Imperfect Fit

By LJRae0328

A jilted, curvy accountant joins a gym on a journey of self-love. The last thing she plans for is to fall for... More

✨A/N and Playlist✨
Chapter 1-First Crack of Dawn
Chapter 2-She's Not A Fan
Chapter 3-How They Fire Each Other Up
Chapter 4- Office Politics
Chapter 5-Meddling Friends
Chapter 6-Blind Dates
Chapter 7-Steamy Encounter
Chapter 8-Bonding Moments
Chapter 10-Wedding Drama & Dancing
Chapter 11-The First Kiss (Almost)
Chapter 12-Overreaction Reaction
Chapter 13- Purging and Confessions
Chapter 14-Hard To Swallow
Chapter 15-The Real First Kiss
Chapter 16-Just Once
Chapter 17- Aftercare
Chapter 18-Goldstar Treatment
Chapter 19-Heartache, Whisky and Ice
Chapter 20-Hard Realities
Chapter 21-Number One Fan
Chapter 22-Their First Couple's Fight
Chapter 23-She Finds Out
Chapter 24-Cracks Begin To Show
Chapter 25-Cracks Become Chasms
Chapter 26-Good Things Fall Apart
Chapter 27-Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do
Chapter 28 - Just You
Epilogue

Chapter 9- Jealousy and Cake

6.3K 310 165
By LJRae0328

Song for Chapter: Mr. Brightside ~ The Killers

SAGE

"Is that a smile, Boss?"

My eyes shoot up to Frank, another trainer, after I walk in through the gym doors. I'm a little late today because it's Obie's birthday and it's tradition that I make his favorite breakfast. 

Apparently, my good mood is now showing.

"I haven't seen you smile since..." He stops, face screwed up in deep concentration. "Actually, I don't think I've ever seen you smile, Boss."

Riley laughs, handing me a stack of mail. "He has a point, Boss. A smirk? Sure, all the time. Tight lipped pout? Too many to count. Scowling with annoyance—"

"I got it." Glaring at her, she clamps her mouth shut, trying to hide her smile.

"Why aren't you with your cadets?" I ask Frank.

"I'm having them take a run al fresco. They should be back any minute now." He checks his watch just before the doors swing open. Enrique and another participant, Jake, both come in huffing and puffing, faces flushed.

Enrique bends down, holding on to his knees, gasping. "Did we make it?"

"I told them they'd have to make it back by a certain time or I'd make them do a hundred burpees to finish out today's session." Frank grins at me before turning towards Enrique. "You made it with just under ten seconds to spare, Quique."

"Oh, thank God!" Enrique collapses on the floor.

Frank chuckles, turning to face me. "You'll be happy to know your girls have been doing just fine without you. A few of the guys have been very helpful with technique and form. In fact, I think they'd be fine without you, Boss." He wiggles his eyebrows while mine cave in, searching for Oli and Joanna.

I find Oli first, doing walking lunges while a regular gym member, Ryan, coaches her along it seems. And then Joanna's loud laugh calls out to me. It's one of those infectious laughs that either make you smile or join in with her. She sets down a pair of heavy free weights after completing a set of RDL's.

She's not wearing her usual sweats and oversized shirt today, instead she's dressed in black leggings and even from my distance it's undeniable how they accentuate her round ass.

The snug, bright pink long sleeve crop top, draws my eyes to her midsection. This is the most exposed she's been in the gym—well, other than the steam room incident, but no one saw her except me...and Gary.

I'd be lying if the enticing image outside the steam room didn't live in my mind these past few days. But right now, it seems like everyone is noticing her; and by everyone I mean a group of weight lifters who are known to admire their reflections more than anything.

Except today they found something else to appreciate.

"Take my things to my office, Riley." Dropping my bag, and the stack of mail, I march toward Joanna and her groupies.

"Sure thing, Boss." Riley calls out.

"Hey, Coach!" Oli greets me. I grunt in response, fixated on the way every single one of those fuckers' eyes follow the recoil of Joanna's ass doing weighted bar squats. Her form is near perfect for a beginner but as I get closer, I discover the main reason for her new following. The material of her leggings stretches as she bends down, giving everyone a tantalizing view.

Her leggings are fucking see through.

