End Game 》Avatar Korra

By CancerDaria

When Aiya Sato, daughter of famous industrialist Hiroshi Sato, meets Avatar Korra, she isn't impressed. Wheth... More

Book 1 : Chapter 1
Book 1 : Chapter 3
Book 1 : Chapter 4
Book 1 : Chapter 5
Book 1 : Chapter 6
Book 1 : Chapter 7
Book 1 : Chapter 8
Book 1 : Chapter 9

Book 1 : Chapter 2

277 10 6
By CancerDaria

Korra

"It's been great having you at so many back-to-back practices, Korra," Mako said, after him, Bolin and I took a break from practicing.

"Feels good to be back, although Tarrlok isn't too happy about my leave of absence," I told them.

"Hey, you joined the Fire Ferrets before you joined his task force," Bolin said, crossing his arms.

"Okay, come on. Team huddle time," Mako said.

I put an arm around his and Bolin's shoulders and smiled at him.

He gave me an awkward smile before speaking.

"It's our first match of the tournament tonight. I know the three of us haven't been a team for very long, but even so, the Fire Ferrets have never been this good. Are we ready?" Mako said.

"We're ready!" Bolin and I both told him.

"Not quite. You'll need these." I spun around at the sound of Asami's voice.

I looked at her and then at the girl next to her. Aiya. The one that had been rude to me a few nights ago.

"Hey, Asami," Mako said, his lips lifting at the sight of her.

"Good morning, sweetie," Asami replied.

I put a hand on my hip and frowned at the sight of them. I then noticed Aiya looking at me with the same look she had given me at the gala.

I narrowed my eyes at her, but my brows rose when I saw Bolin running over to her.

"My favourite fan! I have missed you so much!" He exclaimed, giving her a hug.

My frown deepened. Since when were they friends?

I decided to walk over to the four of them to see our new uniforms.

"These new uniforms look great." Mako said, holding one up to show Bolin and I.

"They're amazing right? Aiya spent hours designing them," Asami said, grinning at her sister who simply nodded and smiled.

"Well, teammates, I'll see you before the match tonight. Asami and I have have lunch date," Mako said.

Aiya's smile dropped.

"You're going on a date? Why didn't you tell me, Asami?" She asked.

"I thought you would want to hang out with Bolin and Korra. Maybe you could learn something from them," Asami told her sister.

Without waiting for a reply, Asami and Mako walked out of the building, leaving the three of us alone.

"What did Asami mean by learning something from us?" Bolin asked Aiya, confused.

"Well, I'm a firebender and I was thinking that Mako could teach me some more tricks since I didn't have a firebending teacher," She replied.

"You can firebend?! That's awesome! Maybe Korra can help you. Right Korra?" Bolin asked, looking over at me.

"Uh, I have better things to do. I need to train with Tenzin," I said, picking up my bag to leave.

Bolin shot me a look but didn't say anything.

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

Jinora, Ikki and I were busy picking baskets of fruit when Jinora began to speak.

"So, how's it going with the tall, dreamy firebender boy? You've been spending a lot of time together lately," Jinora said.

"Ooh, yeah. Tell us all about the magical romance!" Ikki exclaimed.

"What? Listen to you two! I'm- I'm not interested in Mako or any romantic stuff. Besides, he's all into that prissy, beautiful, elegant rich girl," I said, looking down at the ground before back up at the two sisters.

"But let's just pretend for a second I am interested in him- what would I do?" I asked.

"Ooh, I just read a historical saga where the heroine fell in love with the enemy general's son who was supposed to marry the princess. You should do what she did," Jinora said.

"Tell me." I bent my knees to hear her better.

"She rode her dragon into battle and burned down the entire country. Then she jumped into a volcano. It was so romantic," Jinora said with a dreamy look in her eyes.

"No! No! No! The best way to win a boy's heart is to brew a love potion of rainbows and sunsets that makes true lovers sprout wings and fly to a magical castle in the sky where they get married and eat clouds with spoons and use stars as ice cubes in their moonlight punch forever and ever and ever!" Ikki spoke.

I blinked twice before looking back at Jinora.

"The volcano is starting to make more sense to me now," I said.

I then heard a laugh behind me and I turned around to see Pema, Tenzin's wife, holding a basket of fruit.

"Oh, hey, Pema. Uh, how long were you standing there?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Long enough. But trust me, I know what you're going through. Years ago, I was in the exact same situation with Tenzin," Pema said, walking up to us.

"Daddy was in love with someone else before you?" Ikki asked her mom.

"That's right," Pema responded, holding a finger up in the air.

"So what did you do?" I asked her, curiosity filling me.

"Well, for the longest time I did nothing, I was so shy and scared of rejection. But watching my soul mate spend his life with the wrong woman became too painful. So I hung my chin out there, and I confessed my love to Tenzin. And the rest is history."

