Powerful || Stranger Things

By dmpng_my_fllgs

"That doesn't seem fair." Naomi Roselle Scott found herself standing in the middle of the town that she loat... More

Disclaimer + Cast
Act I
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
ACT II
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
NAOMI
NAVEEN
ACT III
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 27

867 31 5
By dmpng_my_fllgs

"I get drunk pretend that I'm over it,
Self destruct show up like an idiot,
Why, oh, why, does god keep bringing me back to you?"

- everytime, Ariana Grande

-*-

"EVERYBODY, CLASS DISMISSED. Enjoy your winter break." Naomi's English teacher greeted them happily which everyone returned with the same enthusiasm.

Naomi quickly changed her clothes into a more comfortable one, she doesn't have any cheerleader uniform yet. She checked her wristwatch just to see it was almost five thirty.

She ran to the gymnasium. Apologizing to the people that she bumped on the way. Once she was in front of the door of the gym, she stopped in her tracks and tried catching her breath.

She opened the door, entered and waved back to the cheerleaders who waved at her. She walked towards the bleachers, placed her bag with the others. Samantha looked at her direction after she saw the other cheerleaders got distracted.

"You're late." She said, grabbing some tape measure and walked towards her.

"I'm actually right on time." She explained. Looking at the approaching captain.

"We finished warming up, you're late." She said with finality, "arms up." She ordered.

Naomi immediately raised her arms, letting the captain measure her waist. Next was her arms, hip, and chest.

Once it was finish, Samantha stood up straight and grabbed a notebook from her pocket and wrote something down, most likely her measures.

"The practice will still continue with the same schedule even with the winter break taking place. We can't let ourselves be laid back especially when the Cheer Con is right around the corner." She said, shutting her small notebook and placed it inside her bag with the measure tape.

"Cheer Con?" Naomi asked, her brows furrowed in confusion. Samantha looked at her, bewildered.

"Are you serious?" She asked.

"I'll explain it to her." Chrissy entered the conversation, suddenly appearing beside her. Samantha nodded.

"Okay. Explain it to her properly. We can't let ourselves lose this time. We can't let her drag us down." She said, looking at Naomi up and down with distaste before walking towards the group.

"Alright ladies, we'll start practicing those turns." She clapped, shouting her orders to the other girls, which they immediately followed.

"Sorry about that." Chrissy apologized. Naomi looked at her and smiled.

"Oh, it's nothing. So, Cheer Con?" She asked, not letting Samantha's comment bother her. She have a lot of time to soften the cheerleader captain.

"Cheer Con happened every school year. It was organized for cheerleaders to compete from different schools, representing their schools." She explained, "Hawkins High was first place last year, like our place in other previous years. Our rivals, from Illinois High School, was always the champion. Samantha wanted to change that. Like every Hawkins High Cheerleader Captain."

"Illinois High School?" That is Naveen's school.

"Yeah. Oh, you were from Illinois before, right?" Chrissy asked which Naomi answered with a nod. "Hope you won't crash with anyone you knew from there. It'll be super awkward." She said.

"Trust me, I don't know anyone from Illinois High School. I was... homeschooled." She answered, "Well, except from my twin brother." She said, Chrissy's eyes went wide in shock.

"Twin brother?" She asked. Naomi chuckled and nod.

"Wow, I haven't met any twins before. Also, you have a twin?" She asked.

"Yeah, but let's keep that a secret, yeah?" She said.

"Of course. It's not my situation to tell." Chrissy said.

"Chrissy!" Samantha called, "done explaining?" She asked, her hands on her waist while annoyance was placed on her face.

"Yeah!" Chrissy answered back. "We better get back."

Naomi nodded in agreement before jogged her way to the other girls.

-*-
"MY, was that tough."

Naomi plopped herself on her car's driver seat. Sighing before leaning her head on the headrest and closed her eyes. Her body aching.

She flinched and hissed after hearing knocks on her car window. She looked at it just to be met by the face of the cheerleader captain, Samantha.

While massaging her aching shoulders, she rolled down her car window.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Just to remind you, the uniform is free. Our expenses is handled by the school." She said before tapping her car door and left.

"O...kay?" She said. She looked at her by letting her head out of the window.

"Alright. Thank you!" She shouted before seating properly and rolled her window up. She went back to resting her body and closed her eyes.

After minutes of resting, she started her engine and drove home. Once she reached her house, she begrudgingly walked towards her front door and, again, plopped on her sofa.

She doesn't have any school tomorrow. She have a lot of homeworks though, but she have three weeks to finish those.

The winter break didn't even start yet but she already knew that it's gonna be a very productive break. With homeworks and practice for cheerleading, she hoped that she can have at least a time for herself.

She stood up with a groan. She entered her room and threw her things on her bed. She took some clothes on her drawers and went straight in the bathroom.

She opened the tap of the bathtub and used her red force to make the water flow faster until the bathtub is full. She groaned as she lift her hands and went naked.

She immediately went inside and sighed in relief. She enjoyed the way the water engulfed her whole being. Her body slowly accepted the tiredness and let herself rest, her eyelids started getting heavy and the next thing she knew, the darkness swallowed her.

-*-

She opened the door of the bathroom, getting out. She let herself dry using her red force. After that, she wore her favorite nightwear and plopped to the bed with a groan.

She stayed inside the tub for hours. It was past midnight, she just remembered that she didn't ate any dinner, but she was too tired and sleepy to stand up.

-*-

She stood up with a groan and immediately went inside the bathroom to do her business. After that, she washed her hands then her face. She looked at herself. She looked tired, but tired from all the activities that she enjoyed.

