Lean on Me

By Evangeline_ST

*Cover made by DarkRose-Chan* Kaminari x Reader Her quirk allows her to create her enemies worst fears, in ot... More

Lean on Me
Prologue

Chapter 1

6 0 0
By Evangeline_ST

The rest of the day was a blur. Long and boring like normal school. Except for the fact that there is now hero training involved. I had already gone back to the dorms and changed out of my school uniform. Now I'm just meeting up with Mina. She texted me saying her dorm was on the fourth floor, just a floor above me.

The elevator stops at her floor and I get off, heading all the way down the girls side to Mina's door. Honestly I'm really nervous to meet her friends. These are the people she's been around for the past year. Will any of us get along... or will I be sticking idly by in the background? Mina always made a point to make sure her friends and I get along, but when she was gone I was nothing more than a stranger. What if Mina doesn't want me as a friend anymore? Is she just pretending?

All of my thoughts were put aside as I knocked on her door. I held my breath waiting for her to answer. It takes a moment, but the door clicks and she pops out. "Hey, (n/n)!" Mina waves. She sure looks excited and is radiant as always.

"Hey Mina." I give her a small nervous wave.

"Come in!" she motions for me to follow her into her room.

I come in and look around, seeing it's very pink. 'It's just like Mina,' I smile.

"Alright, don't freak out when you meet my friends later," she tells me as she sits at her vanity and puts on some mascara.

"Why would I?" I chuckle and take a seat on her bed.

"(N/n), they're a bunch of weirdos." She looks at me now with a serious look on her face.

"Well, you're not so different yourself!" I laugh as I toss a pillow in her direction. Not at her because I don't want to mess up whatever makeup she's doing.

"Hey!" Mina giggles and throws the pillow back at me. "Watch out for the makeup!"

"Oops, my bad," I say with sarcasm written all over me.

"So mean!" She then turns back to her mirror to finish. "Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't be nervous."

"I'm not!" I defensively tell her as I pick up the pillow.

"Right, I totally believe you." She doesn't believe me. Mina knows me way too well sometimes. I sigh and she starts packing up her makeup. "We should head out. The boys will be meeting us downstairs."

Nodding my head we both exit the room and make our way to the first floor. Of course I was nervous, but Mina told me not to be. Ughhh, I wish I could run away. I hate this... Suddenly I felt her hand grab mine. Smiling, I just follow her lead. My heart rate slows down and my racing thoughts halt. How she can manage to calm me down, I'll never know.

Before I know it, we enter the common room. Mina leads me over to a group of boys from our class. "Hey guys!" she greets.

"Hey."

"Sup."

"I want to introduce you guys to my friend from middle school! Her name is (y/n) (l/n), and be nice. I'm talking to you Bakugo." Mina put her hands on her hips, talking sternly to the boy.

"Psht, whatever," the blond looks away.

"That's Katsuki Bakugo." She points at him and smiles at me. I wave at him... and I was ignored.

"That is Eijiro Kirishima."

"Oh, from middle school?" I question.

"The one and only! What's up?" Kirishima grins.

"Hey, did you dye-"

"And next we have Sero Hanta," Mina exclaims.

"Hey," he replied.

"We're missing one more. Ugh, is Denki late again?" Mina rolls her eyes.

"Whatcha talking about? I'm right here," a blond states as he steps off the elevator.

"About time! I was introducing everyone to my friend here," she explains and drops my hand, which suddenly felt cold.

"And a very hot one at that," he flirts. I felt my face heat up at the comment.

Mina hits the back up his head and yells, "She's off limits!"

"Hey! I was only poking a little fun," Kaminari whines and rubs the back of his head.

"So this is Denki Kaminari," she puts one hand on her hip and the other motioning to Kaminari. Her expression looks bored as she adds, "He's a huge flirt. Ignore any comment he makes."

I nod my head and wave my hand shyly again, "Hey."

"And this is (y/n) (l/n)," Mina says to Kaminari and puts her arms down.

"Now that everyone's been acquainted, let's head to the mall," Hanta points his thumb to the exit.

All agree and so we started on our way.

