Jay Kelso x reader

By reader-126

This is a Jay x Y/n story based off the plot of season 1 in that 90s show. You are Leia's twin sister and are... More

-DISCLAIMERS-

That '90s Pilot

175 2 0
By reader-126

The drive to my grandparents house is always so long. I'm pretty sure that's why we rarely visit, also with my parents, and my own, busy schedules, I'm surprised all of us made it for the Fourth of July. My dad loads out of the car right away and my twin sister Leia follows right behind with her bag. Meanwhile I help my mom carry all the bags of our family since my dad and sister 'forgot' to help her.

"Y/n! You've grown so much as well!" Grandma Kitty rushes to hug me once she sees me.

"So Liea, I hear you got your mom's jump shot
and your dad's last name." Grandpa Red smirks and his dog at dad.

"I'm gonna take a bathroom break." Leia says akwardly since she can't take a compliment.

"Hey, hey, hey. Just be careful with the faucets.
The water comes out, like, scalding hot." Dad warns like he's fallen victim to the hot water many, many times.

"It's a normal temperature, Eric. You've just got that sensitive baby skin." Grandpa comments at dad.

"You know, I am so excited about this Fourth of July weekend." Grandma tries to change the subject, "We are gonna grill weenies,
watch the fireworks... I even rented The Little Mermaid."

"Oh. Thanks, Mom, but they're not really into that anymore." Dad sounds almost disappointed with us maturing but I decide to butt in myself.

"Your little mermaids... got they're periods." I manage to joke with a giggle earning a smirk from dad.

"God, Eric! Look what you're teaching this poor girl!" Grandpa says finally giving me a welcome help that seemed to turn into a protective hug.

I wiggle out of grandpas grip and carry my sister and it's bags up to the room we're sharing for the day we're here. She comes in while I'm unpacking and quickly picks up her basketball.

"I'm gonna go shoot." She says looking at me as if she wants me to join.

"I'll sit out in the sun and tan, but no way am I shooting with you again." I quickly respond before changing into my strapless swim suit and jean shorts. We walk downstairs as dad is talking about his promotion at the university.

"Hey, I'm gonna go shoot some hoops." Leia says walking into the room with me behind her.

"I'm going out with her to tan" I say putting my shades down.

"Hey, Leia, tell your grandparents what we're doing this summer." Dads says super excitedly.

"Oh, we're going to..." Leia starts responding but dad gets so antsy he cuts her off.

"We're going to Huntsville, Alabama, for a little father-daughter Space Camp." Right now dad looks like a fan girl talking about her celebrity. He is quite literally jumping up and down like a little girl. I quickly roll my eyes at his excitement though. He never invites me to those camps and stuff Leia and him go on. I guess I'm not nerdy enough for him? I'm not sure but I would give anything to be invited on one of those trips just to be able to spend time with dad and feel like he actually knows I exist.

"Just the two of us... for two weeks." Leia says sarcastically.

"Houston, permission to have fun, over." Dad acts as if he's speaking into a walkie talkie, "Houston, do you read me, over?"

-"Permission granted." Leia hesitantly responds.

"Yeah! But you... you didn't say "over.""

"And with that we are going now. Bye!" I quickly usher Leia outside before she gets too mad with dad.

For a bit Leia shoots around and we make small talk but then we hear someone singing. I'm way to lazy to check it out so Leia did and didn't come back for a while. The sun eventually goes down and I am one day closer to going back home.

~~~~
I decided I wanted to start repacking my clothes early this morning so that we can leave as soon as possible. I mean I have friends, activities, and work I need to get back to. I don't have time to dally about in a small town in Wisconsin. I come downstairs to Leia and my dad arguing about some stupid girl he doesn't know or whatever. I don't really care to be honest. All I heard is that she has to be back by fireworks.

My grandma had to go to the mall to run some errands so I decided to go with her. I strolled around for a while and chatted with a couple different people there was a couple cute boys here but nothing worth remembering to be honest.
~~~
By the time fireworks happened Leia had still not been back yet. Dad was very angry and mom was a little too. Finally Leia pulled up with a cup of beer and told us she was drinking on the water tower. Like seriously is that all there is to do. We can do that in Chicago.
This is basically how the whole fight went:

And I had a great time and I don't want it to end. So I know you're not gonna like me saying this, but... I want to stay in Point Place for the summer. This is my life, and I'm done letting it suck.

