the perfect pair | PABLO GAVI

By fcestx

โ˜† ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ two futbol players, same club, same number; start everything off on the wrong foot onl... More

cast
[1] dates? since when?
[2] "no interest"
[3] don't tell xavi
[4] you're texting-
[5] ballon d'Or prep
[6] posts
[7] can tonight night be over?
[8] disaster
[9] far from home
[10] he was right
[11] don't even
[12] interviews
[13] new beginnings
A/N
[14] day 'n' nite
[15] wrong number
[16] what last night caused
[17] realization of it all
[18] post
[19] shouldn't have called
[20] stop fucking up
[21] moonlight on the river
[22] with you in the crowd
[23] mastermind
[24] posts
[25] need you
[26] birthday bash
[27] posts
[28] super copa 1
[30] posts
[31] promo video
[32] gold rush
[33] the perfect pair
- end -
bonus
A/N
A/N

[29] super copa 2

4.9K 115 45
By fcestx

Y/N's POV

it had been hours since lunch.

both teams are about to come out while we're already in the stands with the rest of the crowd whose voices fill the stadium. "i'm gonna use the bathroom just one more time-"

i grab sira by her wrist and sit her back down the second the fireworks go off.

"it's starting and it's your third time! not happening." poor sira, i know she's anxious but maybe the opening will sooth her.

we clap for everyone as both teams go down a line, shaking hands with the opposing team and refs.

"well, here we go." just as anna says that, the whistle blows and the game begins. "wait i have a question." although all my attention is now on the game, sira pulls me out of it. "doesn't this make you a wag? but you also play so does that make him something?"

"who cares what it makes him, let her have this!"

i think both mikky and sira have good points.

i personally couldn't care what it makes me me but i can't lie and say i don't enjoy wearing his jersey and going to his games. this time i have the home kit on and nothing has felt more right.

it's been thirty minutes, we've definitely attempted many shots, but so have real.

neither of us even making one.

the crowd starts clapping and chanting but it's really hard to tell a word they're saying. everyone sighs while i'm still at the edge of my seat. i'm only even more now after i realize what's happening. mendy receives a yellow for pushing dembélé and it's pedri's free kick until the ref has to stop the ball to help out a player.

it isn't until we start back up and busquets makes a pass to lewandowski who passes it to gavi.

the ball is his and it's a perfect shot.

i jump out of my seat and i start cheering like i never have before. he quickly got up after he realized he made it in and started celebrating in the corner of the field until he quickly gets away from everyone and with the energy he still has, he starts sprinting over to our section. "HE'S COMING TO SEE YOU!" sira starts shaking me aggressively before i lean closer to the railing and although he can't get off the field, he blows a kiss and does one of my own celebrations. "did he just-"

"HE DEDICATED THAT GOAL TO YOU!" by now he's going back and i'm still smiling to the point where my cheeks are in so much pain.

the game resumes and we're sat back down as sira is showing me the video she took between us.

mikky starts tapping me and shows me her phone.

"why are you watching on your phone if the game is right in front of-"

"that way i can hear the things the commentators are saying about you and that jersey, that goal he dedicated, it's so good i can't help but listen." i can only imagine. i laugh at her and realize we have around three minutes left of the first half.

before the game, we asked if we could go down to the locker room during halftime and surprisingly, xavi went along with it.

he was definitely in a good mood.

turning away from mikky, i didn't realize frenkie had the ball and kicked it to gavi who was running with it so i was out my seat again and i can see him kick it to lewandowski who's not near anyone just to earn gavi an assist and for lewandowski to make another goal for barça. "VAMOS!" we all start yelling and they're back in the same corner celebrating.

from here i can see the stress on real madrid's faces before the whistle is blown. "that's our queue, come on."

coral gets us out of our seats and we run down the stairs before we show the security our badge to lead us to where the team is going.

as we're going down, the ac is on all the way.

i just know natalia is enjoying this, but i'm freezing even with the long sleeve i opted to put on. to my right, sira is also rubbing her arms even with her long sleeves.

the door is opened for us and everyone immediately looks in our direction.

i don't even have to look for gavi cuz he got to me before i could get to him. "mi amor! how'd you get xavi to let you guys come down here?!" he brings me into a hug like he doesn't wanna let go. but i think he remembered he has me here now so he takes his chance and kisses me on every spot of my face.

i couldn't even name one he missed.