🫥🫥🫥

"(N/n), doesn't this shirt look cute?" Mina enthusiastically asks me as she holds a shirt up.

We were now at the mall and had gone into a clothing store. They had a bunch of shirts from bands, games, animes, and famous heroes. Some had no print, but some type of stripe. There were also jeans and skirts. Extra stuff too like jewelry, pins, bags, and wallets. "Yeah, you should get it," I encourage.

"I don't know. I mean, the stuff here is kinda expensive." Mina now holds the shirt in front of her and looks at it.

"If you want it, you should get it," I tell her.

"Mmm okay," she sounds a little unsure still. Like she doesn't quite know, but she was so happy about it a moment ago. The pinkette then folds the shirt over her arm and looks at more shirts.

I follow her over to the jewelry, watching her for a moment as she looks at them. Glancing over at the hero shirts nearby, I decide to take a look at them. It's highly doubtful, but I wonder if they have my favorite hero. As I take a moment to asses the shirts, I hear someone walk next to me.

"Who's your favorite hero?"

"Not any of these guys," I mutter borely and go back to the jewelry with Mina.

"Mine is All Might!" Kaminari proudly proclaims, pointing a thumb at himself.

"Isn't everybody's?" I dully inquire as I roll my eyes. Looking at a set of earrings before deciding to put them back.

"Well, who's yours?" he questions once more. Kaminari now starts looking at some jewelry himself.

"Hers is Mr. Aizawa!" I hear Mina say. Facing her, I see a bright smile on her face as she holds a set of necklaces.

"Really? I mean he's cool and all, but why Mr. Aizawa?" he scrunches his face and turns his head a little.

I sigh and silently curse Mina in my head. People always react weird when I say a no name pro hero. "Wouldn't you like know." I give him a sly grin.

"Aww come on," he complains. "Can you tell me Mina?"

Mina giggles and stands next to me. "(N/n), look what I found! Aren't they just adorable?" She shows me a necklace of an alien and a mushroom with a face, both with knives in their hands.

"Oh my god, Mina! We have to get them," I laugh.

"I know right?"

"I'm still right here guys," Kaminari voiced, scratching his head a little.

Mina glances at him and gives him the peace sign, then we both head to the register. She pays for her shirt and I pay for the necklaces. We both immediately put them on. I took the mushroom while Mina took the alien. "Best purchase ever."

"Now everyone will know we're besties," she squeezes my arm with both of her arms and shakes me back and forth. I give her a small smile.

"Is everyone finished? Katsuki's getting hungry," Kirishima tells us as he points a thumb to his platinum blond friend behind him.

"(N/n) and I just finished," Mina answered.

"Yeah, we're done too," Kaminari replies, walking up to us with Hanta.

"Then let's get out of here and we can decide what to eat when we get there." Kirishima leads the way out and we all head over to the food court.

Mina and I stick the back and about halfway there, I notice her slow down. I slow down with her and ask, "Hey, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to you without the others over hearing."Mina lowers her voice. It's not quite a whisper, just loud enough for only her and I to hear.

"What's up?" I match my voice to hers.

"Sorry I didn't say anything to you sooner, but don't mention Eijiro's hair." She holds her hand over her and I's mouths.

I raise my eyebrow. "Why?"

"He's doing his best to change from his middle school self and he asked me not to say anything."

"Yeah, sure. I won't say anything," I promise.

"Thanks, you're the best." Mina now stands up straight and raises her voice to normal volume.

We both quicken our speed a bit to catch up with the others and before long, we got to the food court. It was quite loud and noisy. If we wanted to hear each other we'd probably have to raise our voice a little. Everyone chose from the place they liked best. I decided to stick with whatever Mina was getting as I didn't want to stray too far away from her. Once we got our food we all sat down at a table together.

"Hey, (l/n)?" I hear Kirishima say.

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering how you got into the hero course." Kirishima takes a bite of his food.

"Oh, um. I guess one of the teachers noticed my potential during the sports festival last year," I reply as I too take a bite of my food.

"Do you know which teacher?" Kaminari asks, finished with his food. He got his first.

