KEEP DRIVING - H.S

By sparkrls

KEEP DRIVING | ❝should we just keep driving?❞ -- where harry styles and alliah mendoza are part of ye... More

♡ Prolouge ♡
famous birthdays
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 59
BONUS CONTENT: 12 MONTHS
[INTERVIEW - DRAFTS]
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Epilogue
☀️ OTHER STORIES ☀️
BONUS: The BRITs
BONUS: 30th Birthday

Chapter 29

3.7K 114 77
By sparkrls

January 8 2022, Los Angeles

UNKNOWN
typing...

UNKNOWN
check your voicemails.

alliah 🌹
um... who is this
and how did you
get my number?

UNKNOWN
it's harry.

HARRY 🤍
you said i didn't apologize,
but you didn't
check your voicemails.

alliah 🌹
i never check my
voicemails.

alliah 🌹
and since when is
this your number?

HARRY 🤍
my phone broke a
while back.

alliah 🌹
okay...

HARRY 🤍
please, just check
your voicemails.

alliah 🌹
aye aye, cap'n

[November 21]
"Fuck, Alliah, I'm so sorry. I know, I know, I'm an idiot. I was such an asshole to you, and I know I don't deserve you. I shouldn't have said that to you. And I... I've had probably too much to drink.

God, I was being stupid and I got jealous and I said things I didn't mean. I'm really sorry, I am. Please just... call me back. Let's talk it out. I don't... I don't want to lose you. You're the best person I've ever met and I wish I hadn't fucked it all up. Please, call me back, just hear me out. I'm sorry."

[November 23]

"Alliah, please call me back. I know I was an asshole, but I just need to apologize properly, and not over voicemail. You're... you're really special to me. You're beautiful, and you're smart, you always make me laugh and I'm never not happy with you. When I'm with you... it's like the whole world is so much brighter. You bring light to the darkest of days and you showed me what it's like to find a happiness that is pure and untainted by the world. I don't want to lose that. I'm really sorry."

[November 25]

"I wrote a song about you... um, I think it's a little bit more like, about you and the things that happened with your sister. I don't know. I don't expect you to forgive me because I wrote you a song, but I wanted to show it to you anyways. It's... it's called Matilda.

Matilda, you talk of the pain like it's all alright..."

[November 27]

"I... just jumped off of the roof. I'm like.. super high right now. Soooooo high.

So, I- I could've broken my ankle, but fuck it. I did something really stupid.

Anyways, yeah. Nothing happened. Just thought I'd let you know because I'm hiiighhhhh. HAHAHAHA."

[December 1]

"I'm sorry for the voicemail I left the other day. That was... so stupid.

But I've been thinking and I'm really sorry for what I said, Alliah. I really am. I think this might be the last voicemail I leave. It's unfair for me to disrespect the decision you've made. I understand why you wouldn't forgive me. You've been through a lot and I exploited your weaknesses.

You deserve an apology. A proper one. But I don't deserve your forgiveness.

I wish I could take back what I said, but I can't. So I'll just explain to you the reasoning behind my actions. It's not an excuse and I swear I'm not doing it to manipulate you or anything.

I've had feelings for you for a really long time, and oh, god, I sound like I'm in middle school *chuckles*.

I was just too big of a coward to ask you out. I worried you would say no and I would screw up the best friendship I'd ever had. And I was also worried you'd say yes, and we'd end up breaking up or realizing it wouldn't work and once again, ruin our friendship.

But the point behind it, is that I... I am a really jealous person, and I don't know, something about what you said about Niall just triggered something.

Um, I know it isn't an excuse, but I needed to explain it.

My reaction was way out of line and I had no reason to treat you like that. You didn't deserve that and I should've kept my feelings in check.

I'm really sorry for what I said. You are right, I am an asshole for saying it. I swear I don't mean it.

It isn't what I think about you, and even if you did date every guy you meet- which you don't- there's nothing wrong with that and it's none of my business.

You're the most amazing person I've ever met, I mean... everything about you is just beautiful. And I need you to know that.

I love your mind and the way it works, how you always find something to admire in everything, and you find beauty in the mundane.

I love your heart, because you always love everyone and everything and you're not afraid to show it. I admire how you love so fearlessly.

I love your smile, it always lights up my day, and I know you're insecure about it, but don't be. It's radiant and it- it glows.

Everything about you is just perfect. You're talented and determined and I love how when you get an idea you have to write it down. You work so hard so your fans can be happy, and you deserve the world. But the world doesn't deserve you.

You're there for everyone and you never judge or shame them for anything. You're kind and sweet but you also know when to draw the line and how to stand up for yourself.

You're protective of your friends and you don't really care if people talk shit about you, but if they talk shit about your friends, you get pissed. I think that's great.

What I'm really trying to say is that... I'm sorry and I mean it. I don't expect anything from you. You don't have to forgive me, but you deserve an apology, a proper one.

I really care about you, Alliah, and I shouldn't have treated someone I care about like that. I'm sorry for everything."

alliah 🌹
harry, why didn't you
tell me about what
happened in my hotel
room?

Harry 🤍
i was scared that
if i told you, you'd reject me.

Harry 🤍
i'm sorry i didn't
tell you.

Harry 🤍
did you listen to
the voicemails?

alliah 🌹
for the first time in
my life, i checked my
voicemails.

alliah 🌹
it's the morning. and
i still want to kiss
you. and i won't regret
it.

Harry 🤍
you still want to kiss
me?

alliah 🌹
i always want to
kiss you.

alliah 🌹
ball's in your court,
pretty boy.

alliah 🌹
make the right
move.

Harry 🤍
typing...

ALLIAH WATCHED WITH FRUSTRATION as the three little dots disappeared. She waited for a message to come through, but nothing.