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

"Introducing our first team, the Future Industries Fire Ferrets!" The commentator announced as Mako, Bolin and I stepped into the fighting box.

I waved at the audience with a smile plastered across my face.

"And their opponents, the Red Sands Rabbaroos."

I got into my fighting stance and took in a deep breath. The bell rang to indicate the beginning of the match and I quickly waterbent at my opponent.

She ran forwards and then blasted fire in my direction. I jumped to the other side of the box and was immediately hit with a rock by the earthbender.

I kept up my stance and I knocked the other team to the very end of the box along with Bolin and Mako's help.

After a few more shots at our opponents, they were down on the ground and we were declared the winners of round one.

"Round two!" The commentator announced.

The round had just begun and Bolin was already thrown backwards into zone two by the waterbender from the other team.

I ran in front of him and quickly bent water at the waterbender, knocking her into zone two.

After a few more shots and blasts at the other team, we easily dominated them and won all the rounds.

"And round three goes to the Future Industries Fire Ferrets who win their opening match of the tournament!" The commentator said.

I punched my fist into the air from happiness before I hugged Mako and Bolin.

"Wow. We were really connecting out there in that ring," Mako told me as the two of us walked back go the locker rooms.

As usual, Bolin was busy getting cheered on by the audience.

"Yeah, you know, I feel like the two of us have been connecting really well out of the ring too," I said, feeling my face heat up.

"Um, sure," Mako said.

"So I was thinking we should spend some time together," I suggested, rubbing my arm.

"We've been spending lots of time together," Mako stated.

"I mean outside of the gym and not while searching for kidnapped family members or fighting chi-blockers," I said.

"I don't know. Asami and I are-" Mako began but I cut him off by walking up to him.

"Look, I really like you, and I think we were meant for eachother," I told him.

He sighed and turned away from me.

I suddenly felt embarrassed and the realisation of what I had said dawned over me.

"Korra, I'm really sorry, but I just don't feel the same way about you."

"Forget I ever said anything." I then walked over to my locker and took my bag out to leave.

The door to the locker room then opened and Asami and Aiya both walled in.

"Congratulations, guys, you were so amazing out there!" Asami said, kissing Mako's cheek.

I felt my blood boil at the sight.

After a couple of seconds, I looked away and my eyes met with Aiya.

She was looking at me again. And if looks could kill, I would be dead.

I quickly looked away and turned back to my locker.

I then heard Asami, Mako and Aiya walk out of the room, leaving Bolin and I alone.

"So, Korra, I was thinking you and me. We could go get some dinner together. Sort of a date situation," Bolin said, leaning against the wall.

"Oh, that's really sweet, but I don't think so. I don't feel very date-worthy," I told him, sitting down on one of the benches.

"Are you kidding me? You're the smartest, funniest, toughest, buff-est, talented-est, incredible-est girl in the world!" Bolin exclaimed.

I let out a small laugh.

"You really feel that way about me?" I asked.

"I felt that way since the moment I saw you. Trust me, I know we're going to have so much fun together," Bolin said, placing his hands on his hips.

"You know what? I could use some fun. Okay, sure," I said. I had to take my mind off Mako and I had a feeling that this was the best way to do it.

"Yes! Who's the luckiest guy in the world? Right here, Bolin!"

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

"So, how do you like it?" Bolin asked as the two of us ate my favourite dish, Water Tribe style noodles.

"It's delicious and totally authentic. Man, I didn't realise how much I missed Water Tribe grub," I told him.

"That's great, because this is my favourite joint. See, you love Water Tribe food, I love Water Tribe food. Just another reason we are so great together," Bolin said.

"They are good noodles. Hey, who's that creepy guy over there that keeps leering at us. And, wait, is that Asami's sister with him?" I said, squinting my eyes to get a better look.

The man with shoulder length black hair was sending Bolin and I a deadly look. I frowned before looking over at Aiya who was laughing with some girl.

"That's Tahno and the Wolf Bats. The reigning champs three years running," Bolin told me.

"Then why is Aiya hanging out with the enemy team. Isn't her dad supporting the Fire Ferrets?" I questioned, glaring back at Tahno.

"I don't know. But it doesn't matter. Just don't make eye contact," Bolin said.

I ignored him and watched as Tahno stood up and made his way over to us with his friends behind him.

"Uh oh, here he comes. Now don't mess with this guy. He's a nasty dude," Bolin told me.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the Fire Ferrets. Pro bending's saddest excuse for a team. Tell me, how did a couple of amateurs like you luck your way into the tournament? Especially you, Avatar," Tahno said.

I scoffed at his words.

Aiya then looked over at me, as if she was finally acknowledging my presence. The girl next to her whispered something into her ear, but Aiya shook her head at her.

"You know, if you'd like to learn how a real pro bends, I could give you some private lessons," Tahno told me.

I slowly stood up from my chair and looked up at him.

"You want to go toe-to-toe with me, pretty boy?" I challenged him.

