Warcraft: Zephyrs of Salvation

By Sharkskinned

NEW CHAPTER AVAILABLE!! Now available on Wattpad and Movellas. During the Third War, Azeroth suffered the Le... More

Prologue: Two Worlds Connect
Chapter I: Interstellar Link
Chapter II: United States Navy SEALs
Chapter IV: Earth's Involvement
Chapter V: Sylvanas Windrunner

Chapter III: United States Marine Corps

240 9 6
By Sharkskinned

This is a moment of realization, people. It truly is time for me to return to the Warcraft Universe after so long.

Welcome to a new chapter in my writing journey!

-Sharkskinned

NEW CHANGES POSTED AFTER ERRORS REDISCOVERED. MY BAD.

................................................................................................................................................................

Camp Lejeune
Jacksonville, North Carolina
(1330 Hours/1:30 P.M.)

Having realized the dangers of the undead being close to Washington, D.C., it was made imperative that the USMC act on it as soon as possible. Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, North Carolina was close enough for quick deployment despite being two states away. 

The 2nd Marine Division was garrisoned in Camp Lejeune, which was under the command of Maj. Gen. John K. Love, who received news directly from the Commandant who was currently in Washington, D.C. and urgently called every enlisted and officer not on M.P. or Guard Duty to immediately head out to the Air Station. Several MV-22 Ospreys from the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (MAW) were ordered to ready up before he would make his announcement. On the airfield, several marines from the aforementioned division gathered.

Meanwhile, Naval Station Norfolk prepped up the USS Wasp (LHD-1) to enter alongside the 2nd MAW as they were not going to risk an amphibious invasion underequipped and understaffed. From the intel gathered by the top brass, they were going to make sure that the assault will go smoothly. As both backup and reinforcement, it was decided that the Marine Raider Regiment (MRR) was to accompany the Navy SEALs in recon operations, alongside future missions that may fall into tac ops territory.

A sudden order from the Department of the Navy was approved, where a request of at least a minimum of 100 Seabees were to accompany the SEALs and Raiders to help them establish territory and temporary settlements. 

The 1st Marine Raider Battalion, under the command of Lt. Col. Andrew Christian, will enter in full force, with four companies consisting of 14-person teams totaling up to 42 Raiders.

"Marines! We got orders from the Pentagon to immediately deploy to the portal or whatever they call it up north in the Chesapeake Bay. The 2nd Marine Division will enter first, soon followed by the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing. Our orders are to spearhead the invasion within the portal, and from what we hear, there is a likely chance of enemy combatants, and as a result we are going to enter in full force. We leave in 0030 Hours, effective immediately! Pack up your bags and get ready for deployment." Maj. Gen. Love declared

"Sir, yes, sir!" all marines present replied in unison

Meanwhile, the topic of conversation amongst the marines were mostly in line with curiosity.

"Man, they're sending the entire division and wing up north close to D.C., must be something really big, besides the fact that a literal portal exists."

"Makes me wonder what they saw on the other side when the SEALs went in first. Something tells me this ain't gonna be our usual routine. Sure that portal looks magical, but what's on the other side that spooked the brass up top bad enough to send a huge fraction of the camp's forces is the real question."

"We already got the SEALs on the other side, but why add a Marine Spec Ops Battalion into the mix?"

"This is getting a lil sus, especially with the fact that I heard the USS Cole hasn't returned yet. I think they sent a runner back to D.C., because how else could the Pentagon have gotten the incentive to send us?"

"Now that makes sense... but I wonder how they got that runner past the eyes of every news network in the country."

"Save the chit-chat for later, ladies. Y'all gonna find out when we get there. Pack up and get your asses on those Widowmakers!" a Staff Sgt. reminded them once he noticed their little chat

The marines were boarding the MV-22 Ospreys that were readying up for departure, and the flight took a little over half an hour to get to Chesapeake Bay, where the Coast Guard and Navy continued to stay on watch.

"The Corps will be securing the area the Navy stumbled onto, and it's our job to eliminate any immediate threat that could get past the destroyer, because if we fail, we would've basically served the Capitol right to any enemy force on the other side. For that, I'll say a lil prayer for everyone.

Dear God in Heaven,

Whatever comes our way, we shall prevail. Whatever harm tries to befall our country, we shall fight to the death to defend it. We ask for your divine intervention as we step foot in a new land, and we humbly ask for your guidance. The United States Marine Corps shall be under your loving care, and we trust in you.

