Adventures In Nekoma High ||...

By ssabinaayu

What you look at that, Himura Sara joined the team as the manager of the volleyball boys' team. I wonder, did... More

Chapter 1 : Himurran
Chapter 2 : First Love
Chapter 3 : The Chaos Begins
Chapters 4 : Toms and Mollies
Chapter 5 : Bushes
Chapter 6 : Strawberry Blonde
Chapter 7 : Laser Pointer
Chapter 8 : Sara-chan
Chapter 9 : Romance
Chapter 10 : Cats and Owls
Chapter 11 : Star and Tiger
Chapter 12 : Blue Heaven
Chapter 13 : Water Bottle
Chapter 14 : Sudden Surprise
Chapter 15 : Seventeen
Chapter 16 : Bullet
Chapter 17 : Crush
Chapter 18 : Foxes and a Cat
Chapter 19 : Train Station
Chapter 20 : Here Comes The Owls
Chapter 21 : Mollies and Hens
Chapter 22 : Comedy Gold
Chapter 23 : Kuroo's Demonic Hair
Chapter 24 : Ordinary
Chapter 25 : Sister's Video
Chapter 26 : Fire Flower
Chapter 27 : Apple and Pudding
Chapter 28 : An Awkward Duet
Chapter 29 : Girls Likes Girls
Chapter 30 : Watermelons
Chapter 31 : Crows vs Cats
Chapter 32 : 決戦スピリッツ
Chapter 33 : フラレガイガール
Chapter 34 : Summer of Evolution
Chapter 35 : BBQ
Chapter 36 : What Happened During the Trip
Chapter 37 : Obvious ♡
Chapter 38 : Magazine
Chapter 39 : Stupid With Love ♡
Chapter 40 : The Diddly Bops
Chapter 41 : Neko Stroll
Chapter 42 : Dog and Chestnut ♡
Chapter 43 : Catnip
Chapter 44 : Plant Kingdom
Chapter 45 : Ai-Ai Gasa ♡
Chapter 46 : Swell ♡
Chapter 47 : Love Spring ♡
Chapter 48 : Transported To Another World
Chapter 49 : Supernatural
Chapter 50 : Flashlight ♡
Chapter 51 : Sugar Songs to Bitter Step
Chapter 52 : Be With You
Chapter 53 : Cotton Candy Skies ♡
Chapter 54 : A Trip Before The Fight
Chapter 55 : Cats of Kyoto
Chapter 56 : Double Trouble
Chapter 57 : Owls and Cats
Chapter 58 : Dancing Cats
Chapter 59 : Wildcats
Chapter 60 : Two Oruguitas ♥
Chapter 61 : Cheer like a Cheerleader
Chapter 62 : Sports Festival ①
Chapter 63 : Sports Festival ②
Chapter 64 : Sports Festival ③
Chapter 65 : One-Sided Love ♡
Chapter 66 : Cats on Ice
Chapter 67 : Invitation ♡
Chapter 68 : Them's The Break, Kid
Chapter 69 : Date ♥
Chapter 70 : The Start
Chapter 71 : Nationals
Chapter 72 : Day 1
Chapter 73 : Cats vs Monkeys
Chapter 75 : Never Meant To Know
Chapter 76 : Lose Knots
Chapter 77 : The End of a Battle
Chapter 78 : Two Wuv
Chapter 79 : Sisters

Chapter 74 : Banana Man

10 2 0
By ssabinaayu

"HIMURAA-SAAAN!!!" Akahana sprinted through the crowd just to embrace her favorite senpai. Himura could only let out a small sigh and hugged her back. She knew how it must've felt to sit back and just watch it all almost crumbling down to the ground. She even noticed how she actually cried. When the blonde let go, both of them noticed the big stains from the tears on her chest. "Oops...sorry." The younger girl cried. Himura just sighed and shrugged it off. "It's fine." She could always wear her hoodie since they were done with their business.

Looking out to the spacious court. There were the coaches and the teams shaking hands and bowing to one another. She wondered what the coaches were talking about.

Buzz!

"Looks like a call." Akahana pointed out.

Himura pulled her phone out from her pocket and it was from Naomi. Wait, Naomi? That was odd.