"doesn't matter. estás haciendo increíble!"

words aren't coming to me as fast as they should to describe what he's doing out there but it's so clear he's playing with everything he has in him and i can only hope he's just as proud of himself as i am.

i move to his side when i feel someone behind me. "she's right. you're killing it, man." it's balde and he's congratulating him but i can't help but notice him eyeing us down.

it's no bother to me, though.

i'm by gavi's side, that says enough.

we start talking for a bit when he brings us to sit on the bench until someone calls, asking for all players to head back out, guests as well.

i'm surprised it's not xavi kicking us out, but i better leave before he really does. "i have to go." i look at the door and back at him where everyone is slowly making their way out. "i can't wait for this to be over so i can spend it with you." he leans me toward him and kisses me on my forehead. "me too, gavi. keep this up, okay?"

"just for you i will."

and that promise he made xavi, that's for sure.

we're at the 68 minute mark when lewandowski is running with the ball, with yet again another pass to gavi, and just as before, he assists pedri with the third goal.

my hands immediately go up to my mouth because i've never seen him play like this.

they celebrate right in front of us and i can't help but focus on pedri's celebration everyone knows and loves. unfortunately, an offside is being looked into but from what i saw, theres nothing to look at.

this makes us 3-0.

we definitely have this in the bag, but just after that goal, real madrid really starts going at it, trying to make every shot they can. but i doubt anything will happen within these twenty minutes and the way stegen is blocking.

we continue watching until i start squinting to the point where i can see the way cebellos gets ahead of himself and starts something with gavi. "he pulled his hair." i whisper after what was once blurry, becomes very clear. "what the fuck?!" everyone must've heard me.

he had no intention doing that. his frustration shouldn't have gotten to him, it was immature.

everyone is trying to get a ahold of gavi before he makes an even bigger problem of the situation while the much older players come to his defense. gavi is signaling a card, and it humored me the way he called cebellos a crybaby.

the stadium is going insane.

lots of mixed emotions. but mines are certain because we just won 3-1 even after the last minute goal benzema made, seconds even.

the whistle blows even though everyone on the bench below was already celebrating.

gavi and raphinha run out to everyone else and they all huddle up and start jumping in excitement. my heart melts the second i see xavi go out and the first person he goes to congratulate is gavi. though, he starts walking to receive his trophy for the motm which he looks more than happy with himself with.

i can't help but snap so many pics from where i am.

they're already setting up for the ceremony and i can't wait to go down there as soon as it's over.

the lights start to dim and theres a giant replica of the cup out on the field as everyone is already in lines of their own.

real madrid gets presented with their medals first, they're not very happy but not much you can do there.

barça gets announced and everyone goes across the stage, getting their gold medals and by now we're all recording with our shaky hands because we still can't believe it. especially not sira and i who are clutching hands.

everyone gathers to the main podium as busquets is finally presented with the cup itself. he approaches the team slowly until he lifts it and everyone starts celebrating. not only that, but so many flashes from up close are going off. even from here, you can hear them as clear as day when they yell: "CAMPEONES, CAMPEONES, CAMPEONES!"

the lights go darker and el chant del barça starts playing to which i can hear everyone yelling: "BARCA, BARCA, BARCA!" this team really is nothing but a home to many.

everyone eventually gets a chance to lift the cup until someone from management comes up to us.

"you all accompany the players, correct?"

we nod and he tells us to follow him down now that the main celebration is over. we gather our things without thinking twice and start sprinting down the tunnel from inside before we step onto the grass and start clapping for them so maybe they get a little hint we're around.

while people like pedri start looking for his family, i'm on my own little adventure for gavi. it doesn't take me long, though. his 30 is really noticeable.

i sneak up behind him and cover his eyes. but i couldn't be more obvious.

he turns around with the biggest smile i've ever seen him have and he doesn't wait to pick me up and spin me around. "i'm so proud of you!" i tell him while he's still this close to me before he places me back down. "nunca ha estado tan feliz!"

that's all i've wanted to hear from him.

i move his hair to the side before kissing his cheek. we didn't even realize a photographer coming up to us. "les gustarían una foto con la copa juntos?"

i've never seen gavi agree to anything as fast as he just did. just in time too, because koundé was right behind us and had no problem handing it to us. gavi brings me closer to him by the waist. i hear a few clicks, but for the last one, he snuck in a kiss on my cheek before he handed it back to the nearest player and we thanked the photographer.

i go up behind him and jump on his back, "estoy cansado, mi amor!" although he's whining, he holds me up.