"Go for it. I'll give you the first shot," Tahno said.

Bolin gave me a pleading look but I ignored him.

I was about to reply to Tahno's words when I saw Aiya step in between us.

"Just leave her be, Tahno," She said.

He turned to look at her before smirking.

"What? Are you best friends with the opposing team now? Don't forget the reason you hang around us, Miss. Sato," Tahno said.

"How about you don't forget who my father is. He can disqualify the Wolf Bats from the tournament if I ask him to," Aiya threatened.

Tahno narrowed his eyes at her.

"So, is there a problem?" She asked, looking up at him.

"No," He replied through gritted teeth.

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

After my date with Bolin, I returned to the arena and was met with Mako at the entrance.

I was about to walk past him when he stopped me.

"What kind of game are you playing?" He asked me.

"Uh, pro bending. We've got a quarterfinal match," I said, confused.

"No, I mean with Bolin. You got him all in a tizzy, and I know you're only using him to get back at me," Mako said.

"I'm not. We're just having fun together. What do you you care, anyway?" I asked.

"I'm looking out for my little brother. I don't want to see his heart get broken," Mako told me.

"Wait a second. You're not worried about him. You're jealous. You do have feelings for me," I said, smirking.

"What? Jealous? Don't be ridiculous!" He exclaimed.

"Admit it. You like me," I said, my smirk widening.

"No, I'm with Asami." Mako shook his head at me.

"Yeah, but when you're with her you're thinking about me, aren't you?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"Get over yourself," He told me.

"I'm just being honest." I shrugged.

"You're crazy!" He said.

"You're a liar!" I snapped back.

He glared at me before storming off into the building.

I let out an annoyed huff before following him to the locker room to get ready for our next match.

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

Aiya

I sat down in my seat with Mei by my side.

I had made her come watch the Fire Ferrets play, much to her reluctance.

Her brother was one of the benders for the Wolf Bats, so she didn't support the Fire Ferrets at all.

The first round of match began and to my surprise, the Fire Ferrets were losing. They had won every single match so far, but now everything seemed to be falling apart.

I watch as Bolin flew backwards and Korra crashed right into Mako, knocking him to the ground.

"Round one goes to the Boar-Q-Pines!" The commentator shouted.

"What are they doing?" I mumbled to myself.

I then felt Mei grab my hand and I looked over at her. She gave me a small smile before looking back at the ring.

Mei was my girlfriend, or that's what I thought atleast. We had kissed a couple of times and been on many dates, but we weren't exactly official.

I let out a small sigh of relief when the Fire Ferrets won round two due to Bolin.

"Round three is a tie! We go to a tie breaker to decide the match," The commentator called out as both teams fell to the ground.

The referee threw the coin into the air and it landed on the red side.

"The Fire Ferrets win the coin toss. Which element do you choose?" The referee asked.

I saw Mako and Bolin talk to eachother and after a few seconds, Bolin walked forward.

"We choose earth," Bolin called out.

The earthbender from the other team stepped forward and the platform rose into the air.

The bell rang out and the two began to fight. It seemed like the earthbender from the other team had the upper hand as he knocked Bolin backwards.

However, Bolin quickly earthbent two rocks at him and the guy fell backwards into the water below the ring.

"The Future Industries Fire Ferrets win their quarterfinal match!"

I jumped out of my seat and began to cheer for them.

Mei simply rolled her eyes at me but clapped along.

After the cheering ended, Mei stood up and I turned to her.

"Do you want to go grab some dinner later?" I asked her.

"I would love to, but I can't. I have a meeting I have to attend," Mei replied.

I felt suspicious about her having a meeting so late. I knew I should've trust her, but I couldn't help but wonder if she was going to an Equalist meeting.

I've heard that she was involved with them in the past, but she was a different person now and I tried to not think of her background.

"No, it's okay. But will you atleast come watch the final in a few days?" I asked her, shaking my thoughts away.

"Of course, but I'll be cheering for the Wolf Bats," She said.

I rolled my eyes at her with a small smile before the two of us parted ways.

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

A/N

I wasn't going to update today but I was in a good mood so I thought, why not?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and thank you for reading.

~Daria <3

Votes and comments are greatly appreciated.

18/02/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 447 9
You are Bolin's twin and the youngest sibling by 13 minutes. Somehow you got the fire bender gene while your twin got the earth bending one. Your bro...
5.5K 395 11
- 𝘞𝘈𝘙 𝘖𝘍 𝘏𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘛𝘚 - 𝗦𝗼𝗿𝗮 𝗧𝗮𝗸𝘀𝗵𝗶 has never had an easy life. Since she was born her life has been difficult. From the disappearanc...
1M 30.9K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...
226K 6.7K 65
Eziri is the second child and eldest daughter of Ozai and Ursa; Princess of the Fire Nation, the embodiment of perfection. Or...at least she was. Wh...