THE EYE THAT NEVER SLEEPS

By jmortiff

In this gripping mystery-thriller, immerse yourself in the world of high school sleuths under the leadership... More

PORTRAYERS
Disclaimer
Trigger Warning
The Eye That Never Sleeps
Unveiling The Central Figures
Chapter 1: The Ferocious Lion
Chapter 2: The Rich Pinocchio
Chapter 3: Inattentional blindness
Chapter 4: The Unbothered King
Chapter 5: The State Of Mind
Chapter 6: A Lie Will Remain A Lie
Chapter 7: A Paternal Affection
Chapter 8: The Immutable Truth
TETNS SQUAD
Chapter 9: Mind And Arrow
Chapter 10: Strengths And Weaknesses
Chapter 11: Words Behind Words
TETNS SQUAD A02
Chapter 12: Heart Filled Of Avarice
Tetelestai A03
Chapter 13: The Cloak Of Deception
Chapter 14: The Cloak Of Deception PART II
Tetelestai A04
Chapter 16: Whispers of the Heart
Chapter 17: Whispers Of The Heart Part II
Tetelestai A05
Chapter 18: Playing with Fire: A Deadly Game of Manipulation
Chapter 19: The Mind's Eye and the Lady with the Apple
Chapter 20: Perception's Illusion: Unmasking the Layers of Judgment
Chapter 21: Uncovering Crime: Investigating Motives and Psychological Drivers

Chapter 15: From Victim To Villain: Unraveling The Nightmares

1.4K 86 1.4K
By jmortiff

CONTENT & TRIGGER WARNING:
Within this chapter lies content of a sensitive nature that has the potential to cause distress for some readers. This content covers, but is not restricted to, depictions and references to death, self-harm, suicide, explicit violence, sexual assault, and the use of explicit language, among other topics. I respectfully request that you exercise caution when engaging with these sensitive subjects and be mindful of any personal triggers they may provoke.

Furthermore, it is advised to engage in self-care practices before, during, and after reading.

Keep in mind that there might be some typos and grammar mistakes in the text. Don't worry, though - we're all human and these things happen! Just keep your eyes peeled and enjoy the content.

"Talking to your god and being forgiven does not absolve you of the sins you have committed in the past. In this realm, we are also bound by the legal codes established by humanity. Any individual who commits an unlawful act must be held accountable and subjected to the jurisdiction of the law."

CHAPTER 15:
FROM VICTIM TO VILLAIN: UNRAVELING THE NIGHTMARES

ELLIE REIGN MORRIS

"Life is replete with unforeseen circumstances that unveil hidden truths from previous times. Might I refer to this phenomenon as divine justice? I am interested in hearing your perspective, Emmanuel." Hiyaschi inquired while gradually shifting his gaze towards the pastor, accompanied by a derisive smirk.

And once more, the utterance made by Hiyaschi left all of us in a state of profound shock and astonishment. It was as though an abrupt stillness had engulfed us, rendering us incapable of articulating a single word. Each one of us appeared to be struggling to assimilate the words that escaped Hiyaschi's lips. Even Keith was astounded by the information he received. It is likely that meeting the actual perpetrator of the crimes, known as The Stripped Strangler, was beyond his expectations.

"Emmanuel, Emmanuel, Emmanuel." Hiyaschi recited the pastor's name with deliberate and repetitive intonation before positioning his hands behind his back.

"Your name, Emmanuel, is truly exquisite as it holds a profound meaning of 'God is with us'." Hiyaschi's lips formed a taut and scornful grin while gazing at the pastor, unmistakably expressing his contempt towards him.

"But it seems that the god you revere has abandoned you in favor of our cause. Nevertheless, another possible viewpoint is that your god's love for you is so deep that he has permitted you to fall into our grasp. Which perspective do you consider to be more favorable?" Hiyaschi conveyed his statement with a tone of mockery.

