traded my life [TWD]

Par tyang_xo

she never planned on joining the hard life. she never planned on living with a cop. she never planned on her... Plus

traded my life
𝚒𝚘𝚘 πš‘πš’πšŽπš“πš’πš—
part I: normalcy
γ€Ž1』
γ€Ž2』
γ€Ž3』
γ€Ž4』
γ€Ž5』
γ€Ž6』
γ€Ž7』
part II: new beginnings
γ€Ž9』
γ€Ž10』
γ€Ž11』
γ€Ž12』
γ€Ž13』
γ€Ž14』
γ€Ž15』
γ€Ž16』
part III: the calm
γ€Ž17』
γ€Ž18』
γ€Ž19』
γ€Ž20』
γ€Ž21』
γ€Ž22』
γ€Ž23』
part IV: the storm
γ€Ž24』
γ€Ž25』
γ€Ž26』
γ€Ž27』
γ€Ž28』
γ€Ž29』
γ€Ž30』
γ€Ž31』
γ€Ž32』
γ€Ž33』
γ€Ž34』
γ€Ž35』
γ€Ž36』
part V: new grounds
γ€Ž37』
γ€Ž38』
γ€Ž39』
γ€Ž40』
γ€Ž41』
γ€Ž42』
γ€Ž43』
γ€Ž44』
γ€Ž45』
γ€Ž46』
γ€Ž47』
γ€Ž48』
γ€Ž49』
γ€Ž50』
part VI: past meets present
γ€Ž51』
γ€Ž52』
γ€Ž53』
γ€Ž54』
γ€Ž55』
γ€Ž56』
γ€Ž57』
γ€Ž58』
γ€Ž59』
γ€Ž60』
γ€Ž61』
γ€Ž62』
γ€Ž63』
γ€Ž64』
γ€Ž65』
γ€Ž66』
γ€Ž67』
γ€Ž68』
γ€Ž69』
γ€Ž70』
γ€Ž71』
γ€Ž72』
part VII: leading the march of death
γ€Ž73』
γ€Ž74』
γ€Ž75』
γ€Ž76』
γ€Ž77』
γ€Ž78』
part VIII: losing grip
γ€Ž79』
γ€Ž80』
γ€Ž81』
γ€Ž82』
γ€Ž83』
γ€Ž84』
γ€Ž85』
γ€Ž86』
γ€Ž87』
γ€Ž88』
part IX: unlikely allies
γ€Ž89』
γ€Ž90』
γ€Ž91』
γ€Ž92』
γ€Ž93』
γ€Ž94』
γ€Ž95』
γ€Ž96』
γ€Ž97』
γ€Ž98』
γ€Ž99』
γ€Ž100』
γ€Ž101』
γ€Ž102』
γ€Ž103』
γ€Ž104』
γ€Ž105』

γ€Ž8』

2.1K 70 14
Par tyang_xo

My suitcase plops on the floor.

"Well, welcome home. Mi casa is-"

"This isn't my home," I state, cutting Shane off.

"Mi casa is.. your playground?" He steps into the kitchen. and his voice becomes distant as he mutters something about dirty dishes. "No.. Not playground.."

I step to the side of the door and take my shoes off. 

"You really have the exact house I thought you would," I tell him.

"Yeah? What's that?" he asks.

"Single dude in his thirties."

"Seriously?"

"Dude, your TV is on the floor."

Shane walks back through with two bottles of water. "Let's establish some rules.."

"Rules?"

"While you're under my roof, you're not allowed to call me 'dude'. It is Sir-"

I snort.

"Officer Walsh, or Shane."

"Fine," I huff. I take the bottle and sit on the couch. "Shane."

"No guys are allowed- neither day or night."

I roll my hand, hurrying him along.

"You will be going to school-"

"Oh, come on!"

"Lori and Rick have agreed to letting you carpool with them when they take Carl. to school. You are to be up, ready, and out of the door by six-thirty every morning so you don't keep them waiting."

My head rests on the back of the couch and I close my eyes.

"Every other day, we switch tasks. You are to do your own laundry. But, we will trade trash and dishes."

"What about dinner?" I wonder.

Shane pauses. "Well.. I work late nights.. So, I usually just eat out."

"Do I get an allowance?"

He gives one single, drawn out, loud laugh. "Yeah, right."

"Okay, so if you're at work, the fuck am I-"

"Another rule, no swearing."

"Dude-" 

"Strike one-"

"You fucking swear-"

"Strike two-"

I groan in annoyance. "What is a strike?"

Shane ignores my question. He didn't have any idea what to do for punishment.

"Starting this week, you will be meeting with a therapist-"

"A therapist?!"

"He works for CPS. He's doing it as a favor because he knows your story- he'll be defending you in court against your aunt. I want you to have three sessions a week with him or more."

I'm starting to think I'd rather share a hell-cell with Lori. Maybe Bitchass Bassett had a spare room.

