the perfect pair | PABLO GAVI

By fcestx

ā˜† šˆš š–š‡šˆš‚š‡ two futbol players, same club, same number; start everything off on the wrong foot onl... More

cast
[1] dates? since when?
[2] "no interest"
[3] don't tell xavi
[4] you're texting-
[5] ballon d'Or prep
[6] posts
[7] can tonight night be over?
[8] disaster
[9] far from home
[10] he was right
[11] don't even
[12] interviews
[13] new beginnings
A/N
[14] day 'n' nite
[15] wrong number
[16] what last night caused
[17] realization of it all
[18] post
[19] shouldn't have called
[20] stop fucking up
[21] moonlight on the river
[22] with you in the crowd
[23] mastermind
[24] posts
[25] need you
[26] birthday bash
[27] posts
[28] super copa 1
[29] super copa 2
[30] posts
[32] gold rush
[33] the perfect pair
- end -
bonus
A/N
A/N

[31] promo video

5.3K 102 17
By fcestx

GAVI's POV

if it weren't for the call i got from sarah, i would've had to wait till y/n's practice was over to see her again. but now we're both walking out onto the field to look for her. she isn't hard to spot out; not for me anyways. i can see her smile from here, and the way the sun is hitting her directly.

it's a really sunny day.

"where is she?" i have to help sarah out by pointing by the goal post. "great eye! i can only imagine why though." she gives me a look that i can't help but laugh at. "yeah whatever. jonatan's right there."

we come up from behind him after he's just come back from walking around.

"sarah! great to see you, i just didn't think it was already time."

jonatan had known why we were here, but she didn't.

although, y/n hadn't spotted me, alexia did when she waved at me and started to run up to y/n who was in deep conversation with engen, another midfielder.

i could see alexia whisper her something which finally made her look back and i waved for her.

without waiting a second, she came running up to me. "what're you doing here?" i nudge my head over to where sarah and jonatan are talking, "well sarah called me in the morning and she wanted us to film something for the channel, i think it's a 'most likely to,' i didn't get to let her finish before i agreed for us." it had been weeks since la super copa so things were definitely said after my post and the pictures.

i knew it'd only be right to agree to this because i wanted nothing more than to show y/n off by my side.

"well i should thank you for getting me out of this." and she points out to the field.

i mean, i have an idea as to how she can.

i point at my cheek and she rolls her eyes, i really didn't think she was gonna give in until i turned to the side after we were called by jonatan and she went for it.

i wish it had lasted longer.

"sarah, hey!" she greets her with a hug that sarah returns before she catches her up on everything that's about to happen. "so you have no problem leaving practice early, correct?"

"problem? you just saved me."

"hey, your coach is right here." y/n's not stupid, she knows exactly what she said. anything to rile jonatan up just as she's about to leave for the rest of the day.

"is my mic on?" i start tapping on the little nub clipped onto our training shirts they had both y/n and i change into. "para de joder." y/n swats my hand away from the high chair she's in right next to me. "i wanna make sure!"

"gavi, it's on. you're fine." sarah said behind the camera while trying to help out the crew.

she's gonna be asking the questions and by the end, she'll have to edit whatever comes out of this. "do i look okay? i hardly got any time to check!" y/n starts running her fingers through her hair, i guess she's trying to comb it.

she's doing awful, though.

"claro que te miras bien, hasta mejor. but stop doing that. you're literally ripping your hair out."

"whatever works."

she continues doing that until i can't take it and go up to someone else besides sarah who's clearly struggling and ask for a hair brush.

surprisingly, the woman i asked had one and i thanked her and walked back to y/n who probably didn't even notice i walked away because she had her phone opened to the camera. i walk all the way behind her and come into frame.

i give her little bunny ears and she turns her phone off to turn to look at me, "really?"

i nod but also hold up the brush before i grab her head and turn it to the front. "maybe not. i'll actually fall asleep."

"too bad."

i part her hair down the middle and get any tangles her ponytail gave her. "on my birthday you took my makeup off like you knew exactly what you were doing, and even right now. it's scary how good you are it this, everything really."

i don't have a mom and older sister for nothing.

"thank aurora," i grew up with her treating me like a customer at her hair salon, and i would have to do the same when it was her turn. "you know she's dying to meet you?"

"seriously?" more than serious. "my parents too."

"what did you tell your parents and her that made them wanna meet me so badly?"

"nada, solo que eres la mas perfecta persona para mi. so... not much," she grabs my hand from the brush and i go to cup her face when she spins the chair around. "just kidding. i definitely told them way more."

she laughed in my face and i kissed her forehead. "i love your laugh." her smile melts my heart and the tilt her head made to look at me at another angle did too, "i don't mean to interrupt but we're ready."

sarah's voice knocks us out of it and i quickly hand the brush back and head back to my seat.

we both clear our throats and try to act as professional as we can and introduce ourselves. "hi, i'm- yeah no, i can't do this." she bursts into laughter and i join her even though nothing was said to make us laugh the way we were. "okay okay, i'll introduce you."

i take a deep breath and we compose ourselves... again. "hi i'm gavi, that's y/n and we're gonna be playing Most Likely To."

"do we actually have to say to like and subscribe? it seems a little-"

"yes you have to do it." sarah cuts y/n off and we both can't help but laugh again. "how about he says it first, and i say it at the end?"

