My Assistant.

By youRsome1

Clara Lancaster's father hired her a new assistant and she drives Clara crazy. Emelia Cole has been through... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 7

4.5K 170 25
By youRsome1

"You kissed her?" Stacey laughed.

"Yeah I don't know what happened. One minute she was singing the next I was kissing her." I sighed throwing myself on her couch.

After Emelia left the garage I decided to get back into the car and drive to Stacey's.

"Well......... how was it?" She said sitting next to me.

"I don't know...... it was quick. She pushed me away...... said things are complicated." I groaned and closed my eyes trying not to relive the pain of the rejection over again.

"I mean she's right."

"At least I know I can forget about her."

"What do you mean?"

"She clearly doesn't want me Stacey. She pushed me off of her." I opened my eyes to glare at her.

"Maybe she just doesn't want to be a home wrecker......... or maybe she doesn't know how she feels about sleeping with her bosses kid......" she suggested.

I guess that's a possibility............

"I don't care anymore..... I am just gonna worry about my relationship with Eric. God..... what am I gonna tell him."

"Well if the kiss didn't mean anything do you have to tell him?"

"I........ I..... okay. I'm not into girls anyways. I don't know why I'm so worked up about this."

She wrapped her arms around me.

"Because you are confused........Why don't you talk to Emelia about this?"

"You are right. I am sick of running from this woman."

I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. It's almost 6pm. I need to get home. I haven't slept in my own bed in days.

"I'm gonna head out. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

Stacey and I stood up and hugged them I walked out the door.

The black mustang was waiting for me outside and I cringed looking at it. I was so embarrassed that I almost wanted to just leave the car and walk home.

No I can't leave my fathers cars in random places.

I got in and started the engine. The car still kinda smelled like Emelia. I put my head on the steering wheel.

I want to talk to her but what can I say?

I honestly don't know why I kissed her in the first place.

This woman crush is going way too far. Get it together.

I pulled out of Stacey's driveway and drove home.

The first thing I saw was Emelia standing by her Honda. She didn't even look towards my car as I drove by.

Then, on the other side of the car, I saw Jessica Spieth. What was she doing here? Why was she with Emelia? Why was I suddenly so upset by this?

She waved as I drove by.

I pulled the mustang into the garage and walked out to investigate.

"Hello Miss Lancaster!" Jessica spoke first. I eyed Emelia who just nodded at me and my heart quivered for a second.

"Hello Miss Spieth. What brings you here today?"

"Oh Lia had car trouble! So I came over to help her out." Jessica walked around the car and wrapped her arm around Emelias waist.

I felt like ripping her arm off.

Emelia talks to Jessica a lot more than I thought. She didn't tell me about her car trouble and we live together.

I looked at Emelia who still was saying nothing but I could see a little blush on her face.

Was she blushing over Jessicas touch or because I'm here?

"Oh well I'll let you two get back to it! I didn't mean to keep you from your work." I turned to walk away.

"Miss Lancaster?" Her soft beautiful voice came from behind me.

I turned back around and looked at her. Jessica's arm was still around her waist.

"Yes?" I said trying not to sound annoyed.

"I'll be out of the house tonight. Don't forget about that dinner with Mr. Hanson tomorrow." She looked into my eyes studying me.

She's going to be out of the house? I'm assuming she'll be with Jessica.

I nodded my head "I'll be there." I turned around quickly without saying goodbye and walked away.

Something in me snapped at the realization that she'd be with Jessica.

So she really doesn't like me........ and I forced myself on her.

That kiss meant nothing to her. I guess that makes things easier but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

As I walked inside I decided I don't need to talk to Emelia. She just gave me all the answers I needed.

When I got into the kitchen I was just going to eat a bowl of cereal but when I walked in I found my father with some take out.

"Father! I wasn't expecting you till Saturday!" I walked over and hugged him.

"We'll change of plans. I'll be here until Sunday."

"Thats great! I've missed you. How was Colorado." I leaned back and looked in his face.

He looked........ tired? Skinnier maybe. Something was different.

"How did you know I was in Colorado?" His eyes looked a little panicked for a moment.

"Oh... uh.... Mr. Fry said you were there when we met for dinner last night." His eyes softened.

Why did he react like that?

"Oh. Yes. I was there on business."

He let me go and I sat next to him.

"Well I assumed as much. You are a BUSINESSman." I said sarcastically and he laughed.

"Yes yes. Have you had dinner yet? I brought home some burgers."

"I was just gonna have some cereal. What a upgrade!" I laughed and tore into the bag.

I haven't sat in this kitchen with him and had dinner in years. It was actually really nice. We talked about how my meetings have been going and surfing for a while as we are.

