Heavenly Bite

By Kisa_Ona

In a world where people are destined to their other halves, Sylas believes that having no mate will be his gr... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Heavenly Bite

Prologue: Moonlight Shines, The Time Has Come

24 2 0
By Kisa_Ona

One year ago

"Pathetic."

Snarling at his face, I felt my sharp claws extend and curve from my fingers. With one swift move, I shoved my right hand against his chest, earning a pained howl. I watched his face contort with pain before I wrenched back my hand. With a sadistic smile, I crushed his still-beating heart making it fall to pieces.

Looking ahead, I scowled when I saw numerous bodies on the forest floor. Anyone would have a hard time recognizing whose bodies are these. Some have their arms or legs separated, while some have gaping holes in their chest. Chunks of flesh and blood are spilled everywhere. From the tree trunks to the ground.

Send a clean-up team to the border immediately. I didn't wait for any response from my beta as I immediately raised my mental barrier, blocking all possible mind-links. It's been so long since I had my last run so my beast is a bit temperamental right now. And to add up, a group of rogues decided to spoil my mood further. So much for a relaxing day.

Cracking my neck, I started to make my way to nearby waterfalls to clean my body since it was full of dirt and blood. Dusk is already approaching, and the sunlight breaks through the spaces between the thick trees lighting up the dark and damp path ahead of me. As I walk towards the waterfalls, I can't help but admire the work of Mother Luna.

Werewolves are given two greatest gifts: the forest and a soulmate. Legends say that forests were made by Mother Luna for her children. It serves as a sanctuary for those who are lost and confused about where they can find their redemption. Werewolves might call the forest as their home where they feel safe and serene.

The second gift is a soulmate. Your mate is supposed to be your other half. I always thought that the concept of a mate is a burden rather than a gift. In my 524 years of living, I often hear the people around me talk about how excited they are to find their mate, and about how it feels to meet your soulmate. They said it will be the most memorable and pleasant moment of a werewolf's life. But it's not the same for everyone. Not everyone gets a mate. And some choose not to be with their mate.

I ended up in the former category. Why? Because I don't deserve one. I am different from everyone else. I already accepted my fate the moment I realized that I'm different. A beast like me doesn't deserve a mate. It's not like I wanted one anyway. For me, having a mate is already a weakness. And I don't need any form of weakness or distraction. I have a reputation to uphold. I'll end up destroying her.

I've seen how werewolves rejected or cheated on their mates. Other half my ass. Once rejected or hurt, their mates will experience so much heartache to the point where some just go crazy or worse, kill themselves. Some bonds just don't last and why bother finding your mate when you'll just end up dead. It's better to be alone.

The sound of water filled my ears as I neared the waterfalls. My feet met the surface of the water, and I slowly lowered my body, the water only reaching my torso. I felt my muscles relax instantly as I let out a tired sigh. The water felt cold against my skin, but it doesn't bother me at all. Scooping the ice-cold water, I washed my arms, neck, chest, and face, rinsing off any dirt and blood.

I closed my eyes and leaned my body against the wall of rock behind me. Some might think I'm not paying attention to my surroundings but even with my eyes closed, I can feel and hear everything around me. I can hear the leaves rustling against each other, squirrels scampering away, as well as the crunching of the leaves under one pair of shuffling feet.

Wait, what?

The moment I heard a crunch, my eyes snapped open, and I immediately turned around, my eyes narrowing and my body on guard. I quietly moved, not making a single sound. A humming sound resonated around the forest. I felt a shiver run down my back as my beast stirred inside me. A slow yet melodious tune filled my ears and I involuntarily shudder.

Sniffing the air, I wasn't ready when an intoxicating scent met my senses. The scent of fresh roses wafted my nose as I inhaled deeply. I can't get enough of this particular scent mixed with a hint of vanilla. My body became active as well as my beast as my senses were filled with a sweet smell. Wanting to ease the sudden need to impale my canine, I swiped my tongue against my teeth repeatedly.

With calculated movements, I immediately stalked the path to find the origin of the intoxicating scent. I made sure not to produce any sound, fearing that it might scare it away. The branches swayed back and forth, producing an airy feeling around me. The scent became stronger as I near the big and old willow tree with branches serving as an umbrella.

I felt my heart skip a beat when my eyes landed on a figure resting under the big tree. My breath hitched when the dusk light shined perfectly over the figure, her blonde hair producing a thousand shades of gold. Her golden hair draped down softly against her shoulders and back, flowing like waves. Steaks of brown littered her hair which complemented her small pale face.

One pair of arched eyebrows partnered her velvety eyelashes. Eyelashes that are so long and thick that they cast shadows over her cheeks. Her enticing, ocean-blue eyes with specks of dark green gaze over the book she's holding. Her eyes twinkle with satisfaction as it scan the pages of the book gripped by a pair of small hands yet with smooth and slender fingers.