Damn it. Alliah had thought that maybe he was still interested. It seemed like it, but apparently not.

Alliah wiped away the tears that had fallen when she'd been listening to the voicemails. The care and the affection in Harry's voice...

Was it all in Alliah's head?

Alliah sighed, groaning as she flopped onto her bed and kicked her feet, wanting to scream in frustration. God, this was annoying.

Alliah checked her phone, but nothing. Eventually, she broke and tried to call Harry. She could apologize, say that they could forget it ever happened and be just friends. But when she called him, Harry didn't pick up and it went straight to voicemail.

Alliah sighed, throwing her phone back onto her bed. What else was there to do?

She sniffled, getting up and washing her face, wiping away the tears. Alliah was sick of feeling like shit and crying. Friday. She should throw a party. Drown her sorrows in champagne and have fun with her friends.

Alliah liked the sound of a party. It'd be a good distraction. But she wanted to do something immediately.

Alliah rushed to her piano, sitting down and beginning her recording.

"I think of the night in the park, it was getting dark and we stayed up for hours. What a time, what a time, what a time. You..." Alliah hummed the melody, not knowing what words to put in. "What a time, what a time. Just you and I."

Alliah played the song again and again, slowly weaving together the verse she'd written with Niall and the chorus she had just come up with.

Holy shit, she was a genius.

She had just written a song.

The doorbell rang, interrupting Alliah's thought.

Alliah frowned. Who was at the door?

Alliah made her way to the door when a frantic knock sounded. And then someone whispering, "Please be home, please be home."

Alliah knew that voice better than she knew the sound of her own. That voice was the sweetest melody she'd ever heard.

Alliah rushed to unlock the door and throw it open. There stood Harry, in all his beauty. Loose ripped jeans and a vintage tee. His hair was damp and falling in curls around his face.

Alliah felt like a mere mortal standing before a god. She was lucky she'd felt like using a nice outfit today, with her black leather pants and v-neck white sweater. But even then, she didn't look even half as good as Harry.

Everything about him was perfect, like the incarnation of Adonis. There wasn't any word that could capture the exact radiance that Harry emitted.

"Harry," Alliah finally said. "You're here."

Harry chuckled, running a hand through his hair. God, the veins on his hands, and the rings. Oh, the things Alliah wanted those hands to do. "I can't exactly do this on the phone, can I?"

"Do what?" Alliah stated, a challenge hidden behind her words. Harry looked up from the ground and met her eyes. Electricity. That's what it felt like.

And before Alliah could process it, Harry was through the door, shutting it with his foot, cupping Alliah's cheeks with his hands.

Alliah's eyes fluttered close as she felt the warmth of his lips pressing against hers, molding in just the perfect way. His lips were warm and soft.

Alliah had dreamed of the taste of his lips, and now that she'd had just a little bit, she couldn't get enough.

Alliah's hands wandered to Harry's neck, one holding the back and the other sliding up, gripping his curls softly.

Harry inhaled sharply, and pressed forward with even more eagerness, making Alliah stumble back until her back hit the wall.

Harry's tongue traced the silhouette of her lips, asking for permission, and Alliah parted her lips.

Time seemed to go by slowly as they stood there in the haze of their peace, kissing softly and then passionately. Making up for lost time.

When the time came that they finally parted, Harry resting his forehead against hers, his thumb tracing the shape of Alliah's swollen lips, it seemed like no time at all had passed.

"I'm sorry," Harry whispered. "I-"

Alliah shushed him. "No more apologies. I heard the voicemails. It's all in the past, okay?"

Harry furrowed his brow. "But-"

"Enjoy the moment, I know for a fact I am," Alliah chided him, smirking at her last words.

The corner of Harry's lips twitched. "Enjoying it, huh?"

Alliah nodded, her nails scratching Harry's scalp. "You're a damn good kisser, Styles."

"You're not half-bad yourself, Mendoza."

Alliah melted, savouring the sound of Harry's voice. "Call me that again."

"What?"

"Say my last name again."

Harry gave her an inquisitive look, and slowly uttered, "Mendoza."

Alliah pressed a soft kiss to the corner of his lips. Harry turned, trying to catch her lips in his own, but Alliah pulled away in time.

Alliah whispered, "Say my name again, and you'll get your kiss."

"Mendoza," Harry didn't hesitate to say, and immediately pulled her in for another, much more heated kiss. "Mendoza." A softer, more tender kiss. "Mendoza."

Alliah giggled against Harry's lips. "Mkay, that's enough. Don't abuse your privileges."

Harry whined as Alliah pulled away, trying to get in another kiss. "C'mon, don't be like that, Mendoza."

"Harry..." Alliah muttered lowly, as he kissed her again. And then a quick peck. "We're going to be here all day if you keep going like this. I don't have the self-control."

"Well, I guess it's a good thing I don't either," Harry mumbled against her lips, softly rubbing his nose against the side of hers. "Maybe I want to be here all day. All my life. Just me, you and your beautiful, beautiful lips."

Before Alliah could say anything, there was Harry, kissing her again.

And Alliah couldn't complain.

a/n: the chapter y'all have been waiting for. an apology + the start of a relationship.

hope you guys like this chapter, 'cause it's one of my personal favorites.

don't forget to vote and comment because i crave validation. love ya! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Us By Leona Riley

Short Story

26 0 26
A teenage girl meets a really hot guy who ends up to be her best friend's cousin and they live happily ever after. But what if it isn't as happy as i...
185K 2.9K 35
Sequel to Love Doesn't Exist.
1.7K 33 20
"'Love.' I've fallen in 'love' far to many times. I'm not sure I even know what love is anymore.." Gabby may not necessarily be afraid to fall in lo...
461K 6.2K 200
He liked a photo and the rest is history.