Devils Among Fairies

By Cameodc

In the middle of their battle with Lucifero, a portal opened up beneath Asta and Liebe, sending them to anoth... More

Chapter 1: Beginning
Chapter 2: A New Friend
Chapter 3: A Tale of Ancient Sins
Voting
Chapter 4: Breaking the Ancient Chains
Chapter 5: Meeting Two Fairies
Chapter 6: Resonance
Chapter 7: An Unfortunate First Meeting
Chapter 8: She-devil vs Anti-magic Devil
Chapter 9: Tears for the Devil part 1
Chapter 11: Flame God vs Devil Knight
Chapter 12: Sisters and Brothers
Chapter 13: Two Knights vs Lord of Nature Part 1
Chapter 14: Two Knights vs Lord of Nature Part 2
Chapter 15: Two Knights vs Lord of Nature Part 3
Chapter 16: One Sided Beatdown and Parting
Chapter 17: Bonding Between Two Knights
Chapter 18: The Wizard of Time part 1

Chapter 10: Tears for the Devil part 2

641 29 4
By Cameodc

(Mirajane's p.o.v.)

  I was watching the memories of the Devil, Liebe. And as I did so, I could only feel more and more sorry for him and my heart had broken again and again as I watched him suffer despite him never doing anything wrong. As I saw more of his memories, I began to wonder what it would've been like if I was in his position, if I was born without my brother and sister, if I was tormented for being in the minority and for being even part demon. Due to my past, I understood his pain if only just a little. So even though I was angry that Liebe had hurt Elfman, I couldn't blame him for the way he acted towards him. He had grudge against humans after the unjust treatment they had given him as a child.

Now I was in a red void with the young Devil standing before me as I still had tears in my eyes as the effect of seeing his past still remained. I said as I sobbed, "I'm so sorry. I had no idea you suffered so much through most of your life. After everything you were put through, you have every reason to despise both Devils and Humans. You suffered so much, and I was about to hurt you more. I feel disgusted with myself, I'm no better than the people who scorned me after I defeated that demon." This surprised him greatly and he stayed silent for a moment before asking, "You saw it, didn't you?" I knew what he meant by that and answered, "Yes, though I don't know how it was possible. I'm sorry for sticking my nose in your past." "I'm just surprised that you saw my past while I saw yours." I looked him surprised but still had tears in my eyes. He continued, "The Demon Destroyer Sword has randomly caused this phenomenon to occur in the past, but only the wielder could see into another's past, never both ways." 'So, something similar to this has happened before? That means he knows my past as well.' I thought. There was an awkward silence between us before I decided to ask, "So, you saw my past as well?" "I did, and it pisses me off that your happiness has lasted longer than mine. But I knowing that you faced discrimination similar to what I have, does make me feel some sympathy towards you. So I'm going to let you live." I was surprised to hear him say that and he continued, "I may be a Devil, but I refuse to be the kind of heartless monster the rest of my race are. Lucifero took our mom, if I were to rob your siblings of their elder sister, I'd be no different than him." I smiled at that and I said a tear stained smile, "Thank you, Liebe." He looked at me surprised to hear that I know his name, but it quickly faded as he figured out how I knew it. After that, we ended up in the real world and Liebe's sword had fully slashed through me, but it was still only a flesh wound. Though I knew I wouldn't be moving for a while and I had run out of magic power, causing me to turn back to normal and was about to fall to ground. But Liebe caught me and descended to the ground before gently laying me on the ground. I heard footsteps running towards us and I heard, "Mira!" I saw Lisanna, Liebe's brother, Asta, and the black haired man running towards us.

Lisanna looked worried about me and I couldn't say I blame her, I came out of the fight with the most injuries while Liebe barely even had a scratch on him. They made it to us and my sister saw my injury and looked at Liebe with fury in her eyes. Knowing that she was about to attack him, I said to her, "Lisanna don't." She looked at me like I was crazy and asked, "What? But why? He hurt you so badly and he even hurt Elfman, so why?" I answered, "He's suffered for so long and I was trying to hurt him more. It's true that he hurt me and our brother, but he was hurt far more than either of us, by both his own kind and by humans. He did what he did because he has a deep grudge towards us." Lisanna was confused by this but Liebe's brother and the black haired man were surprised to hear this and quickly figured out what I meant and how I knew what had happened to him. Lisanna asked, "Sis, what are you talking about?" "Let's worry about that later, Zeref can you heal Mira?" What Liebe asked surprised both me and my sister and the black haired man answered him, "Of course." 'Wait Zeref? This man is the legendary Black Wizard? But how is he still alive? He lived 400 years ago.' I thought in shock and disbelief.