A baby blue dress covers her delicate and petite body, but it doesn't hide her well-sculpted body, with a small waist paired with wide hips. My fingers itched, wanting to wrap my arms around her body. I watched her pull her pale long legs against her chest, revealing her smooth skin. I don't need to touch her skin to know that it would feel soft and smooth. My breath hitched and I clenched my hands when a gentle smile tore upon her red plump lips.

Fuck.

I stood there, not knowing what to do and just staring at her. She looks so beautiful. Fuck it! Beautiful is not even enough to describe her. She looks so ethereal. So perfect. I can't help but scan her over and over again. My hands shook as my beast clawed inside of me, wanting to get out and touch her snowy skin. The more I look at her, the faster my heart beats. Every single part of my body was filled with tingles.

Mate.

My beast growled inside of me as my breath hitched. No. This can't be possible. I don't deserve a mate. I've accepted it already but fate is playing a new game and I'm not the only main character in it. All these years, I've lived thinking that I will be alone forever. No chance of having a mate. No chance of building a family. And no chance of loving someone and being loved. And yet, there she is. So perfect.

I am a sinful man. Full of sins. Everything about her scream's innocence, completely opposite to my evilness. But the moment I laid my eyes on her, I knew that she'll be the light to my darkness. She's perfect for me. She's too perfect for me but I don't care. She's mine the same way I'm hers. I'm a man with no weakness yet I'm willing to risk it all just for her. I'll be damned if I let her go.

A hard pull crept into my stomach. My feet wanted to go near her. My senses are ready to be filled with her sweet intoxicating scent. I felt my hands twitch, demanding to caress her snowy pale skin. My lips can't wait to kiss her, every inch of her. Just imagining how sweet she'll taste made me lick my own lips. I bet she'll taste as sweet as honey. And I can't wait to love her. But as much as I want to do all those things, I can't. She looks too young. Too innocent and fragile.

My beast growled inside of me, baring his canine, ready to mark his mate. I responded with a growl of my own. I have to wait. A year. I'll give my little mate a year. That's all I'm giving. And I hope she's ready for me by that time because I know I won't be able to control myself any longer.

"Soon, my sweet little mate."

...

Six months ago

Letting out a thundering roar, I slammed my fist against the wooden table, destroying it in half. My beast demands to get out, but I put out a barrier between us, blocking him away. I felt my canines extend as I grip what was left with the table. Growling at my beta, I tried my best to control myself because I don't want to hurt him but the fucker was really pushing his luck by stopping me from going to my mate.

"Get the hell out of my face, Valrus." I slowly said. Each word is drawn slowly, threatening my beta. I clenched my hands, fighting for control over my beast. If I don't control him, I'm sure Valrus won't be able to go home without any injuries.

"Alpha, please calm down. You're not in full control right now. I'm afraid your beast will take over and lose control. You might mark Luna if you see her now." He raised his arms above his head just to show me that he doesn't mean any harm. He's not a threat. Even though I know he's just being reasonable, I can't help the growl that left my lips. My hands shook against my side knowing that Valrus is right. I'm not in full control right now.

The moon is on full display outside my window. My beast tried to take over me again, but I shut him down once again. The full moon is affecting my beast and it's messing up my mind completely. The need of marking my mate hit me in full force and I wasn't ready at all. All I want to do is to have my beautiful mate in my arms, where she rightfully belongs. But it's not the right time. Letting out a deep and tired sigh, I slumped back on my chair and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Fine, you win this time." I scowled at his grin before flashing him my middle finger, growling when he just laughed it off. He took a seat on the sofa and started twirling his phone between his fingers while looking at me with his annoying smirk.

"You know, I never imagined that I'll be seeing you like this." I narrowed my eyes at him as he tilted his head to the side. This fucker really keeps getting on my nerves with his words. He constantly makes me question my decision on why I chose him as my beta.

"Like what?" I asked while glaring at him. He better says something good, or I'll punch that annoying smirk he's wearing. He casually shrugged his shoulders and leaned back against the leather sofa.

"Fucking whipped." He gave me a full-ass smirk as if he actually revealed the greatest discovery of all time. I felt my jaw tick from his words, my hands itching to punch him but I can't. Because he's right. And that pisses me off.

"Fuck off. Contact Dr. Waldire and ask him for another dose." I said while pinching the bridge of my nose, feeling an incoming headache. Valrus gave me a pointed look and shook his head. I just rolled my eyes in response.

"Again? This is the third time this week. I'm pretty sure you're trying to kill yourself." I gritted my teeth when I heard his reprimanding voice. I don't need a fucking scolding. I'm not a child anymore and I know what I'm doing.

"Just fucking do it." I said through gritted teeth and closed my eyes. Leaning back on my chair, I heard Valrus sigh, knowing well that I won't be swayed by any means. Ever since I met my mate, taking a dosage of wolfsbane became more frequent. And it's all because of my beast. It gets harder every day, not being able to mark our mate. Staying in control wasn't an issue in the past but now, it became one of the hardest things to do.