Amen.

Now get your asses in that portal and bring on hell! Semper Fi!"

"OORAH!!!!!!!"

Azeroth
Off the coast of Quel'Thalas
(1400 Hours tracked for Earth Time)

The Ospreys slowly entered the portal one by one in order to compensate for the rather small size, with the last to enter being the USS Wasp.

"Sir, marines are arriving."

"Good. At least we can have some backup."

The USMC was given orders to help the Navy gain ground, and prepare a site for a FOB (Forward Operating Base). To help ensure that, they would gain intel from their soon-to-be-introduced elven allies.

The Marines, along with the incoming Ospreys and LHD, looked imposing to the quel'dorei, and with the aid of the SEAL and Raider Teams, it'll be somewhat manageable.

"Alright, listen up. We got orders from Command that we are going to set up a FOB on the beach area ahead of us. So, the only thing we need to know is what we're facing." Lt. Col. Christian stated

"We faced a bunch of undead. Shitloads of 'em behind that beachhead." A SEAL with the callsign Doc spoke up

Lt. Col. Christian then noticed the quel'dorei who were beside the sailors near the navigation controls. He raised his eyebrows in doubt and disbelief.

"Excuse me, but um, are they civilians dressed up in costumes or cosplay or whatever that is?"

"No, sir. They're elves. REAL elves."

"Hmm... might need a lil bit of an adjustment period..."

"So, this is Lenara and Lylia, then Zanavar, Yaeron and Aurina."

After the marines got at least partially acquainted with the fact that they were in a hostile new world that's filled with a lot of creatures only thought to exist within fantasy, they were given the reminder that they will need to be careful. The orders were relayed to both CIA Agent Parker and Lt. Col. Christian via the latter sharing it, and that the specified orders for the former were more on the side for intel gathering but was instructed to aid in the FOB's creation and upkeep. 

The SEALs were going to be accompanied by one company from the 1st MRB, totaling the manpower to 18. Their objective was to recon for high value targets and the landscape in order to help facilitate the offensive later on.

2 Hours Later
(1600 Hours tracked for Earth Time)

The marine camp was set up by the Seabees with the most minimal configuration due to time constraints and to maintain additional secrecy about the mission by making do of what they brought over and not asking for more materials for the meantime which might draw more unwanted attention from the media.

It was set up on the beach where the USS Cole was anchored offshore. The perimeter was marked by six M240G Machine Guns mounted on M122 Tripods on specific points within a barricade of sandbags with foxholes hastily dug in for the sentries manning the guns.  They had found spare guns and decided to use that for perimeter defense until those could be hopefully replaced by the M2HB .50 BMGs. 

Tents were being erected even in the dead of night, as time was of the essence.

Essential equipment, such as basic radar and radio, were set up in order to help get early detection in case anything or anyone tries to approach. To bolster that, four watchtowers, with lights installed, were previously set up by the Seabees, with two marines on each armed with M14s and M16A3 rifles to stand guard and serve as lookouts. Every piece of electronic and electrical hardware were powered by a diesel generator brought ashore. They didn't have satellites on Azeroth yet, so they had to make do with the bare-bones approach the US did in World War II.

The four high elves watched in awe the entire time on how their new allies had quickly set up base camp, giving them hope of holding out against the undead and the opportunistic Amani forest trolls.

As if fate decided to sprinkle this evening with mischief, the former was about to be spotted.

"Sir! We've detected multiple readings just ahead of us."

The elves with their sensitive hearing and ability to sense magical energy recognized the foul stench of necromantic energy accompanied by the wailing and grunting from afar, alerting them.

"It's the undead! They're preparing to attack! We must be ready to defend ourselves!!!"

"Excuse me, miss. But how would you know-"

"Sir!! You might wanna take a look at this!" a Private talked through the radio

"What is it, marine?"

"I don't know, but I'm seeing a shitload of zombies and monsters, sir! They're headed straight for us!!!!"

The Lt. Col. and the Agent looked at them and then gave the orders to the SEALs and Marines, including the Raiders, to ready themselves. As the first undead came into view, machine guns and marksman rifles sounded off into the night.

"Oh God, there's too many of them!"

"Keep spraying! We're not wasting bullets, anyway!"

Some saw newly-risen undead in the place of those recently killed. 

"Still think we're not wasting bullets????!!!!"

The high elves decided to leave the tent and try to see what was going on. Lylia headed up the watchtower.