Leia.

Yeah, go. Just unload, baby. Both barrels. Go.

That took courage. I'm impressed.

What?!

Th-This is a ridiculous idea.

Leia.

Mom, just go, preach.

You are welcome to stay here if that's what you want.

Oh my God! What's happening?

Kitty. I guess that's what we want.

Dad, you guys always talk about the amazing times
you had with your friends. I want that. I want amazing.

Listen, pal. In the space of one day, you've gotten pierced, you've gotten beer, and you've gotten extremely snippy. You've turned into someone
that I don't know anymore. So no. You know what? You can forget it.

I knew you were gonna be like this. I'm not getting in that car tomorrow! You can't make me!

Oh, you're getting in that car or my foot is getting in your ass!

Then grandpa said he was proud of whatever. All I know is that Leia can stay here. If she's actually made friends for once I think it's best for her. She'll have lots of fun and the three of us can go back and I can get time with dad. Maybe he'll finally see me instead of just Leia.

Mom and dad go outside to talk things out while I stay and chat with grandma and grandpa.

"So you do you also wanna stay with us?" Grandma asks sounding hopeful.

"Sorry grandma but I just wanna go home to my friends." I'm scared to disappoint her with my answer but she assumes me it's no big deal  and that she understands. We make some more small talk until dad comes out with Leia. Well Leia is staying here I guess, but Y/n had to stay also to watch over her.

"What?! I never agreed to this! I wanna go home to my friends." I quickly argue.

"Please Y/n! This will be so much fun for us. And don't you want me to keep the only friends I've ever made by myself?" Leia begs me. Dad gives me a look that makes me feel like I no longer have a choice so I agree and every is happy. Well almost everyone.
~~~
Mom and dad said good bye in the morning and I didn't really feel like talking since I'm still mad I have to stay here. So I just listened to dad say by to Leia.

Bye, Mom.

Don't worry. We're gonna have fun.

You ever cleaned an oven?

Good luck.

And one more thing, Leia. This one's... really important. With your new friends, I want you to hang out in Grandpa's basement as much as possible.

No. Uh-uh. No way.

It is the safest place for her.

That's right, Mom. That's so right.

Nicely played, son.

I learned from the best.

Nobody likes an ass-kisser.

I love you too, Dad.

Mom and dad left and I quickly hid in my room. Leia tried to get me to meet her friend but I really don't want to. Then grandma told me I either have to meet Leila's new friends or become my grandpas newspaper reader. I quickly chose Leia. So we all went to the lake together where I learned their names and personalities. They actually aren't that bad but I still prefer my own friends.

Okay, kids, the basement is all yours.

Lights on, shirts on, and no dancing.

No dancing. You're like the guy from Footloose.

No dancing, you guys.

Babe, you can fit three of your basements
in this basement.

That sounds like a lot of work, Nik.

Let's just use this basement.

Don't you love all this old furniture?

Yeah, all we need are some throw pillows
and a tetanus shot.

Mrs. Forman, your home is so warm
and inviting. I mean, I can't wait to spend
all summer inside of it.

What is wrong with you?

Anyway... Okay. Now, if you kids get bored, I found
some old records and games of your dad's, and a few magazines that I don't think he wanted me to see, but I got rid of them. They were all redheads. He sure has a type! Anyhoo, you guys have fun.

Whoa, this must be from a Nintendo Zero.

No way.

Your grandma just hooked us up.

Grandma did indeed hook us up. There be hold a bad of weed in the hands of 7 teens. Of course Leia had no clue what if was but this was the first time I think this summer might actually be interesting.

"I'm in!" I say and everyone else agrees.

"Totally, But seriously, what is it?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 5.8K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
615K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
249K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...