"By the way, it seems like your mate got a job at a cafe. It was Alcander who saw her." He said while typing something on his phone. I hummed in response. I'll just send some guards to watch over her. But why would she need a job? Is money an issue for her? The moment she's by my side, I'll make sure to shower her with gifts and get her everything she wants. Imagining her being pampered by me brought a grin to my face.

...

I watched her as she plucked some flowers from her garden. She glows under the moon. Her pale snowy skin is in contrast with the darkness offered by the night. My breath hitched when she stood up, brushing off the invisible dirt on her dress. She looks so beautiful with her golden hair cascading softly down her back. She's already wearing her thin white nightdress and I know she's about to go to bed.

One thing I don't understand yet still find endearing is her habit of picking some flowers from her garden before she goes to bed. Every single night, she will never forget to pluck some flowers and place them on the vase beside her bed. I watched her every single movement that is filled with elegance and innocence. And her eyes glow under the moonlight giving an ethereal ambiance.

The day I saw her, I immediately hired someone to investigate her. Finding information about her was hard since she wasn't originally from here but with connections, I made it possible. And to my surprise, her house was built not far away from where I first saw her which means that she was living in the forest. It's an old two-story small house with a garden full of different flowers, the only property her grandparents left her but I still don't understand why she chose to live in a secluded area rather than in the city.

When I found out that she was living alone, I almost took her away knowing that the forest isn't the safest place for her. Unfortunately, her grandparents who raised her passed away when she was sixteen, and ever since, she has been living all by herself. I was right when I guessed that she was probably too young. According to Alcander, she's only seventeen years old, turning eighteen in two months. What surprised me the most was her name. It's so beautiful and it suits her well.

Neve Amélie Galemore.

Her lights switched off, filling her room with darkness. I waited for a few minutes waiting for her to fall asleep. Even from this distance, I can still see and hear her very well. I can hear every shuffle made by her feet against her mattress, her soft breaths, and how her heartbeat eventually slowed down. And that's my cue. Making my way to her small house, I gripped the branch of the tree beside her house. I pulled myself up and quickly made my way to her window.

Doing this plenty of times already made it all familiar. Sitting on a branch, I leaned towards the window and quietly opened the handle. Another habit of hers. Not locking her windows which made it easier for me to go inside her room. With a swift movement, I jumped inside the room, landing on my two feet without making a sound. It didn't even take a second before my eyes adjusted to the darkness.

The sweet scent of flowers and honey filled my senses, making my beast growl in satisfaction. There, a silhouette lies down in the center of the bed. I felt the strong pull on my stomach and I know it was all because of my mate. Not wasting any second, I walked towards her bed. Just the right amount of moonlight shines over her body. Wrapped with a thick blanket, her smooth golden hair draped over her pillow.

My hands twitched, feeling the urge to touch my mate. I quietly crouched beside her bed, and the need to be closer to her became stronger. When I saw her sleeping face, I know I'm willing to be whipped as long as it was her. Her eyelashes casted shadows upon her cheeks and her lips are pulled in a pout, making me lick my own. So beautiful. Her beauty never fails to take my breath away.

My entire body buzzed with tingles while my heart pounding so fast against my chest. I moved my right hand towards her face. Tingles erupted when my fingers softly caressed her cheek. My mouth lifted into a smile as I felt her soft skin under my fingers. I traced her entire face with my fingers. Her eyebrows, lashes, nose, cheek and lastly, her lips. I felt my gums ache, having the need to mark my mate.

From the day I saw her, I never stopped thanking Mother Luna for giving me her as my mate. But at the same time, I sometimes question her decision of giving me this beautiful innocent mate because I know, I'm too messed up to have a mate so pure as her. And for the first time in my life, I felt scared. Scared that I might fuck up the only good thing that ever happened to me.

Even though I have doubts, I know for sure that I'm never letting her go. Mother Luna might have made a mistake when she paired her with me but I've already decided not to let her go. If this is a mistake, I'm willing to suffer any consequences if it means she's going to be mine. Mistake or not, one thing is for sure, she's my mate and I'll destroy anyone who tries to take her away from me.

I slowly leaned in towards her face, pressing my lips against her forehead. In an instant, sparks and tingles filled my whole body making me shiver involuntarily. A soft sigh left her lips and I felt my beast purr in satisfaction when she unconsciously leaned towards me, seeking comfort. Breathing in deeply, I let my senses be filled with her scent before standing up and making my way towards her window. With one last look, I jumped from her window and left with a warm feeling in my heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.8K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
421K 25.5K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
252K 19.1K 39
- Keya x Shivansh Keya Mathur (25yrs old) one of the most youngest and leading wedding planners of India. Shivansh Singh Rawat (27yrs old) the rulin...
3.4M 143K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...