The pastor cast his gaze upon Hiyaschi, regaining his composure after a fleeting moment of astonishment. With a deliberate motion, he cautiously elevated his right hand from behind, causing us all to be overcome with surprise as we observed the absence of a middle finger on that very hand.

Na-nagkataon lang ba ito o nangangahulugan talagang siya nga si The Stripped Strangler?

Ang pastor ay nagpakita ng isang taimtim na ngiti at, muli, inilagay ang kanyang kanang kamay sa likod ng kanyang likod habang siya ay nakatayo sa isang tuwid na paraan. Walang bakas ng takot o pagsisisi sa kanyang mukha, at pinanatili niya ang kanyang pagiging kalmado sa gitna ng paghahayag na nauukol sa kanya.

"Hindi ba't nakasulat sa Bibliya sa II Corinto 5:17 na kung ang sinuman ay na kay Cristo, siya ay bagong nilalang: ang mga lumang bagay ay lumipas na; narito, silang lahat ay naging bago?" The pastor responded to Hiyaschi with a soft-spoken demeanor while maintaining direct eye contact with him.

Judging by his statement, it appears that he is not refuting the fact that he is The Stripped Strangler. Instead, he is asserting that he has undergone a transformation due to his belief in Christ.

"Six years have elapsed; I implore us to abstain from dwelling on the past, for it is now behind us. I have communicated with God, expressing my plea for forgiveness, and He has graciously granted it unto me. As a result, I am now a devoted follower of Christ, experiencing a transformative renewal of my being."

Natatakasan na ba siya ng bait? Nakakaranas ba siya ng pagkasira sa kanyang mga kakayahan sa pag-iisip? Iyon ba ang katwiran na ibinibigay niya? Iginigiit ba niya na wala na siyang pananagutan sa mga kasuklam-suklam na pagkakasala na ginawa niya dahil sa kanyang paniniwala na nakausap niya ang Dios? Siya ay pinatawad na at bagong nilalang na, at tagasunod ni Kristo? He even used 'God', the Son of God, and the scriptural passages in his delusional state.

"The previous individual known as 'The Stripped Strangler' has perished. I have undergone a transformation and now identify myself as a new being in the Christian faith. Presently, I hold the esteemed title of Pastor Emmanuel Dimasala, serving as the head pastor of the sacred temple in which God Himself dwells." There was a notable emphasis placed on the words uttered by him, suggesting that he appears to have been pardoned for his previous atrocious transgressions.

I experienced an abrupt onset of intense anger within me. My hands are trembling and I can sense my fingernails penetrating both of my palms. It appears to be accurate that he possesses a distorted mental state. How could he articulate such statements? His mental state was truly deteriorating. Did he genuinely believe he could evade the consequences of his actions solely based on his personal conviction of being forgiven by God and experiencing a spiritual rebirth in Christ?

Hiyaschi chuckled in response to the words uttered by the Pastor. It is the inaugural instance where I have witnessed him giggling, implying that the words spoken by the Pastor amused him.

"May I inquire as to how you can ascertain with certainty that you have indeed received forgiveness from the genuine Almighty?" Hiyaschi articulated the words with a sardonic tone, his voice exuding derision.

"It is plausible to consider the possibility that this perception of absolution may be a product of your own delusions, or perhaps you are referring to a deity other than the one typically recognized. It is conceivable that the god you are alluding to may in fact be the one who aspires to attain divinity and stand on equal footing with the Almighty. This particular entity is known as the progenitor of demons and fabricator of falsehoods, which seems to align with your own demeanor. It is worth mentioning that, to the best of my knowledge, the Most High does not dwell in temples constructed by human hands, as contradicted by your assertions."

Emmanuel's countenance underwent a gradual transformation, transitioning into an irate demeanor as a direct result of Hiyaschi's utterances. Notably, the telltale signs of his fury were perceptible through the trembling of his hand and the grinding of his teeth, while Hiyaschi, in contrast, maintained an unperturbed and collected composure despite the pastor's seething rage.