"Hello? Himura-chan??" The voice spoke through the line. Yep. It was the fellow brunette herself. "Yes." She answered.

"Ah! Congratulations on winning the match. Akabane has been very vocal about Kozume lately."

When Yaku stepped outside the court, he spotted the managers from the distance. Akahana was wiping her nose and Himura was on a call. So naturally, he went to the younger blonde.

Tapping her shoulder, Yaku was even surprised when he saw how frightened she was by it. "Whoa, you're more jumpy unlike usual, Akahana-chan." He giggled at how cute it was. Akahana only made a small squeaking noise before turning red as a tomato, "S-sorry there, Yaku-san! I-it's just...there are so many people out here and we won and--" She was basically spitting out everything she had to say. Yaku found quite endearing. She was like some sort of surrogate daughter just by how he treated her.

"Akahana-chan! Akahana-chan! Did you see that, did you see how awesome I looked?" Lev suddenly appeared behind the libero. His team blue eyes sparkling.

She could only laugh at how ridiculous his wording was and how annoyed Yaku was with his sudden appearance. "Sure, I guess." Akahana left a dry reply. A small chuckle escaped from the third year before noticing her other half still in a call.

"Hey, Himura has been on her phone for a while now." Said Yaku.

Akahana bummed before remembering. "Oh! Kuze-senpai is calling her."

"Ah..." Yaku's smile started to fade. "I see."

~~~~~~

"You seemed pretty mad about something in the middle of the match." Kai pointed out.

Even Taketora agreed. "Your personality does a total 180 when you're tired." he retorted before continuing, "Isn't that a bit too much..."

"Here, have a banana." Kuroo offered.

Kenma took the yellow fruit before forcibly munching on it with a frustrated face. "Is it weird that or something to work hard for your friends?! Is it weird for me to do it?!" He yelled on top of his lungs, louder than he usually does.

Everyone were shocked to the core. The expressionless, sarcastic, and frankly sometimes rude Kenma became someone who was the complete opposite. Rest of the second years couldn't help themselves to release the tears to the pudding head. Even Himura, who Kenma could relate and find very similar to, bawled at the scene with the others.

"KYANMAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!" The tiger shrieked. Spooking him instantly.

The three suddenly circled around the poor boy, blocking him off all potential exits.

"The heck?!" He screamed. "Don't come any closer."

"C'mere!" Taketora opened his arms with Himura and Fukunaga copying him.

"Fukunaga, Himura-chan, not you too!"

"Oh! Banana!"

~~~~~~

"And the crowd at Tokyo Gymnasium is shaken with surprise...!! What an incredible response to 'Right here, right now' high speed attack from the Miya brothers,"

"Shown to us by..."

The corners of Kenma's turned upwards as he created a small smirk.

Kuroo was impressed at best.

Nekomata could only smile longingly as he watched the crows running to their duo and creating a great big pile of boys in the middle of the court.

"The Karasuno first year combo!! And Karasuno is the one to ultimately conquer the showdown that has been the fiercest matches!"

Akahana couldn't help but to gasp so loud that everyone around her was spooked.

At school, Hikaru stood up from her spot and squealed so loud that the other girls couldn't hear what was playing on the TV.

"Hika-chan! You screamed too loud!!" Keiko complained.

"Yeah, quiet down, Yukimura!" Hoshiko grimaced.

"O-oh right, sorry!" The ravenette blushed.

Himura could only watch as Kita departed from the court and disappeared into the stadium. She wanted to give him her full support as his closest friend but Karasuno was more important to the team.

She turned around and found the team already left without her. She quickly packed her bags and sprinted her way up the stairs to find the team.

The crowd was busier than before. Himura tried her best to squeeze through with her might. Taking quick turns to whoever she spotted from the team stood out from all the people. She might've followed her intuition of their distinctive smell of sweat but when the whole place smells like it, it was a bit too hard.

A big burden on her arm suddenly lightened. Himura quickly looked down and found her bottle dropped on the ground. Hurriedly, she tried to pick it up but somebody took it?!

Her breath stopped for a second before looking at the culprit. Her breath came back but it was only replaced with a strong blush on her cheeks.

