargrave had sent a powerful message. She wouldn't resort to the same trick twice.

If our trap was going to work, we needed to catch her off guard. We needed to set the ceremony up without notifying her of what we were up to. The only ones I thought of were Brissa, Amber, and Sandra. Despite my hesitation, they were happy to help me plan my 'debut,' as they called it.

The day after I sent Sandra to collect the catalog book from Royal Prints, she showed it to me during lunch.

"We need to make it fancy," I said between sandwich bites. "It needs to garner a lot of attention. Have the fan club make a big deal online."

"Venue," Amber said, reading off the checklist. "Has the be the palace. So, check."

"What about the time and date?" Brissa asked.

I bit my lip. Alexander and I had yet to decide. Plus, not even my parents or Alexander's parents knew.

"Three months," I whispered. "We need to make it happen in three months."

The girls looked at each other.

"Are you sure?" Sandra asked.

"It has to," I said. "We're almost graduating, and three months probably won't give You-Know-Who time to plan anything."

"So, we need to combine the announcement and engagement ceremonies into one, right?" Sandra asked. She stabbed at her baked potato.

"I thought they were the same thing?" Amber asked.

I sighed. "We'll they are but aren't. Like the announcement ceremony, you tell people your plans. The engagement is where you celebrate actually going through with it. So, yes? We're combining it."

"Has anything been printed?" Brissa asked.

"No," I replied. "I checked with Miss Melanie. After everything that happened, we put everything on hold."

"It worked in our favor," Amber said. "So, three months from now. On Saturday at 7 pm. So, let's edit the invitations and start making the guest list."

"It was to be huge," I added. "It needs to be a big audience. Nobles and reporters should attend too. Friends and family."

"I can get that from Alexander," I told them. I bit my lip. "Sorry. We've done this already, and it's like I'm back to square one."

"Don't worry about it," Brissa said. "We wouldn't do this if we didn't want to. Besides, the beginning steps are mostly going through what we already have. It doesn't hurt to double-check. Nothing is changing except the location and the guest list."

"And everything else needs to change too if we need to make it fancy," Sandra added.

I rubbed my eyes. "Don't remind me. I'll choose everything today and send it to you later," I told Sandra.

"I can go tomorrow," Brissa said. "I have time. Plus, it's not smart to send the same person."

"Thanks," I said. "I'll work on it tonight."

"Do you still have your internship?" Sandra asked me suddenly.

"Not anymore," I confessed. "I think it was too much for me, and I need to take a break from that for now. I still have my etiquette lessons, though."

Much like Lady Hargrave, I needed to keep my head down. Sure, I might cause some trouble to throw suspicion off of me, but needless to say, this political maneuvering was exhausting. How do people do it?

Sighing, I finished the rest of my meal. I didn't have to stay at school or go to my internship. I had the rest of the afternoon free. I knew Joseph would be waiting for me in the parking lot until it was ready to go home. 

After lunch, that is what I did. It felt so strange going home. Cami wasn't home, but I poured more water and food into her bowls. 

My body was filled with adrenaline. There was so much to do, but I couldn't decide what to do first. So, I decided to multitask. I played one of my science lectures on my laptop while I filled out Royal Prints' form.

As I did this, I also emailed Violet for a guest list. Maybe with her under house arrest, she would help me plan the event. It s*cked that this was the way I could get a moment of her time, but I was going to take advantage of it. With Violet's help, I finished most of my checklist (invitations, tentative menu, entertainment). 

When my parents came home, I was downstairs trying to defrost the ground beef faster under the hot water. 

"What's for dinner?" Mom joked.

"Spaghetti," I said. "It's easy and fast."

"I think we have garlic bread in the fridge," Dad said. "Let me help."

After my parents changed out of their work clothes, we prepared dinner. Between the three of us, it didn't take us too long. Mom set the table, Dad poured the drinks, and we were ready to eat. 

"It's terrible what happened to Violet," Mom said. "To think someone could frame her like that. There's no way she's capable of anything that would harm vampires."

"It just goes to show that some people will do anything to further their agenda," Dad replied.

"Well, she did help me prep for the ceremony," I casually added. 

"So, you're going through with it?" Dad asked. "I thought you wanted to wait until after college."

I bit my lip. "I'm not getting married," I said. "I'm telling them that I will in the future."

"What's the rush?" he asked.

"Rin, are you pregnant?" Mom asked.

Dad and I choked on our food. 

"No," I said, tears in my eyes. "Gosh, no. No, no."

"Emily," Dad gasped. 

"You were thinking it too," Mom told him. 

I chugged down my drink and took a deep breath. "The ceremony is a hunting ground," I confessed. "Alexander and I want to tell people about our relationship, and if that helps us . . . that's great."

Mom put her fork down. "Help against her, you mean."

I nodded. "Look at Violet. I'm sure it was her. We don't have any evidence. Once she's taken care of, Alexander and I will slow down."

Dad sighed. "Rin, are you sure about this?"

"I'm sure. Maybe rush wasn't a good choice." I tapped the table. "I'm doing this for myself because I know I'll put it off, and I don't want to keep Alexander waiting. I also think it's time for us to go public."

"Wasn't Prince Rothchester okay with waiting?" he asked. "Or is it because you're going to grow older?"

"Dad, it's nothing like that." I winced. To think I made my dad think it was about age.

"I doubt that's an issue," Mom suddenly said. "I asked Violet about it over the holidays. I was curious about her age."

"Don't tell me you asked about her age, Mom."

"I didn't. Sort of. Anyways, the point was that vampires' bodies age to some extent. So, it stands to reason that Prince Rothchester will look older later on."

I sighed. "The point is that we're announcing our relationship and dealing with her simultaneously. Look at everything that's happened now. If we don't do something about it, then it'll get worse."

Dad shook his head. "I don't like the agenda. It's supposed to be a happy time only."

Mom put a hand on his arm. "I understand why you're doing this," she said. "Even though I agree with your dad, we'll support you. We don't want you to regret this later."

I smiled at them. "Thanks. Honestly, everything should be alright unless she does something to ruin it. If she does, we'll get proof to call her out. So, let's hope she doesn't do anything."

Dad sighed. "Okay," he said. "Let us know if we can help with anything."

I smiled again. "I will."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 760 12
Life is all about making sacrifices.Werewolves are living with Anastasia Roberts right under nose. When she learns the shocking secret, her life take...
695 247 62
After asking her to stay out of trouble, she finally allows her to go to the palace. What will be Elena's fate. And admist all the feelings of stron...
186K 6.3K 34
Some refer to Violet and her tribe of werewolves as dangerous and unlawful. But, in a world where weak humans rule over the werewolf realm, she is do...
8.4M 404K 46
I was sure the worst thing to ever happen to me would be being kidnapped, and sure, that was pretty bad. However, what was worse was being kidnapped...