"I initially anticipated encountering difficulties in dealing with you. However, you pleasantly surprised me by significantly facilitating my task. I had reservations about the possibility of encountering deceit and denial from you regarding your true identity as The Stripped Strangler. Therefore, I extend my sincerest gratitude to you, esteemed spiritual leader of malevolent entities." Hiyaschi added sarcastically.

"Talking to your god and being forgiven does not absolve you of the sins you have committed in the past. In this realm, we are also bound by the legal codes established by humanity. Any individual who commits an unlawful act must be held accountable and subjected to the jurisdiction of the law." Hiyaschi is providing additional elucidation to the pastor.

"Maraming tao ang naniniwala na ang kanilang mga kasalanan ay mapapatawad kung sila ay humingi ng kapatawaran sa kanilang diyos. Ngunit, sa konteksto ng batas ng tao o legal na sistema, ang paghingi ng kapatawaran sa kanilang diyos ay hindi sapat para maabsuwelto o mapatawad ang isang tao sa kanyang mga nagawang kasalanan sa kasalukuyan man o nakaraan." Biglang sumingit si Inspector Canoun.

"Sa ating lipunan, mayroon tayong mga batas na itinakda ng tao na naglalayong magbigay ng hustisya at kaayusan. Ang sinumang nagkasala o lumabag sa mga batas na ito ay kinakailangang managot at harapin ang kahalagahan ng kanyang mga aksyon." He proceeded towards the pastor and readied his handcuffs.

"Thus, it is paramount to note that seeking forgiveness from one's god and perceiving oneself as absolved does not absolve one from the obligation to confront the repercussions of their deeds within the framework of societal legislation. In simpler terms, the concept of spiritual forgiveness does not supersede the requirement for legal liability."

Inspector Canoun was on the verge of seizing his hands for the purpose of placing handcuffs on him, when unexpectedly Emmanuel seized the Inspector's firearm and proceeded to flee in my direction. The abrupt and unexpected string of events caught me completely off guard, and I soon found myself in the grasp of Emmanuel. With great force, he ensnared my neck with his right hand, while brandishing a firearm with his left hand pointed directly at my forehead. The intense fear that followed caused my entire body to tremble uncontrollably.

"Isuko mo na ang sarili mo, Emmanuel," pakiusap ni Inspector Canoun sa pastor, "at huwag mo nang idamay ang batang iyan dito," dagdag niya pa. Ngunit tila hindi siya narinig ng pastor.

The pastor instructed all law enforcement officers to proceed to the center, and without hesitation, they complied by raising their hands, effectively mitigating any potential harm that could have been inflicted upon me.

"Sino ba kayo sa akala ninyo? Mas magaling pa ba kayo sa dios? Eh pinatawad na niya ako, may magagawa pa ba kayo? Mga hangal na nilalang!"

The pastor, who previously exhibited a composed demeanor, currently exhibits intense agitation reminiscent of an enraged creature. Evidently, a profound anger exudes from his very being. His eyes undergo a transformation, acquiring a reddened hue, while his teeth tighten in a display of furious emotions. Additionally, the presence of tremors in his body serve as unmistakable indicators of his wrath.

"Hi-hiyaschi." The initial name that escaped my lips. My respiration intensified, becoming deep and rapid. Tremors coursed through my hands, while a chilling perspiration cascaded from my brow.

I am experiencing a surge of trepidation. I am currently sensing a significant drop in body temperature, accompanied by trembling of my physique and a wavering in the modulation of my voice. Furthermore, the frigid contact of the firearm aimed at my cranium intensifies my already heightened state of dread.

Hiyaschi's gaze turned towards us with intentional slowness, while discreetly hiding his hand behind his back. Though an overwhelming sense of trepidation consumed me, Hiyaschi appeared unperturbed, exuding an aura of serenity amidst the chaotic milieu. His eyes revealed no trace of concern for my well-being.