"i already went though." i tell her. "which means you get to embarrass yourself again... please!" i get on with it because i don't wanna waste sarah's time and she finally begins asking the questions.

"who is most likely to cry whilst watching a movie?"

if y/n says me instead of her... the same person who cried to rio, i don't know what i'll do. we both scribble something on the small white board we have and flip it around "mas le vale."

glad to know she's self aware and wrote herself.

"no empieces." she starts erasing hers but i can't help but keep it going, "no because you literally cried to rio. no one does that!"

"well i did but we're past that!" i'm not. sarah wants to keep it moving though so we do.

"who is most likely to crash while driving?"

that's so easy. i can't help but write her name again and turn it around just for her to say me. "have you even been taken out on the road to practice?!" only a few times, but i got it down. i don't need to ask if she does, she does have her own car after all. "just because you have more practice than me, doesn't mean i'm not the better driver."

then again, aurora refuses to get in whenever i do try to take the car.

"that's exactly what it means though."

no, no it doesn't. "okay, who is most likely to skip work and attend a party?" we both think about it because it really depends. i write her again and she writes mine. "he may not look like the party guy, but trust me on this one."

she has a point, but to skip work is different.

"who is most likely to sneak away from a team dinner?" more like who's to say i haven't. i write my own name down and she does the same to me. "and your excuse is?"

"i need fresh air, what can i say?" i put my hands up in defense and she smiles at me like we didn't have one with both teams two nights ago and we both excused ourselves at different times just to walk around the restaurant they took us out to.

to be fair, it was my plan. "who is most likely to burn their food?"

i've cooked a few times, but my mom helped me so it was fine.

she looks like the type, though. i say her also because i think it'll get a kick out of her. "you've probably never even been in a kitchen that long to took cook something!"

"and you have?!" she starts nodding aggressively and adjusts herself on the seat. "me enseñas un día?" i ask as if this isn't another excuse to spend time with her.

maybe even actually skip work.

"ahí miramos." she shrugs it off as a joke. "who is most likely to get cold feet on their wedding day?"

wedding day? sarah really thought future wise. we both hum because we think it through before we turn it around and get different answers. she said me while i said her. "i would never. especially if i knew the bride would be you,"

she lifts her eyebrows in surprise but i meant what i said. "sabes porqué?" i ask and she allows me to continue, "porque solo te quiero a ti."

her face is a light shade of pink.

i love nothing more than to see her flushed like this. "and neither would i."

she reassures me and i only smile at her before picking her hand up for the knuckle kisses she mentioned she really liked. "who is most likely to complain about things?" from behind the camera, sarah is mouthing "sorry" even though i had totally forgotten we were here, y/n probably did too.

"you complain more than anyone i know."

"wow after i told you how much i adored you?!" she nods her head and i shake mine, trying to act all disappointed. "who is most likely to dress well?"

from under her breath, y/n whispered to herself "easy," and flipped it with no hesitation only to see her name. "so you're calling my style bad? i see exactly how it is."

"i never even said that, you're just making these things up!"

"look who's complaining now." she snake eyes me which means i should probably stop. "i really like your style, but, let's be real."

i'll give her that, i guess.

"and the last one, who is most likely get the barça crest tattooed?"

honestly, i don't know how to feel about tattoos. i can't see myself getting one so i put her down. "oh i said you." she tells me after looking at my response. "i don't even know if i'm a tattoo guy."

"hm, i'd definitely get one. maybe not the crest but something just as good."

understandable.

y/n has to close out the video by telling everyone thank you for watching and everything before sarah claps and the little red flash that came from the camera turns off. "that was great. thank you guys so much!"

she's definitely lying to us as if we weren't fooling around more than half the time.

it's alright though, i've seen pedri attempt these so i'd say we did pretty good for our first time together. the crew comes and helps us with the mics and we thank them before walking out the room together.

"i've been meaning to ask you something, by the way."

i feel like i'm late to this. "oh yeah? what is it?"

she deserves nothing but the best, and that's all i want to ever give her, i just didn't think it through enough. "we haven't gone on a proper first date,"

her eyes stare into mine, knowing what's coming next.

"so, would you like to go out on a date with me tomorrow night? i was thinking at seven if that's okay with you." a smile slowly grows on her face. "i'd love nothing more."

i don't know if she's noticed it, but i have.

we've used the term love to describe how we feel about things related to us, but never directed towards each other. but tomorrow night, i'll show her nothing but the love i have for her.

many would say it's too early into a relationship.

but the way i look at y/n could never compare to any other feeling. she spark i've had for her feels as though it'll never die down. it's never the same thing with her, i only grow to have a stronger love for her.

thank u to udontknowmequeen for the chapter idea!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 940 38
Lucia Torres, a young, ambitious pro volleyball player meets Pablo Gavi after moving to Barcelona to pursue her dream. Can Lucia handle the pressure...
98.2K 2.5K 62
ā˜† when he's all she wants to be, but she's all he wants to be. fc barcelona's best youngsters, made in la masia; camile santana and pablo gavi p...
106K 1.8K 21
"We're too young to know about forever, means nothing to me. You are my forever." Started: 05/12/22 Finished: 24/1/23
244K 4K 35
āœæ šˆš š–š‡šˆš‚š‡ y/n martinez, daughter of luis enrique (spain's coach), and her family accompany their father to the 2022 world up in qatar and...