"Joanna!"

Her eyes meet mine in the mirror and she smiles. My steps falter seeing her face light up. Grumbling, I focus my glare on the men and they begin to scatter like cockroaches.

"Good morning, Coach!" Joanna turns after setting the bar on the rack, face glowing and breathless. "How was breakfast with Obie?"

On the verge of exploding, I close my gaping mouth, pausing to collect myself. "I...It...It was fine. Good. Great. He loves chocolate chip pancakes," I state, absentmindedly.

She smiles again. "With whip cream?" My eyes linger on the way she licks her lips. Is she doing that on purpose?

"Because that's how I eat chocolate chip pancakes."

I nod my head. "Yes...he does too."

"Oli and I wanted to give him something. Hope that's okay? If not, she'll just keep it." She laughs, beckoning Oli over.

Oli approaches us with a small travel size cooler. "Coach, I'm going to choose not to take you ignoring me earlier personally."

"When did he ignore you?" Joanna asks, looking between us.

"I didn't ignore you." My grunt was an acknowledgement.

Oli scoffs. "Pfft. Yeah, okay. Anyways, we got Obie something. Now, it's not for everyone. It's either a you love it or hate it type of thing." She sets the cooler down and opens it, pulling out a small clear food container with what looks like cake. There's a thick layer of cream-like frosting topped with peaches, strawberries and flakes of chocolate.

"It's a tres leches cake." Joanna announces. "Have you had it before?"

I shake my head, continuing to observe it. "Is that milk at the bottom?"

"Tres leches, literally translates to three milks," Oli says and Joanna nods.

"It's a sponge-like cake and yes it is soaked in three different milks. It's so good! Maybe Obie will share some with you." Joanna grins at me.

"Thank you—both of you. That was really nice of you ladies to think of him. I'm sure he'll love it."

"Make a video of him taking his first bite." Oli demands. "Then send it to me. I want to make sure you don't eat it before he gets a chance."

I roll my eyes, but the corner of my mouth lifts despite my efforts to not smile. "Sure. So, what's left of your workout?"

"I've got RDL's and goblet squats," Oli responds.

"I have two sets left of weighted squats and then walking lunges," Joanna says.

"Alright, get to it, I'll be right back. I'm going to put this in the fridge." They nod and start to turn away, but I set the cake down on a bench next to me. "Joanna."

She turns around, approaching with her hands on her hips. "Yes, Coach?"

I take my zip up jacket off. "Put this on."

"Excuse me?" She crosses her arms.

"I noticed your group of fans earlier."

"Fans? Are you serious?" Her cheeks flame matching the fire in her eyes. "Who do you—"

I swing the jacket around her, tying the sleeves at her waist, bringing her closer to me with each tug. She gasps, uncrossing her arms, her mouth parting when I lean in. "Your leggings are completely see through. And frankly, I can't blame them for enjoying the view. But..." I pull on the sleeves again, her soft breath taunts my lips. "Unless you want me to send several men who have been loyal customers for years to the hospital, don't take this off until you're finished."

Her large brown eyes look straight into mine and then she blinks with her soft reply. "Yes, Coach."

"Good, girl." Satisfied, I turn away, picking up the cake and head to the office with a smile on my face.

___________

"So...like the cake is soggy?" Obie leans in observing the dessert closely, his nose wrinkling.

"It looks like it." I lean in on the other side of the counter, sliding a fork towards him. "It's a Mexican dessert."

"And the girls you're training...Jolie—"

"Oli." I correct him.

"Oli and Joanna got it for me?" He picks up the container and sniffs the cake.

"Yeah and they want me to record you eating it."

"That's weird."

"Girls can be weird."

"I think it's just the girls you know, Dad," he says, picking up the fork. I pull my phone out, ready to record when Obie stops.

"Wait, what if I don't like it?"

"Then just say it's not for you. They specifically said you will either love it or you won't." I explain as he keeps eyeing the cake.

"Okay, I'm recording you."

"Hi." He waves at the camera. "Thanks for the cake. It was really nice of you girls—er, women? Ladies...to get it for me." He rolls his eyes at himself while I chuckle watching him through my phone. He turns the box, slides it to himself and then looks at me. "Are you going to try it with me?"