I perceived the presence of tears, warm in temperature, gradually descending from my ocular organs along my facial region.

"Mas mataas pa ba ang batas ng tao kaysa sa batas ng Dios? Kayong mga walang takot sa salita ng Dios! Mga hangal at inutil!" Emmanuel persistently displayed vocal outbursts of anger. Eventually, his attention turned towards Keith, and he redirected his fiery stare and intense animosity towards him.

"Ikaw ang may kasalanan ng lahat ng ito! Kailangan mong pagbayaran ang kasalanan mo!" He vociferated at Keith and subsequently directed the firearm towards him, proceeding to discharge it, resulting in a gunshot wound to Keith's hand. The resounding bang of the firearm caused me to experience an intense inclination to scream. Upon gazing at Keith, I witnessed him contorting in agony, clutching the hand wounded by the bullet.

"Tahimik na ang pamumuhay ko, ngunit dahil sa kahayupan mo, binuksan mo lang ang nakaraan na matagal ko nang tinalikuran!" His vocal intonation began to exhibit tremors. The precise cause for this physiological response remains undisclosed; nevertheless, it is plausible that it originates from an emotion veiled deep within his emotional faculties. "Pinatawad na ako ng Dios!" nangangalit na sigaw niya pa.

All of the police officers positioned their firearms and aimed them towards the pastor. My fear heightened as the pastor's hold on me grew tighter, and he once again directed the gun he had in his possession towards my head.

Hiyaschi raised his left hand, thereby indicating the police officers to lower their firearms. Instantly, the police officers dutifully complied with Hiyaschi's gesture, displaying a sense of reverence and obedience towards his instructions.

"Do not come any closer!" I pleaded with Hiyaschi upon witnessing his approach towards our direction.

But he disregarded my words and persisted in his approach towards us.

Emmanuel leveled his firearm at Hiyaschi, an action that further intensified my fear.

"I said don't come any closer!" I shouted at him. My countenance is overwhelmed with a torrent of tears.

Hi-hindi ba siya nag-iisip? Nakita na nga niya kung paanong binaril ng Pastor si Keith. Paano kung bigla na lang din siyang barilin ng Pastor?

"Death no longer scares me." Hiyaschi spoke the words in a composed manner to the clergyman, exhibiting a detached and stoic expression that contained no hint of apprehension. This detachment clearly communicated the gravity of his statement. Despite the circumstances, he maintained his composure and remained resolute, displaying unwavering equilibrium and a steady breathing pattern.

"You may choose to take action against me by means of shooting, if it is your desire."

Is he displaying signs of mental instability? Is he genuinely committed to his statements? What would be the potential consequences if the pastor were to act according to his words?

The pastor once again directed the firearm towards my cranium, significantly intensifying my already heightened state of fear. The palpable quivering of his hand while gripping the weapon further added to my distress.

Hiyaschi exhaled deeply. Just as he was about to form a smile, his countenance was illuminated by the gentle yellow glow emanating from the descending sun. In this captivating illumination, his face became distinctly visible, and it shimmered with an ethereal quality. As a light breeze caressed his neck-length, straight, blonde locks, an enigmatic smile graced his lips.

"Notwithstanding the brilliance of the sun outside, the dimly lit room remained impervious to even the slightest ray of sunlight."

Huh? A-anong pinag-sa-sasabi niya?

"In a dimly lit chamber, a young lad cowered in concealment, his body quivering uncontrollably due to sheer terror."

He proceeded to approach us at a leisurely pace, while the pastor retreated, clutching onto me.

"Emmanuel," unexpectedly, the pastor abruptly halted his actions upon hearing Hiyaschi utter his name in a soft and delicate manner. The manner in which Hiyaschi pronounced his name possessed an eerie quality that seemed to trigger Emmanuel's recollection of his haunting history.