"How is Emelia?" I almost choked on my burger.

I didn't really want to talk about her. Especially while she probably out sleeping with Jessica. The thought made me lose my appetite and I put my burger down.

"She's good." I shrugged.

"Has she been helping you? I can get you another assistant if you need." He eyed me. Clearly noticing my reaction. I should probably fix this before he fires her.

"No father. She's great. She's brilliant and really understands how and why you do business."

"Great I'm glad to hear it." He nodded then took his last bite of his food. "I'm gonna head up to my room for the night. Do you need anything?"

"Oh! I almost forgot. Do you have any problems with me going to New York to see Eric next Monday?"

"Actually....... I was going to be in New York on Tuesday for a meeting. This is perfect. Would you mind going to it for me while you are there?"

Ugh I wanted to go to see Eric. Not work.

I opened my mouth to argue but he cut me off.

"I'll let you use the private jet since it's a business trip and I'll get you into Club Lark as a reward after the meeting if you agree."

My father rarely lets me go into the clubs he owns. He says I'm too young for all that "riff raff."

Of course I can go to the one here in LA whenever I want but my father has no clue that they let me in.

"Okay fine! But I'm not gonna like it." I stood up and turned to walk out the door.

"Great!" He smiled "I'll send all the details to Emelia so the two of you can get to the meeting." I froze. Then spun around.

"Emelia is coming?"

"Of course! She's your assistant. I'll let you take the private jet out on Monday then fly her out on Tuesday to meet you at the meeting. I'd like her to be apart of everything relating to you and the business."

I was supposed to go to New York to get away from Emelia..............

"Okay father." I turned and walked out of the kitchen and up to my room.

I could handle a stupid meeting on my own. Emelia does not need to come.

I need this summer to be over fast so I can go to school and she can go back to working for my father. She is complicating my life too much.

I looked out the window and saw that Emelias car was gone. My heart fell for a moment.

I know she's with Jessica right now. I wonder if she'd push her away if they kissed. Maybe they've already kissed. Maybe that's why she pushed me away......

I shook my head to let those thoughts go. It's in the past. It doesn't matter now.

I pulled out my phone to call Eric.

"Hello beautiful." He answered. The back ground was dark but the phone lit up his face. I heard the faint sound of music in the back.

"Hi babe. I miss your face so much."

He laughed "I miss you too."

"I just talked to my father and I'll be in New York City on Monday." I said excitedly.

"Great! I'll meet you there! I can't wait to see you." I heard a loud crash come through the phone and he flinched.

"What was that?"

"Well I'm kinda throwing a party....... I'm hiding in the closet so you could actually hear me."

"Oh. I'll let you go! I'll text you my fathers penthouse address. We can just meet there."

"Eric come play!" I heard a girl say behind him. Something about it made my body freeze.

"Okay babe. Listen they want me to go play.... Uh.... Beer pong. I'll call you later okay?"

"Uh.... Okay.... I love y......."

He hung up before I could finish my sentence.

What the fuck.

He has never hung up without saying I love you.

He has also never given me a reason to doubt his loyalty.

He's having a good time at the party and wanted to get back.

I got into the shower and washed myself off then got into some silk pajamas.

I checked my phone and there was a text from Emelia...

~I just got off the phone with Mr. Lancaster. I'll have your itinerary for New York ready tomorrow by noon.~

~thank you. Will I be seeing you tonight?~

~no. I am with some friends at a party. Did you need something?~

Out with some friends meaning she's probably making out with Jessica.

~No. I'm sorry for bothering you. Hope you and Jessica have a good night.~

I put my phone down and through myself on my bed. Then another text came through.

~Thanks. It's not as fun as your party was though. See you tomorrow Clara.~

What?

What does that mean?

Is she saying she had more fun with me?

Am I over analyzing this once again?

I need to go to bed before my brain explodes.

Why was I more upset about Emelia being with Jessica than I was about my Boyfriend potentially cheating on me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.5K 2K 40
"Will you slap me if I kiss you?" 🦋🐝🦋🐝🦋🐝🦋🐝 (GxG) A thrilling romance that will hopefully keep you hooked to your screen. Give it a try first...
38.3K 3.2K 49
"Just turn around and walk away, sweetheart. I'll be nice and pretend I didn't see you, just for today" With amusement in her tone, Mars gives Amaya...
56.2K 2.1K 65
Twenty year old Alex is trying to finish high school and move out before anyone finds out what she's hiding. The new teacher, with the dark past, is...
251K 10K 47
• English • half/closer - Hilary and Khloe ❝ Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of your own fear, under the sea of your limitation an...