"You want me to scrub your work boots with my toothbrush while I'm at it?"

"Don't get smart, Hyejin. If you respect me, I'll respect you. This is a give and get thing we got goin'. So, help me help you, all right?"

"Fine."

--

"And maybe when Shane is still at work, you can come hang out at my house! We can play video games and read comics and we can watch TV!" Carl continues to list off.

I place a hand on my temple, resting against the car door.

"And you can help me with homework! And I can see what kind of homework you have! And we can go to my cousin James' house- he has a big pool. Mom says we can't get.a pool because our yard is too small. I think it'd be cool to have a pool."

God, strike me down. Please.

"I've only been swimming one time when dad brought me to the river, but I'm sure I can learn. Do you know how to swim? I bet you could swim fast. Can you swim without plugging your nose? How does that even work? I once saw someone on TV try to use a clothespin to cover their nose when they were swimming. It was the La-Lympics!"

"Olympics, Carl," Lori corrects.

"Olympics," he repeats. "That's that sport thing every year. I don't really watch sports, but it's cool to see the Olympics! I think that ice -blading is cool!"

Carl was just a kid, I know that. He was, what? Seven, maybe? 

But, goddamn I hate kids. And Carl.. it's like he never shut up. I'm pretty sure he waltzed out of Lori reciting some commercial he heard in the womb.

"Dad taught me how to ride a bike a year ago! I wanted to learn how to skateboard, but he said that was too dangerous. Do you know how to skateboard."

"Yes," I mumble, just wanting him to shut up already.

"You can skateboard?!"

Fuck me.

"Can you go really fast? Are you like Tony Hawk? What kind of board do you have? Who taught you?"

"All right, here we are," Lori says, parking the car.

Before she even turns the car off, I leap out of the door before Carl even gets his booster seat unbuckled.

"Hyejin!" Lori calls. "Make sure and walk Carl from his class to meet me outside! Shane will be home not long after you!"

I throw a thumbs up over my shoulder.

It was bad enough I was fifteen and still in middle school. Teachers didn't accept that I was 'absent' and 'failing' so they kept holding me back. It was even worse to be in the same school lot as the elementary kids and have to take this car ride with Lori and Carl every morning and afternoon.

Since I was in middle school, I got out an hour early. Does that mean I get to fuck around and do as I please? Of course not. I have to wait on the school grounds for a whole ass hour until Carl gets out of class and we can go on that fucking ride again.

I storm through the halls and straight to the bathroom. I slam the stall door closed, though I didn't notice I was doing it. I hadn't felt this angry in awhile. It's been a week since the arrest took place. A week since I saw Q.

I pull my pack of cigarettes out of my backpack and light one up with no hesitation.

Shane, despite smoking himself, didn't allow smoke in the house. Fucking hypocrite.

After my aunt was arrested, I got to go to my house and get certain belongings. I hid my two packs of cigarettes under a shit ton of pads so Shane wouldn't question it. 

I had no idea what I was going to do when these two packs were gone. How would I get the cash to buy some? A fake ID after Shane found my old one and took it? The fucking time to myself where I could buy some to begin with?

My free hands runs stressfully through my hair and I take a long drag of the cigarette.

"Yah, Yoo Hyejin."

Not this bitch. I rest my head back and take a deep breath.

I told myself not to get in trouble for a good couple of weeks. Make Shane think I'm 'straightening myself out' like he wants so I can get more freedom and do the shit I want to.

'Fuck off, Carrie," I state.

"What? Don't want your ass beat today?"

I couldn't help but laugh. I was so overwhelmed with everything that had been going on.

"Yah, bitch. Open the door."

My aunt sitting behind bars.

Carrie slams her hand against the door.

Shane's house rules.

"Open it, fucking bitch!"

Lori's fake self. Rick's hero complex. Carl never shutting the fuck up.

"Yah!"

I place my cigarette between my lips and open the door.

Carrie looks me up and down and scoffs. "Welfie, whore. I heard you got arrested. What'd you do? Whore yourself out?"

I take a drag of my cigarette. I smile and grab Carrie's chin, shoving the still-lit stick down her throat.

She screams in protest and shoves me back. I kick myself off the wall and punch her across her stupid, bitchy face.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

5.9K 291 31
A teenage girl by the name of Ayla Meadows is held against her will and experimented on by a crazed scientist. Although she manages to escape the hor...
8.2K 260 27
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ | ruby's on a mission to find her father , she ran into to rick and his group , does she really wanna see her father again? πŸΉπŸŽžοΈπŸ§Ÿβ€...
200 39 10
Madison Lowery never anticipated the end of the world. In a world made up of pain and the hopes of survival she didn't expect Daryl Dixon to change e...
14.5K 407 28
final book to the 'Eyes Wide Open' series A literal broken bridge leads to many more metaphorically. Jade now has her hands full, life throwing choic...