"Emmanuel, Emmanuel, Emmanuel, I beseech you, please reveal your whereabouts. Pray tell, where do you conceal yourself?" His voice exudes a captivating charm, producing a mesmerizing melody that engulfs the senses and fascinates its audience. The enchanting tones gracefully traverse through the atmosphere, entrancing unassuming individuals, akin to a mystical enchantment that possesses the ability to captivate and mesmerize anyone who succumbs to its enchanting and hypnotic allure.

"Doesn't it say in the Bible, in Matthew 5:29-30, 'And if thy right eye offends thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offends thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." Emmanuel's trembling intensified further as time went on. This trembling was no longer fueled by anger, but rather by a sense of intense and profound fear.

"Emmanuel, present yourself before your father and approach me, so that together we may eliminate the sources of temptation that lead you to sin."

The pastor abruptly relinquished his grip on the firearm he was grasping. Simultaneously, he released his hold on me and clutched his own neck, appearing to engage in a struggle to loosen the grip around his throat. His countenance flushed crimson, and the vessels in his neck protruded, signifying his distress. His ability to breathe became compromised, causing him to collapse onto the ground. Promptly, Inspector Canoun immediately picked up his gun that fell on the ground, while Police Officer Easton expeditiously pulled me away, allowing us to observe the pastor on his knees, enduring what appeared to be an ongoing strangulation.

"My-my fa-fa-father, I'm so-so-so-oooorry. Pl-please do-don't do th-this to me." Emmanuel uttered with difficulty while keeping a tight grip on his throat.

"Ha-have me-mercy o-o-on me." Streams of tears cascaded down his visage.

"He too fell prey to the cruelties of his own father, who was not only abusive but also displayed hypocritical behavior. It can be argued that his father bears responsibility for the loss of his middle finger on the right hand. The father who presented himself as a virtuous figure, a devout pastor who adhered strictly to the teachings of the Bible. It is conceivable that he took those teachings literally and, in an act of punishment for his son's perceived wrongdoing, intentionally severed his finger." Hiyaschi expressed his composure as he maintained his gaze on the pastor, who appeared to be experiencing respiratory distress and evident struggle.

Suddenly, an abrupt, piercing scream escaped Emmanuel's lips as he forcefully brought his hand to his own body, almost as though he vehemently sought to prevent an invisible entity from disrobing him.

"Furthermore, Emmanuel endured both physical and sexual abuse inflicted by his own father, paralleling the ruthless methods employed by his father to exploit his own prey. Initially, Emmanuel's motive was to make others experience the pain he himself had endured. However, in subsequent cases, this desire transformed into a perverse obsession. It evolved into a wicked craving for flesh. The period of six years during which he ceased his actions was perhaps prompted by an accident that rendered him comatose, leading to a transformative experience upon awakening. He interpreted this event as a divine intervention, believing it to be a heavenly deliverance." Hiyaschi positioned his arms in a crossed manner, placed them over his chest.

A victim who transformed into a malevolent antagonist, displaying true monstrosity.

I am uncertain as to how I should truly perceive him. Although I harbor anger towards him, there remains a compassionate part of my being that sympathizes with him. It is disheartening to learn that his own biological father exploited, mistreated, and assaulted him. Such heinous acts committed by a father towards his own offspring are beyond my expectations. Nonetheless, regardless of the cruelty he endured in the past, it should not serve as a rationalization for inflicting harm upon others or engaging in acts of violence. He should have not allowed his distressing history to shape a present filled with cruelty.

And despite any genuine transformation he may have undergone, it is important to acknowledge that his past transgressions cannot simply be dismissed. It is imperative that he be held responsible under the jurisdiction of the legal system, so that the five individuals who lost their lives due to his actions may receive the justice they deserve.