It was Fukunaga.

Himura couldn't process it all at once. She could be losing the team's track but with Fukunaga, she may be could find them. But she felt a lot of weight has been lifted. Looking to the maneki-neko beside her, he was holding some of the heavier things she was bringing like the big water bottle and box lunches of snacks for Akahana and Inuoka. She was trying to take it back but he insisted by holding her wrist.

Then, he held her small hand in his before intertwining their fingers together and led the way to the team.

This could be the only time where Himura could feel outsmarted by someone for the first time. He knew how to make her feel flustered. 'Damn it.' She forgot how they were together.

Pushing through the crowd, Himura could only see the back of his head. It may be a plain sight to see but for her, it was the one she longed for.

~~~~~~

Packing up their things, the girls finally could have the day ended with the victories of their friends. It was frustrating to see their boys fumble a couple of times but seeing them climb up the ladder to achieve it again was something else.

Aiko watched as the girls tidying up the gym whereas the rest of the third years only walked away with their goodbyes. Seeing how hard they worked for it to happen. Hoshiko helping Fumi and Keiko with lifting some of the heavier equipment. Emika giving instructions where to put it. Chou and Hikaru setting down the net. Everything seemed different yet so normal at the same time.

"Man, I wish we could be there in person." Naomi said her outcry.

"But aren't we?" Aiko questioned.

Naomi sighed heavily and crossed her arms, "I meant playing there. I wanna show off to my brothers, girl!"

"But hey, look at the bright sude," Makoto shoved her elbow against the brunette. "You can support Yakkun. Ain't that right, Fuji?"

Her expression soon turned sour.

"Huh?" Aiko noticed. "What's wrong, Kuze?"

"N-nothing!!" Naomi stammered, her face redder than they have ever seen before.

"You sure?" Aiko persistently asked.

"Y-yes! Of course!"

"Are you really really sure, sweetheart?" Makoto broke through her facade.

Naomi wanted to scream but she couldn't and fell to the ground.

"W-wh-whoa, Kuze, are you okay?!!?" Aiko screamed in fear as she tried to get her to stand back up but it was no use, Naomi was too weak willed. "Aoike!! What the heck happened?!" The tall girl frantically asked her friend. Makoto took a quick look at the shorter one and concluded, "Did you broke up with Yakkun, Kuze?"

An awkward silence filled the area before Naomi started bawling her eyes out non-stop. "Of course not, you Blue Heaven!!" She bawled. Aiko glared nicely at the navy haired girl only to receive a slight sorry expression from her.

"Then...what happened?" Aiko asked.

Naomi wiped her tears away before blowing her nose on a tissue, "We got into an argument after Christmas. We haven't talk since then." She sat on the sidewalk and hugged her legs close. "It's my fault. I was the one who initiated him to spend it at my place. He's still mad at me, I'm sure about that."

"That's the reason?!"

Yaku could only drop a bead of sweat on his cheek. He was ashamed admitting it to the girls about this. Kuroo nor Kai knew about this, he was afraid what they'll do to him if they knew. He could frowned upon or even killed if they found out he made his girlfriend mad at him.

"Well, what on earth happened during Christmas anyway?" Akahana begged the question both of them were trying to get out of the libero. They were so confused. How could this, very loving couple who aren't afraid to show their affections, be fighting so long?

Yaku hoped they didn't have to ask that. He didn't want to relive that day again. It was not his best moment.

"We fought over about how uncomfortable I was feeling..."

A lot of things are going to be happening in the next chapters, so thank you very much for sticking around! (^з^)-☆ちゅ!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508K 17.4K 28
accepting coach nekomata's invitation to be the manager for the boys volleyball team wouldn't have been so stressful if you were aware of your charmi...
3.4K 229 17
❝𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬!❞ in which sugiyama nanako signs up to be nekoma high's boys volleyball club's team manager after movin...
71.8K 1.2K 15
Haikyuu x Reader ◈~ Y/n L/n is a second year at Karasuno High School. She's an amusing and kind person but when it comes to school, she's very antiso...
125K 4.1K 58
Akari Ukai promised herself she was to never play volleyball again. Yet when her older brother Keishin Ukai injures himself, she must take the respon...