"Hey! What are you-" 

She then spotted some necromancers and told the Pvt. to do something "Kill those necromancers! They'll keep raising more undead the more they stay around!"

"What do they look like??"

"The ones that are casting spells, with staffs and cloaks!"

The Pvt. saw her point, and immediately went to inform his superiors.

"Sir! We should shoot those necromancers!"

"Necro-what?"

"Necromancers. They're wearing cloaks and carrying some magic sticks or something, and they're the ones raising more of those undead!"

"Where'd you get that intel?"

"An elf girl came up here and told me to shoot them! I suggest we do that, sir!"

Looks of contemplation between the military officers and the government agent went back and forth, but the Lt. Col. made a choice.

"Very well. Relay the orders to shoot those necromancers." 

"Attention. This is Lt. Col. Andrew Christian on the line. Every capable rifleman and marksman, aim for the necromancers raising up more of those undead. I repeat, shoot those necromancers. Over and out."

Growls were heard over the distance, and it was revealed that a wave of grotesque, sluggish, menacing Abominations have started to advance.

"Sir, we got some Frankenstein-ass zombies heading our way!!!"

"Hold the line, marine!"

Necromancers were slowly being taken out, and it helped with the problem of the increasing numbers of undead. The marines saw that they were gaining the advantage and pressed on.

As several minutes went by, screeching from the air was heard. Some looked up at the sky. Aurina recognized the sound.

"They're sending in gargoyles!!!!!!! Shoot them down!" she shouted

"Did she just say gargoyles??!!!"

"Just fucking shoot em!!!!!!"

The marksmen with the M14s tried to aim, and to aid that, the searchlights were pointed upward and the air raid siren sounded off.

One gargoyle managed to land on a watchtower and started to claw at a sentry.

"Get him off, man! Get him off!!!!"

His partner managed to shoot the gargoyle in the head with a 9mm bullet, and threw it off the tower.

One sergeant on the ground had a plan.

"I have an idea."

He shot up a flare at the sky, revealing the number of those flying horrors.

"Open fire!!!!!"

The night sky was then lit up with 5.56x45 and 7.62x51 bullets.

The nearby USS Cole saw the action, and Capt. McDaniel immediately ordered to provide AA fire support for the Marines and the SEALs under attack.

The buzz and hum of the Phalanx CIWS was heard, mowing down numerous gargoyles.

Lion-like roars were heard, signaling the incoming Obsidian Destroyers, raining down bolts of dark magic, hitting some marines and luckily they were only injured.

To counteract them, the onboard .50 BMGs fired at them, creating a rain of shattered bone and metal armor.

To make matters worse, a beastly roar came upon them.

"What the-"

"Holy fuck!!!!"

"Come on!!! Why did it have to be an undead dragon???!!!!"

A massive Frost Wyrm descended from the skies and breathed an icy torrent of deathly frost, with several marines put out of commission with telltale signs of frostbite and solidified bodies.

Meat Wagons flung bodies at the camps, managing to damage some tents and equipment.

Agent Parker decided to radio the USS Cole for support as Lt. Col Christian was busy fighting off the advancing undead on the ground.

"This is Agent Parker of the CIA!!! Requesting Tomahawk missiles at the massive target!!!"

"Roger that, Agent Parker."

A wave of Tomahawk missiles flew at the massive undead dragon, sending it plummeting to the ground, killing numbers of its fellow undead beneath its hulking form.

The Navy destroyer fired off shells from its main gun, hitting the giant bony head and killing it for good.

With the frost wyrm dead, all remaining undead forces including the Meat Wagons and Abominations were mowed down by guns and artillery, with the four sin'dorei, Marine Raiders and Navy SEALs helping in the cleanup operation, ending the harrowing first contact with the Scourge.

"We won!!!!!! We fucking won!!!!! OORAH!!!"

"OORAH!!!"

The four blood elves witnessed in awe what had occurred. A relatively small force of Marines and one Navy destroyer managed to stand against a massive wave of the Scourge and win.

(2300 Hours tracked for Earth Time)

As the dawn came, the injured and the dead were tended to, with damaged structures and equipment being repaired.

"Yaeron, I can't believe we actually won." Aurina spoke

"I have a feeling this is only the beginning." Yaeron replied

That's my latest chapter, ladies and gentlemen! Hope you enjoyed it! Suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thank you for staying along.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.6K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
462K 16.7K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
586K 13.1K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
433K 17.6K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...