"don't care, you can rest on the plane ride that i'll be on." if he could snap to look at me dead in the eyes, he would. "seriously?!" i hum in response and he clutches me a little harder. "ow!"

"discúlpame, got too excited there."

i'm waiting for gavi to change out of his jersey. he doesn't take too long when he comes out in the champions shirt everyone else has on and i have to hurry him myself because no one else will. "what's the rush?!" he asks from behind me before we enter a room and his manager is there with us. "they already need you for an interview."

his face goes pale and i can see the way his jaw clenches as soon as i say that.

"siempre haces esto, no te preocupes." i get closer to him and cup his face to look at me. "it'll be over really quick, i promise."

"she's right. solo son unas preguntas y después ya tenemos que ir." the bus to take us to the airport must already be in the front. he shakes his head and i go to grab him a water as his manager tells him the basics and what to expect. "i'm gonna go sit in the-"

"por favor no me dejes."

the thing about gavi, he gets really nervous for interviews especially when theres a crowd. i don't blame him at all. these people expect a well answered response but he's only a teenager so i really don't know what more they expect from him.

even now, cameras are still recording us from in here so it's really not helping his case.

"i'll be in the crowd, okay?"

i doubt that helped but i kiss him before heading out and taking a seat all the way in the back to where he comes out moments after.

as soon as he sits down, he starts scanning the room before his eyes land on mine. i softly smile at him and he tries his best to return it before the first spokes person basically asks how much it means to him to receive his first major title. he gives a short ended response to which he immediately looks to me to see if it was alright.

i nod firmly so it really gets the message through before another one of them asks what he thinks of xavi calling him a heart with legs and how he feels about himself.

i thought that was kinda sweet.

he again gives a short response but i don't know what these people expect from him if they're giving him the same question in a different format.

two more interviews ask something before he's dismissed.

that just means it's also my queue to get up and go back into the room we were just in.

"wasn't so bad, was it?"

"worse actually." the good thing is, we're finally being led to the buses that'll take us to the airport. not much of the team is on there when we get on.

gavi has my hand in his as we make it all the way to the back where he gives me the window seat before plopping into the one right next to me. "it's over, you can rest now." i rub my thumb on his cheek and he turns to me. "thank you for tonight."

we hadn't realized everyone was already on and we were leaving.

it was a little hard from the crowd though.

"what exactly are you thanking me for?" and where is this coming from? "i really couldn't have done it if you weren't here."

i doubt that. "of course you would've."

he shakes his head, anyways. "no, no i wouldn't have. i did it all for you and i'm glad i did. just goes to show cuanto te adoro."

"i bet."

just cuz i didn't want my baes to wait

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 93 9
"Is this the end?" "No mi amor, it's not even close to that" They say you never fully get over your first love, that apart of your heart will always...
28.8K 542 19
ห–โบโ€งโ‚Šหšโ™กหšโ‚Šโ€งโบห– "๐—ถ'๐—บ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ท๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜๐˜†๐—ฝ๐—ฒ!" "๐—ผ๐—ต ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ต?" "๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ต." ห–โบโ€งโ‚Šหšโ™กหšโ‚Šโ€งโบห– ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ...
105K 955 54
y/n a completely normal girl, goes to visit her cousins in barcelona. her best friends obsession with a young futbol player, pablo gavi, leads them t...
46.1K 584 30
๐†๐—ผ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐ข๐—บ ๐ญ๐—ผ ๐ฅ๐—ผ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐ข๐—บ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐—ผ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ? - started: 5/11/23 #2 barcelona 25/11/23 #1...