"Never told me who. About two weeks after the sports festival I was pulled into Principal Nezu's office and he convinced me to join the hero track," I blatantly state.

"Convinced? You mean you didn't want to be a hero?" Sero blurted out in disbelief.

Shit. I said too much.

"Oh, no," I give a nervous laugh and waved my hand in the air. "I just meant that I was unsure because I was scared of accidentally kicking somebody else out of the hero course."

"Oh! How manly of you!" Kirishima cried with eyes closed and his fist up at face level.

"I-it was anything that special." I looked down, now feeling guilty about my lie.

"Shut up, you damn nerds," Bakugo suddenly demands with crossed arms.

"Sorry Bakugo," Kirishima apologizes.

"Well, I'm curious at how they trained you to catch up with us. They did with Shinso, so I'm assuming they trained you too!" Mina was now done with her food and had her arms folded on the table.

"A little. A few times a week Snipe would train me. He taught me a few things like how to handle guns and smoke grenades. One of the big things he taught me was to not rely so much on my quirk as it can only do so much, as proved during the sports festival," I explain. Getting up from my seat, I go to throw away my trash from eating.

Honestly, I'm done with that conversation. I really despise my quirk.

🫥🫥🫥

I stare at the ceiling from my bed, lying awake from my stupid insomnia. Looking at my phone for the hundredth time that night, I look at the time.

3:43am

Ughhh. I desperately need out of here. Not that I can leave the building because I'm not permitted to at this ungodly hour, but I can roam the dorms. Maybe I can go to Mina's dorm.

Hoping she'll let me in, I head up to her room. Back in middle school when my insomnia got really bad, she would let me come over to her house. I don't know if it was the new environment, but I was always able to fall asleep.

Getting off on her floor, I exit the elevator and head down the same hall as I did approximately 12 hours ago. Hesitantly, I knock on her door. There's a bit of shuffling and I hear a loud "thump". I hear some pounding on the floor and the door opens. It's a sleepy Mina.

She rubs the back of her head and brightens upon seeing me. "(N/n)! What are you doing here?"

"I'm having some trouble sleeping," I murmur.

Her face turns sad and motions me to come in and sleep on her bed with her. "Feel free to turn on the tv," she yawns.

I nod and get into her bed, deciding to leave the tv off. It's already enough I'm invading her room. I don't need to bother her with bright light and loud noises. Mina lies down next to me and wraps her arms around me, with my arms too.

Since I can't move my arms to reach my phone and do random stuff on it, my mind just wanders. Today was interesting. I acquainted myself with some people I didn't see myself talking to. It was really fun and I enjoyed myself, but... I can't help but to wonder... how long will all this last? Will someone eventually find something they dislike about me and they all leave? Would Mina leave? I was always so scared that Mina would one day decide to not be my friend anymore. That she would find people she liked better than me. After we both got into UA and she got into the hero course, I thought she had forgotten about me. Well, I guess I was wrong since I'm in Mina's room at the moment. It just scares me.

"Watcha thinking about?" Mina sounds so tired.

"Go back to sleep," I utter.

"I can't when your hearts beating so fast, so just tell me," she insists.

"Mm... just scared," I gave in.

"About what?" she pries.

"People..." my voices trails off. To be honest I'm a little embarrassed to say, 'well I was thinking about how scared I was of you leaving me'. She'll just tell me that it's never going to happen, which helps for a little bit until I get in my head again.

"Be more specific!" She raises her voice a little. The more she talks the more awake she sounds.

"No, I already know what you're gonna say when I tell you."

"And what's that?" Mina inquires.

"That I'm overthinking again."

"If you're thinking about how everyone's going to leave you, I swear I'm gonna push you off this bed," she threatens.

"I'd like to see you try. I'm facing the wall."

"But still!" She argues. "So was I right?"

I stay quiet, not wanting to deny that truth.

She sighs. "Like I said time and time again, I won't ever leave you. I could never leave you, so don't worry about it." Mina says it all so softly and reassuringly. It puts me at ease.

For the rest of the night, neither of us said a word as we slowly drifted to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

965K 36.5K 87
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
682K 33.7K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
258K 8.3K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...