Unknowingly, she smiled at the irony. She went out of the bathroom and went straight to the kitchen. She made herself some cereals and coffee.

She ate in silence. She didn't know what she's gonna do for the whole day. She can't just wait until her practice starts. She'll die out of boredom.

After staring in her beige walls for a while, she decided to be productive and take a walk around town.

She put her dishes away and changed her night wear into something decent. She grabbed her coat, some beanie, and a pair of black boots.

She walked out of her home. She shivered as the cold december wind hit her. She walked towards her porch and looked around.

The snow started, explains why the wind became twice as chilly unlike before. She started her walk, since it was already ten in the morning, a lot of people have been walking and doing their own business. Some even greeted her, people she met while grocery shopping or taking a walk around town.

"Good Morning, sweetie!"

"Good Morning, Mrs. Gray!" Naomi greeted with the same enthusiasm.

She continued her walk, until she met someone who was busy tugging his bike in the pile of snow, it seems stuck. She squinted her eyes just to see it was Will Byers.

"Want some help?" She voiced out when she was near. Will flinched but immediately calmed down when he was met with the face of Naomi Scott.

"Oh, yes, please." He answered politely. Naomi turned her head sideways, looking at her surroundings. She opened her closed fist, red force forming in her palms.

Will's bike was forced out as she pulled it away on the dried ice. Will eyed everything in awe, her powers were really magnificent. His friends' story telling didn't give it any justice.

"Thank you, Ms. Scott." He said. Naomi's eyebrows went up and she smiled.

"Just Naomi. Naomi's fine." She said, "so...where are you going?" She asked as she watched Will getting on his bike.

"To my friend Mike's house. We have a game happening in an hour." He answered.

"Do you mind if I tag along?" She asked.

"No, I don't mind. You can come along." Will smiled politely. He then started his bike, driving it slow, since the ground was filled with snow, Naomi following him easily.

"What game are you playing?" She started. She wanted to know him personally. Since she only knew him as Dustin's friend, she wanted to know the boy herself.

Since she only knew Will as a survivor. He was young, but he fought bravely.

"It's a game our group has been playing for years. It's called DND." He smiled. He seems very excited about it.

"Oh, right. I heard about it from Dustin. Was it really fun?" She asked.

"Yeah, it is." He said, happily.

"Tell me about it." Naomi encouraged. Will beamed and started talking about DND. He was busy talking about it, that he failed to realize the way the snow on the ground lessened, making it easier for him to pedal.

"We have to win every quest to win." He finished. Smile gracing on his lips. It was rare to see someone very interested about hearing DND. The game was mostly called as childish and a waste of time.

"Was it easy winning it?" Naomi asked, genuinely curious.

"It depends on the quest, there are some quest that really requires to use your brain and sacrifice something. If the dice didn't roll well, it'll be too bad for the team." He answered.

"That sounds really interesting." She said, nodding her head.

They were really into the conversation that they failed to realize the time. They conversed for twenty minutes straight, Naomi didn't even realize the time. The next thing she knew, they were standing in front of the Wheeler's household, still conversing.

Karen Wheeler heard them from the inside and walked towards the door and opened it, making the two flinch.

"Will, sweetie." She looked at Naomi and smiled, "hello sweetie, who might you be?" The Wheeler matriarch asked.

"Hello, Mrs. Wheeler. My name's Naomi Scott." She introduced herself.

"Hello sweetie, would you like to come in?" She invited Naomi inside. Will walked inside and waited for her.

"Oh, that's alright. I was just here to accompany Will." She said.

"Okay then, sweetie." Karen smiled at her. Naomi waved at Will as a goodbye with a smile, which he returned.

"Bye, Will. It was nice talking to you. It was nice meeting you, Mrs. Wheeler." She said politely.

"Bye, Naomi."

"It was nice meeting you too, sweetie."

With a lot of goodbyes, Naomi finally continued her walk towards...anywhere. She doesn't really have any destination.

After she decided that the walk was enough, she turned around and walked home. With a lot of humming, she distracted herself with looking at the amazing trees. It was big and old yet very healthy. It looks like it was standing there for decades.

She smiled as she inhaled the amazing air. She was walking on the sidewalks, when she saw Steve walking out in a restaurant.

"Steve!" She called. Steve turned his head. His frown immediately turned into a smile.

"Hey." He answered.

"What's with a frown?" She asked once she was close enough.

"Looking for a job this winter break." He shrugged.

"Job?" She asked, in disbelief.

"Yeah, a job. I know, it sounds unreal but I need to get busy and productive this winter break. I think I'm getting a lot of calories because of sitting around all day." He explained. It was true. He feels like he was losing his charms on women.
"Well, I might know where."

-*-
EDITED

Author's Note,

Quick favor, but can you guys like follow me (this is mainly for my ego), but this is also for main announcements in the future.

Question, how do you like Naomi's life so far?

I have run out of ideas and scenes to complete Naomi's school year (except on the twist that I said last chapter), nothing entered my mind. If you have something, any idea, about Naomi's life that you want to read, you can have leave some suggestions in the comment section and i'll make sure to leave some credit.

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196 12 5
"Come on, Stevey. When are you going to open your eyes and see that she doesn't want you?" "I wasn't talking abou...
394 10 12
2 girls escaped that night, not knowing each other but needing each other to survive... will they? Stranger things x oc story! Season 1: writing curr...
1.6K 124 29
In which: Everything was going good for you and your friends, you realize that everything would change sooner or later. now you have to protect your...
169K 3.3K 60
After being thrown into the world of the Upside Down, Gwen Henderson now has to deal with something even more sinister. All while being forced to wor...