"You go first."

He narrows his eyes at me. Taking a piece off the corner, he makes sure to get some of the fruit on top. His eyebrows rise as he nods while chewing and then he grins. "It's good. Really good. You're going to love it because it's not too sugary, Dad. Here." He slides the container over to me and he takes my phone to record me taking a bite now, too.

It's definitely not the texture I'm used to for cake, but it works with the light cream and the fruit mixed together. I also taste a hint of cinnamon.

"It's delicious."

"Told you," Obie says as I take another bite. He flips the camera to him. "Thanks, guys, I really like it a lot. So, I have to ask, are either of you single?"

My head snaps up to Obie. He's already backing out of the kitchen as I set my fork down.

"Obie."

"See, my dad needs to go out, but to be honest." He leans in whispering. "I think he's a little afraid of girls. But lately he's been telling me how much he likes training you two and says you're both really funny. And the way I see it—" He laughs as I reach for him, and dodges me. "If you can make him laugh then you're already ahead of the game. You guys probably can tell he's a little grumpy."

"Obie!"

"But my dad's the best. You already know he's good with kids, because...me, obviously." He yelps when my fingers grasp his shirt, but he twists out of my hold. "And he owns his own business, so you know he's kind of mature and good with money."

"Enough, Obie."

"He's really good at taking care of people he loves. His cooking could use some help though, but it's passable. But now he needs someone who can take care of him, you see, I won't be living at home forever. Even though, I think that's more common nowadays." He runs to the kitchen again, sliding into the fridge. "Oomph!" He shakes his head after the crash.

"Aaahh!" He looks up, screaming as I close in on him, but he scurries away at the last second.

"He's an Aries rising—" He shouts, running into the bathroom and slams the door behind him.

I pound on the door. "Obie, that's enough!"

The door opens a few seconds later and he hands me my phone with a satisfied grin on his face. "Too late. I already sent it to them." I groan, grabbing my phone, hoping he's joking. But he's not.

And then a message pops up from Oli.

Oli: Aaayy! I knew he'd like it.*clapping hands emoji*

Oli: *smirking emoji* Coach, if you wanted to ask me out, you didn't have to have your son do it!

Joanna: OMG!!! Obie is so cute! I love his curly hair! *emoji with heart eyes*

Joanna: Bahaha! That's the sweetest thing that he's trying to find you girl, Coach!

Me: Please ignore him.

Oli: You're no fun.

Joanna: You're just realizing this, cuz?!

Joanna: Just kidding, Coach! *winking face emoji*

Me: I'm going to show you both how fun I can be tomorrow morning.

Oli: Normally, I would like this type of response, but coming from you? *rolling eyes emoji* You know what? I ain't feeling too hot. Think I may be coming down with something. Have fun, JoJo!

Joanna: You're the one who said he wasn't any fun, this is your fault Oli!!!

Me: Get some rest ladies. You're going to need it. *smirking emoji*

Oli: Buenas noches, Coach!

Joanna: Night Coach!

"What'd they say?" Obie asks through a mouthful of cake. I glance over at him as he takes the last bite of cake. "You can thank me now."

I snort, shaking my head. "Damn, you didn't save any for me."

"You snooze, you lose, Dad." He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand after throwing the container in the garbage.

"Joanna says you're cute."

"Really?" He perks up. I chuckle, ruffling his hair.

"Go shower and get ready for bed."

"Okay, but can I meet them?"

"We'll see." I push the sudden thought that comes to mind away. Not a good idea.

My phone rings and I glance at the unknown number, debating if I should answer it or send it to voicemail. But my good mood has me answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Sage?" A female voice I don't recognize asks.

"Who is this?"

"It's me, um, B...It's Birdie. It's been a long time." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 29K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
5.4M 184K 46
Veronica Cruz has been through hell and back. After disconnecting with the world two years ago to be at the side of her dying mother, she's left alon...
1.1K 111 40
"What?" He asked, pulling me from my daydream again. I chuckled, biting my lip again. "Are you thinking about me naked?" He asked jokingly. I blushed...
961K 15.8K 87
{Completed} I bend her over the table and smack her perfect shaped ass. She moaned in response and oh how it was music to my ear. I place my dick at...