Falling For Ones Wicked Step...

By xxWhoAteMyCookiexx

Mika's mother is now happily remarried to a man she loves. Mika's happy for her but there's only one problem... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Full story coming out soon! Re-titled: Dedicated To Romance

Chapter 2

134K 1.9K 210
By xxWhoAteMyCookiexx

Cookie: Hey readers, welcome to my short story. Sorry that its so fast paced. When I wrote it centuries ago I meant it to be a quick short read of Mika and Adrian's relationship. >.< Thanks!

Ps: If youre coming back to read this you'l notice that I changed the title >.<

VOTE! COMMENT! La de dah!

-------------------

"I-I'll go do your homework now," I squeaked, dodging pass him. I didn't even bother to look if he followed me. I grabbed my backpack, took out his work, and sat in the front room where I knew he wanted me.

Look, I know you're probably thinking, "what the heck? Why are you so afraid of one guy?"

Yeah, except Adrian wasn't your ordinary guy. He was a devious little devil. No matter how hard I tried to reveal how evil he really was, I'm the one who ends up looking bad. I swear he had counter attackes made for my plans before I make them. He was that good.

Don't worry, I haven't given up yet. Sooner or later, Adrian was going to slip and make a mistake. When he does, I'll be there to crush him and pick up the pieces.

Mwahahahahahahaha!

"What are you smirking about?" Adrian sat on the couch across from me.

I tried not to meet his eyes. "Nothing, nothing."

"Where were you going?"

I shifted uneasily on my seat. I didn't like it when he looked at me. It was so damn unnerving. "Nowhere."

"Mika."

"I was just going to go with some friends, that's all."

"Hmm," he took the magazine from the table that keeping us apart. Like he had no care in the world, he opened it and began to read.

I glared at him under my lashes.

Look at him, looking all smug. If I knew I could get away with it, I would have smashed the lamp that was next to me on his head. But of course I didn't. He would have been on me like white on rice. I had to settle for my imagination and boy did I imagine myself slapping that pretty face of his.

My gaze landed on his half exposed chest. He was wearing a shirt but why did he have to leave it half unbottoned? For a guy, he sure did have a nice creamy complextion. Of course that only made my grudge bigger.

My eyes traveled to his face.

He was good-looking, in a pretty boy way. His lashes were long and his hair was dark as night. He had a pleasant bone structure, one that you'd only find in exotic models. Yeah, he looked like a model. If he wasn't such an evil guy I would probably like him...

Whoa, I shook my head. Where the heck were my thoughts going? Adrian was bad news plus, he was my step-brother. I shouldn't even be thinking about him in that way. Yet, I couldn't help studying him some more. With his face relaxed like that, he looked...well...nice.

The phone rang and I jumped. Without a word I stood and answered the phone in the kitchen. It was my friend, Rick.

"Hey, why aren't you here?"

I peaked in the living room. Adrian was still calmly reading. "I can't come."

"What? What do you mean you can't come?"

"I just can't okay?"

"Mika, we've been waiting for you for over an hour, you could at least tell me why."

I sighed. Rick wasn't making this easy. "I'm...busy."

"It's Saturday," Rick pointed out.

"I know but I can't go. I'll just have to come with you guys next time."

Rick sighed. "Alright. It's too bad."

"Why?"

"Cause I was going to ask you something today."

I blushed. Okay, to me Rick was more than a friend. I've liked him since freshman year and now that we're seniors, my feelings haven't changed. "What were you going to ask me?"

I heard him chuckle. "I'll ask you next time, babe."

I nearly swooned. I loved it when he called me babe. Rick was definitely going to ask me to be his girlfriend. Finally! I was so excited that I felt like tap dancing.

"Alright, I'll see you at school."

"Okay," I smiled. "Bye, Rick."

"Bye, honey."

I sighed dreamily and hung up. Rick...after all these years of chasing him, he was finally going to ask me out. Oh happy day!

I clapped my hands giddily and turned. A small scream escaped my lips when I realized that Adrian had been standing behind me the whole time.

"Who was that?"

I blinked. "Um, my friend."

"Rick?"

I nodded.

He didn't look pleased. "Why were you smiling like an idiot?"

Leave it to Adrian to suck all my happiness away.

"Nothing."

He crossed his arms and leaned against the counter behind him. "I don't like him."

"So?"

Adrian shrugged. "You like him, though."

I didn't deny it.

"He's a total player, you know that don't you?"

I glared at him, becoming angry. How dare he? "Look, you can pick on me all you like but don't mess with my friends."

"Rick only wants one thing from the girl he's dating," Adrian continued. "I'm sure you're not dumb enough to not know what that is."

"Stop bad mouthing him."

"Or what?" He smiled slowly.

I just stared at him. I knew that Adrian didn't like Rick but what was his reason? Rick has never done anything to him. Instead of arguing, I walked out the kitchen and sat back down on the couch. Adrian followed me and to my remorse, he sat right next to me.
I ignored him, which was hard to do seeing as he kept staring at me.

"Did he ask you out?"

"That's none of your business."

"Oh?"

"Yes, oh."

"I'm your brother, of course its my business."

I glared at him. "Excuse me, but you're only my step-brother, no blood relation what so ever. In my book, you have no business with my love life or anything in my life for that matter."

Adrian grabbed my hand and forced me to look at him. "Rick will only mess with you. Why are you being so stupid."

"Why do you care so much?" I snatched my hand back and stood. "Stay out of it."

He stood, towering over me. "I don't think I will."

I threw up my hands in frustration. "Adrian, what do you want from me? I do everything that you ask already, can't you at least leave me alone when it comes to my friends?"

"Don't give me that crap," he said angrily. "You want to be more than 'just friends' with him and you know it."

"So what!"

"I don't approve."

I rolled my eyes. "So what? You expect me to bowdown and kiss your ass? I don't think so." Why was he making such a big deal about this?

His chocolate brown eyes darkened with anger. "Like I said, you'll only get yourself hurt."

"Oh, now you care about my feelings?"

"Don't argue with me about this, Mika."

"You don't know anything about, Rick."

"I know more than you know."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"I want you to stay away from him."

I gapped at him. Was this guy for real?

"I mean it, Mika."

"You know what," I stepped back. "Screw you, I'm sick of it. I tried to get along with you but with every step, you were a jackass. Why can't you treat me better? Like a sister?"

"We're not blood related, as you pointed out earlier."

"Well," I shook my head. "Why can't you be nice? We're stuck together whether we like it or not." I turned to storm up into my room but he grabbed my arm and slammed me against him.

The next thing that happened shocked me to my core.

Adrian, my annoying, devious, cunning, minipulative step-brother, whom I was becoming to hate with every second...kissed me.

And it was no brotherly kiss, I'll tell you that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 1K 27
F/n and Levi Ackerman was childhood friend, but then they began to hate each other. One day your dad and mom decided to live together after they fell...
48K 1.1K 28
Kaya. So simple. My big brother is different. Well but, we're twins. Kasanoda, scary guy? No, well sometimes. Our eyes separate us a lot. Do I fear a...
999 175 24
Life and Death was never far apart, I always knew. That's why I needed one, I needed a demon to help avenge my siblings, grant them vengence. That's...
56 0 33
Have you ever wonder what it would be like to be in a world were vampires rule. We're your family is dad except for your brother your not related to...