  The man now revealed to be Zeref walked up to me and placed his hand above me before saying, "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you. Truth be told, I never wanted to hurt anyone in my life. My curse simply killed everyone I cared about." A blue light radiated from his hand and it began to envelope my wounds. The giant cut that Liebe gave me started to close up gradually, which made me realize that Zeref was using a healing spell on me, something that is rarely seen in this day and age. "You seem surprised that Zeref is able to heal your wounds, why is that?" Asta asked. Lisanna answered, "Because healing spells are rarely seen these days, it's considered Lost Magic." "That's not true where we're from, almost everyone has magic power and there are a lot of people who can use recovery magic. But it's rare for mages to use more than one type of magic, especially attack types that are able to heal." Liebe replied which surprised me and my sister. "By the way, could you tell me how you responded to my attacks earlier? We're not enemies anymore after all." I asked him. While I did see Liebe's memories, I didn't see everything that he experienced. I only saw everything leading up to how he and Asta arrived on Tenrou. "True, we're not enemies, but you and I aren't friends either. Even if we share nearly the same pain, it doesn't mean that I will want to be your friend. I can't just simply start caring about you even though we know each other's stories, my feelings towards the majority of humanity still remain."

He had a point, after everything humans did to him, it's not reasonable for him to simple let go of his hate for humans. Sure, maybe Asta and the Black Wizard Zeref were able to get him to open up, but Asta was his adopted brother, Licita's biological son, so it made sense that Liebe would open up to him. As for Zeref, I wasn't sure but it probably had something to do with the curse he mentioned earlier. If it killed everyone he cared about, he'd probably be forced to live in isolation like Licita had to. Liebe probably opened up to Zeref because his situation was much like the Devil's foster mother. I planned to ask him about that later. For the moment, I had to stay put and rest.

  I chose to ask him a different question that had been on my mind, "I understand that you still can't open up to me, but can you at least tell me what a Five Leaf Clover means to you and your brother?" Liebe sighed and answered, "That I will answer. You know what they say about the leaves of a clover?" I replied, "Yeah, they each represent one thing. In the first three, there's Integrity, Hope, and Love. The fourth leaf holds good luck." "And in the fifth, there lives a Devil." Liebe's remark surprised me and Lisanna. But we couldn't continue our conversation as a voice said from behind us, "This is an unusual sight, a demon gathered with humans." We turned to see a man with long, blonde hair, red eyes, a psychotic grin on his face, and most notably a crest tattooed on his left pectoral.

  "And who the hell are you? An escapee from a mentor hospital?" Liebe asked. "Watch your tongue, you lowly demon. You're talking to Zancrow, one of Grimoire Heart's Seven Kin of Purgatory." The man named Zancrow introduced himself. Asta asked in confusion, "The Seven Kin of Pervert Story?" Everyone chuckled at his question other than Zancrow, who grew angry and shouted, "PURGATORY NOT PERVERT STORY, YOU IDIOT!!!! ARE YOU MOCKING ME?!!" Asta replied, "No, I guess I misheard you. Anyway, what are you doing out here?" "There's not much point in telling you since you're going to die, but I'll give you some closure. My guild, Grimoire Heart, has two objectives on this island: to slaughter all of Fairy Tail's members and to retrieve the Black Wizard Zeref." Zancrow declared. Zeref had finished healing me and stood up to face the dark mage.

  "You're here for me, are you?" Zeref asked, surprising Zancrow who quickly kneeled before him. "Lord Zeref, I finally found you." "Why is it that your guild has been looking for me? For what reason do you need me?" "To bring about the Grand Magic World, my lord. A world where only those with magic will exist, and those without will perish." Zancrow's claim surprised and shocked all of us, including Zeref himself. Lisanna yelled at him, "Are you people insane?! Of all the people in the world, only 10% of the population have magic power. Killing everyone who doesn't is like driving humanity to the brink of extinction. How could you even think about doing something so evil?!!"

  (Asta's p.o.v.)

  'Only a tenth of this world's population has magic power? And these guys want to massacre almost all of humanity for something they weren't born with? And to make it worse, they plan to use our friend to achieve that goal? These guys are even more twisted then the nobles and royals in Clover Kingdom, who think that magic is everything. There's no way in hell I'm going to allow that!!!' I drew Demon Slayer from our grimoire and asked Liebe, "Brother, lend me Demon Dweller? I'm going to put this bastard in the ground." He looked at me and saw the fury in my eyes before giving his sword and saying, "I already had my fight earlier, it's your turn now." I nodded and started advancing towards Zancrow. I said to blonde psychopath, "There is no chance in hell I'm going to let you Devil wannabes have your way. If you want to take Zeref.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
YOU'LL HAVE TO TAKE ME DOWN FIRST!!!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 4.8K 26
*Next Gen* A young girl travels through Magnolia on her own with only another young boy to keep her company. But what happens when they meet Fairy Ta...
13.8K 387 23
After saving Yami and Vegeance with Infinity Slash.Asta get teleported to Fairy tail universe thanks to one of the enemy Spital Magic. A/N:This is be...
108K 2.9K 37
What if when acnologia attacked fairy tail and they got trapped on the island one of the members got off the island? Lucy Heartfeila was thrown off t...
31.3K 1.1K 23
After their escape from the Soul Society, and their uneasy understanding with the Soul Reapers, Mikoto and the rest of Fairy Tail come back to find t...