After a considerable duration of time, Inspector Canoun effectively immobilized Emmanuel by securely attaching handcuffs to his wrists and subsequently guided him towards the back seating compartment of the police vehicle. Simultaneously, in order to receive necessary medical treatment for the gunshot wounds inflicted by Emmanuel, Keith was momentarily transported in an ambulance. The commendable inspector engaged in a brief conversation with Hiyaschi for a short interval and currently, they are in the process of nearing the precise vicinity where Officer Easton and I are stationed.

I faced Police Officer Easton, who was positioned beside me.

"Officer Easton, pwede bang sa iyo na lang ako sumabay pauwi?" The tonality of my voice possessed a discernible attribute of beseeching as I partook in discourse with him.

"Bakit hindi ka ba ihahatid pauwi ni Hiyaschi?" Although he exhibits curiosity, his concern becomes evident through the tone of his voice.

The fact of the matter is, I am uncertain. Nonetheless, I hold reservations regarding the prospect of going back home in his presence. Over the course of the day, I have made multiple mistakes, thus leading to my apprehension of facing his potentially harsh criticism.

"O sige, sa akin ka na sumabay pauwi. Ipagpapaalam kita kay Hiyaschi." I experienced a sense of relief upon hearing Officer Easton's statement. It is plausible that he might have detected my apprehension, leading him to acquiesce to my entreaty.

Upon the arrival of Hiyaschi and Inspector Canoun in our vicinity, Inspector Canoun initiated a conversation with me concerning the events that had taken place earlier. He firmly recommended that I seek guidance from a medical expert, expressing concerns about the potential traumatic consequences of the aforementioned incidents. Nonetheless, I respectfully declined his suggestion and reassured him of my sound physical and mental well-being.

But, to be completely honest, I must confess that I provided false information. Regrettably, I must admit that even now my entire physical being experiences an overwhelming sense of fear whenever the recollection of the previous incident resurfaces, particularly when the vivid image of the gun muzzle pressed firmly against my cranium comes to mind.

Inspector Canoun was the first person to bid us farewell, advising us to be cautious as he proceeded towards the police vehicle where Pastor Emmanuel was located.

When Inspector Canoun departed, a sudden silence enveloped the three of us - myself, Hiyaschi, and Police Officer Easton.

"Ah, oo nga pala, sabi niya, sa akin daw siya sasabay pauwi," basag ni Officer Easton sa katahimikan. Gusto kong kurutin si Officer Easton sa tagiliran, bakit sinabi niya pang 'sabi niya' ah!

Hiyaschi displayed no reaction in response to the statement made by Police Officer Easton.

"Let's go," pagyaya ni Officer Easton sa akin, at pagkatapos ay binuksan niya na ang pinto ng police car na nasa harapan namin.

I executed a subtle incline of my body as a formal act of bidding farewell to Hiyaschi. As I readied myself to advance towards the front passenger seat of the police vehicle, my progress was impeded as he firmly clasped my hand.

Hiyaschi firmly clasped my hand.

He firmly clasped my hand.

"I was the person who brought her to this place, so it is my responsibility to take her back home. Let me do this task." He addressed Officer Easton in a composed manner.

"Ellie Reign, it's time to hit the road."

Ellie Reign, it's time to hit the road.

Ellie Reign...

And he delicately guided me towards his vehicle, and I refrained from expressing any objections. I simply acquiesced to his action of leading me towards his car.

Hiyaschi was cognizant of my name and verbalized it with his lips.

Tetelestai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162 16 10
It wasn't like any other day at school, for there was going to happen something you'd never imagine! Our protagonist, a sixteen year old Kenneth Murr...
947 45 46
Hope Flynn used to love water. She never realized the power of water, or the strength of it until the accident. Now Hope knows just how dangerous wat...
178 70 15
Daiyamondo Prepatory isn't a normal school. Of course there's drama, romance, and rivalrey- but there has never been murders. When Kokoro Sato dies...
300 24 21
Neil has dropped all communications with his sister, Shuchi for last two years. However, when one morning she turns up uninvited at his home in Londo...